NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ukip candidates add to Nigel Farage's woes with a barrage of racism

2 posters

Go down

Ukip candidates add to Nigel Farage's woes with a barrage of racism Empty Ukip candidates add to Nigel Farage's woes with a barrage of racism

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Ukip candidates add to Nigel Farage's woes with a barrage of racism
Party promises to act on social media comments, including call that Lenny Henry should leave Britain

Ukip is facing a fresh storm of controversy as further evidence emerged of racism among its local election candidates, including a suggestion by one that the comedian Lenny Henry should emigrate to a "black country".

Candidates have taken to social media sites to rail against Islam as "organised crime under religious camouflage" while likening the religion to Nazism, and suggesting that the murder of the black teenager Stephen Lawrence has received a disproportionate level of attention.

One candidate for election in Enfield, William Henwood, responded to a recent speech by Henry, in which he suggested there was a poor representation of black and ethnic minorities on British television, by tweeting: "He should emigrate to a black country. He does not have to live with whites."

Ukip, polling at 18% in the latest Observer/Opinium findings, said the party was "non-racist, non-sectarian" and that "any comments made by members that fail to uphold these values will be duly investigated and acted upon".

The latest developments will only add to Nigel Farage's woes after a disastrous week for the party in which its big advertising campaign has been picked apart. Ukip has already been forced to suspend the "poster boy" of its European party election broadcast after it was revealed he had posted a series of racist comments on Twitter. A builder in a Ukip poster accusing EU workers of taking UK jobs was discovered to be an Irish actor who migrated to this country, and a woman who appeared on a poster as a voter from Devon was Ukip's events manager and an assistant to the party leader.

Ukip has attempted to improve its vetting of candidates in the local and European elections to be held next month, but it appears that some of their members will not be constrained on social media. Along with his comments about Henry, the party's candidate in Enfield Town, London, has tweeted that "Islam reminds me of the 3rd Reich, strength through violence against the citizens". He said Muslims "like us to fawn to them" and "young Muslim men remind me of young Afrikaners. They are taught at an early age they have the right to abuse".

A Ukip candidate in Camden, Magnus Nielsen, used his Facebook account to post: "70% of mosques in the UK have been taken over by Wahabbi fundamentalists. Islam is organised crime under religious camouflage. Any Muslim who is not involved in organised crime is not a 'true believer', practising Islam as Muhammad commanded".

And, earlier this month, in the wake of allegations of police corruption in the investigation into the murder of Lawrence, Matt Pavey, a Ukip candidate in Lewisham, tweeted: "Does anyone remember the name Jean Bradley murder unsolved in Acton, London, in 1993. Anyone looking for corruption here? No, thought not." Pavey tweeted two days later: "Lets all take a moment to remember Jean Bradley stabbed to death on the streets of London in March 1993 and no justice #stephenlawrence." And again that day he tweeted: "Lets please take a moment to remember Penny Bell stabbed 50 times in London 1991. No justice #stephenlawrence." Pavey said he was not prepared to comment on his tweets but that there was "no malice" intended.

Gareth Thomas, the shadow minister for Europe, said the tweets should be seen as evidence that Ukip is "not fit to represent the country in Europe".

The Observer has also learned that Ukip MEPs are employing foreign nationals as parliamentary assistants while the party publicly takes a tough public stance against European immigrants taking British jobs. Last week Farage was involved in an exchange with the BBC's political editor, Nick Robinson, over the employment of his German wife as his secretary.

Gerard Batten, Ukip MEP for London, has hired foreigners in both his European and UK constituency offices. Pavel Stroilov, from Russia, works in Batten's London office, while a Polish citizen, Kamila Zarychta, is his accredited assistant in Brussels. Batten said: "I employ people on the basis of whether I think they can do the job."

Ukip's East Midlands MEP Roger Helmer, who has an Italian assistant, Francesca Salierno, in Brussels, said: "I absolutely reject the assumption that because we're opposed to mass immigration it is therefore somehow inconsistent and hypocritical for a Ukip MEP to hire a foreign person." he said William Dartmouth, Ukip MEP for the south west of England, employs Line Sophie Munk Olsen, a Dane, as one of his four parliamentary assistants. A spokesman said: "He employs four British people in his office as well."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/apr/27/ukip-farage-racism-lenny-henry-politics-europe

And someone is going to tell me that they aren't nutters and racists and it's all a dastardly media plot.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Ukip candidates add to Nigel Farage's woes with a barrage of racism Empty Re: Ukip candidates add to Nigel Farage's woes with a barrage of racism

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:40 pm

Filthy scumbags, yet some will claim they are oh so black person friendly.

And any 'positive' comments these twits tweet regards to Islam or Stephen Lawrence will be to save face while lying and continuing their filthy racism.

This bunch of racist , small minded idiots should be treated just like the BNP, and not be allowed on a stage to address the British people.

Back to top Go down

Ukip candidates add to Nigel Farage's woes with a barrage of racism Empty Re: Ukip candidates add to Nigel Farage's woes with a barrage of racism

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:52 am

It's just hilarious to me to see how some will say, oh, the media's just against UKIP. Well, the media is just reporting what these assholes say.

Some of those same people will then base their bigoted opinions of minorities, immigrants and Muslim solely on the basis of media crime reports.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:50 am

As I keep saying, UKIP may not be racist, but it has attracted all the racists, who are so desperate to flock to any party it believes will enact their prejudice hate and who like I said will spell the ruin of the party. The reality is though they certainly are not doing a good job of vetting, to be honest I don't think they even bother and are only acting to save face when someone makes an utter tit of themselves.

As I say I hope they are voted in even more as MEP's, so that people can see for themselves that this party does not have the best interest of the nation at heart, as they are nothing more than a protest party with no viable plans to run the country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:08 am

Didge wrote:As I keep saying, UKIP may not be racist, but it has attracted all the racists, who are so desperate to flock to any party it believes will enact their prejudice hate and who like I said will spell the ruin of the party. The reality is though they certainly are not doing a good job of vetting, to be honest I don't think they even bother and are only acting to save face when someone makes an utter tit of themselves.

As I say I hope they are voted in even more as MEP's, so that people can see for themselves that this party does not have the best interest of the nation at heart, as they are nothing more than a protest party with no viable plans to run the country.

We see the same going on in our own Tea Party movement ... to a T Smile

They latch onto heroes like that Cliven Bundy idiot in Nevada, then run screaming when they find out he thinks black people would be better off if they were owned by white people.

We see the same thing with popular figure after popular figure -- from Sarah Palin to Marco Rubio to Ted Cruz. They hear a few things they like and decide that (to borrow a term) their Messiah has come, without actually knowing a damn thing about the person they're venerating.

I could be the ultimate Tea Party candidate -- not only do I understand everything these idiots want to hear from a leader, I know how not to step in shit Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:20 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:As I keep saying, UKIP may not be racist, but it has attracted all the racists, who are so desperate to flock to any party it believes will enact their prejudice hate and who like I said will spell the ruin of the party. The reality is though they certainly are not doing a good job of vetting, to be honest I don't think they even bother and are only acting to save face when someone makes an utter tit of themselves.

We see the same going on in our own Tea Party movement ... to a T Smile

They latch onto heroes like that Cliven Bundy idiot in Nevada, then run screaming when they find out he thinks black people would be better off if they were owned by white people.

We see the same thing with popular figure after popular figure -- from Sarah Palin to Marco Rubio to Ted Cruz. They hear a few things they like and decide that (to borrow a term) their Messiah has come, without actually knowing a damn thing about the person they're venerating.

I could be the ultimate Tea Party candidate -- not only do I understand everything these idiots want to hear from a leader, I know how not to step in shit Smile

Agreed Ben and your last sentence made me laugh, what gets me is the UKIP is nothing more than a protest party, which is what makes it appealing to some, the reality is though they do not have any viable economic policies and are soley reliant on making many of their policies work based upon leaving the EU. As I have stated countless times, what on earth will they do if people vote to stay in? They have no contingency plan for this, showing they place all their eggs in one basket.

As I said you can only do some much damage limitation, but all the racists flocking to this party will end up being its downfall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:38 am

Oh gawd not another anti UKIP smear campaign......No wonder so many people are voting for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:50 am

Shady wrote:Oh gawd not another anti UKIP smear campaign......No wonder so many people are voting for them.
Yep.  The big parties are desperately ramping up any smear they can - doesn't seem to be working though. Today's poll results in the Times reveals they've jumped even higher in the ratings on 34%, more than Labour and the rest.

As for the latest smears - one was the billboard about foreign workers - howls of outrage from the Tories: the man in the picture wsn't British at all, he was "a foreigner" - in fact he was Irish... as if other political parties never use actors on their advertising boards!

The Lenny Henry twitter?  they just repeat this one message, not what it was about; basically in reply to Lenny Henry's never-ending bloody moaning about white people.  Well he's has a good life living paid for by these white people he slags off, yet it's never enough.. moan moan moan... What the UKIP man's saying is that, if he's so unhappy living with white people it's not compulsory to stay here - move somewhere where he'll obviously feel happier, somewhere where he doesn't have to mix with these nasty white devils!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:56 am

Actually it is irony at its best because UKIP's whole policiy is to smear people like Romanians, Bulgarians etc and then they moan when they have members who are exposed and smeared for being utter bigoted racists, anti-homosexual, xenophobes.

Why people think UKIP are special that they should be immune to what all Parties go through is even more comical that they also get upset over members being exposed and like I said these idiots will spell the death of UKIP in the end. It may not happen this year or next but like the BNP they will flop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:26 am

Interesting to note only one party has bothered to put a campaign leaflet through my door, Im sure you can guess which one

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:27 pm

Vote UKIP!

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:29 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:It's just hilarious to me to see how some will say, oh, the media's just against UKIP. Well, the media is just reporting what these assholes say.

Some of those same people will then base their bigoted opinions of minorities, immigrants and Muslim solely on the basis of media crime reports.

Spot on Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:41 pm

Headbutt a low life scumbag racist today folks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:43 pm

Joy Division wrote:Headbutt a low life scumbag racist today folks Smile

No because you play into their hands of hate, just laugh at them is far easier and much more fun Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:45 pm

Didge wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Headbutt a low life scumbag racist to

day folks Smile

No because you play into their hands of hate, just laugh at them is far easier and much more fun Joy

I know Didge, I'm just having fun!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:45 pm

I have to say - I don't know anybody in England who supports Lenny Henry's call for more blacks here and more blacks there.

Bizarre demands!

The extreme left have for years been telling us white English folk to p1ss off out of the country if we want to live next to white folk (didge) so it's good to see them get a taste of their own medicine  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:50 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I have to say - I don't know anybody in England who supports Lenny Henry's call for more blacks here and more blacks there.

Bizarre demands!

The extreme left have for years been telling us white English folk to p1ss off out of the country if we want to live next to white folk (didge) so it's good to see them get a taste of their own medicine    cheers 

I find it amusing that you defend a racist once again Andy, where even UKIP themselves are embarrassed over his comments, which really shows how little you grasp anything or the fact that Lenny Henry is British. All Lenny Henry said there should be more black and ethnic minority people in creative industries. You then claim that warrants being told to basically fuck off out of this country to a black country?
Seriously that shows once again your ignorance to allow people to spout such hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Didge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:I have to say - I don't know anybody in England who supports Lenny Henry's call for more blacks here and more blacks there.

Bizarre demands!

The extreme left have for years been telling us white English folk to p1ss off out of the country if we want to live next to white folk (didge) so it's good to see them get a taste of their own medicine    cheers 

I find it amusing that you defend a racist once again Andy, where even UKIP themselves are embarrassed over his comments, which really shows how little you grasp anything or the fact that Lenny Henry is British. All Lenny Henry said there should be more black and ethnic minority people in creative industries. You then claim that warrants being told to basically fuck off out of this country to a black country?
Seriously that shows once again your ignorance to allow people to spout such hate

I know Didge, I'm just having fun!  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:02 pm

Joy Division wrote:Headbutt a low life scumbag racist today folks Smile

Good idea & that will be any Labour party supporter.And left wing Tories like Cameron.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:04 pm

Bizarre demands!

Wait, you're equating Henry's call for more black characters on TV shows to telling you white English folk to piss off out of the country?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down