NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armed forces told to use gender-neutral language

3 posters

Go down

Armed forces told to use gender-neutral language  Empty Armed forces told to use gender-neutral language

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:11 am

Members of the armed forces are being told to avoid gendered language like "mankind" and "sportsmanship" in favour of neutral terms.

Guidelines are displayed in the toilets of a base which trains members of the Amy, Navy and RAF.

Among the suggestions is to use "ancestors" or "forebears" instead of forefathers.

It also offers "people, folks, friends" as alternatives to "chap".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/27/armed-forces-told-use-gender-neutral-language/

Ridiculous.

It also does not say if anyone is going to be disciplined over this forced use of PC, if they do not conform??

Back to top Go down

Armed forces told to use gender-neutral language  Empty Re: Armed forces told to use gender-neutral language

Post by nicko Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:02 am

Should consider the American use of the words "Oh Man" witch I hear constantly.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Armed forces told to use gender-neutral language  Empty Re: Armed forces told to use gender-neutral language

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:04 am

nicko wrote:Should consider the American use of the words  "Oh Man" witch I hear constantly.

What gets me, is the forced nature of this. In a place where we are supposed to be toughening up people, in order to make them ready for combat. Not look to the sensitivities of people. Its a completely dumb excercize.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:22 am

nicko wrote:Should consider the American use of the words  "Oh Man" witch I hear constantly.

I guess there won't be many exercise to Oman anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:41 pm

I'v been there, it's full of Arabs !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:18 pm

Didge wrote:

What gets me, is the forced nature of this.

Um...I think the military is run by command. It's par for the course.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

What gets me, is the forced nature of this.

Um...I think the military is run by command.  It's par for the course.

On words that are not banned in public life

Are you saying the words are comparable to swear words?#

So its not par of the course and forcing people to say things they have no need to say.

Its just to the sensitivities of some easily upset idiots.

Well they can fuck off

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:41 pm

nicko wrote:I'v been there, it's full of Arabs !  

Yeah and sand

Sand and arabs seem to go hand in hand

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Didge wrote:Members of the armed forces are being told to avoid gendered language like "mankind" and "sportsmanship" in favour of neutral terms.

Guidelines are displayed in the toilets of a base which trains members of the Amy, Navy and RAF.

Among the suggestions is to use "ancestors" or "forebears" instead of forefathers.

It also offers "people, folks, friends" as alternatives to "chap".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/27/armed-forces-told-use-gender-neutral-language/

Ridiculous.

It also does not say if anyone is going to be disciplined over this forced use of PC, if they do not conform??

The toilet is the best place to display crap like this. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Mentioning Toilets reminds of something I read over a Gents urinal, "If your reading this, your pissing all over your Shoes"...............wrong section I know !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:12 pm

Fuck it,..........words written on a Contraceptive Machine, "this is the worst Chewing Gum i'v ever tasted".
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down