NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrounger

+2
nicko
Raggamuffin
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Scrounger - Page 3 Empty Scrounger

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 1:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

5th May 2014

Some people say this is a typical scrounger.

This thread is for the benefit of our foreign posters who don't understand our English use of the word scrounger - it doesn't mean all people on benefits - read below to understand it better.

Partying in rowdy bars, downing shots and pints of beer and gleefully clutching a bottle of pink champagne ... these are the holiday snaps of White Dee, one of the stars of controversial TV show Benefits Street.

Dee, whose real name is Deirdre Kelly, claims to be too depressed to go to work and lives off benefits as a result.

Yet here she is living the life of a party girl on an all-expenses-paid, mid-week trip to Magaluf in Majorca.

The mother of two was invited on the four-day holiday by another of her agent’s clients, an American singer.

She was seen drinking a £500 bottle of Moet and lounging around at a private pool party before going on a bar crawl, where she downed copious amounts of alcohol.

Scrounger - Page 3 Articl64

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2620144/Benefits-Street-star-White-Dee-state-handouts-depressed-knocks-shots-beer-day-party-holiday.html#ixzz30qNI3zHr

Back to top Go down

Scrounger - Page 3 Empty Re: Scrounger

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 05, 2014 5:53 pm

sphinx wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Benefit fraud isn't just people claiming whilst they have a job, or inventing some kind of disability. It could include people who could get a job if they tried harder, or they could work because their disability allows them to, or it's under control. I think some people don't report improvements in their condition enough.

To be fair a lot of that is the systems fault - there is no allowance in it at the moment (Universal Credit does address the problem much better) for variability.  I have times when I could work and times when I most definitely could not.  If I managed to get over the problem of finding an employer who would take on someone with no idea from one day to the next whether they can work the next day I would really struggle with benefits as I could not claim and stop claiming and re claim and stop again.  It is bad enough for fully fit job seekers for whom it can take 6 weeks for each new claim to be processed (say a guy does a week agency work signs on for a week, does a week signs on for a week, etc) which means they rapidly reach the point of having no actual money as they wait for the benefits for the weeks they did not work but for those with health problems 13 weeks is optimistic when having to make a new claim.

I mean if someone reports an improvement and gets moved to JSA - then 2 weeks or even 2 months later they get worse again their JSA stops and they can be waiting weeks for ESA to start again.  In the meantime their confidence is rock bottom and they are quite simply scared of how they are going to manage.  This is why I cannot understand why people are picking universal credit to pieces - it allows people to move into work gradually knowing they have a safe income if it doesnt work out.

I suppose it depends on the condition. I had a condition which could incapacitate me for a couple of days at a time. Luckily, it's under control now and I don't have to worry about it so much. There was a time when I wondered if I would have to leave my job though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Well there is absolutely no way I can go back to doing a job involving a lot of physical effort which the job I took medical redundancy from did.

I am hopeful that I can now manage symptoms enough to take on part time work that is not physical but it is difficult to tell in advance whether upping any sort of activity level be it physical or mental is going to affect me. I am looking to try and find work trials at the moment to get a better idea of what I could and could not manage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon May 05, 2014 6:19 pm

sphinx wrote:Well there is absolutely no way I can go back to doing a job involving a lot of physical effort which the job I took medical redundancy from did.

I am hopeful that I can now manage symptoms enough to take on part time work that is not physical but it is difficult to tell in advance whether upping any sort of activity level be it physical or mental is going to affect me.  I am looking to try and find work trials at the moment to get a better idea of what I could and could not manage.

I wish you luck Sphinx  Smile x
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 6:28 pm

sphinx wrote:Well there is absolutely no way I can go back to doing a job involving a lot of physical effort which the job I took medical redundancy from did.

I am hopeful that I can now manage symptoms enough to take on part time work that is not physical but it is difficult to tell in advance whether upping any sort of activity level be it physical or mental is going to affect me.  I am looking to try and find work trials at the moment to get a better idea of what I could and could not manage.

...look I'm sorry, but you were saying basically the same thing on old ADO Sphinx, I just have to shake my head when I see you laying into others on benefits and the reason some are on DLA etc..lie only your problems are genuine but they are laying it on thick!!

Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 05, 2014 6:40 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:5th May 2014

This thread is for the benefit of our foreign posters who don't understand our English use of the word scrounger - it doesn't mean all people on benefits - read below to understand it better.

You might also consider that people who aren't from England and don't live there, certainly are not "foreigners" any more than you are. Considering the way you (BigAndy) generally use the word "foreigner," I take offense to you calling me and other non-English people that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 6:47 pm

Joy Division wrote:

...look I'm sorry, but you were saying basically the same thing on old ADO Sphinx, I just have to shake my head when I see you laying into others on benefits and the reason some are on DLA etc..lie only your problems are genuine but they are laying it on thick!!

Rolling Eyes 

Again with the benefits JD.

Do you not understand my problem with the pictures is pain they are bringing to those whose relatives are crippled with depression?  Whose memories of holidays are of ruined possibilities?  I really do not give a shit if she is on benefits or not and I rather suspect right now she is likely to be on a retainer by the agent and not on benefits at all.  I give a shit because those pictures mean every relative of every serious depression sufferer is now facing well meaning people telling them they should take their relative on holiday and "have a break from it all".  You do not get a break from it all with depression.  It comes on holiday with you and holiday is about the last place you are going to have one of the occasional mood lifts because travelling brings all sorts of stresses and hopes and anxieties that tend to cause depression to go the other way from uplifting.

If Dee had MS or ME or fibro or cancer or Crohnes or sickle cell or any of the other 1001 variable conditions I would no doubt be sat here telling andy to learn about the condition and providing the evidence to back up your assertion that people on benefits are allowed holidays.  My problem is not that she is on holiday having a good time my problem is the thousands of people affected by depression who would dearly love to have a weekend off from the condition without even going somewhere different - a break from the condition would be worth more to them than any number of trips to Majorca but they are not going to get that because that is not how it works.  If you saw someone claiming allergy to peanuts eat a satay with no problems would you not challenge their claim?

Last edited by sphinx on Mon May 05, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 05, 2014 6:49 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

You might also consider that people who aren't from England and don't live there, certainly are not "foreigners" any more than you are. Considering the way you (BigAndy) generally use the word "foreigner," I take offense to you calling me and other non-English people that.

Sorry but that made me titter. It's a Brit invasion you know!  Laughing 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 05, 2014 6:50 pm

sphinx wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

Do you not understand my problem with the pictures is pain they are bringing to those whose relatives are crippled with depression?  Whose memories of holidays are of ruined possibilities?  I really do not give a shit if she is on benefits or not and I rather suspect right now she is likely to be on a retainer by the agent and not on benefits at all.  I give a shit because those pictures mean every relative of every serious depression sufferer is now facing well meaning people telling them they should take their relative on holiday and "have a break from it all".  You do not get a break from it all with depression.  It comes on holiday with you and holiday is about the last place you are going to have one of the occasional mood lifts because travelling brings all sorts of stresses and hopes and anxieties that tend to cause depression to go the other way from uplifting.

If Dee had MS or ME or fibro or cancer or Crohnes or sickle cell or any of the other 1001 variable conditions I would no doubt be sat here telling andy to learn about the condition and providing the evidence to back up your assertion that people on benefits are allowed holidays.  My problem is not that she is on holiday having a good time my problem is the thousands of people affected by depression who would dearly love to have a weekend off from the condition without even going somewhere different - a break from the condition would be worth more to them than any number of trips to Majorca but they are not going to get that because that is not how it works.  If you saw someone claiming allergy to peanuts eat a satay with no problems would you not challenge their claim?

This is not about beb

Mind you, a lot of people take that view. They mean well of course. I had a friend who had depression, and people suggested she went to the pub with them to cheer her up. Of course that wasn't going to work.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon May 05, 2014 6:52 pm

sphinx wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

Do you not have days when you feel ok?

Anti depressants are supposed to be excellent at regulating mood and do provide some good days albeit with side affects.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Sorry but that made me titter. It's a Brit invasion you know!  Laughing 

As long as this forum is administrated by a Texan, you British foreigners are guests here!  lol! 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 7:08 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Anti depressants are supposed to be excellent at regulating mood and do provide some good days albeit with side affects.

Like I said if she had fibro I would not be having this debate.

I am well aware of what anti depressants can and cannot do, as well as the other treatments for depression. I know about good days in depression. My point is sufferers do not have any semblance of control over when the good days happen - they do not even have the option I have of "borrowing" a good day by paying with a really bad day. Combined with that is the fact that going on holiday is more likely to worsen symptoms - that is if they can even get themselves (or rather be got) onto the holiday in the first .

There are a lot of conditions that the holiday could fit with - it just does not fit with depression.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon May 05, 2014 7:53 pm

sphinx wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

I am well aware of what anti depressants can and cannot do, as well as the other treatments for depression.  I know about good days in depression.  My point is sufferers do not have any semblance of control over when the good days happen - they do not even have the option I have of "borrowing" a good day by paying with a really bad day.  Combined with that is the fact that going on holiday is more likely to worsen symptoms - that is if they can even get themselves (or rather be got) onto the holiday in the first .

There are a lot of conditions that the holiday could fit with - it just does not fit with depression.

I agree with alot of your points,I have to be honest White Dee does not seem to have depression to me.I watched some parts of Benefits Street in the hope that all the RW menaces were wrong and just stereotyping but she didn't seem to have any sort of anxiety or depression,she was SO laid back and had a very healthy sense of self.She seemed the epitome of high self esteem!

Without going into detail I know a bit about depression and like you say,its not just 'sadness',however you CAN plan for a holiday or a 'good day' by ensuring you take your medication.Again alot of anxiety would accompany said planning.White Dee doesn't exhibit any planning or anxiety.

But she is ONE person,I don't believe most benefit claimants are like her,I honesty don't.She had become the 'poster woman'if you like by the RW media to demonise ALL claimants and that's unfair.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 05, 2014 8:00 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
sphinx wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

I am well aware of what anti depressants can and cannot do, as well as the other treatments for depression.  I know about good days in depression.  My point is sufferers do not have any semblance of control over when the good days happen - they do not even have the option I have of "borrowing" a good day by paying with a really bad day.  Combined with that is the fact that going on holiday is more likely to worsen symptoms - that is if they can even get themselves (or rather be got) onto the holiday in the first .

I agree with alot of your points,I have to be honest White Dee does not seem to have depression to me.I watched some parts of Benefits Street in the hope that all the RW menaces were wrong and just stereotyping but she didn't seem to have any sort of anxiety or depression,she was SO laid back and had  a very healthy sense of self.She seemed the epitome of high self esteem!

Without going into detail I know a bit about depression and like you say,its not just 'sadness',however you CAN plan for a holiday or a 'good day' by ensuring you take your medication.Again alot of anxiety would accompany said planning.White Dee doesn't exhibit any planning or anxiety.

But she is ONE person,I don't believe most benefit claimants are like her,I honesty don't.She had become the 'poster woman'if you like by the RW media to demonise ALL claimants and that's unfair.

And I don't think that anybody's under any delusion that this stuff is really just about cracking down on abuse of the system. Maybe the people carrying water for the cause feel that way, but at the top where the strings are being pulled, I'm sure it's really about cutting benefits, as it always has been in the U.S.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 8:07 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
I agree with alot of your points,I have to be honest White Dee does not seem to have depression to me.I watched some parts of Benefits Street in the hope that all the RW menaces were wrong and just stereotyping but she didn't seem to have any sort of anxiety or depression,she was SO laid back and had  a very healthy sense of self.She seemed the epitome of high self esteem!

I know you like to show people ya 'credentials' so any chance of showing us ya medical credentials?????????????????????????????????????? Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon May 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

And I don't think that anybody's under any delusion that this stuff is really just about cracking down on abuse of the system. Maybe the people carrying water for the cause feel that way, but at the top where the strings are being pulled, I'm sure it's really about cutting benefits, as it always has been in the U.S.

Of course,and to be fair the governments really have slashed benefits so i'm not sure how much more the RW want or if they can ever be appeased.

Those who are unable to find work have to be given some money or they will starve,as will their children, and as human beings we cannot do that to each other.Therefore the tiny minority of fraudsters will slip through the cracks.

In my view,so what?
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I had a condition which could incapacitate me for a couple of days at a time. Luckily, it's under control now and I don't have to worry about it so much. There was a time when I wondered if I would have to leave my job though.

Via drugs??????????????????????????????????????????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon May 05, 2014 8:10 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

I know you like to show people ya 'credentials' so any chance of showing us ya medical credentials?????????????????????????????????????? Wink 

A year studying psychology at uni

Males me an armchair psychologist  lol! 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 8:13 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Like yourself I have experience of depression (not in myself so much) and my problem with her is nothing to do with benefit claimants - it is that whatever affects her is nowhere close to the horrible condition I have witnessed and been affected by through relatives.
I mean she could quite easily become a poster child though using her chances from appearing on benefits street (which incidentally I did not watch - I have enough experience of the reality without seeing what careful editing can achieve) to get off benefits and improve her life but time will tell on that. She is certainly no typical claimant seeing as her past has that rather unfortunate criminal hiccup involving stealing from an employer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 8:15 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:And as far as not being able to afford holidays, etc., I'll never be able to afford the things that are enjoyed by people who inherited millions of dollars and have never had to work. Should I spend my days posting bashing comments about them here?

Inherited money is a completely different matter to being better of on benefits

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 8:16 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:A year studying psychology at uni

I hope your armchair is cleaner than your headboard??????????????????????????????????? ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:And as far as not being able to afford holidays, etc., I'll never be able to afford the things that are enjoyed by people who inherited millions of dollars and have never had to work. Should I spend my days posting bashing comments about them here?

Yes, because it's not just about money, it's about fairness.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nems wrote:

Because people who inherit money deserve it, while people who inherit no money didn't deserve any? Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 8:21 pm

White Dee is a scrounger. Thats why the programme focussed on her, a genuine person would not have fitted with their programme brief.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Because people who inherit money deserve it, while people who inherit no money didn't deserve any? Smile

No No No.

People who inherit money get it from someone (however far down the line it is) who worked and provided a service to earn the money which they paid tax on - and which tax has been paid on each and every time it is inherited by someone new. The person who earned the money had a say in what it was used for by leaving it to someone when they died.

People who get money from benefits are getting their money from the taxes others pay on money they or their ancestors earned. The person or people who earned the money have no say in what it is used for - it is taken from them and used without input from them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 8:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nems wrote:

Exactly its not fair for those on benefits to be better off than those working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I mean fairness between those who pay in and those who don't. Taking money from some to give it to others should not be the norm, it should only be in exceptional circumstances.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon May 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Nems wrote:White Dee is a scrounger. Thats why the programme focussed on her, a genuine person would not have fitted with their programme brief.

She is. Lets be absolutely honest here, she got sacked from a job at the council after stealing money, knew she had no chance of ever getting another job with that hanging over her and so decided she was depressed. During the programme she even told her 15 year old daughter not to bother trying to get a job, to live on benefits like everyone else. The woman is a national disgrace.

harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 8:29 pm

[quote="harvesmom"]
Nems wrote:White Dee is a scrounger. Thats why the programme focussed on her, a genuine person would not have fitted with their programme brief.

She is. Lets be absolutely honest here, she got sacked from a job at the council after stealing money, knew she had no chance of ever getting another job with that hanging over her and so decided she was depressed. During the programme she even told her 15 year old daughter not to bother trying to get a job, to live on benefits like everyone else. The woman is a national disgrace.

[/quote

Exactly right, sad thing is people like her make it so hard for the genuine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 05, 2014 8:47 pm

harvesmom wrote:

So is the system if she's allowed to get away with it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

Ah but it is cheaper to have people with depression declared unfit for work and claiming benefits than it is to provide the treatment and support that would enable them to continue in or return to work even though doing so would be far better for the sufferers.

The same is true for fibromyalgia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 05, 2014 8:51 pm

sphinx wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Ah but it is cheaper to have people with depression declared unfit for work and claiming benefits than it is to provide the treatment and support that would enable them to continue in or return to work even though doing so would be far better for the sufferers.

She doesn't need support though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 8:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sphinx wrote:

No in her case it is that no-one will ever employ her with her history of stealing from an employer - and proving she is fit for work is more expensive than letting her claim.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 05, 2014 8:55 pm

sphinx wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No in her case it is that no-one will ever employ her with her history of stealing from an employer - and proving she is fit for work is more expensive than letting her claim.

Then the system is wrong. I wonder how many other people are allowed to claim because it's easier to let them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 9:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Then the system is wrong. I wonder how many other people are allowed to claim because it's easier to let them.

The question that should really be asked is how many people are prevented from claiming and allowed to suffer because it is cheaper.

It is not easy/difficult remember but how much it costs.

It is cheaper to let those like her claim while it is cheaper to put the learning disabled person with no family on sanctions which results in their death.

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon May 05, 2014 9:02 pm

sphinx wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It is, but really how do you prove whether someone is depressed or not anyway?
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 05, 2014 9:04 pm

harvesmom wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Surveillance. That would provide jobs for loads of people.  Laughing 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 9:06 pm

harvesmom wrote:

Maybe you should ask Stooo or Raggamuffin???????????????????????????????????????? ::dunno:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon May 05, 2014 9:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

Actually its scary the lengths people will go to to claim disability benefit or whatever its called. My Ex's next door neighbour could barely walk, used a walking frame, had a motability car etc. We went to Spain on holiday, guess who we bumped into at a water park  lol!  running round the place like a spring chicken he was. No sign of even a limp  Smile Bet we ruined his holiday!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon May 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

Maybe you should ask Stooo or Raggamuffin???????????????????????????????????????? ::dunno:: 

T'was a rhetorical question really Jobless Oddball.... I don't know who Stooo is anyway. But hello!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 9:13 pm

Actually by providing the support and treatment she does not need and which cost more than letting her claim.

See for many cases of depression working is beneficial and an essential if expensive part of proper treatment would be providing support to work - whether it is by providing the money for the employer to hire cover when the person is unable to work or paying a support worker to visit and provide motivation for attending therapy and work etc.

Now looking at Dee she would be prime candidate for supported return to working as therapy - but of course the real reason she is out of work is her criminal past and proper support treatment would indicate her lack of depression.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 05, 2014 9:13 pm

harvesmom wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Actually its scary the lengths people will go to to claim disability benefit or whatever its called. My Ex's next door neighbour could barely walk, used a walking frame, had a motability car etc. We went to Spain on holiday, guess who we bumped into at a water park  lol!  running round the place like a spring chicken he was. No sign of even a limp  Smile Bet we ruined his holiday!

I hope he got caught and fined a large amount.  Laughing 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Sphinx why you not working yet?, you've been on the invalidity benefits thing since at least 2010...dossing around all day long will only rot the body and mind further....

I thought you said those in receipt of benefits ( so long as they are not severely disabled or terminal) should not depend on benefits for too long?...

Surely you can be working as your more than able to stoop over a computer all day.

Why should we pay our taxes to keep you?...what makes you so special Sphinx?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 9:18 pm

harvesmom wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

In the meantime the genuine tend to go out of their way to appear as minimally affected as possible and accused of faking simply through trying so hard to not let the disability affect them. I mean I know of a case where a woman was crippled with arthritis had her DLA stopped for over 6 months because someone reported she had opened her front door and put a small bag of rubbish in the bin wearing flip flops Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon May 05, 2014 9:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

I hope he got caught and fined a large amount.  Laughing 

Well he has to live his life walking with a frame and pretending he is disabled, I suppose that in itself is a punishment.

It was really funny though because we always used to wonder who cut his back lawn, we did his front ones Laughing  he must have done it himself when my ex was at work !
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 9:26 pm

Joy Division wrote:Sphinx why you not working yet?, you've  been on the invalidity benefits thing since at least 2010...dossing around all day long will only rot the body and mind further....

I thought you said those in receipt of benefits ( so long as they are not severely disabled or terminal) should not depend on benefits for too long?...

Surely you can be working as your more than able to stoop over a computer all day.

I have been on benefits since I was made medically redundant in 2006 JD.

Contribution based benefits stop after 12 months - I am on income based which last as long as the illness - things like Multiple sclerosis or HIV can severely impact on a persons ability without always shortening life expectancy. Fibromyalgia is recognized as such a condition.

Unfortunately I do not stoop over the computer - I am led 3/4 horizontal the majority of the time I am using it. My typing rate is not fast enough and I am not accurate enough to work as data entry. Employers in general are unwilling to provide a work station where I can lie down.

Since being transferred to ESA I have been working with a specialist employment advisor at the job centre who knows far more about me than you do - and together we have been looking at multiple avenues. Unfortunately the jobs I have applied for I have not for various reasons got.

Now perhaps you can explain to me and the other readers of this forum why is so important to you than I do turn out to be a fraud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon May 05, 2014 9:38 pm

sphinx wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Sphinx why you not working yet?, you've  been on the invalidity benefits thing since at least 2010...dossing around all day long will only rot the body and mind further....

Contribution based benefits stop after 12 months - I am on income based which last as long as the illness - things like Multiple sclerosis or HIV can severely impact on a persons ability without always shortening life expectancy.  Fibromyalgia is recognized as such a condition.

Unfortunately I do not stoop over the computer - I am led 3/4 horizontal the majority of the time I am using it.  My typing rate is not fast enough and I am not accurate enough to work as data entry.  Employers in general are unwilling to provide a work station where I can lie down.

Since being transferred to ESA I have been working with a specialist employment advisor at the job centre who knows far more about me than you do - and together we have been looking at multiple avenues.  Unfortunately the jobs I have applied for I have not for various reasons got.

Now perhaps you can explain to me and the other readers of this forum why is so important to you than I do turn out to be a fraud.

I hope you find work that is suitable for you soon and I think you sound determined,alot of people in your situation would be despondent.Good for you! x

This is why I don't judge people's circumstances or what i ASSUME to be their circumstances because every person and situation is unique and it's very easy to judge wrongly when not in possession of all the facts.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon May 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:A year studying psychology at uni

I hope your armchair is cleaner than your headboard??????????????????????????????????? ::smthg:: 

Nah its covered in all sorts of crap  ::ftlcheer:: ::ftlcheer:: 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 9:45 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Contribution based benefits stop after 12 months - I am on income based which last as long as the illness - things like Multiple sclerosis or HIV can severely impact on a persons ability without always shortening life expectancy.  Fibromyalgia is recognized as such a condition.

Unfortunately I do not stoop over the computer - I am led 3/4 horizontal the majority of the time I am using it.  My typing rate is not fast enough and I am not accurate enough to work as data entry.  Employers in general are unwilling to provide a work station where I can lie down.

Since being transferred to ESA I have been working with a specialist employment advisor at the job centre who knows far more about me than you do - and together we have been looking at multiple avenues.  Unfortunately the jobs I have applied for I have not for various reasons got.

I hope you find work that is suitable for you soon and I think you sound determined,alot of people in your situation would be despondent.Good for you! x

This is why I don't judge people's circumstances or what i ASSUME to be their circumstances because every person and situation is unique and it's very easy to judge wrongly when not in possession of all the facts.

It is a harder struggle than I like to accept - I have been struggling a long time and am not much further forward hence why JD picks at me.

However I am not giving up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 9:47 pm

sphinx wrote:

Well then Sphinx...maybe this will give you and idea on how others feel who you slate and label..along with that bunch of clowns almost everyday on here.

But 8 years and no success with a job...perhaps you should go the old school route and actually approach employers directly Sphinx?...

It all sounds too easy with your ESA advisor by rubbishing jobs and just accepting knock backs from others.

You once said something to the effect of ...those who do some line of work should not be on benefits for more than a year.

..I'm not picking on you Sphinx, but what I'm doing is mirroring your views on unemployed and/or people with a disability who can work...anyway, 8 years and no job?...come on Sphinx, you even said before there is work if people just look.

I'm sorry, but 8 years is a kong time, and had that been someone on the benefits street or someone LW, you would be screaming that from the rooftops.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 9:50 pm

sphinx wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

It is a harder struggle than I like to accept - I have been struggling a long time and am not much further forward hence why JD picks at me.

However I am not giving up.

No...I highlight your bias toward others on benefits and with a disability Sphinx, your fine to call them scroungers and who 'get too much' , but are quite happy to claim the disability money you get ...even while being on your eighth year out of work.

I've known you a lot longer than Fluffy Sphinx, (on forums that is)and I know your an extremely hypocritical benefit hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next