NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you a Christian

+2
gerber
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

Are you a Christian  Empty Are you a Christian

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:03 pm

Thought I would ask obviously i am a Christian just wondered how many others are  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Are you a Christian  Empty Re: Are you a Christian

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:07 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Thought I would ask obviously i am a Christian just wondered how many others are  cheers 

Are you back Dibs?

Is the man coming back?

It's good to see you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Hey VOD! As you know, I don't have a religious faith these days. However, I was raised Roman Catholic and still consider myself to be somewhat culturally a Catholic -- you can't spend three decades in a belief system and not have some of it rub off on you. Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Shady wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:Thought I would ask obviously i am a Christian just wondered how many others are  cheers 

Are you back Dibs?

Is the man coming back?

It's good to see you.

thank you Shady and good to see you too, hubby isn't coming back Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:29 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Hey VOD! As you know, I don't have a religious faith these days. However, I was raised Roman Catholic and still consider myself to be somewhat culturally a Catholic -- you can't spend three decades in a belief system and not have some of it rub off on you. Smile

My dad is exactly the same he said only yesterday ''once a catholic always a chatholic''

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:33 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Hey VOD! As you know, I don't have a religious faith these days. However, I was raised Roman Catholic and still consider myself to be somewhat culturally a Catholic -- you can't spend three decades in a belief system and not have some of it rub off on you. Smile

My dad is exactly the same he said only yesterday ''once a catholic always a chatholic''

Yeah, I still get on my best behavior whenever I see a nun around Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

if its anything like my dad had to endure he went to a Catholic school and they were wicked to him and the others there so i can understand being on best behaviour in the prescence of nuns .

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Are you a lieborite spy sent to ask the question before the election ?

Smile 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:55 pm

I could be  Suspect 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:04 pm

No but I was christened.

Sadly as I have grown older logic seems to dictate there is nothing to believe in.The end is the end.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:20 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

I bet you do Are you a Christian  Nun15 lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:29 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:No but I was christened.

Sadly as I have grown older logic seems to dictate there is nothing to believe in.The end is the end.

Aquaphobe...... Twisted Evil 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:31 pm

gerber wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:No but I was christened.

Scared of water? cheers 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:39 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
gerber wrote:

Scared of water? cheers 

Yep, another term " Mucky pup "  lol! 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:43 pm

Was christened in the Church of England, did Sunday school until I was 10; was in the church boys brigade; have a massive interest in Biblical stories in general.

But not a Christian Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:54 pm

Was raised a practicing Catholic, which many of my family still are very much practicing Catholics and very much respect the fact they are religious and Christian.

My Mother always called me her prodigal son, in a nice way not in regards to the story but in the hope I return to the Christian faith, to her I am still a Christian, but to me I am atheist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:05 pm

thanks most people are Christened but it doesn't make them a Christian .

My grandson was dedicated to the Lord in a CoE church he wore his daddy's traditonal Christening gown which was hand made by his Godmother and was 26 years old . I kept it just in case any of my grandchildren would wear it and i was so proud when my son asked for it for his son . After 26 years it was still pure white and in perfect condition and he looked just a beautiful as his daddy on the day of his christening .
I thought it was a lovely thing to do because with it being a traditional gown they are not very popular but it was a proud and emotional moment seeing my grandson wearing it .

Not sure why i mentioned about that but thought it was nice to share x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:08 pm

I was christened a Catholic, but my father was a protestant so did church lads brigade etc in church of England.

When my parents divorced i had a few years break from the church, but returned to the Catholic faith, by choice, in my early teens where i was a regular church goer and was eventually confirmed.

I left in my mid/late teens and now consider myself to be an athiest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:43 pm

gerber wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Scared of water? cheers 

Yep, another term  " Mucky pup "  lol! 

How very dare you  lol! 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:50 pm

Catman wrote:I was christened a Catholic, but my father was a protestant so did church lads brigade etc in church of England.

When my parents divorced i had a few years break from the church, but returned to the Catholic faith, by choice, in my early teens where i was a regular church goer and was eventually confirmed.

Thank you i think the Catholic religion is very oppressive , when i lived in Malta i used to hate the Sunday services really boring and drawn out .
As a little girl i remember one Sunday me and my cousin were sat right at the back of the church eating smarties and just as it was deadly silent i dropped the box and they went all over the place  affraid 

ha ha the priest wasn't amused , but we couldn't stop giggling . It passed the time away though  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:54 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Catman wrote:I was christened a Catholic, but my father was a protestant so did church lads brigade etc in church of England.

Thank you i think the Catholic religion is very oppressive , when i lived in Malta i used to hate the Sunday services really boring and drawn out .
As a little girl i remember one Sunday me and my cousin were sat right at the back of the church eating smarties and just as it was deadly silent i dropped the box and they went all over the place  affraid 

ha ha the priest wasn't amused , but we couldn't stop giggling . It passed the time away though  lol! 

Yea...My mum went to a school that was run by nuns and didn't like her time there at all.

You should try sitting at the front of the church, when they were swinging that incense shit around, and trying not to cough!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:55 pm

I'm not a Christian but if and when I pop my cloggs and end up standing on a trapdoor and there really is a big guy standing there with his hands on a lever then I will say - yes, I am a Christian, always have been always will be.

::lies:: 
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Irn Bru wrote:I'm not a Christian but if and when I pop my cloggs and end up standing on a trapdoor and there really is a big guy standing there with his hands on a lever then I will say - yes, I am a Christian, always have been always will be.

::lies:: 

Summed up perfectly  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:02 pm

Catman wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Yea...My mum went to a school that was run by nuns and didn't like her time there at all.

You should try sitting at the front of the church, when they were swinging that incense shit around, and trying not to cough!  Laughing 

ha ha been there done that , that's why we sat at the back , it was much more fun .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Catman wrote:

ha ha been there done that , that's why we sat at the back , it was much more fun .

I used to go to church with the Irish Catholics that lived next door, they would always insist on sitting at the front! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:07 pm

I kind of agree with Veya on this one........"magic sky giant master".....I just can't believe it but I do respect other's right to their faith  Are you a Christian  I_m_so13 it just doesn't stack up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:56 pm

feelthelove wrote:I kind of agree with Veya on this one........"magic sky giant master".....I just can't believe it but I do respect other's right to their faith  Are you a Christian  I_m_so13 it just doesn't stack up.

that's okay thanks for replying , its down to personal experience also and circumstances which is how i became a believer .

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:59 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
feelthelove wrote:I kind of agree with Veya on this one........"magic sky giant master".....I just can't believe it but I do respect other's right to their faith  Are you a Christian  I_m_so13 it just doesn't stack up.

that's okay thanks for replying , its down to personal experience also and circumstances which is how i became a believer .

Monkey or Vicar ?

xx
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:10 pm

gerber wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Monkey or Vicar ?

xx

explain please gerber  Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:11 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
gerber wrote:

Monkey or Vicar ?

xx

Remember the Banana Splits ?

gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:45 pm

gerber wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Remember the Banana Splits  ?

yeah i do

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:47 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
gerber wrote:

Remember the Banana Splits  ?

yeah i do

In that case you will remember the Monkeys.............. " I'm a believer "........ lol

xx
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:58 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

I was never Christened, raised skeptical agnostic  geek  Science always ruled  study 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down