NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel Farage Disowns UKIP Manifesto As 'Drivel'

Go down

Nigel Farage Disowns UKIP Manifesto As 'Drivel' Empty Nigel Farage Disowns UKIP Manifesto As 'Drivel'

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:17 pm

Nigel Farage Disowns UKIP Manifesto As 'Drivel'
Despite launching the document for the 2010 election, the UKIP leader now says it was "nonsense" and is being re-written.

UKIP leader Nigel Farage has disowned the party's entire general election manifesto - which he helped launch - branding it "drivel".

He is understood to have fallen out with the main author of the manifesto, MEP David Bannerman, who has now rejoined the Conservative Party.

In the past 24 hours the 2010 manifesto, which Mr Farage co-signed the foreword to, has disappeared from the UKIP website archive.

Mr Farage said the party was working on new policies to be unveiled later this year.

He told LBC radio on Friday: "Malcolm Pearson, who was leader at the time, was picked up in interviews for not knowing the manifesto.

"Of course he didn't - it was 486 pages of excessive detail. 18 months ago I said I want the whole lot taken down, we reject the whole thing ...

"I didn't read it. It was drivel. It was 486 pages of drivel ... It was a nonsense. We have put that behind us and moved onto a professional footing."

Aside from withdrawing from the European Union the manifesto also called for abolishing the Ministry of Defence, a compulsory dress code for taxi drivers, returning London's Circle Line to a loop, and banning the Burka from being worn in public.

Despite Mr Farage now calling for HS2 to be halted, the manifesto had called for three high-speed lines to be built. It said: "UKIP enthusiastically support the high speed rail concept".

The manifesto also called for trains to be painted in British colours with some very specific requests for each line.

It said: "As with the iconic red bus in London, so the Government should insist on a modernised form of traditional branding - chocolate and cream for Great Western, scarlet red for Midland, Apple Green for the East Coast. These are icons of Britishness."

Mr Farage said all of the party's policies were up for review and that it was starting with a "blank sheet of paper" for 2015.

http://news.sky.com/story/1200525/nigel-farage-disowns-ukip-manifesto-as-drivel

Oh dear LOL

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage Disowns UKIP Manifesto As 'Drivel' Empty Re: Nigel Farage Disowns UKIP Manifesto As 'Drivel'

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:23 pm

I would be slightly more impressed if sky news were anything like keeping up - this was last weeks news.

This was actually all part of the same interview where he said about gun laws.

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage Disowns UKIP Manifesto As 'Drivel' Empty Re: Nigel Farage Disowns UKIP Manifesto As 'Drivel'

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:38 pm

Alright...who won out of Sphinx and Sassy? Was anyone grappled unfairly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:47 pm

Warren Moon wrote:Alright...who won out of Sphinx and Sassy?  Was anyone grappled unfairly?

Grappled? Now what's going round in your head Keith?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:53 pm

Sassy wrote:
Warren Moon wrote:Alright...who won out of Sphinx and Sassy?  Was anyone grappled unfairly?

Grappled?   Now what's going round in your head Keith?

Please sassy dont encourage him - Its not that I dont like you I just dont do women  Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:55 pm

You're not meant to "Do" her.....you're sex mad! Nice healthy looking beaver by the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:57 pm

Warren Moon wrote:You're not meant to "Do" her.....you're sex mad!  Nice healthy looking beaver by the way.

Its a black-tailed prairie dog.

Taken with my own fair camera.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:58 pm

Either way - I'd cuddle it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:59 pm

it would probably do something with your nuts keith...I hear they are very keen on nuts.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:04 am

Sphinx, Sassy or the Prairie dog?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:05 am

sphinx wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Grappled?   Now what's going round in your head Keith?

Please sassy dont encourage him - Its not that I dont like you I just dont do women  Twisted Evil 

Me neither lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:07 am

hmmmm difficult to say really....I mean...I Know for a fact that prairie dogs are partial to nuts, but lacking any experience of them personally, and not having seen their nocturnal activities in any nature magazines, I cant really speak for Sphinx and Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:09 am

grumpy old git wrote:hmmmm difficult to say really....I mean...I Know for a fact that prairie dogs are partial to nuts, but lacking any experience of them personally, and not having seen their nocturnal activities in any nature magazines, I cant really speak for Sphinx and Sassy

Like nuts meself, OH has a very nice pair lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:12 am

did I want to know that....erm.....Nooooooooooooo Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down