NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Are You "Pushed Out"?

4 posters

Go down

When Are You "Pushed Out"? Empty When Are You "Pushed Out"?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:15 pm

24th March 2014

The most important crime figures are those where the people are asked if crime is going down and do they feel safer, apparently.

In law people are always asked about "if a reasonable person" would do this or that.

If you "feel threatened" you can act.

Ok...

...so when English people say they feel discriminated against or feel pushed out or feel like foreigners in their own country - why do the left laugh at them and try and belittle them?

Back to top Go down

When Are You "Pushed Out"? Empty Re: When Are You "Pushed Out"?

Post by Fluffyx Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Do YOU feel pushed out?

Is this a thread regarding immigration? Neutral 

I am very left wing or at least consider myself to be but would never laugh at your view or dismiss it,everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I think a multicultural Britain is very important as it makes us more tolerant and understanding of other cultures. Also it widens our own perception and enriches our lives to encounter different people with different cultures. Smile 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:36 pm

I wonder how it's possible to feel like a foreigner in your own country when you're White British and so are 87 percent of your fellow citizens.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:38 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:Do YOU feel pushed out?

I am very left wing or at least consider myself to be but would never laugh at your view or dismiss it,everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I think a multicultural Britain is  very important as it makes us more tolerant and understanding of other cultures. Also it widens our own perception and enriches our lives to encounter different people with different cultures. Smile 

...nice one FB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:39 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:Do YOU feel pushed out?

I think a multicultural Britain is  very important as it makes us more tolerant and understanding of other cultures. Also it widens our own perception and enriches our lives to encounter different people with different cultures. Smile 

I keep asking this, but NEVER get a sensible answer

EXACTLY what benefits have we gained from "multiculuralism" that, given the communications of today, given the wide use of travel, we would not have aquired in some other way??

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:56 pm

The advantage of multi whatever.............. don't agree we have any, but one thing we don't do anymore is queue politely and respect our elders in said queue. We - note not being the Royal We.............. Me does and gets infuriated when most others don't.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:01 pm

Tell me one time when people weren't engaged in migrating around the world, interacting with other cultures, learning from one another, sharing innovations, collaborating, etc.

Human beings don't tend to sit still in one place and rot away, thank goodness. The ideal world of people who are against multiculturalism is a stagnant, boring place.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:10 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Tell me one time when people weren't engaged in migrating around the world, interacting with other cultures, learning from one another, sharing innovations, collaborating, etc.

Human beings don't tend to sit still in one place and rot away, thank goodness. The ideal world of people who are against multiculturalism is a stagnant, boring place.

I think we perhaps define "multiculturalism" differently???

migrating around, interacting, learning from, sharing innovations etc is not multiculturalism...but trade???

multiculturalism...the enforced imposition of tolerance for the habits, religion, requirements, of a significantly large proportion of immigrants on a "native" population. A REQUIREMENT to be careful of "their " sensitivities, even to the point of curbing our (admittedly at times sick) sense of humour. A continued attempt to bury the evident, obvious but closely covered wrongs that get perpetrated...with false figures and appeals to supposed "fairness".

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:12 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Tell me one time when people weren't engaged in migrating around the world, interacting with other cultures, learning from one another, sharing innovations, collaborating, etc.

migrating around, interacting, learning from, sharing innovations etc is not multiculturalism...but trade???

multiculturalism...the enforced imposition of tolerance for the habits, religion, requirements, of a significantly large proportion of a "native" population. A REQUIREMENT to be careful of "their " sensitivities, even to the point of curbing our (admittedly at times sick) sense of humour. A continued attempt to bury the evident, obvious but closely covered wrongs that get perpetrated...with false figures and appeals to supposed "fairness".

It seems you've made up your own definition!

multiculturalism  

mul·ti·cul·tur·al·ism [muhl-tee-kuhl-cher-uh-liz-uhm, muhl-tahy-] Show IPA
noun
the state or condition of being multicultural.
the preservation of different cultures or cultural identities within a unified society, as a state or nation.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/multiculturalism
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:17 pm

OK British Culture is of gender equality in inheritance.

Now the law society has drawn up standards for Sharia inheritance allowing (among other things) females to not inherit based on nothing but their gender.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:27 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

multiculturalism...the enforced imposition of tolerance for the habits, religion, requirements, of a significantly large proportion of a "native" population. A REQUIREMENT to be careful of "their " sensitivities, even to the point of curbing our (admittedly at times sick) sense of humour. A continued attempt to bury the evident, obvious but closely covered wrongs that get perpetrated...with false figures and appeals to supposed "fairness".

It seems you've made up your own definition!

multiculturalism  

mul·ti·cul·tur·al·ism  [muhl-tee-kuhl-cher-uh-liz-uhm, muhl-tahy-]  Show IPA
noun
the state or condition of being multicultural.
the preservation of different cultures or cultural identities within a unified society, as a state or nation.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/multiculturalism

the doctrine that several different cultures (rather than one national culture) can coexist peacefully and equitably in a single country
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=multiculturalism

yet another.....

where a doctrine is....doctrine - a belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school of thought

in other words a political construct....not a "natural state"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:48 am

As our foreign friends who enjoy jumping in to the UK threads can see - white Brits (and other Brits) who have lived here all their lives and whose parents and grandparents did before them can see many many changes in everyday life, none of them beneficial.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:56 am

victorisnotamused wrote:

multiculturalism...the enforced imposition of tolerance for the habits, religion, requirements, of a significantly large proportion of  immigrants on a "native" population. A REQUIREMENT to be careful of "their " sensitivities, even to the point of curbing our (admittedly at times sick) sense of humour. A continued attempt to bury the evident, obvious but closely covered wrongs that get perpetrated...with false figures and appeals to supposed "fairness".

another great post...

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:48 am

gerber wrote:The advantage of multi whatever..............  don't agree we have any, but one thing we don't do anymore is queue politely and respect our elders in said queue.  We - note not being the Royal We..............  Me does and gets infuriated when most others don't.

I speak very loudly when that happens Gerbs! Hate queue jumpers almost as much as woolly ones.

I am no racist nor an RW but......
Sometimes as a British citizen I DO feel pushed out.
Sometimes I know, that no matter how clever my boy is (and he is) he is still going to have to fight and fight some more for the chance of a job.

And Ben? No disrespect, but unless you live in a country, you cannot ever possibly know the intricacies of life within that country.
Reading about it, however extensively, does not equate to the same as living the life there.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:11 pm

One point for Ben and others - when you read about Britain, why not read the comments and posts of British people?

Why read articles from The Guardian, The Daily Mail or the BBC and then say you have read about our country?

I agree with what you say gerber and eddie - the great British tradition of fairness (queuing being right up there) is now lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down