NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irish police investigate Stephen Fry for BLASPHEMY after he called God 'capricious, mean-minded and stupid' on TV

+3
veya_victaous
The Devil, You Know
magica
7 posters

Go down

Irish police investigate Stephen Fry for BLASPHEMY after he called God 'capricious, mean-minded and stupid' on TV   Empty Irish police investigate Stephen Fry for BLASPHEMY after he called God 'capricious, mean-minded and stupid' on TV

Post by Guest Sat May 06, 2017 7:38 pm

[*]Stephen Fry caused controversy after an interview with Irish broadcaster RTE  
[*]He called God an 'utter maniac' who is  'mean-minded' during atheism discussion
[*]Man made complaint to police and said the alleged comments were defamatory 
[*]Irish police are now reportedly investigating an offence of blasphemy

Irish police are investigating Stephen Fry for blasphemy after he called God an 'utter maniac' who is 'mean-minded and stupid' on television, it has been reported.
A viewer reported the offence after the comedian spoke about God during an interview with Irish broadcaster RTE in February 2015.
The individual, who wished to remain anonymous, said it was their 'civic duty' to report the comments which he alleges were in breach of the Defamation Act.  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4480192/Irish-police-investigate-Stephen-Fry-BLASPHEMY.html#ixzz4gKCydg12 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Lol this made me laugh

and it shows how even some western countries are backwards

[*]Religious beliefs protected from criticism

Back to top Go down

Irish police investigate Stephen Fry for BLASPHEMY after he called God 'capricious, mean-minded and stupid' on TV   Empty Re: Irish police investigate Stephen Fry for BLASPHEMY after he called God 'capricious, mean-minded and stupid' on TV

Post by magica Sat May 06, 2017 9:14 pm

I thought blasphemy was back centuries ago, such a stupid law. Not one for these times.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Irish police investigate Stephen Fry for BLASPHEMY after he called God 'capricious, mean-minded and stupid' on TV   Empty Re: Irish police investigate Stephen Fry for BLASPHEMY after he called God 'capricious, mean-minded and stupid' on TV

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat May 06, 2017 9:25 pm

Thorin wrote:[*]Stephen Fry caused controversy after an interview with Irish broadcaster RTE  
[*]He called God an 'utter maniac' who is  'mean-minded' during atheism discussion

Irish police are investigating Stephen Fry for blasphemy after he called God an 'utter maniac' who is 'mean-minded and stupid' on television, it has been reported.
A viewer reported the offence after the comedian spoke about God during an interview with Irish broadcaster RTE in February 2015.
The individual, who wished to remain anonymous, said it was their 'civic duty' to report the comments which he alleges were in breach of the Defamation Act.  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4480192/Irish-police-investigate-Stephen-Fry-BLASPHEMY.html#ixzz4gKCydg12 

Lol this made me laugh

a very god example of why blasphemy laws are a total nonsense and should not be allowed in any way shape or form.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 07, 2017 5:02 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Thorin wrote:[*]Stephen Fry caused controversy after an interview with Irish broadcaster RTE  

Lol this made me laugh

[*]a very god example of why blasphemy laws are a total nonsense and should not be allowed in any way shape or form.

[*]

Agreed.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun May 07, 2017 8:29 am

hey look what an unclean house right next door Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun May 07, 2017 9:07 am

Just fucking crazy.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 07, 2017 9:39 am

magica wrote:I thought blasphemy was back centuries ago, such a stupid law. Not one for these times.

The blasphemy laws were only scrapped in the UK in 2008.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 07, 2017 10:10 am

Ireland are pretty strict about this kind of stuff and religious beliefs are deep-rooted in many.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun May 07, 2017 11:09 am

They need to grow up. Sure there are enough actual criminals to be dealing with.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun May 07, 2017 11:40 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
magica wrote:I thought blasphemy was back centuries ago, such a stupid law. Not one for these times.

The blasphemy laws were only scrapped in the UK in 2008.

As late as that? It's such an old fashioned law
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Gardaí have decided not to proceed with a blasphemy investigation against Stephen Fry after they failed to find a large group of people outraged by comments he made on an RTÉ show.

Detectives spoke to the man who made the original report this evening and confirmed they will not be carrying out further enquiries.

Independent.ie understands that detectives were unable to proceed with the investigation as there was no injured party. Under the controversial legislation, introduced by then Justice Minister Dermot Ahern in 2009, it is illegal to publish or utter a matter that is “grossly abusive or insulting in relation to matters sacred by any religion, thereby intentionally causing outrage among a substantial number of adherents of that religion”.

A well-placed source said: “This man was simply a witness and not an injured party. Gardaí were unable to find a substantial number of outraged people.

“For this reason the investigation has been concluded.”

Continue reading by clicking the name of the source below.

SOURCE THE INDEPENDENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 09, 2017 10:29 pm

Maybe a lot of people were offended, but just called him a twat or something. I wonder if he'd say that about Allah.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Maybe a lot of people were offended, but just called him a twat or something. I wonder if he'd say that about Allah.

He has said plenty.

I was hoping it would go to court.

It would be very easy to reason his case based on the bible that this deity is stupid, a maniac and mean.

It would be a great way to show how ridiculous it is where people deny criticism and ridicule of myths.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 09, 2017 10:38 pm

I think he's a bit up himself tbh. He suffers from a mental disorder, so I give him the benefit of the doubt. He can say what he likes, but he just shows himself up really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think he's a bit up himself tbh. He suffers from a mental disorder, so I give him the benefit of the doubt. He can say what he likes, but he just shows himself up really.

What has a mental disorder got to do with being right about the biblical deity?

The biblical deity is clearly a maniac.

I mean who calls for the mass slaughter of entire towns. Of men, women, children and even animals?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 09, 2017 10:48 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I think he's a bit up himself tbh. He suffers from a mental disorder, so I give him the benefit of the doubt. He can say what he likes, but he just shows himself up really.

I mean who calls for the mass slaughter of entire towns. Of men, women, children and even animals?

It has nothing to do with it, I mean that I let him off being a bit up himself because he has problems.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 09, 2017 10:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

It has nothing to do with it, I mean that I let him off being a bit up himself because he has problems.

So you dont like that he is smart and intelligent

Read my signature

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 09, 2017 10:51 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Read my signature

Being smart and intelligent isn't the same thing as being up oneself Didge. You should know that. Wink
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 09, 2017 10:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Read my signature

Being smart and intelligent isn't the same thing as being up oneself Didge. You should know that. Wink

You proved my signature right on envy.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 09, 2017 10:58 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Laughing

You think I envy Stephen Fry? lol!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 09, 2017 11:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Laughing

Well considering all you did was talk about him and not the actual points. I would say that is a forgone conclusion that you do.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 09, 2017 11:01 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well considering all you did was talk about him and not the actual points. I would say that is a forgone conclusion that you do.

Laughing

The actual point is that he said what he said. Is this thread not about Stephen Fry saying what he said then?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Laughing

The actual point is that he said what he said. Is this thread not about Stephen Fry saying what he said then?

Its about what he said and if he should have the right to free speech to condemn, criticize poor myths.

All you have done is goo off about the man himself and shown your envy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Its about what he said and if he should have the right to free speech to condemn, criticize poor myths.

Of course he has the right to give his opinion, but that doesn't mean he's not up himself. Why would I envy Stephen Fry? He has a terrible illness.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 09, 2017 11:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Of course he has the right to give his opinion, but that doesn't mean he's not up himself. Why would I envy Stephen Fry? He has a terrible illness.

Ha Ha ha, so you are still talking about him again

Talk about envy, based on your own perception which is based on a confirmation bias, based on your own beliefs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 09, 2017 11:13 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Talk about envy, based on your own perception which is based on a confirmation bias, based on your own beliefs.

Go on then - tell me why I envy Stephen Fry? This should be a laugh. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 09, 2017 11:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

All your above posts talking about him and trying to deligitimize him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That doesn't answer the question. Tell me what I'm envious about?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 09, 2017 11:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

It does answer the question

To claim someone is up themselves, clearly has you envious of him.

As he is not up himself

For you to then bring in his mental health disorder, is you trying to placer his views on no importance, clearly yet more envy of his intelligence, fame and brilliance as a comedian

As what else did your points have here other than to prove how envious you are of a great individual

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 09, 2017 11:28 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

As he is not up himself

For you to then bring in his mental health disorder, is you trying to placer his views on no importance, clearly yet more envy of his intelligence, fame and brilliance as a comedian

As what else did your points have here other than to prove how envious you are of a great individual

You think I want to be a famous comedian? You don't know me very well. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 09, 2017 11:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

As he is not up himself

Well you try badly at being one on here.

So I guess that further proves my point

The fact you have steered this debate from the actual point of the Biblical deity being selfish, a maniac etc, says everything here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 09, 2017 11:35 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The fact you have steered this debate from the actual point of the Biblical deity being selfish, a maniac etc, says everything here.

Huh? I've never tried to be a comedian on here. In fact, people on forums often comment about my lack of sense of humour.

I don't think that was the point of the thread anyway. If you want to rant about Christianity/Islam again, it's up to you, but it won't be anything new anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 09, 2017 11:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Huh? I've never tried to be a comedian on here. In fact, people on forums often comment about my lack of sense of humour.

I don't think that was the point of the thread anyway. If you want to rant about Christianity/Islam again, it's up to you, but it won't be anything new anyway.

Well i would beg to differ based on the number of smiles you use lol.

The point of this thread is how there is ridiculous blasphemy laws around religious myths.

That people cannot rightly read these religious books and conclude that the deity within them, clearly is something quite abhorrent

As Dawkins said:

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 09, 2017 11:45 pm

I've already said that he's entitled to his opinion. I see no point in going after him for blasphemy.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 09, 2017 11:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I've already said that he's entitled to his opinion. I see no point in going after him for blasphemy.

Like I said, I wish he had his day in court.

As based on the bible he would have been easily able to back his reasons for why he called this deity as such.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down