NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would you say was the best ever football player of all time?...

+4
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
Stephenmarra
Irn Bru
8 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who would you say was the best ever football player of all time?... Empty Who would you say was the best ever football player of all time?...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Be honest now, it's a very tough call, I've a few I would say were astonishing world class players, a good few French guys ...Henry and  Lizarazu as well as Luis Figo for Portugal and Kenny Dalglish for Scotland , but I would say...and this is tough as we know what Pele and Socrates and Maradona were made of,but I would say the all time greatest and most gifted player  who I have seen play is......

Zinedine Zidane!!! cheers 

Absolutely spectacular,Ive never seen  anyone else with footwork to match  cheers

Last edited by Joy Division on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Who would you say was the best ever football player of all time?... Empty Re: Who would you say was the best ever football player of all time?...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:56 pm

If all time what?

Stood still?

What?

Back to top Go down

Who would you say was the best ever football player of all time?... Empty Re: Who would you say was the best ever football player of all time?...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:57 pm

Gary Lineker, for sure

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:00 pm

Without doubt it's Diego Maradona for me.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:04 pm

peter Beardsley for sure, he certainly didn't get to the top by his looks, that's a fact.  ::smthg::
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:07 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:peter Beardsley for sure, he certainly didn't get to the top by his looks, that's a fact.  ::smthg::

Very true, I used to love that his wife would phone Kenny Dalgleish every week and tell him to play Beardsley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Well, bit controversial because nobody ever thinks of goalies, but Alex Stepney who went from Millwall to Man U, was the best. Used to watch him at Millwall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:10 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:If all time what?

Stood still?

What?

What's up Andy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:11 pm

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:If all time what?

Stood still?

What?

What's up Andy?

Well done.

Maybe Ben did it so it's "more accurate" lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:12 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:peter Beardsley for sure, he certainly didn't get to the top by his looks, that's a fact.  ::smthg::

A great player he was as was Lineker like Nems said...

I thought Paul Scholes was a great player too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:13 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

What's up Andy?

Well done.

Maybe Ben did it so it's "more accurate" lol

I don't know what you're talking about Andy  :\\:[: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Of all time its got to be Pele though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:15 pm

Best player ever to play for England was either John Barnes or Bobby Moore
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:16 pm

Nems wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Of all time its got to be Pele though.

On a par with Carlton Palmer, I reckon.

Bloody amazing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:17 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Best player ever to play for England was either John Barnes or Bobby Moore

And neither of them had to play dirty!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:19 pm

Nems wrote:

Very true, I used to love that his wife would phone Kenny Dalgleish every week and tell him to play Beardsley

alien I didn't know that,  ::smthg::. My sad claim to fame is I used to work with her father and she was Peters manager, Christ, he must have been good for anybody   to put up with her.  Shocked
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Remember when the FA decided to hold an on-line poll for naming the new Wembley footbridge and they had to scrap it because Scotland's Jim Baxter was in the lead. Went as far as motions and questions being asked in the House of Commons.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4304259.stm

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:22 pm

Sassy wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Best player ever to play for England was either John Barnes or Bobby Moore

Very true Sassy:

Anyway, here's the top 10 Premier League players, with thanks to Opta and Sky Sports for the data, to have gone the longest period of time without ever having been sent for an early bath…

Ryan Giggs - 45,495 minutes

Shay Given - 39,271

Aaron Hughes - 37,670

Nigel Martyn - 33,297

Thomas Sorensen - 31,874

Luke Young - 31,722

Michael Carrick - 29,765

Edwin van der Sar - 27,919

Peter Schmeichel - 27,596

Damien Duff - 27,390

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Remember when the FA decided to hold an on-line poll for naming the new Wembley footbridge and they had to scrap it because Scotland's Jim Baxter was in the lead. Went as far as motions and questions being asked in the House of Commons.

Laughing

I hadn't heard of that, how pathetic. Baxter Bridge has quite a ring to it  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Missed off this:

Reds may be rare for Giggs, but he has a few yellows to his name - 26 to be precise. So when it comes to the most minutes without a booking, you have to leave Old Trafford and travel the short distance to Liverpool, to Anfield, and to John Barnes.

The ex-Liverpool and England man played 201 Premier League matches - a total of 16,407 league minutes - without ever stepping out of line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:25 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Very true Sassy:

Anyway, here's the top 10 Premier League players, with thanks to Opta and Sky Sports for the data, to have gone the longest period of time without ever having been sent for an early bath…

Shay Given - 39,271

Aaron Hughes - 37,670

Nigel Martyn - 33,297

Thomas Sorensen - 31,874

Luke Young - 31,722

Michael Carrick - 29,765

Damien Duff - 27,390

What's that supposed to prove? They get away with stuff now that would never have been tolerated. Playing dirty is considered to be normal, they have to do something downright dangerous to get sent off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:25 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Very true Sassy:

Shay Given - 39,271

Aaron Hughes - 37,670

Nigel Martyn - 33,297

Thomas Sorensen - 31,874

Luke Young - 31,722

Michael Carrick - 29,765

Damien Duff - 27,390

Go back further and I would think that Gary Lineaker would top the lot. Not sure but I think he went through his career without even being booked.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:26 pm

Sassy wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Very true Sassy:

Shay Given - 39,271

Aaron Hughes - 37,670

Nigel Martyn - 33,297

Thomas Sorensen - 31,874

Luke Young - 31,722

Michael Carrick - 29,765

Damien Duff - 27,390

What's that supposed to prove?   They get away with stuff now that would never have been tolerated.   Playing dirty is considered to be normal, they have to do something downright dangerous to get sent off.

Eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:27 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Very true Sassy:

Shay Given - 39,271

Aaron Hughes - 37,670

Nigel Martyn - 33,297

Thomas Sorensen - 31,874

Luke Young - 31,722

Michael Carrick - 29,765

Damien Duff - 27,390

Go back further and I would think that Gary Lineaker would top the lot. Not sure but I think he went through his career without even being booked.

Gary Lineker was known as the gentleman of football and such a brilliant player, total world class Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:29 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Sassy wrote:

What's that supposed to prove?   They get away with stuff now that would never have been tolerated.   Playing dirty is considered to be normal, they have to do something downright dangerous to get sent off.

Eh?

For example, taken Ryan Giggs 45 1/2 thousand minutes to get sent off playing today's games. Playing 30 years ago, and and attitude to dirty play then, he wouldn't have lasted anywhere near that time. Back then, people used to boo their own team when they played dirty. Now they think it's normal and boo when they don't get away with it.

Back to top Go down

Joy Division wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Gary Lineker was known as the gentleman of football and such a brilliant player, total world class Smile

Agreed JD, brilliant Who would you say was the best ever football player of all time?... Footba15

Back to top Go down

I thought Ian Rush was a great player too, certainly knew where the goal was!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:30 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Agreed JD, brilliant Who would you say was the best ever football player of all time?... Footba15

Ah he was something special FTL eh!!

And a real gent too, absolutely full of class Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:31 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:
Nems wrote:

alien I didn't know that,  ::smthg::. My sad claim to fame is I used to work with her father and she was Peters manager, Christ, he must have been good for anybody   to put up with her.  Shocked

Shewass wicked! She gave Peter a dogs life, silly cow never twigged that the more she rang the more Beardsley was never getting 90 minutes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:31 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Remember when the FA decided to hold an on-line poll for naming the new Wembley footbridge and they had to scrap it because Scotland's Jim Baxter was in the lead. Went as far as motions and questions being asked in the House of Commons.

Laughing

In 2005 the naming decision took place in the form of an online poll hosted by BBC Five Live in conjunction with the London Development Agency (who were building the bridge and who had conceived the idea of a public poll), and won from a shortlist of Live Aid bridge (in memory of the 1985 concert held at the stadium), Sir Alf Ramsey (being England's World Cup winning manager), Sir Bobby Charlton and Sir Geoff Hurst (two of Sir Alf's team).

The LDA received over 670,000 nominations from all over the world. The name with the most nominations, however, mainly coming from Germany, was Dietmar Hamann, who scored the last goal at the old Wembley stadium. This was the 2002 World Cup qualifying game with a German 1-0 win against England (2000 England vs Germany football match). The LDA decided to name the bridge White Horse Bridge instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:32 pm

And I know Rooney is a good player, but he is hyped up too much from the press, if Lineker was ages with Rooney...I know he wouldn't be near as good as Lineker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:33 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Missed off this:

Reds may be rare for Giggs, but he has a few yellows to his name - 26 to be precise. So when it comes to the most minutes without a booking, you have to leave Old Trafford and travel the short distance to Liverpool, to Anfield, and to John Barnes.

The ex-Liverpool and England man played 201 Premier League matches - a total of 16,407 league minutes - without ever stepping out of line.

John Barnes was an amazing Liverpool player if he had played the samefor England we may have won something!
Wasnt Lineker the one that was never booked etc?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:34 pm

Joy Division wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Absolutely JD! All round talented nice guy  I love you x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:36 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:36 pm

Sassy wrote:

Laughing

I hadn't heard of that, how pathetic.   Baxter Bridge has quite a ring to it  ::D:: 

Indeed - how utterly, utterly pathetic:

Fans in Germany, Scotland, Australia, Ireland, Wales and New Zealand ran concerted campaigns to promote their heroes for feats achieved against England.

The most nominated name was Dietmar Hamann, who scored the last competitive goal at the old Wembley stadium when Germany opened their 2002 World Cup qualifying campaign with a 1-0 win against England.

As you know, I call it "small country syndrome".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:37 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Does lovely crisps too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:47 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Sassy wrote:

I hadn't heard of that, how pathetic.   Baxter Bridge has quite a ring to it  ::D:: 

Indeed - how utterly, utterly pathetic:

Fans in Germany, Scotland, Australia, Ireland, Wales and New Zealand ran concerted campaigns to promote their heroes for feats achieved against England.

The most nominated name was Dietmar Hamann, who scored the last competitive goal at the old Wembley stadium when Germany opened their 2002 World Cup qualifying campaign with a 1-0 win against England.

As you know, I call it "small country syndrome".

..I think Sassy is quite right Andy, Baxter bridge does sound nice and friendly!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:48 pm

Nems wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Does lovely crisps too

..Na, there Walkers crisps Nems  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:52 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Nems wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Does lovely crisps too

..Na, there Walkers crisps Nems  Laughing 

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:47 am

Another could of my favorite players were...

Paul Sturrock, Maurice Malpas, Stuart Beedie, Dave Narey, Eammon Bannon, John Holt! Ian Redford, Paul Hegarty , Davie Dods Jim Mcinally , Kev Gallagher, Ian Ferguson and Craig Brewster and a few other Dundee United boys!!

A player well worth a mention I think for sure is Tedddy Sheringham....brilliant player and played well over his years, good physical fitness indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:08 am

Mean Joe Greene:

Who would you say was the best ever football player of all time?... 6a00d83487393d53ef0120a5b2feb9970b-pi

Sorry, dumb joke ...  ::rfth:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:13 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Mean Joe Greene:

Who would you say was the best ever football player of all time?... 6a00d83487393d53ef0120a5b2feb9970b-pi

Sorry, dumb joke ...  ::rfth:: 

well at least he plays football and not soccer  Rolling Eyes even if it is the wussy armoured version  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:26 am

Barry Hall

But not a fan of Football too 'gay', like I say all ball sports should be played by women (preferably attractive with skimpy uniforms  ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: )

Men Should be fightin' sports. Boxing is a bit gay too
Bokator is where it's at

look at the guys just mucking about
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:07 am

Kevin Keegan - Uk
Peter Schmichael - Europe
Pele - rest of the world
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:08 am

Without doubt Pele.

Though to me the best Footballer and Cricketer would be Denis Compton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Compton

How many today can play football and Cricket throughout the year?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:53 pm

Zinadine Zindane

Not only a great footballer but quite sexy too  Razz 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:56 pm

I always liked Jurgen Klinsmann.  ::D:: 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:07 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I always liked Jurgen Klinsmann.  ::D:: 

The shaggy blonde?

Zindane was best.

Someone can put a sexy pic up of him if they wish to please me  Cool 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:41 am

Klinsmann manages the U.S. men now! Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:45 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I always liked Jurgen Klinsmann.  ::D:: 

The shaggy blonde?

Zindane was best.

Someone can put a sexy pic up of him if they wish to please me  Cool 

eddie, this is the best Spurs player - ever.

Dave Mackay - legend

[img]Who would you say was the best ever football player of all time?... Mackaydave2[/img]
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next