NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study: 93% of straight British men have spooned with another guy

2 posters

Go down

Study: 93% of straight British men have spooned with another guy Empty Study: 93% of straight British men have spooned with another guy

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:21 am

Study: 93% of straight British men have spooned with another guy Spooning2

A study has found that 93% of straight British men have spooned with another man, while 98% have shared a bed with another man.

The study, published last month in the Men and Masculinities journal, was conducted by two researchers at Winchester and Durham Universities.

Among an (admittedly quite small) sample of 40 heterosexual men, the paper found: “In addition to cuddling, participants also engage in ‘spooning’ with their heterosexual male friends.

“Highlighting the prosaic nature of bed sharing for these participants, most indicated that it was not necessary to be close friends to share a bed with someone.

“Demonstrating the pleasurable aspects of being a man in this culture, we argue that the expansion of esteemed homosocial behaviours for heterosexual men is evidence of an expansion of changing conceptions of masculinity in contemporary culture.”

37 of the 40 men reported that they had spooned with - and 39 of 40 reported sharing a bed with – another man.

One of the participants said: “I love a quick cuddle, just so you remember your friends are about and are there for you.”

Another volunteered: “I feel comfortable with Connor and we spend a lot of time together.

“I happily rest my head on Connor’s shoulder when lying on the couch or hold him in bed. But he’s not the only one.

“The way I see it, is that we are all very good and close mates.”

More research into this field is definitely needed.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/04/28/study-93-of-straight-british-men-have-spooned-with-another-guy/

Razz Razz Razz 

Back to top Go down

Study: 93% of straight British men have spooned with another guy Empty Re: Study: 93% of straight British men have spooned with another guy

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:05 am

Hmm, are the men in this survey really straight?

Back to top Go down

Study: 93% of straight British men have spooned with another guy Empty Re: Study: 93% of straight British men have spooned with another guy

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:25 am

I have slept in the same bed as another man  scratch Crashing Drunk but not touching.

Spooning Another man  :\\:
I think that is Gay  geek 

“I feel comfortable with Connor and we spend a lot of time together.

“I happily rest my head on Connor’s shoulder when lying on the couch or hold him in bed. But he’s not the only one.

“The way I see it, is that we are all very good and close mates.”
That is not Straight, I don't think a straight man would say that or feel that way, and I am close with some of my mates ( I would risk death definitely for them) but I could never see myself thinking that If we happens to touch on  couch whatever but I don't think any of us would put their head on the others shoulder. But I think Aussies have Higher Personal Space levels than a lot of nationalities, so that may effect my opinion. It would be weird if a chick did it and it was a platonic relationship.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:30 am

I think many people are different veya. I think certainly among me and my group of friends any of us putting our heads on the others would be weird; but I see many late teens and early 20s who hold each other and such all the time- maybe it's so generational we just missed that 'thing'?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:53 am

It was also a very small sample and if they were suggesting that they were gay researches then some people would change their answers to fit.

It just sounds rather Gay.... (no offence intended  Embarassed )

I know people don't like it but I have never felt alive like after a serious fight (both bleeding from Faces at the minimum) And I think there were once more men like me that Enjoy Violence, more properly I enjoy Fighting, If some one wont defend themselves I wont hit them it is no fun to beat someone obviously weaker than yourself. And I am Pretty sure that still today there is More than 3 out of 40 men that also Enjoy a good fight.
But I know Technically 'It is wrong and we should all hug and hold hands' but I can tell My genetic predisposition has not quite caught up with current Social Pacifist expectations.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:35 am

veya_victaous wrote:It was also a very small sample and if they were suggesting that they were gay researches then some people would change their answers to fit.

I know people don't like it but I have never felt alive like after a serious fight (both bleeding from Faces at the minimum) And I think there were once more men like me that Enjoy Violence, more properly I enjoy Fighting, If some one wont defend themselves I wont hit them it is no fun to beat someone obviously weaker than yourself. And I am Pretty sure that still today there is More than 3 out of 40 men that also Enjoy a good fight.
But I know Technically 'It is wrong and we should all hug and hold hands' but I can tell My genetic predisposition has not quite caught up with current Social Pacifist expectations.

As I say it all depends on the generational and social circumstances. Like you I couldn't imagine being too physically close to my friends, it just wouldn't feel right at all- but I see many younger than me who do just that  Smile 

It is though and incredibly small sample- I think you also have to be careful just how much you take from 'share a bed' and 'spooning'. Most men hug each other (man hugs and all that) and most will share a bed (or better put, crash in the same bed) after say a long night of drinking- there is nothing gay in any of that.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:21 am

Agree on the crashing in same bed thing

Just the Quote sound really gay, but then again that could just be one guy  silent 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:23 am

I had to spoon 4 sailors and they made me lick port from their willies - it was most enjoyable but there's no way you could ever call me gay.

Said Shady.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:41 am

veya_victaous wrote:Agree on the crashing in same bed thing

Just the Quote sound really gay, but then again that could just be one guy  silent 

Very likely, even 40 doesn't say much; and the other fact is even guys who may be extremely close (enough to lie in bed together and hug close) may still dislike gay people- the two are not actually comparable- likewise someone who is not into physical intimacy at all may be totally fine with gay people  Smile 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:14 am

@Elizel
I can remember being called gay because I kiss male relatives on the check (french family) Aussies in general are not very touchy people.  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

@andy
Lolz
 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:16 am

veya_victaous wrote:@Elizel
I can remember being called gay because I kiss male relatives on the check (french family) Aussies in general are not very touchy people.  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

@andy
Lolz

Study: 93% of straight British men have spooned with another guy 383bb310

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:39 am

BigAndy9 wrote:

@andy
Lolz

Study: 93% of straight British men have spooned with another guy 383bb310

only if their pretty  Cool 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:55 am

@andy
Lolz

People are funny things- especially the French  Wink lol! 

Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Eilzel wrote:

@andy
Lolz

People are funny things- especially the French  Wink lol! 

Ohhh you're in trouble Study: 93% of straight British men have spooned with another guy Smile204 lol! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:35 pm

veya_victaous wrote:It was also a very small sample and if they were suggesting that they were gay researches then some people would change their answers to fit.

Nothing like a good fisticuffs to get the old corpuscles going eh veya?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:40 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:

Shocked Seriously??? What do you boys like to fight about? Study: 93% of straight British men have spooned with another guy Smile205

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:03 pm

feelthelove wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Shocked Seriously??? What do you boys like to fight about? Study: 93% of straight British men have spooned with another guy Smile205

anything....everything...and for no particular reason.....its the sport of it  ::lightsab:: ::slap:: ::rambo:: ::fighty!"": ::d&f:: ::pntyswrd:: ::fishffight:: ::gnslnger:: :asplodeas: 

and then...... :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: 

and then :aspukeas: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:33 pm

lovedust wrote:

Sounds highly unlikely

"One of the participants said: “I love a quick cuddle, just so you remember your friends are about and are there for you.”

Another volunteered: “I feel comfortable with Connor and we spend a lot of time together.

“I happily rest my head on Connor’s shoulder when lying on the couch or hold him in bed. But he’s not the only one"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:42 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
lovedust wrote:

Sounds highly unlikely

"One of the participants said: “I love a quick cuddle, just so you remember your friends are about and are there for you.”

“I happily rest my head on Connor’s shoulder when lying on the couch or hold him in bed. But he’s not the only one"

He's at ease with his sexuality, and doesn't see that as being a problem.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:57 pm

Catman wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Sounds highly unlikely

He's at ease with his sexuality, and doesn't see that as being a problem.  Rolling Eyes 

I too am at ease with his sexuality and don't see it as a problem.
I just don't think it's straight.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 01, 2014 12:55 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
feelthelove wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

anything....everything...and for no particular reason.....its the sport of it  ::lightsab:: ::slap:: ::rambo:: ::fighty! ::d&f:: ::pntyswrd:: ::fishffight:: ::gnslnger:: :asplodeas: 

and then...... :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: :asdrnkbudsas: 

and then :aspukeas: 

Yep  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  it's Primal urges  Cool 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 10:32 am

Catman wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Sounds highly unlikely

im at ease with my sexuality which is heterosexual and i don't go round looking for men to cuddle with

i would suggest that a man who seeks to cuddle other men and calls himself straight is obviously ill at ease with his sexuality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down