NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Massive Influx Of Romanians & Bulgarians In First 3 Months

2 posters

Go down

Massive Influx Of Romanians & Bulgarians In First 3 Months Empty Massive Influx Of Romanians & Bulgarians In First 3 Months

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 12:25 pm

11th May 2014

So they were right after all  Crying or Very sad 

Tens of thousands of eastern European migrants have moved to Britain for work in the last year at a time when border controls were being relaxed, official figures are forecast to show this week.

In an exclusive analysis prepared for The Telegraph, economists from Oxford University predict that the figures will show at least 30,000 more Romanians and Bulgarians were working in the UK in the first three months of this year than during the same period in 2013.

The increase - of more than 25 per cent - is likely to take the total number of migrants now living in Britain from these two countries alone to 200,000, when their unemployed family members are taken into account.

The figures follows the lifting of all restrictions on new migrants coming to Britain from Romania and Bulgaria, the European Union’s poorest member states, on January 1.

On Wednesday, official employment statistics will provide the first indication of the impact that lifting the partial ban has had on immigration to Britain.

In the weeks before the border controls were removed, Conservative MPs called for restrictions on the two countries to be extended but ministers refused, arguing it would have broken European laws.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10822320/Up-to-200000-Romanians-and-Bulgarians-now-in-UK.html

Back to top Go down

Massive Influx Of Romanians & Bulgarians In First 3 Months Empty Re: Massive Influx Of Romanians & Bulgarians In First 3 Months

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 12:30 pm

Big deal Andy..you really need to get this big chip off your shoulder when it comes to foreigners lad.

..no good.  Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down

Massive Influx Of Romanians & Bulgarians In First 3 Months Empty Re: Massive Influx Of Romanians & Bulgarians In First 3 Months

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Joy Division wrote:Big deal Andy..you really need to get this big chip off your shoulder when it comes to foreigners lad.

Are we discussing the news item, or me, again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 1:00 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Big deal Andy..you really need to get this big chip off your shoulder when it comes to foreigners lad.

As YOU constantly drag such stuff on here slating immigrants Andy, I'm discussing both you and your posts big b'ahhs...

I'll need to keep an eye out you don't start more fibs or changing thread titles again to make it look like immigrants were all thieves, Ben reprimanded you about that before, just make sure it doesn't happen again, and we'll have no problem...

But I'm sure you understand the need for you to be watched Andy, while you got away with extreme racism and misrepresenting the facts on ADO, you won't be afforded that here.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 11, 2014 1:35 pm

I was on a few jobs last year, flooded with Romanians and Bulgarians, labouring mostly, even the site canteen girls were Romanian.

And This was before the open border rules were lifted on them.

Nothing against them, they were all nice enough people, but not doing anything anyone else couldn't do.

And I know other UK people who couldn't find any work doing the same.

So much for British jobs for British workers.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun May 11, 2014 1:38 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:11th May 2014

So they were right after all   Crying or Very sad 

Tens of thousands of eastern European migrants have moved to Britain for work in the last year at a time when border controls were being relaxed, official figures are forecast to show this week.

In an exclusive analysis prepared for The Telegraph, economists from Oxford University predict that the figures will show at least 30,000 more Romanians and Bulgarians were working in the UK in the first three months of this year than during the same period in 2013.

The increase - of more than 25 per cent - is likely to take the total number of migrants now living in Britain from these two countries alone to 200,000, when their unemployed family members are taken into account.

The figures follows the lifting of all restrictions on new migrants coming to Britain from Romania and Bulgaria, the European Union’s poorest member states, on January 1.

On Wednesday, official employment statistics will provide the first indication of the impact that lifting the partial ban has had on immigration to Britain.

In the weeks before the border controls were removed, Conservative MPs called for restrictions on the two countries to be extended but ministers refused, arguing it would have broken European laws.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10822320/Up-to-200000-Romanians-and-Bulgarians-now-in-UK.html

Oh well that must mean that the Romanians and Bulgarians that were already here or arrived in the first 3 months found jobs and were working. And as there appears to be s shortage of skilled labour in certain areas of the working sector then thank god they got here.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:11th May 2014

So they were right after all   Crying or Very sad 

Oh well that must mean that the Romanians and Bulgarians that were already here or arrived in the first 3 months found jobs and were working. And as there appears to be s shortage of skilled labour in certain areas of the working sector then thank god they got here.

Wasn't it the building trade that said they had a shortage of labour?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 11, 2014 2:17 pm

There's been a deliberate reduction in training our own people over the last 15-20 years and also all these new arrivals are creating the demand for new housing and effectively building their own houses!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun May 11, 2014 2:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:There's been a deliberate reduction in training our own people over the last 15-20 years and also all these new arrivals are creating the demand for new housing and effectively building their own houses!

That's a fair point Tommy in that craft apprenticeships were forgotten about or ditched in favour of getting young people to concentrate on getting grades that would get them into university. Not all young people are academic but they are excellent with their hands but they were pushed the wrong way.
I've always thought that instead of offering up loans for tuition fees to many youngsters we should have been offering more of these loans to kids who were more suited to craft work. A 5 year craft apprenticeship is basically a university in so many ways.

Anyway, have to go for now.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 11, 2014 2:51 pm

There were a couple of Polish electricians, again nice enough lads, but their work wasn't brilliant, while I knew other UK sparks who were looking for work and struggling to find any, but most of The foreign labour were not doing anything skilled.

Our youth have been funneled into non degrees qualifying them to do non jobs, and our youth unemployment has soared, while allowing masses of EU migrants to swoop in and take the trade work that would have otherwise gone to them.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 3:23 pm

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

As YOU constantly drag such stuff on here slating immigrants Andy, I'm discussing both you and your posts big b'ahhs...

I'll need to keep an eye out you don't start more fibs or changing thread  titles again to make it look like immigrants were all thieves, Ben reprimanded you about that before, just make sure it doesn't happen again, and we'll have no problem...

But I'm sure you understand the need for you to be watched Andy, while you got away with extreme racism and misrepresenting the facts on ADO, you won't be afforded that here.

Smile
I didn't realize you ran this forum JD - or are you really the forum defender, a.k.a.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I'll need to keep an eye out you don't start more fibs or changing thread  titles again to make it look like immigrants were all thieves, Ben reprimanded you about that before, just make sure it doesn't happen again, and we'll have no problem...

Smile
I didn't realize you ran this forum JD - or are you really the forum defender, a.k.a.....

I don't run it Tess, but I've every right to stand up to racism and targeting the minorities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun May 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:There were a couple of Polish electricians, again nice enough lads, but their work wasn't brilliant, while I knew other UK sparks who were looking for work and struggling to find any, but most of The foreign labour were not doing anything skilled.

Our youth have been funneled into non degrees qualifying them to do non jobs, and our youth unemployment has soared, while allowing masses of EU migrants to swoop in and take the trade work that would have otherwise gone to them.

Most of that is what I said and according to the trade there is a shortage of labour and Electricians is one of them.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 4:43 pm

My friend was made redundant from Lloyds of London in Colchester, he used part of his redundancy money (been with them 23 years) to retrain as an electrician. Set up his own business, taken a year to take off, but now he has so much work coming in is having to employ someone else. He'd only ever done office work before, quite high up, and he loves what he is doing now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 4:46 pm

My nephew does labouring, he's a very big lad who is seriously into bodybuilding ..so suits him well, works with many Polish lads..and I know your talki to about sparkies etc,but the gaffer there told my nephew the reason he takes on so many Polish and others is because many if them are harder workers , who always turn up and are excuse free as they don't go out on the piss every week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun May 11, 2014 4:56 pm

The Polish I met loved a drink, didn't work any harder than anyone else and their work wasn't great either, they also had days off.

All the labourers were Bulgarian or Romanian.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down