NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yeovil man who falsely claimed pub had banned armed forces awaits sentencing

2 posters

Go down

Yeovil man who falsely claimed pub had banned armed forces awaits sentencing   Empty Yeovil man who falsely claimed pub had banned armed forces awaits sentencing

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:35 am

A YEOVIL man who published malicious abuse about a pub on a controversial website has appeared in court.
Joshua Bonehill-Paine claimed that The Globe public house in Leicester had banned members of the British armed forces in a bid to ease community tensions and not to offend the local Islamic community.
He made further threats to firebomb the premises and to send groups of people round to cause damage which were taken so seriously by the manager that he closed the pub and sent his staff home.
When he reopened the pub the threats were continuing so he had to employ security staff as protection, Somerset Magistrates were told.
The 21-year-old, of Hudson Road, pleaded guilty to sending an electronic communication, namely a fake newspaper article, to The Globe public house in Leicester for the purpose of causing distress or anxiety to the recipient or other person at Yeovil between August 15 and August 18.
He also admitted two further offences of making malicious communications in sending threatening Facebook messages to Philip Mallard and Richard Becksworth on dates between July 2013 and January 2014 and asked them to be taken into consideration.
A fourth allegation that he posted abusive Facebook messages about UKIP leader Nigel Farage was withdrawn when he appeared in the dock before the court at Yeovil.
Prosecutor Christine Hart said that on August 17 last year the manager of The Globe public house started to receive phone calls from members of the public.
“He was confused about this until he heard that staff had been telephoned and told that an article had been published on a website that put the pub in a bad light,” she said.
“It was entitled “Pub Owners Ban British Soldiers” and falsely stated that the owners of the pub had banned members of the armed services from their pub to avoid community tensions, and out of respect for the Islamic community.
“This was wholly inaccurate and as a result there was substantial distress caused to the owners of the public house.”
She said that there were also a number of abusive threats made including one to firebomb the pub and bring groups of people there to cause damage.
“The owner felt that the staff should be sent home and the pub did not open, but the following day he opened up, but as the threats continued door staff had to be employed to stop any potential abuse.
“Enquiries revealed that the website belonged to Bonehill-Paine and he was the one who made these false allegations.
“He was interviewed by police about the matter and has now admitted it and set out his reasons as to why he did it.”
She said that the two other offences taken into consideration arose as a result of allegations made to two other people on social networking sites.
“Since this matter has come to court there has been a great deal of communication on social network sites between Bonehill-Paine and a number of other people,” she said.
“This has resulted in an escalation of tension between these parties and the defendant and there are ongoing investigations in respect of some of these comments.”
Defending solicitor Michaela Rose said there was a lot of background to the matter but anticipated the Bench would want a probation report before they sentenced Bonehill-Paine.
“There is a lot of background as to why it escalated to that point and that will be dealt with at the sentencing hearing,” she said.
“All people involved in social networking need to take heed and refrain from communication while this case is ongoing.”
The magistrates adjourned the case until April 4 for a pre sentence report to be prepared and released the defendant on unconditional bail.

Read more: http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Moronic-Yeovil-man-threatened-firebomb-pub-posted/story-20816894-detail/story.html#ixzz2wgd6FDl9

What an idiot and shows the damage and effect poor lies have when promoted again with people of prejudice, they seek to fuel anger and divide society

Back to top Go down

Yeovil man who falsely claimed pub had banned armed forces awaits sentencing   Empty Re: Yeovil man who falsely claimed pub had banned armed forces awaits sentencing

Post by eddie Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:47 pm

I am on Facebook and quite often these false stories start to circulate.
I always look them up, find they're false and tell the person who has posted it or 'shared' it.

A typical one was, at Christmas, a picture of the Nativity was put up with claims that a Muslim group, were complaining to Facebook and trying to get the picture taken down as it "offended them"

I commented that I doubted this to be true as I had never come across one Muslim that had ever had a problem with Christmas!
I got a little hounded.
So I googled it on snopes and myth busters and posted up the proof that it was, in fact, a falsehood.

I don't mind legitimate concerns and worries, I have my own, but not when people exaggerate or lie to propagate a fear in people!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Yeovil man who falsely claimed pub had banned armed forces awaits sentencing   Empty Re: Yeovil man who falsely claimed pub had banned armed forces awaits sentencing

Post by Andy Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Ahh, Josh Bonehead.
The same guy avidly supported by Allakaka, Sawyer, and Hugh on the dark side.
Sounds like a charmer.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:40 pm

eddie wrote:I am on Facebook and quite often these false stories start to circulate.
I always look them up, find they're false and tell the person who has posted it or 'shared' it.

A typical one was, at Christmas, a picture of the Nativity was put up with claims that a Muslim group, were complaining to Facebook and trying to get the picture taken down as it "offended them"

I commented that I doubted this to be true as I had never come across one Muslim that had ever had a problem with Christmas!
I got a little hounded.
So I googled it on snopes and myth busters and posted up the proof that it was, in fact, a falsehood.

I don't mind legitimate concerns and worries, I have my own, but not when people exaggerate or lie to propagate a fear in people!

Yep. Total propaganda.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down