NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

European influx into the UK rises by 27% in a year in a fresh blow to Cameron's target to reduce net migration to 'tens of thousands'

3 posters

Go down

European influx into the UK rises by 27% in a year in a fresh blow to Cameron's target to reduce net migration to 'tens of thousands'  Empty European influx into the UK rises by 27% in a year in a fresh blow to Cameron's target to reduce net migration to 'tens of thousands'

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 1:53 pm

The number of people arriving in the UK from the rest of Europe surged by 27 per cent last year, new figures showed today.

In a major blow for David Cameron on the day of European elections, the data confirms that net migration into the UK is running at more than twice his target of cutting it to the ‘tens of thousands’. The Office for National Statistics said there had been a surge in people coming for work, with the biggest rise amongst people from elsewhere in the European Union.

There was a dramatic rise in the number of people from Romania and Bulgaria moving to the UK, even before work restrictions were lifted on January 1 this year. The largest increases in new registrations for National Insurance numbers - needed to work and claim benefits - were also among citizens of Romania - up 29,000 to 47,000.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2636077/European-influx-UK-rises-27-year-fresh-blow-Camerons-target-reduce-net-migration-tens-thousands.html#ixzz32RrXDoeV

Back to top Go down

European influx into the UK rises by 27% in a year in a fresh blow to Cameron's target to reduce net migration to 'tens of thousands'  Empty Re: European influx into the UK rises by 27% in a year in a fresh blow to Cameron's target to reduce net migration to 'tens of thousands'

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Shows the claims the other day were more bullshit.

Oh and Tory have changed their 'down from hundreds of thousands to tens of thousands' now to 'down to A hundred thousand'.

Vote UKIP!!!!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

European influx into the UK rises by 27% in a year in a fresh blow to Cameron's target to reduce net migration to 'tens of thousands'  Empty Re: European influx into the UK rises by 27% in a year in a fresh blow to Cameron's target to reduce net migration to 'tens of thousands'

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 4:22 pm

'While recent net migration levels remain stable the figures show that it has fallen by a third since its peak in 2005 under the last government and that this Government's reforms have cut net migration from outside the EU to levels not seen since the late 1990s.

So buy the looks of things again proving matti wrong, what is needed is as stated reform within the EU

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 5:28 pm

Buy?

Didge, what is it you do for a living?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 5:31 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Buy?

What has that got to do with anything Andy?

Nothing and I have stated many times what I do, a demand planner.

You still being an idiot grammar Nazi?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Buy?

I always will be.

It takes nothing to look things up - that's what i would tell a child so i'll damn well tell an adult the same thing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 5:36 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

I always will be.

It takes nothing to look things up - that's what i would tell a child so i'll damn well tell an adult the same thing!

Good for you, no doubt children think you are an idiot also, where again you detract from a debate, again I do not need to spell to do my job, even though I know how to spell, but because I am a fast typer, my own fault is not reading back to correct. You though were exposed for using spell check yourself when you tried to spell check a name, exposing the fact you are a complete hypocrite, which is why many children would also class you as an idiot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

I always will be.

Good for you, no doubt children think you are an idiot also, where again you detract from a debate, again I do not need to spell to do my job, even though I know how to spell, but because I am a fast typer, my own fault is not reading back to correct. You though were exposed for using spell check yourself when you tried to spell check a name, exposing the fact you are a complete hypocrite, which is why many children would also class you as an idiot.

lol

As i told BigMama approximately 3 years ago - your mistakes aren't about spelling or mistyping - you just don't have a firm grasp of the English language.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 5:42 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Didge wrote:

lol

As i told BigMama approximately 3 years ago - your mistakes aren't about spelling or mistyping - you just don't have a firm grasp of the English language.

Really is that why you tried to spell check a name then Andy, showing your yourself do not have a firm grip of the English language lol

Mate this is all you have to post about on a forum, it shows up your immaturity and the fact you are quite a pathetic little sap, my drummer boy friend!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Didge wrote:'While recent net migration levels remain stable the figures show that it has fallen by a third since its peak in 2005 under the last government and that this Government's reforms have cut net migration from outside the EU to levels not seen since the late 1990s.
So buy the looks of things again proving matti wrong, what is needed is as stated reform within the EU

That only talks about immigration from outside the EU.

What about overall immigration, which is up??

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 8:59 pm

The overall immigration level, when immigration and emigration are taken into account, has remained stable for a long time. You lot do like to wind yourselves up.

The official statisticians said the available evidence so far showed that the recent increase in employment of Romanians and Bulgarians in Britain was the result of extra migration before the controls were lifted in January.

The overall figures show the level of net migration – the number of immigrants coming to live in Britain for more than 12 months minus the number leaving to live abroad for more than 12 months – was stable at 212,000 between September 2013 and December 2013.

The figures show that 526,000 came to live in Britain while 314,000 went to live abroad in 2013.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/may/22/net-migration-uk-212000-final-quarter-2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 22, 2014 11:42 pm

So is the op right or not?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 11:45 pm

More from Europe, mostly Spanish and Greeks, less from other places.   And net migration remained stable.

More left to work in other places.

Wasn't it Norman Tebbit who said 'get on your bike'. Now people bike further afield, we go to other places as well, depends what skill is required where.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 23, 2014 12:36 am

Waffle.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 23, 2014 6:46 am

Immigration was up in last quarter, and remained the same high level in current quarter.

There has been a rise of 7% in registrations of foreigners in the year to March2014 totalling 603,000 immigrants.

Source -BBC

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 23, 2014 7:21 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Immigration was up in last quarter, and remained the same high level in current quarter.

There has been a rise of 7% in registrations of foreigners in the year to March2014 totalling 603,000 immigrants.

Source -BBC

What was the figure for migration out of the UK during the same time span?

By the way, did you know that immigration is one of the main reasons the U.S. is the world's largest economy? It's true, I'll find a link if you need it. Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 23, 2014 8:01 am

Also the worlds biggest debtor......

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 8:53 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Also the worlds biggest debtor......

yep and i think the US is heading for a huge fall on its big fat bum

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri May 23, 2014 9:04 am

Immigration into this country, you can't fit a quart into a pint pot!!!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down