NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favourite alcoholic drink?

+7
Stooo
Andy
groomsy
Ben Reilly
eddie
Original Quill
Fluffyx
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is your favourite alcoholic drink? Empty What is your favourite alcoholic drink?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:54 am

Mine is Vodka!

Russian Standard Vodka
1 lt (£22.00)
Rollback

£17.00(£17.00 per lt)

Product Code: 2315479

Imperial quality standard. Distilled & bottled in Russia. Vodka At the Imperial Court in St Petersburg, the Tsars of Russia were legendary for demanding only the finest in luxury and quality. Their national spirit, vodka, was no exception. In 1894, Dmitri Mendeleev, the greatest scientist in all Russia received the decree to set the Imperial quality standard for Russian vodka and the 'Russian Standard' was born. Today, in St Petersburg, our state-of-the-art distillery allows us to bring this vodka heritage into the 21st Century. Using winter wheat from the Russian Steppes, pure glacial water from Lake Ladoga and advanced distillation technology, we have created the genuine taste of Russian vodka that is once again being celebrated throughout the world.

...I have a few bottles coming on Saturday, just couldn't resist the roll back, because it's only about £1.50 more that their own brand vodka!  Razz

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite alcoholic drink? Empty Re: What is your favourite alcoholic drink?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:06 am

Doug said....Well if i can persuade you to have it during the day, it might spark you up to mow the lawn!

...I said, well if the ---- next door isn't out, else i'll be screaming at him being a cat poisoner...We don't get on at all.

Perhaps i should just accept that there will be a row anyway!

LOL

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite alcoholic drink? Empty Re: What is your favourite alcoholic drink?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:12 am

....I will rev up the hedge trimmer, and i will be waving it above my head, if the RW ---- starts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:21 pm

Rose Wine because i'm a lightweight  cheers ::cheerlead::

CatMan you are brave,I can't even drink vodka,it makes me ill  Embarassed 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:31 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:Rose Wine because i'm a lightweight  cheers ::cheerlead::

CatMan you are brave,I can't even drink vodka,it makes me ill  Embarassed 

I have a high pain/ tolerance threshold, a dentist said that, she then went on to get struck off, nothing to do with me, but i read it in the local newspaper.

My grandfather used to swear by a bottle of scotch a night, lived into his 90's!  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:58 pm

I like vodka. If kept cold, in the freezer.

But favouite? Tobermory.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:04 pm

Whiskey.
In fact, after the week I've had, I may partake in a drop in a minute.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:I like vodka.  If kept cold, in the freezer.

But favouite?  Tobermory.

What the hell is that?  Laughing 

That reminds me of the wombles of Wimbledon!  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:06 pm

I can't just choose one, don't try to force me.

So a few:

What is your favourite alcoholic drink? Remy-martin-vsop What is your favourite alcoholic drink? Yhst-43357575186341_2267_565404342 What is your favourite alcoholic drink? 1457 What is your favourite alcoholic drink? Powers What is your favourite alcoholic drink? Bottle-eljimador_repo What is your favourite alcoholic drink? Shiner_bock What is your favourite alcoholic drink? Guinness
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:08 pm

You blokes are hardcore !  ::sexbnan: 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:07 pm

i drink blood
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:14 pm

groomsy wrote:i drink blood

:asvampas: :asvampas: :asvampas: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:19 pm

And you're a vampire lol! 

I myself like fruit flavoured water,i'm just a crazy gal,it's true.

Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:23 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:

Hooch?

Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Wine = White Zinfandel
Beer = Peroni
Spirit = sambuka
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:45 pm

@Ben

What the hell is martini??? Can't decide if it's wine, spirits, nasty tasting shite....

And jamesons! Nice!! Bit sweeter than whiskey though.

What is the typical whiskey drunk in Texas?
I like famous grouse
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:55 pm

Catman wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Hooch?

Laughing 

What's Hooch?

I stick to my wine and am perfectly content but alcohol is not my buzz ::=|Q:: 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:56 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Wine = White Zinfandel
Beer = Peroni
Spirit = sambuka

Oh gosh sambuka that's strong  ::alahoo:: 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:59 pm

HtmbE reckons sambuka is tthe best cure for priaprism!
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stooo Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:00 pm

Watered wine...
Stooo
Stooo
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Handy Andy wrote:HtmbE reckons sambuka is tthe best cure for priaprism!

Does this happen to you often? lol! 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:04 pm

I used to perform trice weekly.
Then it became tries weekly.
These days it is tries weakly!
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Handy Andy wrote:I used to perform trice weekly.
Then it became tries weekly.
These days it is tries weakly!

Oh dear  

Well..at least you try!! ://?roflmao?/: 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:09 pm

always thought you were "bats"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:10 pm

mine is Calvados....

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:13 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Catman wrote:

Hooch?

Laughing 

What's Hooch?

What's your buzz then?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:21 pm

eddie wrote:@Ben

What the hell is martini??? Can't decide if it's wine, spirits, nasty tasting shite....

I like famous grouse

A martini is, I believe, a coctail made with gin (or sometimes vodka) and vermouth, along with garnishments. I don't drink them myself, nor many cocktails at all -- maybe the occasional rum and Coke.

Typical whiskey consumed in Texas would be bourbon or something similar like Jack Daniel's. Really, the most popular alcoholic beverage here is beer, though wine's catching up -- we have a lot of vineyards. Most of the beer is the piss-poor American domestic shit (carbonated gnat urine), but that Shiner Bock I pictured above is a locally brewed beer that is quite a bit better.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:22 pm

Meant to add re: grouse, Laphroaig is really catching on down here as well, though it's expensive as all get-out.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Stooo Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:25 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:@Ben

I like famous grouse

A martini is, I believe, a coctail made with gin (or sometimes vodka) and vermouth, along with garnishments. I don't drink them myself, nor many cocktails at all -- maybe the occasional rum and Coke.

Typical whiskey consumed in Texas would be bourbon or something similar like Jack Daniel's. Really, the most popular alcoholic beverage here is beer, though wine's catching up -- we have a lot of vineyards. Most of the beer is the piss-poor American domestic shit (carbonated gnat urine), but that Shiner Bock I pictured above is a locally brewed beer that is quite a bit better.

Gin and dry vermouth. Wipe the glass with a fresh lemon slice and make one part of gin to two parts of dry vermouth. Chill with ice and stir with an olive. Never shake, always stir...
Stooo
Stooo
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:26 pm

eddie wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

What's Hooch?

What's your buzz then?

Er..something else  cheers 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:58 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Meant to add re: grouse, Laphroaig is really catching on down here as well, though it's expensive as all get-out.

Never heard of Laphroaig??? Doesn't even sound American - more like Irish!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:59 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
eddie wrote:

What's your buzz then?

Er..something else  cheers 

Hahahahahahaha  :::grouch:: 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:10 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Meant to add re: grouse, Laphroaig is really catching on down here as well, though it's expensive as all get-out.

Never heard of Laphroaig??? Doesn't even sound American - more like Irish!

Et's Scawt-tesh! Pretty good stuff too, very flavorful:

http://www.masterofmalt.com/distilleries/laphroaig-whisky-distillery/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:30 am

Catman wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I like vodka.  If kept cold, in the freezer.

But favouite?  Tobermory.

What the hell is that?  Laughing 

That reminds me of the wombles of Wimbledon!  Razz 

What is your favourite alcoholic drink? Tobermory

It's a salt water whiskey, from the Isle of Mull.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:01 am

Champers darlinks....not too dry...not too sweet.....just lots of it.....speaking of which.......oi waiter ...make it a large one....toot sweet.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:44 am

Actually went to the liquor store tonight and got some Laphraoig and some El Jimador; some confused looks from the clerk as well. Which leads me to

BEN'S RULES OF CONSUMING ALCOHOL:

1) Don't drink to get drunk. Drink to appreciate the artistry behind the creation of the beverage. (Corollary: Don't drink anything that has nothing to say for it besides "it's intoxicating." Life's too short)

2) Never drink beer from anything besides a glass. Even average beer tastes better from a glass than it does from the bottle or (shudder) the can.

3) Never drink liquor from a shot glass in one swallow. If it's worth putting in your body, it should be worth tasting as well.

Then again, I'm kind of a snob when it comes to these things. An evangelical snob Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:24 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually went to the liquor store tonight and got some Laphraoig and some El Jimador; some confused looks from the clerk as well. Which leads me to

1) Don't drink to get drunk. Drink to appreciate the artistry behind the creation of the beverage. (Corollary: Don't drink anything that has nothing to say for it besides "it's intoxicating." Life's too short)

2) Never drink beer from anything besides a glass. Even average beer tastes better from a glass than it does from the bottle or (shudder) the can.

3) Never drink liquor from a shot glass in one swallow. If it's worth putting in your body, it should be worth tasting as well.

Then again, I'm kind of a snob when it comes to these things. An evangelical snob Smile

Well sheeeeeyeeeeet.....me n bubba surely do like that there bud...theys even got them tgere special labels that get lit up when cold n ready to slurping.....surely we dos
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:36 am

Cass wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually went to the liquor store tonight and got some Laphraoig and some El Jimador; some confused looks from the clerk as well. Which leads me to

Well sheeeeeyeeeeet.....me n bubba surely do like that there bud...theys even got them tgere special labels that get lit up when cold n ready to slurping.....surely we dos

Bwahahaha! It's a scientific fact that the colder something is, the hardest it is to taste -- so it was a stroke of marketing genius for the piss-beer makers to come up with those labels, practically guaranteeing that consumers would chill it beyond the point of being able to taste it Smile

Don't get me wrong, I have been on the receiving end of the Bud beer bong. It's just not civilized Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:39 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Stooo wrote:..................

Gin and dry vermouth. Wipe the glass with a fresh lemon slice and make one part of gin to two parts of dry vermouth. Chill with ice and stir with an olive. Never shake, always stir...
 clown 

OOOH, lah de dah !!!

That sounds like a big girl's drink => take longer to mix then to drink !    ::happ:: 

The shaken-or-stirred debate is one of the great ones ... then there's also the "whether to bother with vermouth" debate, as Noel Coward proclaimed that a proper martini is a martini glass filled with gin and waved in the general direction of Italy, where a lot of vermouth is made ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:59 am

Sweet, you're a drinker after my own heart. I've taken advantage of a local store which sells a lot of different beer brands by the bottle; lets you put them into a carrier and charges you $8 for six. I've enjoyed so many that I couldn't even name now Smile None of those brewers looks familiar to me, are they pretty much Australian exclusives?

Still want to get ahold of a VB one of these days ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:24 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Sweet, you're a drinker after my own heart. I've taken advantage of a local store which sells a lot of different beer brands by the bottle; lets you put them into a carrier and charges you $8 for six. I've enjoyed so many that I couldn't even name now :)None of those brewers looks familiar to me, are they pretty much Australian exclusives?

There is a huge beer warehouse near my Dad that sells beers from all over the world and real ale: http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/

Went in there once and got hooked, I just never imagined that there were that many different ales. Have a look, bet you didn't either!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:26 am

Sassy wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Sweet, you're a drinker after my own heart. I've taken advantage of a local store which sells a lot of different beer brands by the bottle; lets you put them into a carrier and charges you $8 for six. I've enjoyed so many that I couldn't even name now :)None of those brewers looks familiar to me, are they pretty much Australian exclusives?

There is a huge beer warehouse near my Dad that sells beers from all over the world and real ale:  http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/

Went in there once and got hooked, I just never imagined that there were that many different ales.    Have a look, bet you didn't either!

OK, so now I have to come to the U.K. and Oz just to get drunk Smile I understand people sort of expect that from we Americans anyhow ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:28 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Sweet, you're a drinker after my own heart. I've taken advantage of a local store which sells a lot of different beer brands by the bottle; lets you put them into a carrier and charges you $8 for six. I've enjoyed so many that I couldn't even name now Smile None of those brewers looks familiar to me, are they pretty much Australian exclusives?

Victoria's bitter? You bet she was after Albert died.

Boom boom

And with that I have finished watching my back episodes of Anthony Bourdain so I'm off to the land of nod...

Later gators xx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:29 am

Cass wrote:

Victoria's bitter?  You bet she was after Albert died.

Boom boom

And with that I have finished watching my back episodes of Anthony Bourdain so I'm off to the land of nod...

Later gators xx

Wuss, I'm an hour ahead of you and I'm still making my fingers type ... stuff ... Smile

Night Cass!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:35 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:
Boom boom

Later gators xx

Wuss, I'm an hour ahead of you and I'm still making my fingers type ... stuff ... Smile

Night Cass!

Hey you don't work with asshats I work with.....wuss my arse (which is jolly nice btw) - besides if it ain't too windy ill be out trimming my Bush....es......okay too much bubbly.....bite x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:37 am

Cass wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:
Boom boom

Later gators xx

Night Cass!

Hey you don't work with asshats I work with.....wuss my arse (which is jolly nice btw) - besides if it ain't too windy ill be out trimming my Bush....es......okay too much bubbly.....bite x

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Stay awesome, Cass Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:43 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Sassy wrote:

There is a huge beer warehouse near my Dad that sells beers from all over the world and real ale:  http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/

Went in there once and got hooked, I just never imagined that there were that many different ales.    Have a look, bet you didn't either!

OK, so now I have to come to the U.K. and Oz just to get drunk :)I understand people sort of expect that from we Americans anyhow ...

Well, with American beers you kinda have to!  Wink 

You can order on line lol You know, that way you'd get to taste real beer!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next