NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just saw Cypriot minister on sky news

+2
Maddog
Tommy Monk
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just saw Cypriot minister on sky news Empty Just saw Cypriot minister on sky news

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:52 pm

He says covid vaccination is not a requirement to travel to Cyprus.

He says anyone can come, but may need a clear PCR test before traveling depending on what category country they are coming from, red, orange or green.

He said UK is currently in orange category so only a clear PCR test would be needed, but that is all.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Just saw Cypriot minister on sky news Empty Re: Just saw Cypriot minister on sky news

Post by Maddog Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:54 pm

I think that's the way most of the Caribbean and Mexico is too. Travel money is too important to their economies to be excluding people.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Just saw Cypriot minister on sky news Empty Re: Just saw Cypriot minister on sky news

Post by Syl Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:47 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

He says covid vaccination is not a requirement to travel to Cyprus.

He says anyone can come, but may need a clear PCR test before traveling depending on what category country they are coming from, red, orange or green.

He said UK is currently in orange category so only a clear PCR test would be needed, but that is all.

Post a link Tommy....as far as I have heard Cyprus will require UK residents to show a Vaccination certificate or pay for a test to prove negativity.

"Will I be able to travel to Greece and Cyprus this summer?

The question over reopening tourism in Greece and Cyprus has become hopeful after the minister spoke about opening up boarders in Greece as early as May.

The tourism minister for Greece explained foreign visitors will need to have been vaccinated, provide a recent negative Covid-19 test or have antibodies for the virus.

The Cyprus government has also said travel will be permitted in May as long as travellers are fully vaccinated against coronavirus."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/travel-news-covid-green-red-list-spain-holidays-passports/
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/explained/when-can-i-travel-to-greece-cyprus-summer-holiday-2021/

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:33 pm

The guy was on sky news this afternoon.

I don't have a link.

But the above article also says a negative test will be enough to be able to travel.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:17 am

Tests are expensive, have to be done within 72 hours of flying, are not always reliable or results could be delayed.
Then the same procedure on return.

If you are fully vaccinated tests are not required.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:56 am

The point I was making is that a vaccine is not required.

And PCR tests are free!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:28 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

The point I was making is that a vaccine is not required.

And PCR tests are free!

These are the requirements.
Covid tests are not free for holidaying abroad. You would also need to be retested before the return journey.

"The tourism minister for Greece explained foreign visitors will need to have been vaccinated, provide a recent negative Covid-19 test or have antibodies for the virus.

The Cyprus government has also said travel will be permitted in May as long as travellers are fully vaccinated against coronavirus."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:20 am

That's not exactly what the Cypriot minister said on sky news yesterday afternoon...

And...

Get a free PCR test to check if you have coronavirus (COVID-19)

Use this service to get a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test if you have any of these 3 coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms:

a high temperature
a new, continuous cough
you’ve lost your sense of smell or taste or it’s changed

You can order a PCR test kit to be sent to your home or book an appointment at a walk-in or drive-through test site.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

So if you are near to departure date, could call up this service, say your taste and smell is a bit off, get the test and result, and then off on holiday!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:36 am

Why should the NHS pay for a test just so people can holiday abroad?
Dont you think they are under enough pressure?
You request a Covid test if you have symptoms.....not to enable you to go off on a jaunt .
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:50 am

They're doing over a million tests a day now, and only 2000 a day are coming back positive...

We are all paying for these tests through taxation... But I've never had one of these tests yet, so I won't feel at all bad for getting one done if I want to go away on holiday!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

They're doing over a million tests a day now, and only 2000 a day are coming back positive...

We are all paying for these tests through taxation... But I've never had one of these tests yet, so I won't feel at all bad for getting one done if I want to go away on holiday!

How incredibly mean spirited . You refuse to have the jab for selfish reasons, are you still under the illusion because you THINK you had Covid 15 months ago you are still protected in some way.  Rolling Eyes

Hopefully, by the time borders open to accept holidaymakers the NHS test result wont be accepted at airports....as I say, they are not testing people just so they can go away for a couple of weeks...testing done at their expense.

Incidentally....do you think the NHS will pay for your return test?  Laughing

From the NHS website...

Travelling abroad

If you're travelling abroad, you may need to get a test before you travel. You need to pay for a test privately and should not get a free test from the NHS.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/get-tested-for-coronavirus/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:10 pm

The only test I have done was when the NHS wrote requesting me to do one for their data.
It arrived in a box a couple of days later. At a designated time and date a courier picked up the completed test.

I got the result a few days ago...negative.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:31 pm

I have not been offered any vaccine.

And I won't be getting one if/when I am offered one either because firstly I don't think I need one, I have already had covid and my immune system has already successfully protected me from it, and is now in an even better state of protection because of this... secondly, I am probably at a higher risk of serious complications from any vaccine than I am from covid... thirdly, the longer term negative health impacts of these vaccines are still not known.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I have not been offered any vaccine.

And I won't be getting one if/when I am offered one either because firstly I don't think I need one, I have already had covid and my immune system has already successfully protected me from it, and is now in an even better state of protection because of this... secondly, I am probably at a higher risk of serious complications from any vaccine than I am from covid... thirdly, the longer term negative health impacts of these vaccines are still not known.

If you have genuine cause  to believe  that the vaccination could cause you serious health concerns, that's a valid reason not to have it.

Odd though that you have always insisted the reason you won't have the vaccine is because  you have already had (though were never diagnosed)  Cocid .

However that doesn't excuse you using the NHS to fund your holiday requirement, does it?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:47 pm

The main reason I won't have a vaccination is reason one... And because I have already successfully beaten it with my immune system plus it is now already primed and ready to protect me from it and/or beat it even better in future, then this is why reason two comes into play... And reason three has always been a consideration.

And it will be pure coincidence if I feel a little bit unwell and need a free PCR test for covid near to the date of any holiday I may have booked...

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:57 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

The main reason I won't have a vaccination is reason one... And because I have already successfully beaten it with my immune system plus it is now already primed and ready to protect me from it and/or beat it even better in future, then this is why reason two comes into play... And reason three has always been a consideration.

And it will be pure coincidence if I feel a little bit unwell and need a free PCR test for covid near to the date of any holiday I may have booked...

lol!

And what about the return journey 'Superman'?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:02 pm

We'll see... But at the moment it looks likely the UK will be on Cyprus's green list soon, and then a test won't even be needed at all!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

We'll see... But at the moment it looks likely the UK will be on Cyprus's green list soon, and then a test won't even be needed at all!!!

lol!

The Cyprus authorities have already laid down what will be expected., other holiday destinations will follow.

Either be prepared to get your arm or your wallet out Tommy....you know it makes sense. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:18 pm

People from green list countries will not need to show any test result... UK is currently on the Cypriots orange list, but it won't be long before we are on the green list!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:18 pm

This is the latest info from Cyprus, 27/4/2021....detailing what will be requested of travellers as from May 10th.
You are just HOPING Cyprus will change the regulations...just for you.  Laughing

"Looking for your next holiday destination? We might just have the spot for you, as Cyprus is set to allow vaccinated travellers to visit without tests or quarantining from Monday May 10.

While unvaccinated visitors from certain countries are expected to provide a negative PCR test 72 hours before departure, and take a second test upon arrival, those who have had their jab(s) will be able to visit the country test and quarantine free.

The exception to quarantine rules only applies to those who have been fully vaccinated with jabs approved by the European Medicines Agency – Moderna, Oxford/Astrazeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech and Janssen – or Sputnik V."

https://www.timeoutdoha.com/travel/465809-cyprus-vaccinated-travel-rules-latest-update-2021
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:28 pm

"...unvaccinated visitors from certain countries are expected to provide a negative PCR test 72 hours before departure, and take a second test upon arrival..."

We are currently on their orange list which means a test is required, but soon we will be on their green list and then no test will be required.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:45 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

"...unvaccinated visitors from certain countries are expected to provide a negative PCR test 72 hours before departure, and take a second test upon arrival..."

We are currently on their orange list which means a test is required, but soon we will be on their green list and then no test will be required.

Thats because visitors from some countries won't be allowed in at all. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:00 pm

I'm not sure that's true...

I think red list must be vaccinated as well as providing negative PCR tests, orange list is vaccinated are allowed without providing PCR test results while non vaccinated are allowed if they provide negative tests, and green list is open to all without vaccination or PCR tests required...

I may be wrong about red list criteria but I'm pretty sure I'm right about orange and green list requirements... And as I've already said, we are currently on their orange list, but will soon be on their green list!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:20 am

When/if that happens see if you can find a link to post.
Much better than hearsay. Wink

I have posted several up to date links on who Cyprus will welcome on May 10th and the conditions that must be met.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:58 am

The minister on sky said that people from 65 countries are already able to travel there...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:59 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

The minister on sky said that people from 65 countries are already able to travel there...

Tommy,I have already posted the most recent link of what the tourism minister for Greece has laid down as to requirements.....and that applies to every visitor.

"The question over reopening tourism in Greece and Cyprus has become hopeful after the minister spoke about opening up boarders in Greece as early as May.

The tourism minister for Greece explained foreign visitors will need to have been vaccinated, provide a recent negative Covid-19 test or have antibodies for the virus.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:47 pm

You may well have done...

All I'm posting is what the Cypriot minister said on the sky news interview.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:04 pm

Tommy, did you hear that Tom Hanks and his wife got Covid, and within a few months of recovering from it, they had hardly any antibodies against the virus in their blood?

You not only got ill more than a year ago -- you also don't know for sure you even had the disease.

All I'm trying to say is, you have no logical reason to be confident that you have any Covid immunity whatsoever.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat May 01, 2021 3:59 pm

Ben, many people don't have antibody's because the body's T cells kill off the virus before antibodies are needed to be developed.

I know I had it, and I worked in a hospital for a few months after this that were wheeling covid patients about, I mixed with the medics around the hospital and never got any illness there and haven't been ill since then either.

So, given that my immune system has already seen and seen off this virus, I am confident that it is unlikely that I will get it again, and if I do get it, my body is already primed and ready to see it off more expediently than before and it will be no risk to me whatsoever.

But I don't see what your points have to do with this thread anyway?

And if I can show I'm negative for this virus, why shouldn't I be allowed to travel?

Nobody has to show they are negative from drug resistant TB, or bird/swine flu, or any number of other contagious viruses to the allowed to travel...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 01, 2021 5:45 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Ben, many people don't have antibody's because the body's T cells kill off the virus before antibodies are needed to be developed.

I know I had it, and I worked in a hospital for a few months after this that were wheeling covid patients about, I mixed with the medics around the hospital and never got any illness there and haven't been ill since then either.

So, given that my immune system has already seen and seen off this virus, I am confident that it is unlikely that I will get it again, and if I do get it, my body is already primed and ready to see it off more expediently than before and it will be no risk to me whatsoever.

But I don't see what your points have to do with this thread anyway?

And if I can show I'm negative for this virus, why shouldn't I be allowed to travel?

Nobody has to show they are negative from drug resistant TB, or bird/swine flu, or any number of other contagious viruses to the allowed to travel...!

As long as you are OK then. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 01, 2021 8:36 pm

I’m with Tommy. If I can take a test before I go on holiday, then I’d rather do that. I don’t think it’s fair to make people that don’t want to be vaccinated feel like baddies.

I wear a mask everywhere I go, I wash my hands every half an hour at work (an alarm goes off to remind us all), I sanitise my work station and I’m careful. I don’t put others at risk nor myself.

We are all free to make the choices that we feel are right for us. People who choose not to vaccinate are free to do just that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 02, 2021 12:12 am

eddie wrote:I’m with Tommy. If I can take a test before I go on holiday, then I’d rather do that. I don’t think it’s fair to make people that don’t want to be vaccinated feel like baddies.  

I wear a mask everywhere I go, I wash my hands every half an hour at work (an alarm goes off to remind us all), I sanitise my work station and I’m careful. I don’t put others at risk nor myself.

We are all free to make the choices that we feel are right for us. People who choose not to vaccinate are free to do just that.

I think unless a person has a medical condition that would make getting the vaccination bad for their health, it's everyones ethical duty to get the jab.

If a virus only affected you ..you are the only one to suffer, so it's your choice, unfortunately this virus will only be controlled by mass vaccination.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 02, 2021 12:25 pm

Just a thought, but everyone who has children and is refusing this vaccination for themselves now, do they allow their children to have the standard jabs as and when?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 07, 2021 5:16 pm

12 countries including Portugal, Gibraltar and Israel are on the Green List | Removal of international travel restrictions on May 17 was 'necessarily cautious'
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 07, 2021 5:31 pm

Syl wrote:Just a thought, but everyone who has children and is refusing this vaccination for themselves now, do they allow their children to have the standard jabs as and when?

Frankly, it should be law. People forget that when we were in a war, conscription laws applied. People had a patriotic duty to take up arms and lose two years of their life to fight the enemy.

Now, all that is being asked of them is to take a couple of inoculations, and kill the enemy that way.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri May 07, 2021 6:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Just a thought, but everyone who has children and is refusing this vaccination for themselves now, do they allow their children to have the standard jabs as and when?

Frankly, it should be law.  People forget that when we were in a war, conscription laws applied.  People had a patriotic duty to take up arms and lose two years of their life to fight the enemy.

Now, all that is being asked of them is to take a couple of inoculations, and kill the enemy that way.

We have provisions for conscientious objectors.

And we damn sure don't need another war on something.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 07, 2021 6:53 pm

The  12 Green list countries are...
Portugal including the Azores and Madeira
Israel
Australia
New Zealand
Singapore
Brunei
Iceland
Faroe Islands
Gibraltar  
Falkland Islands
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, Ascension Island

English travellers will need to take 3 PCR tests, one before departure, one before return, and one 2 days after return.

The problem is though English travellers have the green light to go there, not all these countries will accept us as yet.
When other holiday destinations like Spain, France, Cyprus etc open up, some of the countries will only be admitting people with a vaccination passport....each country will have their own requirements.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 07, 2021 7:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Frankly, it should be law.  People forget that when we were in a war, conscription laws applied.  People had a patriotic duty to take up arms and lose two years of their life to fight the enemy.

I think it's incredibly selfish for people to refuse the jabs IF they have no medical reason not to do so.

The brilliant vaccination programme that has been carried out here, and everyone who has done (what in my opinion is) their duty to have the jabs, are the reason the virus is now being controlled.
Instead of many thousands of deaths a week, the death total from Covid is now averaging 12 a day, If we had all refused the vaccine God knows how many more would have died before so called Herd immunity would have managed to control the virus.

I don't believe in forcing people to have a vaccine, and thankfully the take up has been good enough to control it...but that's no thanks to the people who selfishly refused.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri May 07, 2021 7:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I think it's incredibly selfish for people to refuse the jabs IF they have no medical reason not to do so.

The brilliant vaccination programme that has been carried out here, and everyone who has done (what in my opinion is) their duty to have the jabs, are the reason the virus is now being controlled.
Instead of many thousands of deaths a week, the death total from Covid is now averaging 12 a day, If we had all refused the vaccine God knows how many more would have died before so called Herd immunity would have  managed to control the virus.

I don't believe in forcing people to have a vaccine, and thankfully the take up has been good enough to control it...but that's no thanks to the people who selfishly refused.

What if their basis is because it was approved on an experimental basis?

I'm not a fan of running around calling people selfish because they won't take an experimental shot.

I'll save my judgment for other things.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 07, 2021 7:46 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Instead of many thousands of deaths a week, the death total from Covid is now averaging 12 a day, If we had all refused the vaccine God knows how many more would have died before so called Herd immunity would have  managed to control the virus.

I'm not a fan of running around calling people selfish because they won't take an experimental shot.

Other things??

What's more important than not wanting to spread a deadly disease to unsuspecting family, friends and neighbours?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri May 07, 2021 7:53 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Other things??

What's more important than not wanting to spread a deadly disease to unsuspecting family, friends and neighbours?

The vaccine works. I don't believe the unvacinated can spread it to the vaccinated. I don't feel the least bit threatened by non vaccinated folks. .

Their choice affects them and others that have made the same choice.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 07, 2021 8:38 pm

I gave my children the standard vaccinations (didn’t want to but did) but never the flu jab as healthy people don’t die from the flu.

The flu jab is pointless in my opinion. I've never had the flu nor the vaccination. I don’t even get colds when everyone else around me gets them.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 07, 2021 9:20 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Frankly, it should be law. People forget that when we were in a war, conscription laws applied. People had a patriotic duty to take up arms and lose two years of their life to fight the enemy.

We have provisions for conscientious objectors.

And we damn sure don't need another war on something.

That's beside the point. We already have the war. The covid virus is visiting us, and we have no choice in the matter.

A conscientious objector (CO) is an "individual who has claimed the right to refuse to perform military service" on the grounds of freedom of thought, conscience, or religion. Vaccination is a defensive act, and does not fit into the ordinary mold of military service. It does not require 'killing', but bolsters the defense mechanism of the body.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 08, 2021 12:23 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Other things??

The vaccine works. I don't believe the unvacinated can spread it to the vaccinated.  I don't feel the least  bit threatened by non vaccinated folks. .

The vaccine works but it's not foolproof.

The unvaccinated can spread the virus if they catch it, to both vaccinated and unvaccinated, so your belief is wrong.
Latest studies show vaccinated people, even if they catch covid, have it milder, and are less likely to infect others.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 08, 2021 12:28 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Other things??

The vaccine works. I don't believe the unvacinated can spread it to the vaccinated.  I don't feel the least  bit threatened by non vaccinated folks. .

The unvaccinated can spread the virus if they catch it, to both vaccinated and unvaccinated, so your belief is wrong.
Latest studies show vaccinated people, even if they catch covid, have it milder, and are less likely to infect others.

If the unvaccinated wear masks they can’t spread it. Because masks work, right?

“The vaccines works but isn’t foolproof” that’s what you said. Isn’t foolproof against what? Coronavirus? Then it doesn’t work then??? scratch

Vaccinated people can catch covid, as you said, but they have it milder.....like most people who aren’t vulnerable.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 08, 2021 12:29 am

eddie wrote:

I gave my children the standard vaccinations (didn’t want to but did) but never the flu jab as healthy people don’t die from the flu.

The flu jab is pointless in my opinion. I've never had the flu nor the vaccination. I don’t even get colds when everyone else around me gets them.  

I agree that fit younger people dont need the flu jab.
You are lucky you have never had flu.....your immune system must be strong.

I have had it twice, both times i was ill for 2 weeks then developed bronchitis.....not fun.
Just before Covid hit I caught Norovirus.....it was 10 times worse than the flu.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 08, 2021 12:33 am

“The unvaccinated can spread the virus if they catch it, to both vaccinated and unvaccinated,”

Well...erm... if you can still spread it to the vaccinated...then the vaccine doesn’t work?

Very confusing!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat May 08, 2021 12:35 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It works good enough to make the risk to the vaccinated very small.

And if the unvaccinated catch it, they develop immunity that way.

This is like me saying airline travel is safe, and you reminding me that planes crash.

Of course they do, but fear of flying isn't all that rational when you look at all the things that can kill you.

I put fear of the unvaccinated, when you are vaccinated, in the same category as fear of flying.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 08, 2021 12:37 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

If the unvaccinated wear masks they can’t spread it. Because masks work, right?

“The vaccines works but isn’t foolproof” that’s what you said. Isn’t foolproof against what? Coronavirus? Then it doesn’t work then??? scratch

Vaccinated people can catch covid, as you said, but they have it milder.....like most people who aren’t vulnerable.

Eddie, NO vaccine is foolproof.

And wearing a mask wont necessarily stop a person spreading the virus either. They could wear a mask and be spreading the virus by touch.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 08, 2021 12:42 am

Okay. So wearing a mask isn’t foolproof and neither is a vaccine.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next