NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Woolwich memorial for Lee Rigby despite 12,000-strong campaign

+4
Ben Reilly
SEXY MAMA
captain
gerber
8 posters

Go down

No Woolwich memorial for Lee Rigby despite 12,000-strong campaign Empty No Woolwich memorial for Lee Rigby despite 12,000-strong campaign

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:33 am

DESPITE the support of nearly 12,000 people, including members of Lee Rigby's own family, there are still no plans for a Woolwich memorial to the murdered solider.

Lorna Taylor, whose son fought with Fusilier Rigby in Afghanistan, has led the calls for a permanent tribute at the site where the soldier was run down and killed last year while on his way back to Woolwich Barracks. The 46-year-old retail worker, of Western Way, Thamesmead, added: "Woolwich is an army town so we should honour our fallen soldiers. I believe a tribute near where he died would be a fitting place."

But Greenwich Council leader Councillor Chris Roberts has often seemed defensive over the Woolwich murder's location, disappearing when the Prime Minister visited after the killing, questioning groups' motives for memorials to the fallen soldier and calling for Woolwich to be "left alone" by the media.

There is a plaque for murdered teenager Stephen Lawrence in Eltham.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/10984685.No_Woolwich_memorial_for_Lee_Rigby_despite_12_000_strong_campaign/

Back to top Go down

No Woolwich memorial for Lee Rigby despite 12,000-strong campaign Empty Re: No Woolwich memorial for Lee Rigby despite 12,000-strong campaign

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:42 am

guess what party Greenwich Council leader Councillor Chris Roberts belongs to???

Back to top Go down

No Woolwich memorial for Lee Rigby despite 12,000-strong campaign Empty Re: No Woolwich memorial for Lee Rigby despite 12,000-strong campaign

Post by gerber Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:35 am

Guessed and then googled.............. I was right  ::happ:: 

But have found this and can't remember any media coverage at all...

" The first permanent memorial to tragic soldier Lee Rigby has been unveiled by football fans who spearheaded the tribute.

Supporters of Charlton Athletic raised money for the plaque outside the west stand of their club's The Valley stadium.

Plans for the memorial - less than a mile from the scene of Drummer Rigby's brutal murder - were launched after the local council refused.

The plaque - which reads 'RIP Lee Rigby Fans Unite' - was revealed before the Addicks' home game against QPR yesterday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/charlton-athletic-fans-lee-rigby-3176313#ixzz2ztBiihCz
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:38 am

gerber wrote:Guessed and then googled..............  I was right  ::happ:: 

" The first permanent memorial to tragic soldier Lee Rigby has been unveiled by football fans who spearheaded the tribute.

Supporters of Charlton Athletic raised money for the plaque outside the west stand of their club's The Valley stadium.

Plans for the memorial - less than a mile from the scene of Drummer Rigby's brutal murder - were launched after the local council refused.

The plaque - which reads 'RIP Lee Rigby Fans Unite' - was revealed before the Addicks' home game against QPR yesterday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/charlton-athletic-fans-lee-rigby-3176313#ixzz2ztBiihCz

Good for them! But what I'd like to know is, why have the council refused a memorial for a fallen hero, yet granted one for a murder victim? If it was a blanket refusal as against council policy I could understand that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:38 am

Tesstacious wrote:DESPITE the support of nearly 12,000 people, including members of Lee Rigby's own family, there are still no plans for a Woolwich memorial to the murdered solider.

Lorna Taylor, whose son fought with Fusilier Rigby in Afghanistan, has led the calls for a permanent tribute at the site where the soldier was run down and killed last year while on his way back to Woolwich Barracks.  The 46-year-old retail worker, of Western Way, Thamesmead, added: "Woolwich is an army town so we should honour our fallen soldiers. I believe a tribute near where he died would be a fitting place."

But Greenwich Council leader Councillor Chris Roberts has often seemed defensive over the Woolwich murder's location, disappearing when the Prime Minister visited after the killing, questioning groups' motives for memorials to the fallen soldier and calling for Woolwich to be "left alone" by the media.

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/10984685.No_Woolwich_memorial_for_Lee_Rigby_despite_12_000_strong_campaign/

That's disgusting, that there isn't a plaque yet, but it was years before Stephen Lawrence got one.

Perhaps if the racists, weren't trying to jump on the bandwagon of hate, against the families wishes, then we might get a plaque or a memorial some time sooner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:42 am

Catman wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:DESPITE the support of nearly 12,000 people, including members of Lee Rigby's own family, there are still no plans for a Woolwich memorial to the murdered solider.

Lorna Taylor, whose son fought with Fusilier Rigby in Afghanistan, has led the calls for a permanent tribute at the site where the soldier was run down and killed last year while on his way back to Woolwich Barracks.  The 46-year-old retail worker, of Western Way, Thamesmead, added: "Woolwich is an army town so we should honour our fallen soldiers. I believe a tribute near where he died would be a fitting place."

That's disgusting, that there isn't a plaque yet, but it was years before Stephen Lawrence got one.

Perhaps if the racists, weren't trying to jump on the bandwagon of hate, against the families wishes, then we might get a plaque or a memorial some time sooner.

Only because it was years before it was thought of! Has one ever been refused? No.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:48 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Catman wrote:

Only because it was years before it was thought of!  Has one ever been refused?  No.

The far right, has used Lee Rigby's death to further their own racist causes, as a vehicle, and against his families wishes.

In time, i firmly believe that he will get a memorial there, but things need to calm down..There have been a few problems in Woolwich, with the far right causing a couple of riots there, on the back of Lee's death.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:54 am

gerber wrote:Guessed and then googled..............  I was right  ::happ:: 

what a bunch of racists

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:55 am

That isn't Woolwich at all, it's a very peaceful area.

I was born there in the hospital actually!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:11 pm

Catman wrote:

That isn't Woolwich at all, it's a very peaceful area.

I was born there in the hospital actually!

In a hospital actually?...I thought you were found under a rock.

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:06 pm

Lee Rigby family must be in a living hell. How long will it be until they have closure.

The reporting was the strangest I had ever seen. I thought at the time this is as surreal in the reporting. So much so, it took a long time for me to actually to believe it had really happened at all. Yet for some reason I am feeling that there is still something not right.  :ashmmmas: 
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:14 pm

I'm afraid he is part of the silent majority.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:07 pm

Sad times we are living in. Evil or Very Mad 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:14 pm

There should be a memorial and at the dedication, someone give a speech pointing out how bigotry was what led to Rigby's murder in the first place.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:18 pm

captainJane wrote:Lee Rigby family must be in a living hell. How long will it be until they have closure.

The reporting was the strangest I had ever seen. I thought at the time this is as surreal in the reporting. So much so, it took a long time for me to actually to believe it had really happened at all. Yet for some reason I am feeling that there is still something not right.  :ashmmmas: 

Hi cap jane! What do you mean? You've got me all interested  bounce 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:23 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:There should be a memorial and at the dedication, someone give a speech pointing out how bigotry was what led to Rigby's murder in the first place.

well of course THAT would be the progressives, weak, vacillating re organisation of the truth I suppose....doubtless followed by an hour long diatribe on how...if we all just hugged each other..... everything will be alright..... Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:54 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:There should be a memorial and at the dedication, someone give a speech pointing out how bigotry was what led to Rigby's murder in the first place.

well of course THAT would be the progressives, weak, vacillating re organisation of the truth I suppose....doubtless followed by an hour long diatribe on how...if we all just hugged each other..... everything will be alright..... Rolling Eyes 

You're just mad because I didn't call for a memorial service followed by lynching a random Muslim or three ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:00 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

You're just mad because I didn't call for a memorial service followed by lynching a random Muslim or three ...

nope...but the typical (and expected) reply from a progressive, who having been stung launches into hyperbolic nonsense....

the progressive's bible...rule one... ALWAYS explicitly (or if not possible implicitly) accuse your opponent of racism/xenophobia/bigotry...rather than risking having to accept they may have a point.....

rule two....Never under any circumstance allow your opponent the chance to MAKE his point via rule one and or diversion disruption.

rule three...If the above fails scream (insert insult here) place fingers in ears and shot LA LA LA......

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:05 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

nope...but the typical (and expected)  reply from a progressive, who having been stung launches into hyperbolic nonsense....

the progressive's bible...rule one... ALWAYS explicitly (or if not possible implicitly) accuse your opponent of racism/xenophobia/bigotry...rather than risking having to accept they may have a point.....

rule two....Never under any circumstance allow your opponent the chance to MAKE his point via rule one and or diversion disruption.

rule three...If the above fails scream (insert insult here) place fingers in ears and shot LA LA LA......

Lighten up hombre, I was only joking!  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:16 pm

rule four.....if you get caught out...claim "I was only joking"

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:01 am

Catman wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:
Only because it was years before it was thought of!  Has one ever been refused?  No.

The far right, has used Lee Rigby's death to further their own racist causes, as a vehicle, and against his families wishes.

In time, i firmly believe that he will get a memorial there, but things need to calm down..There have been a few problems in Woolwich, with the far right causing a couple of riots there, on the back of Lee's death.
Spot on Phil,

Lee Rigby was a brave British warrior, he served and died for us, and indeed a memorial should be built to remind us that his death was not in vain, and to remind others that only through democracy does Britain confront it's identity as a secular society.

The far right have jumped on this "insult a Muslim" bandwagon from day one, it's what they do, they have no shame.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:11 am

scrat wrote:
Catman wrote:

Spot on Phil,

Lee Rigby was a brave British warrior, he served and died for us, and indeed a memorial should be built to remind us that his death was not in vain, and to remind others that only through democracy does Britain confront it's identity as a secular society.

The far right have jumped on this "insult a Muslim" bandwagon from day one, it's what they do, they have no shame.

Woolwich is a very cohesive borough, i've worked there in the past as well!

It isn't a good thing to have the far right rampaging at all!

Everyone gets on really well, tbf....They don't really want a load of racists upsetting the apple cart.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:29 am

Catman wrote:
scrat wrote:
Spot on Phil,

Everyone gets on really well, tbf....They don't really want a load of racists upsetting the apple cart.
Exactly, the majority of people just want to get on with their lives.

The right whinge mind is much like a cheap chocolate box, a pretty picture on the tin but fuck all in it.

scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:38 am

scrat wrote:
Catman wrote:

The right whinge mind is much like a cheap chocolate box, a pretty picture on the tin but fuck all in it.

Actually chap what they should do is show unity in this country having a joint day or poster is no way wrong.Have memorial with Lee Rigby and Mohammed Saleem, as they are both victims of hate and terrorism?

What a message to say fuck off to people of hate/

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:42 am

What about the British soldiers that were murdered by the IRA outside their barracks just a couple of years ago?
They should get one as well - shouldn't they?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:45 am

Catman wrote:
scrat wrote:
Spot on Phil,

Woolwich just isn't safe for decent English folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:45 am

Irn Bru wrote:What about the British soldiers that were murdered by the IRA outside their barracks just a couple of years ago?
They should get one as well - shouldn't they?
Agreed 1000000%, honour them all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:51 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

Really and you base that on one terrorist murder?

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:53 am

Didge wrote:
scrat wrote:

Actually chap what they should do is show unity in this country having a joint day or poster is no way wrong.Have memorial with Lee Rigby and Mohammed Saleem, as they are both victims of hate and terrorism?

You're quite correct,

Britain has to look to its future, accept the world as it is and move on.

The problem is, we're living in dangerous times, and here at home, a concoction of low wages and high immigration during an economic downturn teaches us some history in that this is an explosive combination.

In fact Great Britain now realistically speaking has a future of what,,,5 months!

If this were to occur England would be somewhat different, the far right will flourish because the Scots are no longer about to help us see reason.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:56 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

Have you ever been there?

There isn't a problem for any race living there, there is a problem with racists there though, they don't like them!

cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:56 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:
scrat wrote:
Spot on Phil,

Neither were places like Birmingham, Warrington or pubs like the Admiral Duncan pub where people were having a good night out and you didn't need to be English to be worried about going out.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:00 am

scrat wrote:
Didge wrote:

You're quite correct,

The problem is, we're living in dangerous times, and here at home, a concoction of low wages and high immigration during an economic downturn teaches us some history in that this is an explosive combination.

In fact Great Britain now realistically speaking has a future of what,,,5 months!

If this were to occur England would be somewhat different, the far right will flourish because the Scots are no longer about to help us see reason.

Fair point mate, but I wold not like to see Scotland leave, but maybe it will help people allow to identify with England? I do not think they would flourish, to many people are against discrimination and the Scots, represent how many people?
Personally, they should stay. but is their choice, maybe we need to identify with England now only, but to me we are still one

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:11 am

Didge wrote:
scrat wrote:
You're quite correct,

Fair point mate, but I wold not like to see Scotland leave, but maybe it will help people allow to identify with England? I do not think they would flourish, to many people are against discrimination and the Scots, represent how many people?
Personally, they should stay. but is their choice, maybe we need to identify with England now only, but to me we are still one
In my mind when a British soldier dies he dies for Britain. I'm an Englishman but I would feel less if I were not British, maybe it's my age, so I would not have to suffer not being British for too long and I think a lot of Englishmen think like that, in my heart seeing the Union Jack in a far off land, listening to the BBC world service and drinking a cup of tea is a comfortable warmth, anything else is just pants.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:08 am

victorisnotamused wrote:rule four.....if you get caught out...claim "I was only joking"

Well, I was -- I think that while you may have some unreasonable prejudices, you wouldn't condone rounding people up and killing them on the basis of their religion. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that I wish you'd extend to people like me.

But am I not right -- is it so unreasonable to think that Rigby's killers were driven by bigotry; is it so hard to imagine that they thought of Rigby not as a unique individual but as a nameless, faceless white Christian Western oppressor of Islam, and that that's why they murdered him?

It's all down to dehumanizing people, right?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:25 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

nope...but the typical (and expected)  reply from a progressive, who having been stung launches into hyperbolic nonsense....

No need to accuse when you are a xenophobe, the tactic of people exposed is to bemoan they have been exposed, it is quite pitiful really and understand they rarely have a point based upon the fact their view points on not based upon any common sense but are led by anger and anger only leads to hate.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:30 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

lol!   Smelly called some one group of people "racists" in one of his posts up above there earlier...

BY Victor's personal "rules", Smelly should now be considered a "progressive" !!

No doubt Smelly will be pleased with his latest promotion !  

cheers 

P.S. Know what the opposite of progressive is ?

REGRESSIVE !   Which pretty well fits Victor, Smelly, L'ilAndy, Shady, Tess', Baggs' and company..   

bom

What's up with you,you silly old bugger?

Got lost in those Sydney slums again have you?

No Woolwich memorial for Lee Rigby despite 12,000-strong campaign 5485116

My tent or yours.......2nd in the 2014 Champion hurdle.....A loser in other words.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

lol!   Smelly called some one group of people "racists" in one of his posts up above there earlier...

BY Victor's personal "rules", Smelly should now be considered a "progressive" !!

No doubt Smelly will be pleased with his latest promotion !  

cheers 

P.S. Know what the opposite of progressive is ?

REGRESSIVE !   Which pretty well fits Victor, Smelly, L'ilAndy, Shady, Tess', Baggs' and company..   

bom

I see the brain dead sheep sh****r is here again with his stimulating input....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:rule four.....if you get caught out...claim "I was only joking"

Well, I was -- I think that while you may have some unreasonable prejudices, you wouldn't condone rounding people up and killing them on the basis of their religion. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that I wish you'd extend to people like me.

But am I not right NO-- is it so unreasonable to think that Rigby's killers were driven by bigotry;....YES is it so hard to imagine that they thought of Rigby not as a unique individual but as a nameless, faceless white Christian Western oppressor of Islam, and that that's why they murdered him? NO

It's all down to dehumanizing people, right? (Why does the left ALWAYS over analyse everything)

The reason they killed him was Islamic fundamentalism......which is NOt the same animal you mention.....for many reasons....first and foremost it teaches that murdering the kafir is a kinda good thing to do...under any circumstance and without any rhyme or reason....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:39 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

But am I not right    NO-- is it so unreasonable to think that Rigby's killers were driven by bigotry;....YES is it so hard to imagine that they thought of Rigby not as a unique individual but as a nameless, faceless white Christian Western oppressor of Islam, and that that's why they murdered him? NO

It's all down to dehumanizing people, right? (Why does the left ALWAYS over analyse everything)

The reason they killed him was Islamic fundamentalism......which is NOt the same animal you mention.....for many reasons....first and foremost it teaches that murdering the kafir is a kinda good thing to do...under any circumstance and without any rhyme or reason....

Complete fabrication and they killed him because of claims to raping Muslim women by British soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan, murders, etc.
The reason they killed him was motivated by this factors, created by extremist indoctrination

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:24 pm

It that cretin stalking me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:27 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:It that cretin stalking me?

Yet more excuses for not being able to counter.

Keep it going son, I am able to refute countless of your incorrect points, I suggest you get used to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down