NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister

+5
HoratioTarr
'Wolfie
Andy
Victorismyhero
Eilzel
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister Empty On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:14 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Fqdsg6HkQ

Back to top Go down

On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister Empty Re: On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:09 am

Good. Better than what we have now.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister Empty Re: On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:19 am

Tories attacked for 'fake news' video edited to show Corbyn refusing to condemn IRA – when he did

Labour accuses the Tories of 'smears, innuendo and fake news' after attack video is watched millions of times online

A Conservative video that went viral was edited to wrongly show Jeremy Corbyn refusing to condemn the IRA, sparking an election row.

Labour accused the Tories of “smears, innuendo and fake news” after the 85-second montage of various statements by Mr Corbyn was watched millions of times online.

In one interview, the Labour leader was asked whether he would “condemn the IRA” without also referring to attacks carried out by others during the Irish Troubles.

In the video, subtitled “On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister. We can’t let that happen”, Mr Corbyn’s answer was clipped to a single word – “No”.

In fact, his full reply was: “No, I think what you have to say is all bombing has to be condemned and you have to bring about a peace process.

“Listen, in the 1980s Britain was looking for a military solution, it clearly was never going to work. Ask anyone in the British army at the time … I condemn all the bombing by the loyalists and the IRA.”

A Labour spokesman said: “The Conservatives are running a hateful campaign based on smears, innuendo and fake news.

“They do so because they have nothing to offer the British people and their super rich donors fear Labour's plan to transform Britain for the many not the few.”

But a Conservative spokesman said: “We make no apology for drawing attention to the fact Jeremy Corbyn has spent a lifetime siding with people who want to do Britain harm, would weaken our defences and make our country less safe.

“We encourage all readers to watch it and share with their family and friends.”

The controversial clip comes from Mr Corbyn’s appearance on Sky News last month, when interviewer Sophy Ridge asked whether he could “condemn unequivocally the IRA”.

The Labour leader initially responded by saying: “Look, bombing is wrong, all bombing is wrong, of course I condemn it,” – prompting Ms Ridge to “condemn the IRA without equating it” to any other group.

The video also features Mr Corbyn talking about “friends” in Hamas and Hezbollah and proposing to “close down Nato”.

Despite evidence of the Labour leader’s rising popularity, the Conservatives are still heavily targeting Mr Corbyn with nine out of ten of their adverts attacking him, according to one analysis.

One is subtitled: “A leader who supports our armed forces or one who wants to abolish them? The choice is clear: Corbyn and your security is too big a risk.”

A video includes a clip of Mr Corbyn saying the words “abolish their army,” taken from a speech he gave at a Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament event in 2012.

In fact, he said: “Wouldn’t it be wonderful if every politician around the world, instead of taking pride in the size of their armed forces, did what the people of Costa Rica have done and abolished their army and took pride in the fact they don’t have an army?”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/corbyn-ira-video-tories-attacked-fake-news-edited-labour-leader-refusal-condemn-sky-news-election-a7770026.html

It's all the Cons can do now, edit things to make people say what they didn't and smear, because their lead has evaporated, the more people see of JC the more they warm to him, the more they see of May, the more they realise was a wooden useless lying uturning lump she is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:23 am

Eilzel wrote:Good. Better than what we have now.

Not good and you do not live here buddy and would have to face the consequences of what disaster this idiot would bring to this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:23 am

well now in a way I suppose thats true

for instance , given that the councils involved in the child grooming scandles are almost all labour controlled, one may suppose that given a labour majority govt we will never hear of the same again during its tenure.....problm solved...(it doesnt exist, nothing to see here , move along)

we wont be short of worker drones either, given labours "back door " immigration plans (oh boy ARE they going to rub our noses in "diversity" again)

and of course labour will punish those who just happen to have a few square feet of grass to relax in attached to their homes (the land tax), cos they aint "little grey men living in little grey boxes"

I could go on

but I wont

cynical. cold and calculating, all for a sniff of power
neither sides "budget" and costings stands up to scrutiny
both sides miss OBVIOUS taxation targets

tories hate the less fortunate
labour hates those who are not less fortunate (i.e ANYONE not on benefits of some sort or some sort of "minority")
the last labour govt was "the govt of the noisiest minority" and corbyns lot is shaping up to be even worse

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:26 am

sassy wrote:Tories attacked for 'fake news' video edited to show Corbyn refusing to condemn IRA – when he did

Labour accuses the Tories of 'smears, innuendo and fake news' after attack video is watched millions of times online

A Conservative video that went viral was edited to wrongly show Jeremy Corbyn refusing to condemn the IRA, sparking an election row.

Labour accused the Tories of “smears, innuendo and fake news” after the 85-second montage of various statements by Mr Corbyn was watched millions of times online.

In one interview, the Labour leader was asked whether he would “condemn the IRA” without also referring to attacks carried out by others during the Irish Troubles.

In the video, subtitled “On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister. We can’t let that happen”, Mr Corbyn’s answer was clipped to a single word – “No”.

In fact, his full reply was: “No, I think what you have to say is all bombing has to be condemned and you have to bring about a peace process.

“Listen, in the 1980s Britain was looking for a military solution, it clearly was never going to work. Ask anyone in the British army at the time … I condemn all the bombing by the loyalists and the IRA.”

A Labour spokesman said: “The Conservatives are running a hateful campaign based on smears, innuendo and fake news.

“They do so because they have nothing to offer the British people and their super rich donors fear Labour's plan to transform Britain for the many not the few.”

But a Conservative spokesman said: “We make no apology for drawing attention to the fact Jeremy Corbyn has spent a lifetime siding with people who want to do Britain harm, would weaken our defences and make our country less safe.

The controversial clip comes from Mr Corbyn’s appearance on Sky News last month, when interviewer Sophy Ridge asked whether he could “condemn unequivocally the IRA”.

The Labour leader initially responded by saying: “Look, bombing is wrong, all bombing is wrong, of course I condemn it,” – prompting Ms Ridge to “condemn the IRA without equating it” to any other group.

The video also features Mr Corbyn talking about “friends” in Hamas and Hezbollah and proposing to “close down Nato”.

Despite evidence of the Labour leader’s rising popularity, the Conservatives are still heavily targeting Mr Corbyn with nine out of ten of their adverts attacking him, according to one analysis.

One is subtitled: “A leader who supports our armed forces or one who wants to abolish them? The choice is clear: Corbyn and your security is too big a risk.”

A video includes a clip of Mr Corbyn saying the words “abolish their army,” taken from a speech he gave at a Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament event in 2012.

In fact, he said: “Wouldn’t it be wonderful if every politician around the world, instead of taking pride in the size of their armed forces, did what the people of Costa Rica have done and abolished their army and took pride in the fact they don’t have an army?”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/corbyn-ira-video-tories-attacked-fake-news-edited-labour-leader-refusal-condemn-sky-news-election-a7770026.html

It's all the Cons can do now, edit things to make people say what they didn't and smear, because their lead has evaporated, the more people see of JC the more they warm to him, the more they see of May, the more they realise was a wooden useless lying uturning lump she is.

He did refuse to condemn and continues to do so, condemning a a bombing attack is not condemning the IRA of which he repeatedly has refused to do and did effuse agaion last night.
Corbyn loves all terrorists, like Hamas, Hezbollah and the IRA

On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister IRA-1
Asked this morning if he ever called for an IRA ceasefire, Jeremy Corbyn dodged the question and instead answered: “I always wanted there to be a ceasefire.” That is disputed…
In Rosa Prince’s Corbyn biography, the Northern Ireland historian Lord Bew directly addresses Corbyn’s views on a ceasefire. Bew says that as a supporter of the Troops Out movement, Corbyn shared Sinn Fein’s view that Irish unity need not be predicated on either consent or a ceasefire: “The terms on which Corbyn was in dialogue with Adams was on the basis that Adams wins”. Bew says “Corbyn was always out on a limb with the Provos”That is why Corbyn dodged the question this morning…
There are some other very revealing quotes in the Prince book. A former senior Royal Ulster Constabulary officer says Corbyn was a “useful idiot” of the IRA: “I used to look at him when he would visit Belfast in the 1980s, when he was running around with guys who had done some pretty horrible things, and think: who is this guy? What is he thinking coming here?” The Labour MP David Winnick also says Corbyn was well in with the IRA: “I strongly disagreed with the line he took. I constantly argued that there was no justification for the IRA. I thought he was wrong”. The Catholic Northern Irish writer Eilis O’Hanlon says:
“From Corbyn to McDonnell to Ken Livingstone, they all justify it these days by saying it was OK because it led eventually to the peace process. But that’s disingenuous in the extreme. When they were out defending the IRA, its fellow travellers also didn’t know when, or if, that campaign would end. They still happily supported, or had an ambivalent attitude towards, Republican violence. They knew exactly what they were doing, and how their solidarity was used by the Republican movement to paint its murder campaign as part of some wider struggle for social justice.”
The truth, in the words of Labour MPs and historians, is that Corbyn supported the IRA and didn’t call for a ceasefire. Hence his careful wording this morning…

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:26 am

like all "left wing" parties, they are only interested in pulling the top down (and the top includes those in the middle too) rather than pulling the bottom UP
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:27 am

OMGG what utter rubbish. They are going to bring THE COUNTRY up, instead of just the top 1%

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:29 am

Lord Foul wrote:like all "left wing" parties, they are only interested in pulling the top down (and the top includes those in the middle too) rather than pulling the bottom UP

I am not even going to vote Tory  as i see nobody who  can run this country to be honest and agree with what you have said.

Labour though is to Far left and would be a disaster for this country

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:29 am

sassy wrote:OMGG what utter rubbish.   They are going to bring THE COUNTRY up, instead of just the top 1%
yeah right

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:30 am

We could have one of Mrs May but she tends to run away from speaking these days lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:32 am

Thorin wrote:

Not 4good and you do not live here buddy and would have to face the consequences of what disaster this idiot would bring to this country.

If I did live there I've no doubt Corbyn would be a better PM than May. As do millions of Brits including family and friends in England. May is the disaster. Stability my arse.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:32 am

Eilzel wrote:We could have one of Mrs May but she tends to run away from speaking these days lol

I would call that smart would you not?

Why enter squabbles with parties that have no hope of ever running the country.

Again I am not keen on here, but she is a miles better choice that than idiot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:34 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Not 4good and you do not live here buddy and would have to face the consequences of what disaster this idiot would bring to this country.

If I did live there I've no doubt Corbyn would be a better PM than May. As do millions of Brits including family and friends in England. May is the disaster. Stability my arse.

On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister 3489511464

Well let me have what ever you are smoking mate, must be really good wacky backy... lol!

So why is the country not in turmoil under the tories at the moment?

I think that is stability, so best you wipe your arse mate.   On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister 1716015268

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:35 am

Lord Foul wrote:

well now in a way I suppose thats true

for instance , given that the councils involved in the child grooming scandles are almost all labour controlled, one may suppose that given a labour majority govt we will never hear of the same again during its tenure.....problm solved...(it doesnt exist, nothing to see here , move along)

we wont be short of worker drones either, given labours "back door " immigration plans (oh boy ARE they going to rub our noses in "diversity" again)

and of course labour will punish those who just happen to have a few square feet of grass to relax in attached to their homes (the land tax), cos they aint "little grey men living in little grey boxes"

I could go on

but I wont

cynical. cold and calculating, all for a sniff of power
neither sides "budget" and costings stands up to scrutiny
both sides miss OBVIOUS taxation targets

tories hate the less fortunate
labour hates those who are not less fortunate (i.e ANYONE not on benefits of some sort or some sort of "minority")
the last labour govt was "the govt of the noisiest minority" and corbyns lot is shaping up to be even worse

I agree. Neither option is particularly ideal, but one side is preferable. The only difference between them on immigration is the Tories lie about trying to bring numbers down.

As for New Labour. They were also the govt than let the banks do as they pleased. That wouldn't happen under Corbyn.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:37 am

Thorin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:We could have one of Mrs May but she tends to run away from speaking these days lol

No. I call it cowardice. She was crap in the Paxman interview. She knows she'd be worse in a real debate. I still think she will win, but partly due to her cowardice she may not get quite the landslide she hoped for.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:37 am

Sassy...I may yet vote labour, since i like a lot of what they are saying

however i dont trust corbyn nor the numptys he has around him, I have no reason to, I think his ideas a great, but I doubt both his sincerity and intent

leaving "mayors" with the power to determine immigration Rolling Eyes

land tax Rolling Eyes I suppose we will be punished by this for investing part of our pension pot in that woodland....

but then again I suppose, being people who have worked hard to provide ourselves a modest pension, and "made our own way in the world" we are well in the sights of the leftys....perhaps we should have "donated" that part of our pension to some worthy cause, like giving it to some feckless breeder, or a support scheme for islamic terrorists

politics of envy any one Question
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:39 am

DONT VOTE....IT ONLY ENCOURAGES THEM
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:40 am

Thorin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Well let me have what ever you are smoking mate, must be really good wacky backy... lol!

I think that is stability, so best you wipe your arse mate.   On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister 1716015268

It would take a lot to bring about 'turmoil' in a developed nation like the UK. But the state isn't good.

Pound still suffering post-Brexit vote.
Major uncertainty about the Brexit negotiations.
Break up of the UK still a possibility.
2 terror attacks this year already.
Food banks and zero hour contracts.
And so on...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:40 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thorin wrote:

No. I call it cowardice. She was crap in the Paxman interview. She knows she'd be worse in a real debate. I still think she will win, but partly due to her cowardice she may not get quite the landslide she hoped for.

WTF how is it cowardice?

Its not a war or battle

She is rarely worse off in the commons, so that is not the issue is it.

What is the issue is like where now they know that the BBC debate the other night had many momentum supporters get in off claiming to be Tories. They are admitting this happened.

So would you be dumb enough to go up against a biased audience against you?

Nobody ion their right mind would do so

It was a joke the other night how biased it was.

That is called good sense not to attend and how weird is it that Corbyn changed his mind at the last minute to debate?

Then there being a biased audience?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:41 am

Lord Foul wrote:Sassy...I may yet vote labour, since i like a lot of what they are saying

however i dont trust corbyn nor the numptys he has around him, I have no reason to, I think his ideas a great, but I doubt both his sincerity and intent

leaving "mayors" with the power to determine immigration Rolling Eyes

land tax Rolling Eyes   I suppose we will be punished by this for investing part of our pension pot in that woodland....

but then again I suppose, being people who have worked hard to provide ourselves a modest pension, and "made our own way in the world" we are well in the sights of the leftys....perhaps we should have "donated" that part of our pension to some worthy cause, like giving it to some feckless breeder, or a support scheme for islamic terrorists

politics of envy any one Question

Abbott is an absolute clown. Regardless of the result, she should be dropped for any position in front bench politics.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:42 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thorin wrote:

It would take a lot to bring about 'turmoil' in a developed nation like the UK. But the state isn't good.

And so on...

Pound is continually getting better, so that is rubbish.

No who has the chicken legs

Great, hope it happens

What has that got to do with who is government? Oh you mean Corbyn will surrender to ISIS, gotcha.

Most people want zero contract hours, so that is silly and food banks, sorry when nurses on over 20k use them, it says more about the incompetence of people with their money than anything else. People should take responsibility with their money and I know people on far less than that, who do not use them

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:49 am

Thorin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Thorin wrote:

And so on...

Great, hope it happens

What has that got to do with who is government? Oh you mean Corbyn will surrender to ISIS, gotcha.

Most people want zero contract hours, so that is silly and food banks, sorry when nurses on over 20k use them, it says more about the incompetence of people with their money than anything else. People should take responsibility with their money and I know people on far less than that, who do not use them

1. Pound is still low, and no where near its levels this time last year. In fact it is around where it was last Summer post-Brexit- remarkable... not.

2. What?

3. Cutting police doesn't help. How about actually doing something with reports on suspected terrorists?

4. Typical Tory response, blaming it on individuals earning unfairly low pay. All heart the Tories lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:57 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Great, hope it happens

1. Pound is still low, and no where near its levels this time last year. In fact it is around where it was last Summer post-Brexit- remarkable... not.

2. What?

3. Cutting police doesn't help. How about actually doing something with reports on suspected terrorists?

4. Typical Tory response, blaming it on individuals earning unfairly low pay. All heart the Tories lol

1) And climbing all the time, except making a nose dives when polls show Corbyn closing the gap. What does that tell you about stability that it drops when Labour Polls increase?

2) You are being chicken over the brexit talks in fear, when there is nothing to fear. The EU cannot afford to 
screw around when it is near at collapsing.

3) Wow that really was pathetic. Do you know how many people it would take to just monitor the current 3,000 suspects? 180,000 people. Just how are you going to pay for that man power and then the number of Police on top of that to Police our streets. Another lefty blaming the intelligence service. When they have thwarted countless attacks. I expect better of you mate

4) Typical regressive blaming the Government for peoples irresponsibility with money. So you expect the Government to be at fault or how people put more stock in having mobiles, IPads etcs over that of having food on their table?

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:10 pm

There is no guarantee Corbyn will remain leader for the next 5 years, whether as PM or leader of the opposition.
He has a competitor with a brilliant mind, and an astute negotiator in Sir Keir Starmer.  Former Attorney General. . Well respected across Europe. Chief Brexit negotiator and young enough to appeal to the young.
If he is not PM in 2 years time he almost certainly will be in 5.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:12 pm

Angry Andy wrote:There is no guarantee Corbyn will remain leader for the next 5 years, whether as PM or leader of the opposition.
He has a competitor with a brilliant mind, and an astute negotiator in Sir Keir Starmer.  Former Attorney General. . Well respected across Europe. Chief Brexit negotiator and young enough to bappear to the young.

Okay Andy, why does he refuse to step down if he does lose this election.

That would show he is not popular and that he is so arrogant.

Why can he not allow others to try?

I know why, but I doubt you will like my answer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:30 pm

If he loses, I suspect there will be much stronger moves than in the past to oust him, and probably Abbott and McDonnell.
Too early to tell, but if if had been Starmer Dan Jarvis and Hilary Benn running the campaignLabour would be double figues ahead of the conservatives. All are moderate left, have brilliant minds and are full of solid and popular policies.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:31 pm

Angry Andy wrote:If he loses, I suspect there wilk be much stronger moves than in the past to oust him, and probably Abbott and McDonnell.
Too early to tell, but if if had been Starmer Dan Jarvis and Hilary Benn running the campaignLabour would be double figues ahead of the conservatives. All are moderate left, have brilliant minds and are full of solid and popular policies.

Why will he not resign if he loses Andy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:39 pm

Ego?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:15 pm

Thorin wrote:
Angry Andy wrote:If he loses, I suspect there wilk be much stronger moves than in the past to oust him, and probably Abbott and McDonnell.

Question

After Labour loses next week (despite most likely regaining a few dozen seats..);  why couldn't the party simply oust Corbyn at their next annual conference  ???

IF
Theresa May lost her seat in the election, despite your Tories more-than-likely being returned albeit as a minority government, who would your next PM be then ???

Would he be better or worse than May --  or would you simply see the conservatives rampaging along their merry way, helping the corporations and millionaires with ever-increasing tax breaks, slowly dismantling the NHS, cutting spending on education and welfare, happily kicking the cripples and the poor, not worrying about housing affordability..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:34 pm

sassy wrote:OMGG what utter rubbish.   They are going to bring THE COUNTRY up, instead of just the top 1%

In what way exactly?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:51 pm

....some of the things Corbyn is accused of are, to paraphrase George Orwell, still concerning even if the Daily Mail says so. For one thing, he is the chair of an organisation which a decade ago effectively supported attacks on British troops.

Much of this demonstrates that a politician can take almost any position on foreign affairs and get away with it
During the disastrous Iraq war, the misleadingly named Stop the War Coalition released a statement which “reaffirms its call for an end to the occupation, the return of all British troops in Iraq to this country and recognises once more the legitimacy of the struggle of Iraqis, by whatever means they find necessary, to secure such ends”.

For the Ba’athists and al-Qaida militants who largely made up the Iraqi “resistance”, “whatever means necessary” included suicide attacks on Iraqi and British soldiers. More recently Stop the War has ludicrously accused the US of launching a “proxy war against Russia” in Ukraine.

Then there is Corbyn’s apparent proximity to antisemitism. While I genuinely believe that Corbyn does not have an antisemitic bone in his body, he does have a proclivity for sharing platforms with individuals who do; and his excuses for doing so do not stand up.

Take the fact that Corbyn once described it as his “honour and pleasure” to host “our friends” from Hamas and Hezbollah in parliament. According to Corbyn, he extended his invitation to the aforementioned groups – and spoke of them glowingly – because all sides need to be involved in the peace process.

So far, so reasonable. Yet negotiation is not on Hamas’s agenda, as Corbyn ought to know. In its charter Hamas states: “Initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences, are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement… There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through jihad.”

It isn’t a peaceful negotiated solution that Hamas wants; it’s the destruction of the Jews. Here is a direct quote from Hamas’s charter: “The prophet, prayer and peace be upon him, said: ‘The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him!’” If this were not bad enough, Corbyn has also:

• Taken tea on the parliamentary terrace with Raed Salah, who he described as “a very honoured citizen” despite that fact that Salah was charged with inciting anti-Jewish racism and violence in January 2008 in Jerusalem and sentenced to eight months in prison. He was found by a British court judge to have used the “blood libel”, the medieval antisemitic canard that Jews use gentile blood for ritual purposes;

• Written a letter defending Stephen Sizer, the vicar disciplined by the Church of England for linking to an article on social media entitled 9/11: Israel Did It;

Presented a call-in programme on Press TV, a propaganda channel of the Iranian government which was banned by Ofcom and which regularly hosts Holocaust deniers;

• Been accused of donating money to self-proclaimed Holocaust denier Paul Eisen, whose Deir Yassin Remembered group has been shunned by the Palestine Solidarity Campaign, in the name of refusing to “turn a blind eye to antisemitism”. Corbyn has addressed that claim via his spokesman, who said that “Jeremy Corbyn’s office” had had no contact with Eisen and that Corbyn disassociated himself from his extreme views – a denial that seems neither forceful nor convincing.

And there is more: on 22 August Corbyn is scheduled to share a platform with Carlos Latuff, a cartoonist who regularly uses antisemitic imagery in his cartoons but denies being antisemitic. Middle East Monitor, the group organising the event, has been accused by the Community Security Trust of promoting conspiracy theories and myths about Jews.

So why are Corbyn’s fellow leadership contenders so unwilling to challenge him on any of this? The fact Corbyn believes in Keynesian economics is apparently a bigger faux pas to the Labour hierarchy than his association with the characters mentioned above.

Much of this demonstrates, as I mentioned already, that a politician can at present take almost any position on foreign affairs and get away with it. As for the rest, I believe it shows that the Labour party – and the left more generally – no longer takes antisemitism seriously.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/13/jeremy-corbyn-labour-leadership-foreign-policy-antisemitism
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:14 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Question

After Labour loses next week (despite most likely regaining a few dozen seats..);  why couldn't the party simply oust Corbyn at their next annual conference  ???

IF
Theresa May lost her seat in the election, despite your Tories more-than-likely being returned albeit as a minority government, who would your next PM be then ???

Would he be better or worse than May --  or would you simply see the conservatives rampaging along their merry way, helping the corporations and millionaires with ever-increasing tax breaks, slowly dismantling the NHS, cutting spending on education and welfare, happily kicking the cripples and the poor, not worrying about housing affordability..

That does not answer why he refuses to resign Wolf. 

So why is he insisting on staying as leader?

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:26 pm

Dianne Abbott has reportedly been banned from making lone TV appearances after being ridiculed for a series of disastrous interviews. On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister Happy-smiley05

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:28 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Dianne Abbott has reportedly been banned from making lone TV appearances after being ridiculed for a series of disastrous interviews.   On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister Happy-smiley05

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:46 pm

sassy wrote:Tories attacked for 'fake news' video edited to show Corbyn refusing to condemn IRA – when he did

I watched him asked if he condemned the IRA on the QT special and he refused to condemn then a number of times.the only reasonable conclusion people can draw from his inability to condemn terrorists is that the IRA have some dirt on him and would use it if he did.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:47 pm

they ahve never dragged anyone up, they only drag people down to the lowest common denominator.

Labour need the poor to be their voting fodder, they have no incentive to make them better off.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:50 pm

the only thing we will find after the 9th is that there will be another inquiry into why the pollsters got it so wrong as the tories storm home again.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:04 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
the only thing we will find after the 9th is that there will be another inquiry into why the pollsters got it so wrong as the tories storm home again.

Laughing

You mean all that Tory soul-searching, over why they managed to only scrape back in with a minority government...

And why Labour managed to regain seats -- contrary to your regularly repeated prediction that Labour will be wiped out this election..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:44 am

Morally, the election ought to be postponed for 2 weeks.
That of course wont happen, because the rate the parties are closing, Labour would overtake rhe conservatives by the middle of next week.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:47 am

Angry Andy wrote:Morally, the election ought to be postponed for 2 weeks.
That of course wont happen, because the rate the parties are closing, Labour would overtake rhe conservatives by the middle of next week.

I don't think there would be much point postponing it anyway. Two weeks later, the victims of the attack would still be dead.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:55 am

Hi Raggs. I think COBRA are meeting again this morning. Camoaigning put on hold until tonight. 
Following on from Westminster and Manchester, pressure will be mounting on Rudd for a way to strengthen safety in our cities.
There must be a fear this isn't  the last attack ofthis sort that is going to happen.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:59 am

Angry Andy wrote:Hi Raggs. I think COBRA are meeting again this morning. Camoaigning put on hold until tonight. 
Following on from Westminster and Manchester, pressure will be mounting on Rudd for a way to strengthen safety in our cities.
There must be a fear this isn't  the last attack ofthis sort that is going to happen.

But politicians keep saying we should carry on as normal, so should terrorists be allowed to disrupt the election campaign?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:02 am

I think the security services need time to identify the 3, as they did in Manchester, and if they have associates, round them up.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:55 am

Didn't know where to put this:

On June 9th, this man could be Prime Minister Img_6914
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:13 pm

To be fair, I can understand why someone like Ed Robbins wouldn't mind zero hour contracts. Just because his family is well off, that doesn't mean that he doesn't want to earn a bit of money at college. I don't see why people are picking on him. He didn't claim to be impoverished anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:33 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Thorin wrote:

And so on...
on the day before brexit the pound was 4.24tl today it is 4.51, it has dropped from over 4.60 since the polls showed labour closing the gap.

whilst it might be a pain for holiday makers with the euro falling, it is a boon to exporters and even the tourist industry because britain is far cheaper to visit now.

Of course fuel prices rise as oil and gas is priced in dollars. but then fuel prices rise even more because they are hammered with redistribution taxes.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:34 pm

Angry Andy wrote:There is no guarantee Corbyn will remain leader for the next 5 years, whether as PM or leader of the opposition.
He has a competitor with a brilliant mind, and an astute negotiator in Sir Keir Starmer.  Former Attorney General. . Well respected across Europe. Chief Brexit negotiator and young enough to appeal to the young.
is that the same keir starmer who's firm has done rather nicely out of the brexit court cases?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:35 pm

Thorin wrote:
He has a competitor with a brilliant mind, and an astute negotiator in Sir Keir Starmer.  Former Attorney General. . Well respected across Europe. Chief Brexit negotiator and young enough to bappear to the young.

Okay Andy, why does he refuse to step down if he does lose this election.

That would show he is not popular and that he is so arrogant.

Why can he not allow others to try?

I know why, but I doubt you will like my answer
only 1 in 5 of his mp's have any confidence in him. what changed after the confidence vote?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:38 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Question

IF

It would be a miracle if labour ended up with more seats, the tories are on track to get between 70 and 100 seat majority.
The first thing that will happen on june 9th is an inquiry will be set up to ask why the pollsters got it so wrong again
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next