NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky wont show offensive film about Micheal Jackson.

5 posters

Go down

Sky wont show offensive film about Micheal Jackson. Empty Sky wont show offensive film about Micheal Jackson.

Post by Syl Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:00 pm

A short comedy film made about Michael Jackson will not now be shown by Sky as it has caused upset amongst his family and fans....they deem it disrespectful, and also find the white actor playing him "scary, disturbing and terrifying"

Sky wont show offensive film about Micheal Jackson. BByaj9k

"A comedy episode about Michael Jackson has been pulled after the music icon's daughter complained about his "incredibly offensive" portrayal.
The Urban Legends episode featuring Joseph Fiennes as Jackson was removed from Sky's schedule after more than 20,000 people signed a petition protesting it.
Paris Jackson, who lost her father in 2009, yesterday tweeted about the programme, saying: "I'm so incredibly offended by it, as I'm sure plenty of people are as well, and it honestly makes me want to vomit."

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/sky-bins-michael-jackson-comedy-with-incredibly-offensive-portrayal-of-music-legend/ar-AAlPHqs?li=AA5a2k&ocid=spartanntp
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Sky wont show offensive film about Micheal Jackson. Empty Re: Sky wont show offensive film about Micheal Jackson.

Post by eddie Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Hmmmm. I would say a lot of people get offended by programmes about themselves or family members.
I understand he's her daddy and she will be upset....but where do we draw the line?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Sky wont show offensive film about Micheal Jackson. Empty Re: Sky wont show offensive film about Micheal Jackson.

Post by Syl Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Stockard Channing (probably best known for playing pink lady Rizzo in the film Grease) has come in for some criticism also for playing Liz Taylor.....I think she looks like her in her later years. Laughing

Sky wont show offensive film about Micheal Jackson. Urban-Myths
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:52 pm

She was a great pink lady, my favourite character...Sandy was so wishy-washy, and yeah, she looks very like her!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:50 pm

eddie wrote:She was a great pink lady, my favourite character...Sandy was so wishy-washy, and yeah, she looks very like her!

I just found this, it seems she has been compared to her before, even when she was young.

Sky wont show offensive film about Micheal Jackson. Tumblr_m8d6aaeGPI1qd34z9
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:52 pm

As for the criticism of this film...cant say because I haven't seen it obviously, but the fact that a white actor was chosen to play Michael Jackson seems to have upset a lot of people.

As Jackson strived to be white....and ended up whiter than most, I don't see why this should upset anyone. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Idea

The Jackson family do have a good and valid point...

The choice of actors to portray Michael Jackson and Elizabeth Taylor,  were grossly offensive from the beginning..

Just how much fact, fallacy and fiction are mixed up in this story  ?

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:59 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmmm. I would say a lot of people get offended by programmes about themselves or family members.
I understand he's her daddy and she will be upset....but where do we draw the line?

I agree.  What is it about Paris Jackson's vomit that doesn't stink?  Just aim it over there, hon.

Most the time--apropos of Trump's Moscow sex tape--most people who are offended by something, are really offended by their own behavior...or that someone close to them.  This is misplaced.  Wrongful acts should not be hidden, but discouraged.  A lot of people get that little subtlety backwards.  

If full disclosure makes people uncomfortable, good.  That's the way it should be.  If anything, that's the point.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:04 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Idea

The Jackson family do have a good and valid point...

The choice of actors to portray Michael Jackson and Elizabeth Taylor,  were grossly offensive from the beginning..

Just how much fact, fallacy and fiction are mixed up in this story  ?
Well it was supposed to be a light hearted look at one event in his life....not a true to life biopic.

Joseph Fiennes is a well respected actor....as is Stockard Channing, who plays Liz Taylor... not his mother.
You corrected your post.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:07 pm

I could understand Jacksons family being upset if the film concentrated on his child sex abuse scandals.....but this is a light hearted film about a road trip he apparently took with Liz Taylor and Marlon Brando.

Sky wont show it, I bet someone will though.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Major wrote:I am glad they will not show it and I hope it gets blocked all over but I doubt it.

Glorifying him on film is absurd due to his perverse history which we only know 'something' about, possibly tip of the lettuce.

I don't think it's glorifying him Major....that's the point. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Major wrote:I am glad they will not show it and I hope it gets blocked all over but I doubt it.

Glorifying him on film is absurd due to his perverse history which we only know 'something' about, possibly tip of the lettuce.

You realise he wasn't found guilty but perhaps the Sun newspaper told you something different. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down