NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gender Neutral Toilets

+6
Original Quill
JulesV
magica
Tommy Monk
nicko
HoratioTarr
10 posters

Go down

Gender Neutral Toilets Empty Gender Neutral Toilets

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:25 am

The trend for 'gender neutral' toilets is putting women's safety at risk and forcing them to queue longer, it was claimed last night.
Women have criticised the increasing number of the facilities, which can be used by both sexes, cropping up everywhere from theatres to police stations.
Yesterday the Barbican arts centre in London said it will review of its decision to scrap male and female toilets in favour of 'gender neutral' facilities after protests.
Signs outside its cinema have been changed to say 'gender-neutral with cubicles' and 'gender-neutral with urinals'.
The move prompted complaints from women, including BBC broadcaster Samira Ahmed who told the Barbican 'women have enough trouble with queues without imposing your politics'.
Gender-neutral toilets have been introduced in places including universities and hospitals in a bid to appear more inclusive to the transgender community.
Last night former Tory MP Ann Widdecombe called the Barbican's move 'absolutely pathetic'.
'It's all being done now to appease a very tiny minority of people who've taken up a grievance agenda,' she said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4385984/Fury-Barbican-Centre-ditches-male-female-toilets.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Gender Neutral Toilets Empty Re: Gender Neutral Toilets

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:28 am

I'm not keen on the idea. I think it might just enable pervy types to linger around in toilets when women want to use them. At least with the traditional 'ladies' a woman would feel relatively safe and know that any man in there could be reported or thrown out. I should think the majority of men wouldn't want to use a toilet that women used anyway.

Call me old fashioned, but I believe it should remain the ladies and gents.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:07 pm

I'd like to see a Women use the "basin" type mens urinal !!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:27 pm

How can it be 'gender neutral WITH URINALS'...!?

Why can't people just leave things the way they are...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:43 pm

No I wouldn't like neutral loos either. Men's toilets always stink, they will smell like men's urinals. Also I don't want to walk in on men weeing in urinals, not right for them either.

Leave them as they are, why fix what's not broken.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:15 pm

nicko wrote:I'd like to see a Women use the "basin" type mens urinal !!

Shockingly messy...
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:00 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:I'm not keen on the idea.   I think it might just enable pervy types to linger around in toilets when women want to use them.   At least with the traditional 'ladies' a woman would feel relatively safe and know that any man in there could be reported or thrown out.   I should think the majority of men wouldn't want to use a toilet that women used anyway.  

I find it strange that a perfectly reasonable opinion like this /\  /\  attracted a red stripe  Shocked  Shocked from someone who was too cowardly or lazy to take the trouble to say why they disagree with the post. The secrecy in which it was done, was childish too. Laughing

Sometimes a poster addresses several issues in a post and they get a red stripe, leaving them wondering what aspect of their post the other person disagrees with  .... part of the post,  most of it,  all of it or what?? Gender Neutral Toilets 2190311264  Gender Neutral Toilets 2190311264

The other day I praised Quill for his all round insight and was given a red stripe for it, probably by a jealous person who is not used to being praised? Or maybe the person thought I was taking sides in an argument?  I wasn't! I was merely giving plaudits to someone who I believe has great insight, which makes a refreshing change in this myopic little world of ours.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:16 pm

Personally I don't believe unisex loo's are necessary, except in very few particular cases.

I don't think men and women should urinate & sh*t in cubicles right next to each other. Gross and embarrassing!

Small kids  use  public loo's too. They would be vulnerable, to say the least.

And in a town centre I would not like to enter a loo & be confronted by a male homeless tramp. Just being honest!

Keep things as they are.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:28 pm

I remember in Eastern Turkey they had a "bombsight" toilet, suitable for women and men.  All the better hotels had them.

Gender Neutral Toilets 7059aab260497035c2648062f0ac6ca7 Gender Neutral Toilets CRH1_toilet

That was not too long ago.  I guess they've up-dated them.  If we just go back to the simpler ways, we could accommodate everyone.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Jules wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:I'm not keen on the idea.   I think it might just enable pervy types to linger around in toilets when women want to use them.   At least with the traditional 'ladies' a woman would feel relatively safe and know that any man in there could be reported or thrown out.   I should think the majority of men wouldn't want to use a toilet that women used anyway.  

I find it strange that a perfectly reasonable opinion like this /\  /\  attracted a red stripe  Shocked  Shocked from someone who was too cowardly or lazy to take the trouble to say why they disagree with the post. The secrecy in which it was done, was childish too. Laughing

Sometimes a poster addresses several issues in a post and they get a red stripe, leaving them wondering what aspect of their post the other person disagrees with  .... part of the post,  most of it,  all of it or what?? Gender Neutral Toilets 2190311264  Gender Neutral Toilets 2190311264

The other day I praised Quill for his all round insight and was given a red stripe for it, probably by a jealous person who is not used to being praised? Or maybe the person thought I was taking sides in an argument?  I wasn't! I was merely giving plaudits to someone who I believe has great insight, which makes a refreshing change in this myopic little world of ours.

Probably done for spite. Perhaps the person is one of those who wants to share a very intimate space with a complete stranger of the opposite sex? No accounting for taste...
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:01 am

We go to a few places, cafes and the like, that have shared toilets. One obvious example is on planes....4 unisex loos between 200 plus people. Shocked
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:05 am

Couldn't care less where I pee or who's in the next stall to me.
What difference does it really make?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:22 am

OK. So YOU don't mind, eddie. What about your daughter (if you have one)? Say she needs to nip urgently into a public toilet. Whilst she is sitting there, there is some half naked guy sitting right next to her, literally inches away in the next cubicle. Can you see where this is going?

I assure you, I am a very open-minded enlightened creature. I have no prejudices in life, whatsoever. Smile   But there is something that does not sit right with me regarding these types of loo's.

It's not the LGBT guys I am concerned about. It's the straight men, some of whom may possibly be perv's.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:30 am

These cubicles don't have doors?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:32 am

Erm... OK.
Night luv.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:34 am

Night hunny bun.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:38 am

Syl wrote:We go to a few places, cafes and the like, that have shared toilets. One obvious example is on planes....4 unisex loos  between 200 plus people. Shocked

They're single cubicles. Our local Tesco store has a problem with some perv drilling holes in the cubicles to ogle people taking a dump. You rarely find women doing that. I don't want to have to go for a wee and listen to some guy grunting, farting and dumping next to me, thanks. Nor do I fancy having to continually put the seat down after some guy's left it up. And perchance, I do need to drop my own kids off at the pool, I don't wish to do so with a male audience, ta very much.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:39 am

Original Quill wrote:I remember in Eastern Turkey they had a "bombsight" toilet, suitable for women and men.  All the better hotels had them.

Gender Neutral Toilets 7059aab260497035c2648062f0ac6ca7 Gender Neutral Toilets CRH1_toilet

That was not too long ago.  I guess they've up-dated them.  If we just go back to the simpler ways, we could accommodate everyone.

Totally useless for someone with bad knees!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:40 am

Some women's toilets are vile. The overflowing sanitary bins, the piss on the seats and not to mention the smell of rotten fish.
Let's be honest.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:41 am

eddie wrote:Couldn't care less where I pee or who's in the next stall to me.
What difference does it really make?

So YOU were that person sounding like a cart horse with a hose pipe in the cubicle next to me in Ye Auld geranium and Trumpet the other night?

Razz
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:43 am

eddie wrote:Some women's toilets are vile. The overflowing sanitary bins, the piss on the seats and not to mention the smell of rotten fish.
Let's be honest.

Dear God, it WAS you in the C..nt and Trumpet!!!!!!!!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:45 am

Guilty as charged. I was carrying around a rather large sea bass all night under a very sweaty armpit.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:48 am

eddie wrote:Some women's toilets are vile. The overflowing sanitary bins, the piss on the seats and not to mention the smell of rotten fish.
Let's be honest.

I can say hand on heart (I'm excluding the uni sex lavs at Glastonbury) that I've never seen a toilet that bad. However, I do recall walking into the unisex loo at Chorlton Baths and seeing shit smeared up the walls. How on earth someone felt the need to wipe their arse on the woodchip is beyond me. Having said that, they did have Bronco as the alternative...
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:51 am

eddie wrote:Guilty as charged.  I was carrying around a rather large sea bass all night under a very sweaty armpit.

Were you warbling "I Will Survive" and mumbling something about "giving that bastard on Newsfix a 'Crystal Gayle' next time he questioned your authority"?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:00 am

That was me. It was my best warbling too.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:45 pm

Jules wrote:
OK. So YOU don't mind, eddie. What about your daughter (if you have one)? Say she needs to nip urgently into a public toilet. Whilst she is sitting there, there is some half naked guy sitting right next to her, literally inches away in the next cubicle. Can you see where this is going?

I assure you, I am a very open-minded enlightened creature. I have no prejudices in life, whatsoever. Smile   But there is something that does not sit right with me regarding these types of loo's.

It's not the LGBT guys I am concerned about. It's the straight men, some of whom may possibly be perv's.

Rolling Eyes

Unisex/"Gender neutral" toilets and washrooms  have been increasingly available (though not exactly "common"..) down here since the 1970s,  mainly in universities, and some business workplaces...

In addition, many sporting venues, and certain places like sports facilities, night clubs, and motels and camping grounds  -- places that may experience large crowds from time to time --  may have "unisex toilets/bathrooms/washrooms" in addition to the regular "his and hers" facilities;  mainly to accommodate the fact that at times the queues for the Ladies can be a lot longer than for the Gents...

Having experienced some of these "unisex"  toilets/bathrooms over the years,  I can state for a fact that all of the negatives and suspicions expressed on here by a handful of British people of the female-type persuasion, are basically a load of paranoid and delusional nonsense and fears !

The kinds of potential problems mentioned on here simply aren't happening out in the real world..

Cleanliness/hygiene/smells ?  Privacy ? Security ?  "Pervs" ?
These are basically management and design issues.. And not isolated to any one gender..
(What ! Women can't be "perv's" ?)

Some pertinent facts :
*  Female facilities smell worse than the Gents --  just ask the Cleaners.
*  Female washrooms are often left in worse state the the male facilities.
*  Most "disabled" facilities are already unisex..
*  Most home toilets and bathrooms, ditto...              Arrow
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:07 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Jules wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Unisex/"Gender neutral" toilets and washrooms  have been increasingly available (though not exactly "common"..) down here since the 1970s,  mainly in universities, and some business workplaces...

In addition, many sporting venues, and certain places like sports facilities, night clubs, and motels and camping grounds  -- places that may experience large crowds from time to time --  may have "unisex toilets/bathrooms/washrooms" in addition to the regular "his and hers" facilities;  mainly to accommodate the fact that at times the queues for the Ladies can be a lot longer than for the Gents...

Having experienced some of these "unisex"  toilets/bathrooms over the years,  I can state for a fact that all of the negatives and suspicions expressed on here by a handful of British people of the female-type persuasion, are basically a load of paranoid and delusional nonsense and fears !

The kinds of potential problems mentioned on here simply aren't happening out in the real world..

Cleanliness/hygiene/smells ?  Privacy ?  Security ?  "Pervs" ?
These are basically management and design issues..  And not isolated to any one gender..
(What !  Women can't be "perv's"  ?)

Some pertinent facts :

"The female type persuasion"? How intriguing.

Are your pertinent facts taken from personal experience? You loiter in the ladies sniffing the seats, no doubt? How many cleaners have you personally asked, you loony tunes! "Oh, excuse me Cleaner of Female/Male Persuasion, can you confirm that the ladies lavs stink more than the gents? I need to know because I'm on a forum where I hate these British things of the female type persuasion who always seem to get the better of me and I need to get my facts straight before I make an utter arse of myself!"

How many times does it have to said that we're talking about toilets with cubicles here, not single toilets. Disabled toilets are single rooms, as are those in houses. Most public toilets are of the cubicle variety.

BTW...I think you find male pervs trump female type persuasion pervs a thousand to one. lol!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:17 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Let's be honest.

I can say hand on heart (I'm excluding the uni sex lavs at Glastonbury) that I've never seen a toilet that bad.    However, I do recall walking into the unisex loo at Chorlton Baths and seeing shit smeared up the walls.    How on earth someone felt the need to wipe their arse on the woodchip is beyond me.   Having said that,  they did have Bronco as the alternative...

I think maybe if the toilets are unisex the men may leave them in a better condition....I have such faith in mankind. grin angel

I went in a ladies loo once and the farting and grunting and sighing from the next cubicle was pretty full on. I tried to do a quick wee and get out fast, but I had some complicated buttons going on and didn't make it out of the toilet before the next door occupant did.
The sweetest little old lady emerged from the cubicle, looking like butter wouldn't melt.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:19 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I can say hand on heart (I'm excluding the uni sex lavs at Glastonbury) that I've never seen a toilet that bad.    However, I do recall walking into the unisex loo at Chorlton Baths and seeing shit smeared up the walls.    How on earth someone felt the need to wipe their arse on the woodchip is beyond me.   Having said that,  they did have Bronco as the alternative...

I think maybe if the toilets are unisex the men may leave them in a better condition....I have such faith in mankind. grin angel

I went in a ladies loo once and the farting and grunting and sighing from the next cubicle was pretty full on. I tried to do a quick wee and get out fast, but I had some complicated buttons going on and didn't make it out of the toilet before the next door occupant did.
The sweetest little old lady emerged from the cubicle, looking like butter wouldn't melt.

Ah, the privilege of age!!!!! lol!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:19 pm

I have used men's toilets quite a few times, the single ones you get in cafes etc if the women's one is being used.
They're nearly always cleaner.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Most Costa coffee and Java coffee houses have unisex loos.
In paris I swear a mans urinal was in a sort of corridor next to a phone that I had to walk along to get to a unisex cubicle.

I have often walked in mens loos instead of ladies when the sign is depicted by a picture. Without glasses on sometimes a pair of trousers can look remarkably like a skirt.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Syl wrote:Most Costa coffee and Java coffee houses have unisex loos.
In paris I swear a mans urinal was in a sort of corridor next to a phone that I had to walk along to get to a unisex cubicle.

I have often walked in mens loos instead of ladies when the sign is depicted by a picture. Without glasses on sometimes a pair of trousers can look remarkably like a skirt.

They really don't. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:38 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Most Costa coffee and Java coffee houses have unisex loos.

They really don't. Rolling Eyes

Well you don't think I deliberately walk in the gents room to catch them weeing in the urinals do you?  Gender Neutral Toilets 1858517897

This would be a good sign for a unisex loo. Razz

Gender Neutral Toilets Man-Woman-font-b-Bathroom-b-font-WC-font-b-Sign-b-font-Bars-Pubs-Clubs
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:58 pm

I don't want to be standing at a urinal having a piss and have women walking in on me... and I also don't want to be having to queue up behind a load of women for a cubicle when they all take so bloody long just to have a piss when I am busting for a shit!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
I don't want to be standing at a urinal having a piss and have women walking in on me... and I also don't want to be having to queue up behind a load of women for a cubicle when they all take so bloody long just to have a piss when I am busting for a shit!!!

Eloquently put. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:01 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Jules wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Cleanliness/hygiene/smells ?  Privacy ?  Security ?  "Pervs" ?
These are basically management and design issues..  And not isolated to any one gender..
(What !  Women can't be "perv's"  ?)

Some pertinent facts :

There are confusing issues here. People are talking about two different things!

Gender neutral toilets which can only admit one person at a time (ie there is only one cubicle, and there is total privacy cos the user can lock himself / herself in ) .... are a completely different issue from communal neutral toilets with several cubicles.

Why should I take your word for it that nothing bad will happen? Something bad COULD happen wolfie! Esp where children are concerned. And in any case, even if nothing untoward happens, some people would just not be comfortable and relaxed.

Gender Neutral Toilets Unisex_toilet

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:14 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:  

Unisex/"Gender neutral" toilets and washrooms  have been increasingly available (though not exactly "common"..) down here since the 1970s,  mainly in universities, and some business workplaces... .....:

That label is another potential source of confusion ... does unisex mean the same as genderneutral?? Strictly speaking ''Uni'' means just one sex, like eg unicycle means one cycle  so it's the opposite of gender neutral. Perhaps the correct word should be something like omni-sex, (all sexes), to clear any confusion in debates

And in a drunken scenario, a stranger could harass someone!

Gender Neutral Toilets 6308b5ea7db713a9ba06e23608d63d7c

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:17 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

aka Robocrap....When one only has 20 seconds to comply!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:19 pm

Jules wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:  

Unisex/"Gender neutral" toilets and washrooms  have been increasingly available (though not exactly "common"..) down here since the 1970s,  mainly in universities, and some business workplaces... .....:

That label is another potential source of confusion ... does unisex  mean the same as genderneutral?? Strictly speaking ''Uni'' means just one sex, like eg unicycle means one cycle  so it's the opposite of gender neutral. Perhaps the correct word should be something like omni-sex, (all sexes), to clear any confusion in debates

I think too, a bunch of drunken ladettes could potentially make a man feel very uncomfortable at the urinal. Imagine the peals of laughter at the sight of his chipolata?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Eloquently put.  Twisted Evil

Just telling it how it is in straight talking plain English Quill...

Also... I'm 100% certain that no woman is going to want to be sitting in a cubicle next to me, or even being within 30 yards of me to be honest, when I'm in there 'dropping the payload'...!!!

Cos I know that I DON'T EVEN WANT TO BE IN THERE MYSELF!!!

It's enough to kill a rat within 10 paces...!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:27 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

aka Robocrap....When one  only has 20 seconds to comply!

lol!

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:28 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Jules wrote:

That label is another potential source of confusion ... does unisex  mean the same as genderneutral?? Strictly speaking ''Uni'' means just one sex, like eg unicycle means one cycle  so it's the opposite of gender neutral. Perhaps the correct word should be something like omni-sex, (all sexes), to clear any confusion in debates

I think too, a bunch of drunken ladettes could potentially make a man feel very uncomfortable at the urinal.   Imagine the peals of laughter at the sight of his chipolata?

If they all steamed in laughing... it'd be more like a button mushroom over a walnut!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:49 am

Jules wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:  

Idea

Nope...

The "uni" in unisex comes from the root word "universal",  and not from "unit" -- which means "one item"..

Since the term "unisex" came into common usage during the 1970s,  the word has always meant all sexes/genders  --  male, female or 'other/don't knows';  and not one of a  kind.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:04 am

Arrow

As for urinals...

The unisex/gender neutral toilets tend to have no urinals, but more cubicles instead.  With full height doors, so that "pervs" of either sex would have no hope..

And with those bathrooms/washrooms/changerooms that had showers as well -- ones that I've seen had doors as well.  Though I have heard of a couple of places that had open-planned showers in a couple of communal bathrooms (one was in one of the residential blocks at UNE at Armidale, NSW; the other at a remote camping ground..) --  even ifanyone there was shy or self-conscious, they simply wouldn't use those particular unisex showers, but wait to use a gender-specific washroom..

As for any untoward behaviour from anyone else, places like universities/colleges, night clubs and sports grounds are likely to have enough people around, that such potential problems simply aren't a genuine issue..

As for children, the "damgers" wouldn't be any different than with any other public toilets in general...  Only the perceptions of such 'dangers' would be the real issue..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:11 am

Got to be honest, I'm not a fan of the idea of gender neutral toilets.

I know planes have them, but they are also cleaned VERY regularly during most flights.

If I was a woman, the last thing I would want is to share a toilet with guys. Seriously girls, you have no idea how rancid, dirty and most of all smelly most public loos are (except in Japan, in Japan even the worst public toilets are a pleasant experience!). I don't know why most guys can't aim (although guilty as charged when drinking...), or how some even manage to dirty the walls (what the fuck do you do with the loo roll?!). I can imagine some ladies toilets aren't so nice but honestly they CANNOT be as bad as the gents...

There is the safety aspect too, which cannot be understated, especially when like someone above mentioned, a man has been drinking. Not most guys, most are fine, but some are just inconsiderate wankers...

The issue seems to come up due to trans issues- but honestly, they should just be aloud in the toilet of the gender they identify as, simple.

So no, not for mixed loos.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:30 pm

Eilzel wrote:Got to be honest, I'm not a fan of the idea of gender neutral toilets.

I know planes have them, but they are also cleaned VERY regularly during most flights.

If I was a woman, the last thing I would want is to share a toilet with guys. Seriously girls, you have no idea how rancid, dirty and most of all smelly most public loos are (except in Japan, in Japan even the worst public toilets are a pleasant experience!). I don't know why most guys can't aim (although guilty as charged when drinking...), or how some even manage to dirty the walls (what the fuck do you do with the loo roll?!). I can imagine some ladies toilets aren't so nice but honestly they CANNOT be as bad as the gents...

There is the safety aspect too, which cannot be understated, especially when like someone above mentioned, a man has been drinking. Not most guys, most are fine, but some are just inconsiderate wankers...

The issue seems to come up due to trans issues- but honestly, they should just be aloud in the toilet of the gender they identify as, simple.

So no, not for mixed loos.

Agree!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:42 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Jules wrote:

Idea

Nope...

The "uni" in unisex comes from the root word "universal",  and not from "unit" -- which means "one item"..

Since the term "unisex" came into common usage during the 1970s,  the word has always meant all sexes/genders  --  male, female or 'other/don't knows';  and not one of a  kind.

Nope!
'Universal' is not a root word and roots are not usually full words, they are usually prefixes and the term 'universal' is itself made out of two components including the root prefix 'uni'.

The prefix 'uni' in the terms unit/ unity/ unisex/ universe/ unicycle - means 'one' in every case and it ultimately comes from 'unus' which of course means 'one' in latin. Oh and if the term universe means 'everything', where does that leave words like multi-verse and omni-verse???? I only raised the matter as a point of interest, that's all. If you notice, I used the word 'unisex' myself, earlier. I just wondered if we were all using it wrongly, including me.

I'm no expert, I just like to be logical, that's all.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:19 pm

Jules is right.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:37 pm

I think the prefix of 'uni' is used to mean one, as opposed to several, or all.  A unisex bathroom, for example, comes to mean one-type for all.  And the term 'universal' doesn't mean all-inclusive, but Y'all got one choice...live with it.  Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:43 pm

Re different toilet habits between men and women.
I don't think I have ever known a woman who is happy to use a public toilet for anything more than a quick wee.....anything more heavy duty will only be performed in extreme emergencies.

Now men on the other hand are quite comfortable to use public toilets for bowel movements wherever and whenever.

Viva la difference.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down