NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

freedom of choice to accept or refuse treatments..

+4
Eilzel
Raggamuffin
eddie
veya_victaous
8 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

freedom of choice to accept or refuse treatments.. - Page 6 Empty freedom of choice to accept or refuse treatments..

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

should it be our human rights to accept or refuse any treatment offered and should we be made aware of any alternative treatments..

Back to top Go down

freedom of choice to accept or refuse treatments.. - Page 6 Empty Re: freedom of choice to accept or refuse treatments..

Post by eddie Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:27 pm

When someone is dying of cancer, and is sent home to die, the McMillan nurses come in and administer morphine. Upping the dosage until basically, the patient dies peacefully and pain-free.

It's pretty much legal euthanasia. I think it's merciful.

Now those nurses, do a great job!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

freedom of choice to accept or refuse treatments.. - Page 6 Empty Re: freedom of choice to accept or refuse treatments..

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:04 pm

3rd March 2014

A High Court judge has said a baby boy can undergo blood transfusions despite his parents' objections.

The baby has complex heart disease but his parents, who are Jehovah's Witnesses, said they could not consent to a transfusion on religious grounds.

Birmingham Children's Hospital had applied for an order to proceed with cardiac surgery and transfusions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-26420908

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:17 pm

eddie wrote:When someone is dying of cancer, and is sent home to die, the McMillan nurses come in and administer morphine. Upping the dosage until basically, the patient dies peacefully and pain-free.

Now those nurses, do a great job!

Eddie I know they do. They are the true Angels working in our Health system.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:16 pm

gerber wrote:
Croissant wrote:If somebody wishes to decline all medical treatment and die...that's their right.

Is it though, Why are terminally ill patients required to go to Court.........for their right to die, why do they have to pay loads of dosh to go to Swittzerland

Hiya Gerbil, because that's different. It's in the case of assisted suicide and not suicide. Where the person concerned is unable to end their own life and requires a third party to facilitate this.

Anyone is allowed by law to kill themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:17 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:3rd March 2014

A High Court judge has said a baby boy can undergo blood transfusions despite his parents' objections.

The baby has complex heart disease but his parents, who are Jehovah's Witnesses, said they could not consent to a transfusion on religious grounds.

Birmingham Children's Hospital had applied for an order to proceed with cardiac surgery and transfusions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-26420908

Good point - but like assisted suicides it involves third parties making decisions. This is against the law.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:22 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Shady wrote:

Good morning Eddie.

This is why I don't respond to his posts anymore as the bloke is a basket case & your comments.......

.....I not returning to the thread didge. Seriously.
You're turning in your own circles and getting tangled in your own logic.
If you had no one to argue with you'd argue with yourself!!!  Shocked

.......are perfectly well said.

The bloke has flipped his lid & makes Catman sound sane.

Dear me poor shaggy claims to have nothing to do with me, but most of his posts are about me, never mind son, I know you are jealous and as batty as a fruitcake, don't worry you do have scooby doo to comfort you

We all know you are only here to create as much strife as possible and are a vile human being, so did you feel better for your little rant?

Ha ha

"What I am saying is your opinion of Shady stems clearly from your own perception how you expect him to post, when you yourself have never had to do what he does. What do you know of his life outside the forum, what problems does he endure daily, does it affect the outcome of his posts, who knows, but you judge him solely on what you alone expect of him, when you see him, and that is wrong."

Except for the name changes and 'hospital' becoming 'forum' these were your words to me didge, a few posts back.

Your opinion of shady is based on your personal experiences with him, isn't it?
And rightly so.

I rest my case didge but I bet you find a way out.  ::D:: 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:11 pm

eddie wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Dear me poor shaggy claims to have nothing to do with me, but most of his posts are about me, never mind son, I know you are jealous and as batty as a fruitcake, don't worry you do have scooby doo to comfort you

We all know you are only here to create as much strife as possible and are a vile human being, so did you feel better for your little rant?

Ha ha

"What I am saying is your opinion of Shady stems clearly from your own perception how you expect him to post, when you yourself have never had to do what he does. What do you know of  his life outside the forum, what problems does he endure daily, does it affect the outcome of his posts,  who knows, but you judge him solely on what you alone expect of him, when you see him, and that is wrong."

Except for the name changes and 'hospital' becoming 'forum' these were your words to me didge, a few posts back.

Your opinion of shady is based on your personal experiences with him, isn't it?
And rightly so.

I rest my case didge but I bet you find a way out.  ::D:: 

Dear me, that shows you did not read a thing again Eddie last night, I really have nothing against the man just dish back out since a few months back he decided to constantly throw abuse my way, so how am I judging him when all I am doing is giving as good as he dishes out. The many has severed his country no doubt with distinction so again it is not personal Eddie and I have also stuck up for him when he has been unfairly treated . As I said last night smelly and others who in my book are very prejudice from their debates I would never wish ill will too, even Catman, I have nothing personally against him, just berate him for his poor abuse .

But again this are all individuals, what you said was collective of people of their trade, but anyone that was poor Eddie to think due to me throwing abuse back is now me judging him, when he was bashing me?

Be serious Eddie, that is very silly

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:03 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
eddie wrote:
When someone is dying of cancer, and is sent home to die, the McMillan nurses come in and administer morphine. Upping the dosage until basically, the patient dies peacefully and pain-free.

Over here, they are still called "Palliative Care Nurses" for that service.

After watching my father die from Pancreatic cancer over a few weeks, nearly seven years ago no, I can assure you that in many cases heavy Morphine doses will put them into a comatose condition, and help to greatly reduce the level of pain and discomfort. However, it DOESN'T always produce that "peaceful and pain free.." state 100%, all of the time.

(A couple of decades earlier, my maternal grandmother's treating doctor stated that he wished that HEROIN was available in the final stages, for those times when even the heaviest dosage of Morphine may not be enough..).  

Yes I think you're right.
My uncle died at home with palliative care nurses (Mcmillian) coming in to him, but on his final day the nurse did day to us that she was upping his dose and when my cousin mentioned he want due it yet, the nurse almost let us know that he was in his last few hours and that this would allow him "less pain" but we knew she meant it'd help him on his way.
Or at least that's what she implied and we assumed she meant.

In any case, she was good. She did a great job and was a great nurse.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6