NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former "ex-gay" minister announces he's not really "ex"

4 posters

Go down

Former "ex-gay" minister announces he's not really "ex" Empty Former "ex-gay" minister announces he's not really "ex"

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:43 pm

... and has the decency to apologize for the harm his hocus-pocus has caused:

So in 2003, I left the public ministry and gave up my role as a spokesman for the “ex-gay movement.” I began a new journey. In the decade since, my beliefs have changed. Today, I do not consider myself “ex-gay” and I no longer support or promote the movement. Please allow me to be clear: I do not believe that reparative therapy changes sexual orientation; in fact, it does great harm to many people.

I know that countless people were harmed by things I said and did in the past,

Parents, families, and their loved ones were negatively impacted by the notion of reparative therapy and the message of change. I am truly, truly sorry for the pain I have caused.

But really, judging by the photo that ran with his article, this guy could not not still be gay:

Former "ex-gay" minister announces he's not really "ex" John_paulk-620x412

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/25/conversion_therapy_advocate_issues_formal_apology_renounces_ex_gay_past/?source=newsletter
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Former "ex-gay" minister announces he's not really "ex" Empty Re: Former "ex-gay" minister announces he's not really "ex"

Post by Lurker Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:04 am

Well, I couldn't tell by just looking at the photo. There are a lot of straight guys that look that way. I applaud him for not living a lie anymore. It's sad that he ever felt compelled to deceive everyone with his charade.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Former "ex-gay" minister announces he's not really "ex" Empty Re: Former "ex-gay" minister announces he's not really "ex"

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:30 am

@luker
Really.... are you sure the other guys are straight? Suspect

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:06 am

I don't judge people by their looks. Their actions may cause me to pause and wonder about their sexuality, however. There are sensitive men who are straight as straight can be. It's just something I don't spend much time thinking about.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:40 am

I still don't get why gay is an issue at all
DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 01, 2013 2:33 am

@dr School
how else will you know u can trust them with your girlfriend? clown

I generally Like to know someone is gay because I tend to get along with them as I am pretty far left wing in my political opinions.

plus the tend to treat me like i would treat a pretty lady drunken free Drinks lol!
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:01 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@dr School
how else will you know u can trust them with your girlfriend? clown

I generally Like to know someone is gay because I tend to get along with them as I am pretty far left wing in my political opinions.

plus the tend to treat me like i would treat a pretty lady drunken free Drinks lol!

LOL

That's nice to know...being gay can be a bit of an issue for some on forums No

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Catman, one of the reasons this forum was started in the first place is because its first group of members wanted accountable, responsive admins and were tired of hanging out at forums that had either absentee or corrupt admins. What I'm trying to say is that if problems arise, we intend to be on that shit pronto!

Also, you just gave me an idea that I will soon post in Site Announcements. Thanks :D
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Catman, one of the reasons this forum was started in the first place is because its first group of members wanted accountable, responsive admins and were tired of hanging out at forums that had either absentee or corrupt admins. What I'm trying to say is that if problems arise, we intend to be on that shit pronto!

Also, you just gave me an idea that I will soon post in Site Announcements. Thanks :D

There are some awful forums on the net where all sorts of abuse is tolerated just for the traffic..In the Forumotion directory the one at number one is UK based where i used to be a member and eventually left due it's promotion of far right terror....A nasty racist and homophobic site which is best left to the hate mongers imo since Forumotion don't seem to have a problem with it even though it breaches their guidelines.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down