NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephen Lawrence's Brother Wants Role In Police Inquiry - Doreen Demands Decisive Action By Police

Go down

Stephen Lawrence's Brother Wants Role In Police Inquiry - Doreen Demands Decisive Action By Police Empty Stephen Lawrence's Brother Wants Role In Police Inquiry - Doreen Demands Decisive Action By Police

Post by Guest Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:22 pm

8th March 2014

Stephen Lawrence's brother says he should take part in the probe into police records prompted by a report showing officers spied on his family.

A judicial review has been ordered and the Metropolitan Police has set up a separate independent inquiry.

The report by Mark Ellison QC also found documents from the Met's own corruption investigation had been subject to a "mass shredding".

Stuart Lawrence's mother has demanded the police take "decisive action".

Mr Lawrence called on Met Police commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe to include him on the panel he commissioned in the wake of this week's revelations.

He said: "I reserve judgement until I hear who he's tried to employ to try to do this job and I wouldn't mind being part of the team myself to ensure the job is done.

"I'm a bit sceptical and reserved about apologies if that's all they are because they are just words.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26496945

Stephen Lawrence's Brother Wants Role In Police Inquiry - Doreen Demands Decisive Action By Police Images16

Back to top Go down