NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Labour solely to blame for immigration numbers?...

Go down

Are Labour solely to blame for immigration numbers?... Empty Are Labour solely to blame for immigration numbers?...

Post by Guest Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Of course there have been many immigrants over the past few years and what with Romanians and Bulgarians now free to come here, but can anyone provide credible evidence of when immigration numbers first started to rocket?..

I guess it's been a gradual thing, but I find it hard to believe that past Conservative governments never played theor part , all we hear is "that's Labour's fault" ...not that I'm saying Labour done enough to curb numbers, but I don't think the Comservative governments of yesteryear were any better than Labour..

Of course now we have the EU, but I would just like some to acknowledge that immigration numbers were not the fault of Labour alone.

Back to top Go down

Are Labour solely to blame for immigration numbers?... Empty Re: Are Labour solely to blame for immigration numbers?...

Post by Irn Bru Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:28 pm

Joy Division wrote:Of course there have been many immigrants over the past few years and what with Romanians and Bulgarians now free to come here, but can anyone provide credible evidence of when immigration numbers first started to rocket?..

I guess it's been a gradual thing, but I find it hard to believe that past Conservative governments never played theor part , all we hear is "that's Labour's fault" ...not that I'm saying Labour done enough to curb numbers, but I don't think the Comservative governments of yesteryear were any better than Labour..

Of course now we have the EU, but I would just like some to acknowledge that immigration numbers were not the fault of Labour alone.

They are not solely to blame JD and the Tories bear a heavy responsibility for their part in all of it by signing the Single European Act and and the Maastricht Treaty which introduced free movement across our borders. Prior to that the only time we really did have open door immigration was back in the 60s when the Tory government declared that there was no need for controls to be placed on immigration from all the Commonwealth countries. That's their legacy and the can't deny it because it's all on record. They did change it but only after huge numbers came here prior to that happening.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Are Labour solely to blame for immigration numbers?... Empty Re: Are Labour solely to blame for immigration numbers?...

Post by Guest Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:29 pm

Well they've apologised several times over the past 5 years or so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:32 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Well they've apologised several times over the past 5 years or so.

Only for underestimating the numbers that would come here but the fundamental problem goes back further and in any case it was only delaying it by a few years.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:57 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Of course there have been many immigrants over the past few years and what with Romanians and Bulgarians now free to come here, but can anyone provide credible evidence of when immigration numbers first started to rocket?..

They are not solely to blame JD and the Tories bear a heavy responsibility for their part in all of it by signing the Single European Act and and the Maastricht Treaty which introduced free movement across our borders. Prior to that the only time we really did have open door immigration was back in the 60s when the Tory government declared that there was no need for controls to be placed on immigration from all the Commonwealth countries. That's their legacy and the can't deny it because it's all on record. They did change it but only after huge numbers came here prior to that happening.

Thanks Irn, it's just a shame some RW refuse to remember or acknowledge this and as usual blame it all on Labour, when in fact their was this open door policy you mention back in the sixties was in fact on their shift....

This is what makes some RW untrustworthy...selective forgetfulness, dishonesty, half truths,failure to accept faults of past RW governments etc etc...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down