NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Has The Benefits Thread Been Locked?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why Has The Benefits Thread Been Locked? Empty Why Has The Benefits Thread Been Locked?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Was a good thread - didn't see anything bad on there?

Question 

Back to top Go down

Why Has The Benefits Thread Been Locked? Empty Re: Why Has The Benefits Thread Been Locked?

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:01 pm

I think Catman reported it. It was locked just after he had a go at me though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Why Has The Benefits Thread Been Locked? Empty Re: Why Has The Benefits Thread Been Locked?

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:02 pm

Oh, and Didge reported it too I think.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think Catman reported it. It was locked just after he had a go at me though.

Why, what had you said?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:02 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I think Catman reported it. It was locked just after he had a go at me though.

Why, what had you said?

Me? Nothing. I was about to reply to him when it was locked.  Razz 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:04 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Was a good thread - didn't see anything bad on there?

Question 

I'm not sure but some comments by Smelly about CatMan's OH were not very nice,maybe it was on that thread.

Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:05 pm

Catman's remarks were not very nice on that thread ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:06 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:

Question 

I'm not sure but some comments by Smelly about CatMan's OH were not very nice,maybe it was on that thread.

Ah ok.

So Fluffy, have you ever been on benefits?

And were you happy with the information I gave about no cuts to the money people receive - in fact they have had generous increases?

As everybody has said - the Conservatives are spending more than ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:08 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:

Question 

I think it was, best thing was to lock that one. Raggabint wishes that she had the buttons to unlock it.
My thread about dogs has been locked as well, that was perfectly innocent.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:10 pm

I had actually just agreed with Didge re a sensible post and then...............

Probably because of the shock in me agreeing........... cheers 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:10 pm

Catman wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

I think it was, best thing was to lock that one. Raggabint wishes that she had the buttons to unlock it.

I'm glad yours was locked - it was disgusting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:10 pm

Catman wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Why would I want to unlock it so that you can spam it with your usual crap again?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:11 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Ah ok.

And were you happy with the information I gave about no cuts to the money people receive - in fact they have had generous increases?

I am not willing to discuss my own personal situation at present but yes I have received benefits in the past for about 6 months I think.I recall it wasn't very much money at all but I didn't need very much as I had no dependents and still lived with my parents at the time.

I'm a bit confused at the stats you have provided stating that benefits have increased,the Tories have themselves stated they have slashed benefits.

I will have to do a bit of reading  ::resmahauth:: 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:11 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

Yes it was. I didn't realise what it was about until I saw it had been locked. I thought it was about nice funny videos of dogs.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Catman's remarks were not very nice on that thread ...

Smelly's were far worse and to be honest I am bloody sick of reading insults being hurled at an ill gentleman not able to defend himself.

It's unseemly and takes things too far.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:17 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:

Smelly's were far worse and to be honest I am bloody sick of reading insults being hurled at an ill gentleman not able to defend himself.

Sorry fluffy, but catman does the same to Nicko (who has cancer and emphysema) , so he is thus wrong also and he is constantly derogatory to many female posters here, which is appalling and hypocritical of him when he moans about homophobia, as you do not fight discrimination by being prejudice and using derogatory language as he does.

I reported them both, because enough is enough and want them to get back to debating

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:18 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Ah ok.

I am not willing to discuss my own personal situation at present but yes I have received benefits in the past for about 6 months I think.I recall it wasn't very much money at all but I didn't need very much as I had no dependents and still lived with my parents at the time.

I'm a bit confused at the stats you have provided stating that benefits have increased,the Tories have themselves stated they have slashed benefits.

I will have to do a bit of reading  ::resmahauth:: 

No, they have cut the welfare bill - in administration costs - and really, it will be for the future.

It costs money to save money - streamlining, more effective administration, redundancies etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:22 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

All of your threads should be locked.
Disgusting racist and benefit hating rot.
You should be locked up, and the key flushed down the nearest toilet, you turd.
 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:23 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

All of your threads should be locked.
Disgusting racist and benefit hating rot.
You should be locked up, and the key flushed down the nearest toilet, you turd.
 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

He is rarely personal unlike you and has a right to an opinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:25 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:

Catman knows that Smelly will react if Catman calls him a terrorist sympathiser though, which is what he did - totally off topic too.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:25 pm

This thread had better not turn into that thread, or it will get locked as well.

I'm planning a big site overhaul in terms of enforcing the rules -- be doing that late tonight when most of you troublemakers will be in bed. Basically we're going to have a "time-out" section, but it will take a little bit of work to do. You may find yourselves having to log in again once it's done, so if you think there might be a problem, be sure you know the e-mail address you signed up under and your password.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:26 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:This thread had better not turn into that thread, or it will get locked as well.

I'm planning a big site overhaul in terms of enforcing the rules -- be doing that late tonight when most of you troublemakers will be in bed. Basically we're going to have a "time-out" section, but it will take a little bit of work to do. You may find yourselves having to log in again once it's done, so if you think there might be a problem, be sure you know the e-mail address you signed up under and your password.

You mean re-register?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:This thread had better not turn into that thread, or it will get locked as well.

You mean re-register?

No he means if you are logged in, you maybe be logged out when it changes, so you will have to log back in again

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

You mean re-register?

You shouldn't have to do that; you might not even have to log-in again.

Basically what's going to happen tonight is that everyone at "Member" status is going to be promoted (woo-hoo!) to "Member in Good Standing" status. Then if you break a rule, the admins will have the ability to restrict your access to certain or all areas for a period of time.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You mean re-register?

No he means if you are logged in, you maybe be logged out when it changes, so you will have to log back in again

Ah, he means we should remember our email address in case we've forgotten our passwords.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You mean re-register?

Basically what's going to happen tonight is that everyone at "Member" status is going to be promoted (woo-hoo!) to "Member in Good Standing" status. Then if you break a rule, the admins will have the ability to restrict your access to certain or all areas for a period of time.

I think the rules are a bit vague tbh.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Ah, he means we should remember our email address in case we've forgotten our passwords.

I believe so

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:31 pm

Why dont you consider moderating the site? Easier surely?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

He said he was going to do the rules tonight, at least give him a chance to write them down for you

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Nems wrote:

Yes. There are always loads of mods logged in but they never do anything.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Nems wrote:

Not really, Nems. I have a job in Texas that I'm supposed to be doing ... right now. What time is it where you are?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You mean re-register?

I think thats a good idea.
 ::happ:: 

Things getting too personal ruins debate and its not necessary anyway ::dunno:: .Have experienced things getting personal before and its not pleasant to experience or read.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Nems wrote:

If people were adult Nems, he would not have to in the first place

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

He said he was going to do the rules tonight, at least give him a chance to write them down for you

He said he was going to enforce the rules, not change them.

I'm planning a big site overhaul in terms of enforcing the rules
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nems wrote:

Has it ever occured to you they might have things to do..?
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:34 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

Not really, Nems. I have a job in Texas that I'm supposed to be doing ... right now. What time is it where you are?

Half five late afternoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:34 pm

Why is there no report button on this forum? Wouldn't it be easier for people to report posts rather than having to PM a moderator?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:35 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Has it ever occured to you they might have things to do..?

Yes, and I dismissed the idea at once.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:36 pm

What about shit-stirring rabbits? Will they be subject to disciplinary action?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:36 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You mean re-register?

I think thats a good idea.
 ::happ:: 

Things getting too personal ruins debate and its not necessary anyway ::dunno:: .Have experienced things getting personal before and its not pleasant to experience or read.

Thanks, it's an idea that's been floated around a lot, but now I think I've figured out a way to do it that won't result in massive screw-ups to the site or it being offline for too long. I also think it's a better thing to do than just ban somebody for good, since nobody's perfect.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:36 pm

Didge wrote:
Nems wrote:

Absolutely right Didge but no one is adult so this site needs moderation or Ben will get pushed too far and think feck it. He didnt ask for this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:37 pm

Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

Half five late afternoon

11:36 a.m. here. I'm supposed to be designing sports pages. The only way I get away with not doing it is that I'm fast, and I work from home so people don't see that I'm spending so much time on here.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

Half five late afternoon

11:36 a.m. here. I'm supposed to be designing sports pages. The only way I get away with not doing it is that I'm fast, and I work from home so people don't see that I'm spending so much time on here.

So the big helicopter overhead is googling pictures of push bikes .......
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:40 pm

Nems wrote:
Didge wrote:

Absolutely right Didge but no one is adult so this site needs moderation or Ben will get pushed too far and think feck it. He didnt ask for this.

No he didn't ask for this and now it has got to a point where people are constantly abusing the site, so now he is taking action, which he never should have needed to in the first place if again people acted like adults.
I don;t mind if people take the piss or call each other what they like, as long as it is not discriminating or about people ill, or not of this forum, that is just low and vile

Anyway lets allow Ben to run his forum

x

Last edited by Didge on Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:40 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

Half five late afternoon

I get it Ben I totally do. I thought that is why you had introduced UK based moderation.
One things for certain the forum cant carry on like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:40 pm

gerber wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

Half five late afternoon

I did that last night; what's that supposed to mean? It would have been nice if today's shitstorm had erupted a bit earlier, so I could have gotten to it last night when I had time, but I woke up to it this morning (4 PMs).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:42 pm

Does anyone think it gets like this because there appears to be no moderation? If there was report button, people could ignore a post and just report it instead of replying, and then things wouldn't escalate so much. If bad posts were dealt with more quickly, it would calm things down a lot IMO.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:42 pm

Didge wrote:
Nems wrote:

No he didn't ask for this and now it has got to a point where people are constantly abusing the site, so now he is taking action, which he never should have needed to in the first place if again people acted like adults.
I don;t mind if people take the piss or call each other what they like, as long as it is not discriminating or about people ill, or not of this forum, that is just low and vile

Anyway lets allow Ben to run his forum

x

I have done Didge. It was you telling posters off and making announcements about what you were going to report to Ben. Be fair!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
gerber wrote:

I did that last night; what's that supposed to mean? It would have been nice if today's shitstorm had erupted a bit earlier, so I could have gotten to it last night when I had time, but I woke up to it this morning (4 PMs).

Re the copter it was big brother spying on you...... pale  checking.........

OB has to know what everyone is doing all of the time...... santa 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Didge is "Deputy speaker" which seems to mean that he tries to calm things down, but without mod buttons he can't do much even if he wanted to.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next