NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Has The Benefits Thread Been Locked?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why Has The Benefits Thread Been Locked? - Page 2 Empty Why Has The Benefits Thread Been Locked?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Was a good thread - didn't see anything bad on there?

Question 

Back to top Go down

Why Has The Benefits Thread Been Locked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Has The Benefits Thread Been Locked?

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Does anyone think it gets like this because there appears to be no moderation? If there was report button, people could ignore a post and just report it instead of replying, and then things wouldn't escalate so much. If bad posts were dealt with more quickly, it would calm things down a lot IMO.

You don't think people would be hitting "report" on every post from every poster they didn't like? To me it sounds too easy to abuse.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Why Has The Benefits Thread Been Locked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Has The Benefits Thread Been Locked?

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Does anyone think it gets like this because there appears to be no moderation? If there was report button, people could ignore a post and just report it instead of replying, and then things wouldn't escalate so much. If bad posts were dealt with more quickly, it would calm things down a lot IMO.

You don't think people would be hitting "report" on every post from every poster they didn't like? To me it sounds too easy to abuse.

I do take your point, and that does happen sometimes, but maybe there could be a penalty for abuse of the report button.  Laughing 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Thats exactly what will happen as it has on every other forum with a report button.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:46 pm

Most on here have been on many forums. Most should have learnt from the past not to bring washing with them, and if dirty socks are thrown ignore them do not pick them up.

We all choose to be here apart from Handsome who gets paid £1 per post  cheers 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I do take your point, and that does happen sometimes, but maybe there could be a penalty for abuse of the report button.  Laughing 

That's an interesting idea, actually. I'm going to investigate that.

Before that, though, think I'm going to do a few of the essential duties that keep my paycheck coming to me reliably ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That's an interesting idea, actually. I'm going to investigate that.

Before that, though, think I'm going to do a few of the essential duties that keep my paycheck coming to me reliably ...

Good idea. I'm currently working at home, so I should be getting on with it really.  Razz 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Ben, will you be enforcing the rule about not banging on about other forums? Catman and Fluffy are always doing that, and it's very disruptive.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Ben, will you be enforcing the rule about not banging on about other forums? Catman and Fluffy are always doing that, and it's very disruptive.

I don't think there's a rule that stops posters from mentioning other forums. Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Ben, will you be enforcing the rule about not banging on about other forums? Catman and Fluffy are always doing that, and it's very disruptive.

I don't think there's a rule that stops posters from mentioning other forums. Rolling Eyes 

It is not a place to carry out personal quarrels with other members, nor a place to discuss other forums, nor a place for posting hate speech against minority groups.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:04 pm

Catman wrote:

Catman,I couldn't care less about that seedy place and am just glad to be away from it!

If Ben doesn't want us to discuss other forums it won't trouble me anyway.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:08 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Catman wrote:

Catman,I couldn't care less about that seedy place and am just glad to be away from it!

If we weren't allowed to mention other forums, lots of people wouldn't be here though. pirat Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:09 pm

Catman wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

If we weren't allowed to mention other forums, lots of people wouldn't be here though. pirat Laughing 

Well it's in the rules, and I hope that Ben enforces it because you and Fluffy are obsessed with a certain forum, and it's very boring.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Catman wrote:

Well it's in the rules, and I hope that Ben enforces it because you and Fluffy are obsessed with a certain forum, and it's very boring.

I don't think it is!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't think it is!

That's because you have no life and nothing else to do except b---h and whine.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:12 pm

::D:: 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Catman wrote:

I am now very much relieved to be away from the unsavoury characters on there Ragga and would have no problem forgetting they ever existed!

Onwards and upwards  cheers 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't think it is!

" About NewsFix: Who We Are, The Rules, and Guidelines

NewsFix members include veterans of Shortnews.com and the defunct NewsHabit.net, along with a large influx of members who have found us through ForumMotion and other places.

As the name implies, NewsFix is a forum for the sharing and discussion of news.

It is not a place to carry out personal quarrels with other members, nor a place to discuss other forums, nor a place for posting hate speech against minority groups.

Thus, the first guideline is that a post should, in the spirit of a news forum, be of interest to anyone looking in the category in which it's placed. It follows that replies to such posts should be of potential interest to anyone looking in.

It is accepted that discussions will become heated and that insults will be swapped between members, but lines of common decency and propriety should not be crossed:

Posts that are obviously engineered to insult or provoke other members are not acceptable (action or discipline subject to moderator discretion).

Likewise, posts that are racist, homophobic or otherwise contain hate speech are unacceptable, and those who create such posts are subject to discipline including permanent banning.

Please feel free to PM one of our admins -- Ben_Reilly, Lurker, Caution, Veya_Victaous and Irn Bru-- if you need help. Otherwise, enjoy yourself!

http://www.newsfixboard.com/h1-about-newsfix-who-we-are-the-rules

Can't see anything re mentioning any other forum, in fact the opposite, the rules mention them.....
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:16 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I am now very much relieved to be away from the unsavoury characters on there Ragga and would have no problem forgetting they ever existed!

STFU about it then.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:18 pm

gerber wrote:
Catman wrote:

I don't think it is!

NewsFix members include veterans of Shortnews.com and the defunct NewsHabit.net, along with a large influx of members who have found us through ForumMotion and other places.

Thus, the first guideline is that a post should, in the spirit of a news forum, be of interest to anyone looking in the category in which it's placed. It follows that replies to such posts should be of potential interest to anyone looking in.

It is accepted that discussions will become heated and that insults will be swapped between members, but lines of common decency and propriety should not be crossed:

Posts that are obviously engineered to insult or provoke other members are not acceptable (action or discipline subject to moderator discretion).

Likewise, posts that are racist, homophobic or otherwise contain hate speech are unacceptable, and those who create such posts are subject to discipline including permanent banning.

Please feel free to PM one of our admins -- Ben_Reilly, Lurker, Caution, Veya_Victaous and Irn Bru-- if you need help. Otherwise, enjoy yourself!

Can't see anything re mentioning any other forum, in fact the opposite, the rules mention them.....

You need to go to specsavers.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

STFU about it then.

On the dregs forum, they are always banging on about FH.
Tad hypocritical methinks  No 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:21 pm

I'm going to put Catman and Fluffy on ignore for a while at least. They're both too stupid and annoying to put up with.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
gerber wrote:

The word used was " Mentioned ".......
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Like it says, it's all subject to moderator discretion, and we try not to over-moderate and let people settle things on their own.

I think the big problem has been that outside of banning, there isn't really a punishment here, and we don't want to ban people left and right because it tends to make everyone else get quieter, and/or it causes people to freak out.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Catman's remarks were not very nice on that thread ...

were the comments in context with the thread Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm going to put Catman and Fluffy on ignore for a while at least. They're both too stupid and annoying to put up with.

::cheerlead:: ::cheerlead:: ::cheerlead:: ::cheerlead:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:34 pm

gerber wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The word used was " Mentioned ".......

What? The rules say this is not a place to discuss other forums, which is what some members spend most of their time doing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:35 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I'm going to put Catman and Fluffy on ignore for a while at least. They're both too stupid and annoying to put up with.

I think i mentioned a d o before  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:35 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Like it says, it's all subject to moderator discretion, and we try not to over-moderate and let people settle things on their own.

I think the big problem has been that outside of banning, there isn't really a punishment here, and we don't want to ban people left and right because it tends to make everyone else get quieter, and/or it causes people to freak out.

Well if you rely on certain people to moderate themselves, you'll get nowhere I'm afraid. I can't see any moderation here tbh, apart from when you lock threads sometimes.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:46 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Catman wrote:

I think i mentioned a d o before  Rolling Eyes 

That's you and me in jankers then. I have mentioned " Sky ".... You take the wine I'll bring the bread cheers 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:50 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Like it says, it's all subject to moderator discretion, and we try not to over-moderate and let people settle things on their own.

If you are going to be relying on the admins I hope you are are going to be ensuring fairness, just because you like someone doesnt make them right etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Catman wrote:

That's the nicest thing that lady has ever said about me,fact flower 

I like the way i'm considered as bad as you CatMan  lol! 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:41 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Catman wrote:

It's all about being an acquired/required taste i would suppose!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Catman wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

It's all about being an acquired/required taste i would suppose!  Laughing 

I haven't been rude to her though and you sort of,in a very small way,have  bounce 

Ah it's all fun and games, I suppose they enjoy it.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2