NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Germaine Greer thinks women are treated worse now than they were in the 1970's

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Germaine Greer thinks women are treated worse now than they were in the 1970's - Page 2 Empty Germaine Greer thinks women are treated worse now than they were in the 1970's

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 02, 2014 10:56 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10791712/Germaine-Greer-online-trolling-shows-men-now-even-less-tolerant-of-women.html

The link above outlines how social media has made a woman's lot even worse in this co called modern age.

Women who are not anonymous online are often subjected to horrific hostile trolling regarding their physical appearance,status and anything else considered not perfect about their lives.

Women online are also subject to death threats and all sorts of intimidation that for some reason men do not seem to experience online.Why is this?

Teenage girls are expected to resemble Miley Cyrus and Rhianna,if they don't have the perfect body or their face doesn't fit they can expect to be ridiculed online on social media.That must be a horrific thing to endure as a teenage girl when coping mechanisms aren't fully evolved anyway.

It is pressure,too much pressure.Why are women targeted online for their 'supposed' flaws,are women and teenage girls meant to be perfect now in their appearance and achievements?
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Germaine Greer thinks women are treated worse now than they were in the 1970's - Page 2 Empty Re: Germaine Greer thinks women are treated worse now than they were in the 1970's

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 02, 2014 4:19 pm

Nems wrote:
Sassy wrote:

You mean I get pissed off with idiots.   You are quite right.

Now, as you don't wish, or are unable, to pursue the subject properly I'll leave you to it as I have other things to do.

That post is just crying out for a "so there!"
and a Germaine Greer thinks women are treated worse now than they were in the 1970's - Page 2 Making-bronx-cheer-smiley-emoticon

A bit childish  Rolling Eyes 

Ragga hijacked the thread with personal woes despite lecturing everyone else about mentioning other forums.
I don't see how that is Sassy's fault,she attempted to talk on topic!
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Germaine Greer thinks women are treated worse now than they were in the 1970's - Page 2 Empty Re: Germaine Greer thinks women are treated worse now than they were in the 1970's

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 4:23 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Nems wrote:

and a Germaine Greer thinks women are treated worse now than they were in the 1970's - Page 2 Making-bronx-cheer-smiley-emoticon

Ragga hijacked the thread with personal woes despite lecturing everyone else about mentioning other forums.

Nemsisanastyspitefulbiachagain sums that thing up perfectly. :aspukeas: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Catman wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Yep she wrecked the thread and made it all about her,when she wasn't shit stirring and making up lies. Rolling Eyes 

Very silly immature individual.

edit sorry I thought you were talking about Ragga

Nems,whomever she may be,just comes across as childish and a waste of time.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 4:33 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Catman wrote:

Yep she wrecked the thread and made it all about her,when she wasn't shit stirring and making up lies. Rolling Eyes 

They are both two peas in the same rotten pod tbf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 02, 2014 6:38 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Catman wrote:

What lies? Do tell.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 02, 2014 9:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

What lies? Do tell.

Oh the latest lies from your OH's site is the Admin has been using fake pics of a model and pretending it's her.

Are these the lies you meant? cheers 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 03, 2014 12:47 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

What lies? Do tell.

Oh the latest lies from your OH's site is the Admin has been using fake pics of a model and pretending it's her.

No, I meant the lies which you claim I've told - do keep up.

How's your pimp tonight?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 2:28 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

How's your pimp tonight?

You call yourself a Christian, and pretend to be holier than thou.

No 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 3:58 am

Nems wrote:
Sassy wrote:

You mean I get pissed off with idiots.   You are quite right.

Now, as you don't wish, or are unable, to pursue the subject properly I'll leave you to it as I have other things to do.

I'll take you off ignore, to ask you this.

What the fuck do you think that you bring to this site?

I would readily admit, that i can be a very argumentative fuck....But in my defence, i would readily admit, that i start quite a few good threads and i do get involved in most of them, and get involved in some of the debates that they provide.

...All you do, and you haven't posted any threads at all, bar one, is to come on here and b---h against Sassy and ..cause fights..and converse crap with FTL & Eddie etc..That's all you do Liverpool Gurl. :asboredas: 

You are vomit inducing.

If you are like this in RL, then you need to stop this, because sooner or later, one of your 'supposed' clients is going to push you under a bus or something, and tbf, i wouldn't be able to blame them....You really are a vile piece of crap.

:aspffftas:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 4:08 am

Catman wrote:
Nems wrote:

I'll take you off ignore, to ask you this.

What the fuck do you think that you bring to this site?

I would readily admit, that i can be a very argumentative fuck....But in my defence, i would readily admit, that i start quite a few good threads and i do get involved in most of them, and get involved in some of the debates that they provide.

...All you do, and you haven't posted any threads at all, bar one, is to come on here and b---h against Sassy and ..cause fights..and converse crap with FTL & Eddie etc..That's all you do Liverpool Gurl. :asboredas: 

You are vomit inducing.

If you are like this in RL, then you need to stop this, because sooner or later, one of your 'supposed' clients is going to push you under a bus or something, and tbf, i wouldn't be able to blame them....You really are a vile piece of crap.

:aspffftas:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 03, 2014 6:31 am

Wow, this is a thread that deserves to remain on topic. I posted before about Elyse Perry and the sexist comments she got that basically disregarded the fact she's one of the most phenomenal athletes in Australia. Now, is she attractive? Sure! But that's not all there is to her, just like looks aren't all there is to an athlete like Beckham (at least in his prime). It's another way stupid people over-simplify their lives.

It does shock me and piss me off to see guys post things like "why isn't she making me a sammich," etc. online; here I was assuming we'd advanced beyond that mentality as a species. I think that all stems from them being very, very insecure and trying to feel big and macho.

I remember talking with my friends, even in our teens when guys are most susceptible to that mentality, and after a while we'd finally get around to admitting that we'd rather meet a girl we can talk to than a brainless supermodel. It can take some doing, but I think most guys are like that. Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 03, 2014 7:05 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Wow, this is a thread that deserves to remain on topic. I posted before about Elyse Perry and the sexist comments she got that basically disregarded the fact she's one of the most phenomenal athletes in Australia. Now, is she attractive? Sure! But that's not all there is to her, just like looks aren't all there is to an athlete like Beckham (at least in his prime). It's another way stupid people over-simplify their lives.

It does shock me and piss me off to see guys post things like "why isn't she making me a sammich," etc. online; here I was assuming we'd advanced beyond that mentality as a species. I think that all stems from them being very, very insecure and trying to feel big and macho.

I remember talking with my friends, even in our teens when guys are most susceptible to that mentality, and after a while we'd finally get around to admitting that we'd rather meet a girl we can talk to than a brainless supermodel. It can take some doing, but I think most guys are like that. Smile

Interesting post. On the one hand you said that people can be talented as well as good looking, but then you fell into the trap of assuming that supermodels are brainless.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 03, 2014 7:07 am

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

How's your pimp tonight?

No 

Keep your nose out for once - this is nothing to do with you. You're always trying to start arguments.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 7:08 am

I don't find Greer to be overly objective in these matters. At one point she claimed "All men hate all women".

Oh but of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 7:28 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Catman wrote:

No 

Keep your nose out for once - this is nothing to do with you. You're always trying to start arguments.

I'm not even a Christian anymore, but you had ago about prostitutes, but Jesus had one in his closest circle...You didn't know that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 7:30 am

Of course Jesus was probably doing more with Paul, than Mary, but we won't go there!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 03, 2014 7:34 am

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I'm not even a Christian anymore, but you had ago about prostitutes, but Jesus had one in his closest circle...You didn't know that!

Didn't know what? I ignored the issue because you and Fluffy just wanted to get personal.

You asked Nems what use she was to this forum. Well what use are you to the world?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 7:37 am

Hey Rags?

There is that girl that is always by Tom Daley's side, in that series about him going global.

I think Mary Magdeline was of that sort!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 7:39 am

....Not Tom's friend, but Mary was a prostitute!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 7:42 am

....Why did Judus betray Jesus?

..We don't know, but was Jesus having sex with one of the other diciples, then he got jealous?

What was the betray me with a kiss all about?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 7:48 am

Phil is that your cat in your sig? S/he's gorgeous!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 7:59 am

lovedust wrote:

Both of ours are sisters!

....And gorgeous!  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:17 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Nems wrote:

Maybe it was but your constant me me me is wearing, stick Ragga on ignore and get on with it. You obviously have a great deal of history, I dont know either of you so I cant comment on that. I understand that its hard to move on past awful stuff thats been said in the past but as long as it stays words on a screen does it really matter?
I didnt say Sassy was at fault I just find her "do as I say not as I do attitude amusing".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:20 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Catman wrote:

Do you see what I mean?! You were so looking for an opportunity to post against Ragga that you missed the point that PHil was illustrating so beautifully. He just couldnt miss an opportunity to have a go at me. Sticking people on ignore only works if you can ignore them and Phil has to hate someone, its my turn at present.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sat May 03, 2014 10:33 am

Nems wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Do you see what I mean?! You were so looking for an opportunity to post against Ragga that you missed the point that PHil was illustrating so beautifully. He just couldnt miss an opportunity to have a go at me. Sticking people on ignore only works if you can ignore them and Phil has to hate someone, its my turn at present.

Do attempt to make sense.Ragga has done nothing but derail this thread since word go and your contribution was infantile and having a go at Sassy who I think is a very nice poster.

Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sat May 03, 2014 10:36 am

Nems wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Maybe it was but your constant me me me is wearing, stick Ragga on ignore and get on with it. You obviously have a great deal of history, I dont know either of you so I cant comment on that. I understand that its hard to move on past awful stuff thats been said in the past but as long as it stays words on a screen does it really matter?
I didnt say Sassy was at fault I just find her "do as I say not as I do attitude amusing".

Why are you instructing me on my behavior when it was the other person going on about forum feuds,not me? Just curious.

Why not tell Ragga not to derail threads and waffle on about herself which since that is patently what happened here
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:38 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Nems wrote:

Do attempt to make sense.Ragga has done nothing but derail this thread since word go and your contribution was infantile and having a go at Sassy who I think is a very nice poster.

Yes but Phil was slagging off me not Ragga, Icant simplify it further.
Sassy is lovely I strongly recommend that you two make friends

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 10:39 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Nems wrote:

Why are you instructing me on my behavior when it was the other person going on about forum feuds,not me? Just curious.

Why not tell Ragga not to derail threads and waffle on  about herself which since that is patently what happened here

No not instructing you at all. Its good advice well intentioned and you are free to take it or leave it  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sat May 03, 2014 10:42 am

Catman wrote:
lovedust wrote:

Both of ours are sisters!

....And gorgeous!  Razz 

She is gorgeous Catman xx :heart30: 

Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sat May 03, 2014 10:43 am

Nems wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Why not tell Ragga not to derail threads and waffle on  about herself which since that is patently what happened here

No not instructing you at all. Its good advice well intentioned and you are free to take it or leave it  ::D:: 

I understand that but has anyone ever advised Ragga to reign in her shit stirring and lying? She is pretending I am a prostitute in this thread for her own amusement.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sat May 03, 2014 10:45 am

Nems wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

I like Sassy very much  cheers 

Do you have an opinion on the abuse women receive online?
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 11:22 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Nems wrote:

I do.
I think that the internet gives people a sense of anonymity that makes them say things they would not dare in real life.
Some of them are mentally ill, some of them are scared of women and some of them are WUMs. Incidents in which the most awful things have been said to women over the paper money etc should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
That of course differs from an online punch up, which as I said are words on a screen.It only becomes a problem if it spills in to real life.
All that said I do think we all have a responsibility to our own conduct online, people that dont know us can only make judgements on how we present ourselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 11:22 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Nems wrote:

I understand that but has anyone ever advised Ragga to reign in her shit stirring and lying? She is pretending I am a prostitute in this thread for her own amusement.

Why is she pretending you are a prostetute?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sat May 03, 2014 11:28 am

Nems wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Because she likes to.Because I used to make topless videos and Ragga has taken that and changed in into prostitution,her and her boyfriend both,Because they enjoy pursuing vicious agenda's and that's what they do.

Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 11:32 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Nems wrote:

Because she likes to.Because I used to make topless videos and Ragga has taken that and changed in into prostitution,her and her boyfriend both,Because they enjoy pursuing vicious agenda's and that's what they do.

Ah right well there you go. Isnt that exactly what I just said to you? People can only make judgements or assumptions based on how we present our selves online.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sat May 03, 2014 11:34 am

Nems wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

I do.
I think that the internet gives people a sense of anonymity that makes them say things they would not dare in real life.
Some of them are mentally ill, some of them are scared of women and some of them are WUMs. Incidents in which the most awful things have been said to women over the paper money etc should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
That of course differs from an online punch up, which as I said are words on a screen.It only becomes a problem if it spills in to real life.
All that said I do think we all have a responsibility to our own conduct online, people that dont know us can only make judgements on how we present ourselves.

I think you make some very astute points.I think if people were forced to post on the net with their real names most of the trolling would stop literally overnight.

I know most people would not be in agreement with such strict rules,I suppose it depends how out of hand trolling and cyberbullying gets in years to come.How many more teenagers take their own lives due to bullying on social networks.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sat May 03, 2014 11:35 am

Nems wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Ah right well there you go. Isnt that exactly what I just said to you? People can only make judgements or assumptions based on how we present our selves online.

She is not making a judgement or assumption,she is lying.Since when is a topless model a prostitute? A prostitute is a prostitute.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 12:05 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Nems wrote:

She is not making a judgement or assumption,she is lying.Since when is a topless model a prostitute? A prostitute is a prostitute.

Im not disputing that at all, just pointing out how things get perceived. We cant control how others perceive us only how we present ourselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:37 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Nems wrote:

nemsisabiachagain  Laughing 

It amuses me that she thinks that i only got 18 months before i get a recall, i got two years because the judge said so, so go swivel, you dumb and ignorant fishwife, dozy Liverpool gurl!

lol! lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Wow, this is a thread that deserves to remain on topic. I posted before about Elyse Perry and the sexist comments she got that basically disregarded the fact she's one of the most phenomenal athletes in Australia. Now, is she attractive? Sure! But that's not all there is to her, just like looks aren't all there is to an athlete like Beckham (at least in his prime). It's another way stupid people over-simplify their lives.

Interesting post. On the one hand you said that people can be talented as well as good looking, but then you fell into the trap of assuming that supermodels are brainless.

Very well spotted Ragga.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:43 pm

::happ:: ::happ:: ::happ:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Catman wrote:

There's only 1 flip flop.

Has the other one been nicked by a Scouser?

cheers 

Sorry Nems.

No need for this Mr Catman!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Catman wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

nemsisabiachagain  Laughing 

It amuses me that she thinks that i only got 18 months before i get a recall, i got two years because the judge said so, so go swivel, you dumb and ignorant fishwife, dozy Liverpool gurl!

lol! lol! lol! 

So proud to be a scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:47 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

cheers 

Sorry Nems.

Dont worry Andy, Phil just has too much time on his hands, he should consider getting a job

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Nems wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

cheers 

Sorry Nems.

Dont worry Andy, Phil just has too much time on his hands, he should consider getting a job

Whoa whoa whoa!

Just the mention of that word could send him over the edge.

Hey hang on, that reminds me of a joke about Scousers - seriously! lol

Germaine Greer thinks women are treated worse now than they were in the 1970's - Page 2 Articl63

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:55 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Nems wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa!

Just the mention of that word could send him over the edge.

Hey hang on, that reminds me of a joke about Scousers - seriously!  lol

Germaine Greer thinks women are treated worse now than they were in the 1970's - Page 2 Articl63

As Im not a scouser a joke about Scousers is never going to offend me lol
Phils stupidity offends me though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:57 pm

See? Stupidity on that scale cannot be faked!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next