NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police investigate far-right 'invasions' of Bradford and Glasgow mosques

+2
Tommy Monk
gerber
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Police investigate far-right 'invasions' of Bradford and Glasgow mosques Empty Police investigate far-right 'invasions' of Bradford and Glasgow mosques

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 2:03 pm

Police investigate far-right 'invasions' of Bradford and Glasgow mosques
Representatives of Britain First hand out leaflets and bibles to Muslim worshippers as part of 'Christian crusade' campaign

Police in Bradford and Scotland have launched an investigation after a group of far-right activists "invaded" mosques in the cities over the weekend.

Representatives of Britain First, an offshoot of the British National party which is contesting this month's local and European elections, carried out what they called a "Christian crusade", handing out leaflets and bibles to Muslim worshippers.

In Yorkshire, the group wore matching flatcaps and green jackets embossed with the party logo, which features a crown and the legend: "Taking our country back."

Zulfi Karim, secretary of the Bradford Council of Mosques, said the action marked a new wave of extremist action and was co-ordinated with "almost military precision".

He said none of the Bradford mosques affected wanted to go on the record about what happened, lest they get visited again.

Azhar Dim, secretary trustee at Cumbernauld mosque in North Lanarkshire, said: "The initial approach of the group felt very intimidating, hostile and threatening, and they asked to speak to the imam in a raised voice. The event occurred out of the blue and shocked some of the worshippers present.

"However, when the imam appeared they spoke calmly, and the situation became calmer and people were less concerned. The leader presented the imam with some leaflets on 'grooming' and a bible and spoke very calmly, before leaving shortly after."

Police Scotland said it was investigating complaints made by Glasgow central mosque and Cumbernauld mosque on Sunday night.

Detectives in Bradford were trying to establish whether any criminal offences were committed when at least three of the city's mosques were targeted.

On Monday night, George Galloway, the MP for Bradford West, toured three mosques which had been attacked.

In a statement he demanded that the home secretary, Theresa May, take action to reassure the community and ban Britain First, which he called "a racist, neo-fascist gang of fanatics".

Galloway said: "It was first with dismay, then incredulity and finally anger that I learned that more than 48 hours after these jackbooted thugs had burst in on worshippers to desecrate holy places there has been absolutely no contact with any of the imams or members of the local Council for Mosques by the Home Office …

"Theresa May should have been on the first train to Bradford trailing officials and reassuring the Muslim community that not only would the perpetrators be punished but that she would ensure that an outrage like this never occurs again. Instead? A stony silence.

"I have written to the home secretary slating her failure, and that of her department, in dealing with this and calling on her to urgently come to grips with it."

In a joint statement David Green, the leader of Bradford council, and his counterparts from the Conservative and Liberal Democrat groups, said: "We stand together to condemn strongly this outrageous behaviour by outside agitators in some mosques over the weekend. We understand that nobody from Bradford district was involved in these incidents.

"All houses of worship should be treated with respect by all members of every community, regardless of their faith or culture. Anybody who enters any house of worship must abide by the rules of that religion.

"An attack on any house of worship is an attack on everyone and the whole of Bradford district. We will not tolerate any place of worship being disrupted in an aggressive way and subject to disrespect.

"We have met with the police and the Council for Mosques and have stressed the absolute importance of all congregations and places of worship being safe. We have received reassurance from the police that: all places of worship are safe, including mosques, churches, temples and synagogues, no mosque has been desecrated, a high-level police investigation is under way and any breach of the law will be pursued vigorously."

Britain First caused controversy recently after using "Remember Lee Rigby" as their party slogan, an act which prompted the Electoral Commission to change the rules on how political parties describe themselves on ballot papers.

David Ward, Bradford East's Lib Dem MP, said he feared the incidents were being blown out of proportion. Until further evidence is accumulated it would not be right to comment further, he said.

Detective Superintendent Lisa Griffin, of Bradford district police, said: "We would like to reassure the people of Bradford that this matter is being taken seriously, and that appropriate action will be taken if any offences have been committed."

Britain First describes itself as "a patriotic political party and street defence organisation that opposes and fights the many injustices that are routinely inflicted on the British people".

Led by Paul Golding, a former BNP councillor and editor of the BNP's Flagship magazine, the party is structured like a paramilitary organisation, with "battalions" representing different regions.

After the weekend's events, Golding wrote on the party's Facebook page that the "Christian crusade" would continue. "Our intelligence team is at present compiling lists of home address's [sic] of Bradford MPs, councillors, newspaper editors and Muslim community leaders/imams, and we will be visiting them all over the next couple of weeks.

"We will also continue our invasions of Bradford mosques, madrassas and community centres – we are only getting warmed up! We appeal to moderate Muslims to act against the 'enemy within' or we will!"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/13/police-far-right-invasions-bradford-glasgow-mosques-britain-first

Just image the furore there would have been if a load of Muslims went into churches handing of korans. The papers would have been full of it, it would have been seen as desicration and there would have been questions asked in Parliament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Police investigate far-right 'invasions' of Bradford and Glasgow mosques Empty Re: Police investigate far-right 'invasions' of Bradford and Glasgow mosques

Post by gerber Tue May 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Flat caps and a green jacket are not exactly clothes I would consider intimidating....
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Police investigate far-right 'invasions' of Bradford and Glasgow mosques Empty Re: Police investigate far-right 'invasions' of Bradford and Glasgow mosques

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Good afternoon Folks.

Ermmm I'm little bit lost here.What have these leaflet distributors actually done wrong?

Can someone please name the criminal act & section which they have supposedly contravened.Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:04 pm

Handing out leaflets and bibles. Wow! Vicious bastards. Invasion indeed. Next thing you'll be hearing about them hacking off a soldier's head in the street or something. Shocking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:05 pm

Tesstacious wrote:Handing out leaflets and bibles.  Wow!  Vicious bastards.  Invasion indeed.  Next thing you'll be hearing about them hacking off a soldier's head in the street or something.  Shocking.

Noooo Tess that would never happen in this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:07 pm

Dirty racist fuckers,,,just let them come north of Glasgow and I'll shoot those dirty racist tarts in the erse with my son's BB gun, the bastards.

Don't know if they have been sent up from down south, or if it's our own racist mongrels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Tesstacious wrote:Handing out leaflets and bibles.  Wow!  Vicious bastards.  Invasion indeed.  Next thing you'll be hearing about them hacking off a soldier's head in the street or something.  Shocking.

Tess..they said they were intimidating and asked to speak to the Imam in bad tone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Tess..they said they were intimidating and asked to speak to the Imam in bad tone.

Dear me,sounds terrifying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Shady wrote:Good afternoon Folks.

Ermmm I'm little bit lost here.What have these leaflet distributors actually done wrong?

Can someone please name the criminal act & section which they have supposedly contravened.Thanks.

You'd be ok then if Muslims walked into a church, demanded to see the Rector and started handing out korans. Would you hell Shady.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady wrote:Good afternoon Folks.

You'd be ok then if Muslims walked into a church, demanded to see the Rector and started handing out korans.   Would you hell Shady.

You're exaggerating Sassy,just like silly old Galloway & the imams.....Stop it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Shady wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I'm sure the way they wee approached they most likely were terrified Shady..there hardly calling for a cup of tea!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Shady wrote:
Sassy wrote:

You'd be ok then if Muslims walked into a church, demanded to see the Rector and started handing out korans.   Would you hell Shady.

No I'm not Shady. Just image if gangs of Muslims walked into churches and started handing out korans. Everyone would be up in arms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Shady wrote:

I'm sure the way they wee approached they most likely were terrified Shady..there hardly calling for a cup of tea!

You're exaggerating as well.Grow up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:16 pm

Shady wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

That's not an exaggeration ffs!!!!

So you think the Muslims felt they had nothing to fear?  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:17 pm

Shady wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Frankly Shady, you are the one in denial, you know full well what would happen if it was the other way round.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:17 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady wrote:

No I'm not Shady.   Just image if gangs of Muslims walked into churches and started handing out korans.   Everyone would be up in arms.

Everyone up in arms???....If only.Churchgoers wouldn't dare say a thing for fear of being branded bigots.

Come on Sass you know this leaflet story is being bigged up & it's nowhere near as bad as it's being made out to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady wrote:

Frankly Shady, you are the one in denial, you know full well what would happen if it was the other way round.

Hang on a minute,I'm trying to get to that thread about the melting ice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:20 pm

Shady wrote:
Sassy wrote:

No I'm not Shady.   Just image if gangs of Muslims walked into churches and started handing out korans.   Everyone would be up in arms.

Everyone up in arms???....If only.Churchgoers wouldn't dare say a thing for fear of being branded bigots.

Come on Sass you know this leaflet story is being bigged up & it's nowhere near as bad as it's being made out to be.

Wrong, the muslim mosque goers didn't dare say a thing at the time, but reported it afterwards, as would churchgoers, no way would they not report it. There would be questions asked in the house, and screams of takeovers. You can deny it all you like, you know it's the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady wrote:

Wrong, the muslim mosque goers didn't dare say a thing at the time, but reported it afterwards, as would churchgoers, no way would they not report it.   There would be questions asked in the house, and screams of takeovers.   You can deny it all you like, you know it's the truth.

And so do you....Leaflet ditributors.....give me a break.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Joy Division wrote:Dirty racist fuckers,,,just let them come north of Glasgow and I'll shoot those dirty racist tarts in the erse with my son's BB gun, the bastards.

Don't know if they have been sent up from down south, or if it's our own racist mongrels.

Britain First on Scottish TV tonight
BBC1 Scotland -10.35
STV -11.15
BBC2 Scotland -11.20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:45 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady wrote:

Wrong, the muslim mosque goers didn't dare say a thing at the time, but reported it afterwards, as would churchgoers, no way would they not report it.   There would be questions asked in the house, and screams of takeovers.   You can deny it all you like, you know it's the truth.
I shouldn't worry yourself Sassy - it's only a few.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Tue May 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Until today I had never heard of the group. Well done Galloway for giving it such prominent coverage and bringing them to the attention of mainstream UK.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:52 pm

shocking behaviour handing out bibles i mean that must be really intimidating . My goodness i wonder how many years these wicked bastards will receive in jail, how dare Christians speak in a calm tone and ask to see the imam whatever he is called i mean he must have terrified poor soul .

sassy this is pathetic  :-:cawg:-: :-:cawg:-: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:54 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:shocking behaviour handing out bibles i mean that must be really intimidating . My goodness i wonder how many years these wicked bastards will receive in jail, how dare Christians speak in a calm tone and ask to see the imam whatever he is called i mean he must have terrified poor soul .

Come on Dibs this is serious......THEY WERE GIVING OUT LEAFLETS!!

Have you no feelings? Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:58 pm

Shady wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:shocking behaviour handing out bibles i mean that must be really intimidating . My goodness i wonder how many years these wicked bastards will receive in jail, how dare Christians speak in a calm tone and ask to see the imam whatever he is called i mean he must have terrified poor soul .

Come on Dibs this is serious......THEY WERE GIVING OUT LEAFLETS!!

Have you no feelings? Smile 

leaflets too oh no ! i didn't realize they were handing out leaflets , thats terrifying indeed  ::rfth:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 4:04 pm

On Monday night, George Galloway, the MP for Bradford West, toured three mosques which had been attacked.

exaggerated bullshit  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 4:10 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:On Monday night, George Galloway, the MP for Bradford West, toured three mosques which had been attacked.

I bet those at the mosques thought,'oh f ing marvelous'when they found out that Galloway was on on his way.

I feel sorry for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 13, 2014 4:20 pm

Gallowank talking bollocks?

Never!!!!!

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 4:20 pm

Shady wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:On Monday night, George Galloway, the MP for Bradford West, toured three mosques which had been attacked.

I bet those at the mosques thought,'oh f ing marvelous'when they found out that Galloway was on on his way.

I feel sorry for them.

i bet they did what a compete tosser of man he is , i remember listening to arse hole on talk sport had to turn it off he just got on my nerves too much

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Joy Division wrote:Dirty racist fuckers,,,just let them come north of Glasgow and I'll shoot those dirty racist tarts in the erse with my son's BB gun, the bastards.

you racist bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 4:39 pm

Well in that case Dibs, if you think it's pathetic, I'll see if I can rustle up some Muslims to come and hand out korans in your church. Then I'll wait for your reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 13, 2014 4:58 pm

I've had a muslem try to give me a Koran before, shall I call the police and tell them how I've been invaded1
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 5:01 pm

They're probably really the Salvation Army's militant division...

Police investigate far-right 'invasions' of Bradford and Glasgow mosques Ramp10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 5:03 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I've had a muslem try to give me a Koran before, shall I call the police and tell them how I've been invaded1

Was it in a Church, a gang of them all coming in together, demanding to speak to the rector? Or were they like the people spouting about the bible and how you need to be 'saved' on street corners?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 5:04 pm

Well, I think you have all done a very good job of showing your bigotry. Because you all know bloody well if this had been a gang of Muslims invading a church, you would all have been screaming bloody murder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 5:08 pm

Sassy wrote:Well, I think you have all done a very good job of showing your bigotry.   Because you all know bloody well if this had been a gang of Muslims invading a church, you would all have been screaming bloody murder.  
Well I'm sure if a gang of Muslims 'invaded' a church they'd be doing a lot more than handing out leaflets!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Muslims are invading churches daily in Muslim countries, destroying them, and killing innocent people just because they are Christians.
Don't hear you going on about that much Sassy, but a few people peacefully handing out leaflets and a couple of Bibles and you're making sound like an atrocity.....
Funny that....!!!
Have you read the links on Nazism yet....???
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Sassy wrote:Well, I think you have all done a very good job of showing your bigotry.   Because you all know bloody well if this had been a gang of Muslims invading a church, you would all have been screaming bloody murder.  
Well I'm sure if a gang of Muslims 'invaded' a church they'd be doing a lot more than handing out leaflets!

There you go. I think that kinda proved it Tess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Muslims are invading churches daily in Muslim countries, destroying them, and killing innocent people just because they are Christians.
Don't hear you going on about that much Sassy, but a few people peacefully handing out leaflets and a couple of Bibles and you're making sound like an atrocity.....
Funny that....!!!
Have you read the links on Nazism yet....???

We know you are wrong on Nazism and your links were crap.   Read what Hitler actually said.   Back to the church.   Muslims are being killed in mosques as well.   In this country, which is what we are discussing, no church has ever been targetted by Muslims as far as I know, but many mosques have been targets.

And if anyone says that if this was the other way round they wouldn't create hell, I'd say they were a liar.

And PS, I condemn the atrocities on BOTH sides, unlike you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 13, 2014 5:35 pm

The links are full of hitler quotes, and other Nazis quotes, policy, advertising posters, and many many other historical references.

You don't like it because it does something you lefties can't stand, it tells the truth!

You won't read them because you are in denial and cling to your misguided beliefs.

Giving out leaflets is not an atrocity.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 5:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The links are full of hitler quotes, and other Nazis quotes, policy, advertising posters, and many many other historical references.

You don't like it because it does something you lefties can't stand, it tells the truth!

You won't read them because you are in denial and cling to your misguided beliefs.

Giving out leaflets is not an atrocity.

It is if you are white,British & even think of approaching a muslim.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 5:44 pm

Sassy wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

There you go.   I think that kinda proved it Tess.

Well we can only go by experience - I've never seen Muslims protest by peacefully handing out leaflets!

Police investigate far-right 'invasions' of Bradford and Glasgow mosques Mm210

Police investigate far-right 'invasions' of Bradford and Glasgow mosques Mmm10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Although most people try to keep their distance from muslems these days..... especially on public transport....!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 5:56 pm

"We will also continue our invasions of Bradford mosques, madrassas and community centres – we are only getting warmed up! We appeal to moderate Muslims to act against the 'enemy within' or we will!"

That's what i have feared for years - allowing extremism, ignoring the people - the people will take matter sin to their own hands.

Act now, please - do it for your children, even if you are a decrepit old sod!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 6:08 pm

What a bunch of bigots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Sassy wrote:What a bunch of bigots.
Haven't I heard that somewhere before?  scratch 

Police investigate far-right 'invasions' of Bradford and Glasgow mosques Bigot10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 13, 2014 6:19 pm

It's not enough to imagine how white British Christians would react if Muslims went to a church, demanded to speak to the rector, and handed out leaflets and Qurans.

You also have to picture them in uniforms with logos that read something like "Taking the country."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 6:20 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Well we can only go by experience - I've never seen Muslims protest by peacefully handing out leaflets!

I must admit Tess..I'm in agreement with those protesting on that picture...

And..

Behead those who insult Islam.

::troll::

Last edited by Joy Division on Tue May 13, 2014 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 6:23 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Sassy wrote:

..the people on these pictures are just extremist fools Tess, much like ours but more deluded...and probably more dangerous because of delusion.

Many other Muslims were probably shaking their head at them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 9:28 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:It's not enough to imagine how white British Christians would react if Muslims went to a church, demanded to speak to the rector, and handed out leaflets and Qurans.

You also have to picture them in uniforms with logos that read something like "Taking the country."

We would welcome them in and let them give out the korans and leaflets , there you go again Ben making out chrisitans are bad people when i know for a fact that the church i occasionally attend would not object to muslims walking in and want to speak to the Pastor . We wouldn't be shocked by them wearing logos with that on either .

what we wouldn't do is say that anyone who doesn't believe in Christ should be beheaded .

Last edited by Vicar of Dibley on Tue May 13, 2014 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next