NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police threaten action over 'malicious' posts following two-year-old's death

Go down

Police threaten action over 'malicious' posts following two-year-old's death Empty Police threaten action over 'malicious' posts following two-year-old's death

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Officers have warned that people posting “malicious” comments relating to the death of a two-year-old girl who was left in a car that rolled into a river could face police action.

Kiara Moore was recovered from a silver Mini which had gone into the river Teifi in Cardigan, Wales, on Monday.

Dyfed-Powys Police, which led the search for Kiara after the car was reported missing with her in it, warned people to "think very carefully" before posting and not to speculate on the circumstances of incidents.

The force said in a tweet: “We ask people to think very carefully before posting and not to speculate on circumstances of incidents.

"We are aware of comments on threads across social media which are being looked at.

"Posts considered to be malicious will be recorded and police action may follow."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/21/police-threaten-action-malicious-posts-following-two-year-olds/

Back to top Go down

Police threaten action over 'malicious' posts following two-year-old's death Empty Re: Police threaten action over 'malicious' posts following two-year-old's death

Post by Syl Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:13 pm

Some people get great pleasure in compounding other peoples misery.
I cant imagine how traumatised the mum must feel, she has publicly blamed herself, why do complete strangers want to encroach on her grief and make it worse?

The police should take these keyboard warriors seriously, too few people are named and shame, much less arrested and charged when they have been found to be tormenting people online in this way.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Police threaten action over 'malicious' posts following two-year-old's death Empty Re: Police threaten action over 'malicious' posts following two-year-old's death

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:40 pm

Syl wrote:Some people get great pleasure in compounding other peoples misery.
I cant imagine how traumatised the mum must feel, she has publicly blamed herself, why do complete strangers want to encroach on her grief and make it worse?

The police should take these keyboard warriors seriously, too few people are named and shame, much less arrested and charged when they have been found to be tormenting people online in this way.

I completely disagree syl

the police should stay the fuck away from ''malicious/offensive'' comments online. The mother chose to put up on facebook what had happened and what? expect every comment back to be sympathetic? they're not going to be. One such comment was that she should be charged with involuntary manslaughter for her actions. No one has broken any law with their opinions and that is all they are.

Personally, that mother has my every sympathy. Sometimes a second of stupidity can have the most dire consequences and I'm sure she will live with the regret forever and I wouldn't dream of making her feel worse. However, for those who have made comments which have made her feel bad, I would say tough. They have every right to give an opinion on the matter especially when the mother herself has gone public to say exactly what happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:52 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:Some people get great pleasure in compounding other peoples misery.

I completely disagree syl

the police should stay the fuck away from ''malicious/offensive'' comments online.  The mother chose to put up on facebook what had happened and what?  expect every comment back to be sympathetic?  they're not going to be.  One such comment was that she should be charged with involuntary manslaughter for her actions.  No one has broken any law with their opinions and that is all they are.

Personally, that mother has my every sympathy.  Sometimes a second of stupidity can have the most dire consequences and I'm sure she will live with the regret forever and I wouldn't dream of making her feel worse.  However, for those who have made comments which have made her feel bad, I would say tough.  They have every right to give an opinion on the matter especially when the mother herself has gone public to say exactly what happened.

Many of the people who post about parents losing their children, also trawl round bereavement sites posting horrible messages, they go out of their way to taunt vulnerable people in general whilst hid behind their computers, they are habitual trolls who enjoy hurting people.
If they said such to a persons face they would be charged, so why should the police not get involved when they do it online?
A lot of stuff said is worse than poison pen letters, and people can be charged for sending them....so what's the difference?

I don't agree that people should post all about their lives as and when it happens on a social media site, I don't understand why they do, but just because they do so shouldn't give strangers the green light to spout hatred at them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down