NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just saw Cypriot minister on sky news

+2
Maddog
Tommy Monk
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Just saw Cypriot minister on sky news - Page 2 Empty Just saw Cypriot minister on sky news

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

He says covid vaccination is not a requirement to travel to Cyprus.

He says anyone can come, but may need a clear PCR test before traveling depending on what category country they are coming from, red, orange or green.

He said UK is currently in orange category so only a clear PCR test would be needed, but that is all.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Just saw Cypriot minister on sky news - Page 2 Empty Re: Just saw Cypriot minister on sky news

Post by Maddog Sat May 08, 2021 12:47 am

eddie wrote:Okay. So wearing a mask isn’t foolproof and neither is a vaccine.

Only two things are for certain.

Death and taxes.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Just saw Cypriot minister on sky news - Page 2 Empty Re: Just saw Cypriot minister on sky news

Post by eddie Sat May 08, 2021 12:52 am

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:Okay. So wearing a mask isn’t foolproof and neither is a vaccine.

Only two things are for certain.

Death and taxes.  

Death is the only certainty for me.

One day, taxes may be named something else, or abolished or....whatever.
So yeah, only death is a certainty...until some really rich dude defies even that.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 08, 2021 12:54 am

eddie wrote:“The unvaccinated can spread the virus if they catch it, to both vaccinated and unvaccinated,”

Well...erm... if you can still spread it to the vaccinated...then the vaccine doesn’t work?

Very confusing!  

Not really, having a milder dose is better than dying....and had the vaccination existed, and had enough people been willing to have it, 130 thousand people wouldn't have died in the UK.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 09, 2021 2:56 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:“The unvaccinated can spread the virus if they catch it, to both vaccinated and unvaccinated,”

Well...erm... if you can still spread it to the vaccinated...then the vaccine doesn’t work?

Very confusing!  

Not really, having a milder dose is better than dying....and had the vaccination existed, and had enough people been willing to have it,  130 thousand people wouldn't have died in the UK.

Most of those people had underlying health conditions and/or were old and vulnerable.
Look at the figures of people who had it and did not die.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun May 09, 2021 3:18 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Not really, having a milder dose is better than dying....and had the vaccination existed, and had enough people been willing to have it,  130 thousand people wouldn't have died in the UK.

Most of those people had underlying health conditions and/or were old and vulnerable.

And that makes it a pleasantry for you? I'm disappointed, eds. Evil or Very Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 09, 2021 11:16 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I now personally know three people who have died. One had Downs syndrome, one was recovering from cancer (both in their 50's) and one was fit and well (till he caught Covid) in his 60's...his funeral is on Thursday.

All three would have no doubt lived full lives for many years had they not caught and died from Covid.

They are now amongst the statistics that many seem to think of "old and vulnerable"....almost disposable really Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 12, 2021 9:00 pm

Twisting my words a lot there Syl! I never said anyone was disposable. If I thought that I’d definitely say it.

You’re the only one who used that word.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 13, 2021 11:50 am

eddie wrote:Twisting my words a lot there Syl! I never said anyone was disposable. If I thought that I’d definitely say it.

You’re the only one who used that word.

Firstly I didn't say 'you'...I said 'many', and many people do seem to think because this virus has badly affected the old and already vulnerable, they are OK, so no need to worry about being infected....which obviously has a knock on effect in infecting the old, ill  and the vulnerable.

I honestly do believe that if this virus had had a worse effect on younger people and left the old alone....that age group would be queueing round the block getting their jabs.

The reality is, now it seems the younger ones are being most effected by the newer strain (Indian) especially in places like Bolton, where it's spreading quite rapidly and causing concern....and unsurprisingly  Bolton has had one of the lowest uptakes of vaccination in the country.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/what-behind-rapid-rise-covid-20571563

Last edited by Syl on Thu May 13, 2021 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 13, 2021 12:19 pm

The average age of those who died is 82.

25,000 were in their 90's.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2