NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eurovision 2014

+7
Eilzel
David
Irn Bru
Raggamuffin
Cass
gerber
jaded fox
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Eurovision 2014 - Page 3 Empty Eurovision 2014

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

UK ENTRY!

Back to top Go down

Eurovision 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: Eurovision 2014

Post by scrat Sun May 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Samhraí wrote:I think it's hilarious how people shouldn't give a fuck about this sort of thing yet some people seem insistent on treating them like a novelty act.
The world is a fucking freak show ET, it gets more surreal as the years drift on, it's like starring in your very own Dali presentation.

I get Beckham (pbuh) in a sarong, but I do not get this chap at all, why would any man project the image of being a woman, but keep the beard on to remind us he's a man,,,,,,,,naah!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Samhraí wrote:
Norman T wrote:

Who?
Subtle.

There is no point in denying the fact that you hate transexuals, still do apparently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Norman T wrote:
Samhraí wrote:
Subtle.

There is no point in denying the fact that you hate transexuals, still do apparently.

Shouldn't you be raging about your neighbors over on BF, Philly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 10:47 pm

scrat wrote:
Samhraí wrote:I think it's hilarious how people shouldn't give a fuck about this sort of thing yet some people seem insistent on treating them like a novelty act.
The world is a fucking freak show ET, it gets more surreal as the years drift on, it's like starring in your very own Dali presentation.

I get Beckham (pbuh) in a sarong, but I do not get this chap at all, why would any man project the image of being a woman, but keep the beard on to remind us he's a man,,,,,,,,naah!

He's a drag act and not a transexual though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 11, 2014 10:48 pm

scrat wrote:

I wasn't very keen on the beard tbh.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 11, 2014 10:48 pm

Norman T wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I liked the Russian song, and the Iceland one.

The Russian song was practically booed off the stage during it's performance, and every time that votes were announced for it Russia got booed again. Razz 

Why do you find that amusing?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 10:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Norman T wrote:

The Russian song was practically booed off the stage during it's performance, and every time that votes were announced for it Russia got booed again. Razz 

Russia invading the Ukraine, along with a few other things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 10:51 pm

scrat wrote:

Doesn't make sense to me either, maybe he just likes dressing as a woman as opposed to that whole gender-identity thing going on.
If he was transsexual then he shouldn't really have the beard as it kind of defeats the point.
Now if he wants to dress as a woman then that's cool but I don't think people like him should be treated as proper representatives of the transsexual community as it seems to be mixing a novelty act with some sort of progressive message which I don't think is an appropriate attitude to take towards the problems transsexuals face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 10:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
scrat wrote:

He's a man sometimes and then a woman on other occasions, nothing wrong with that we are living in 2014 after all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 11, 2014 10:53 pm

Norman T wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

He's a man sometimes and then a woman on other occasions, nothing wrong with that we are living in 2014 after all!

I thought it looked weird with the dress. Nothing wrong with thinking that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 10:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Norman T wrote:

Because bullying teenagers over political bullshit that they had nothing to do with is apparently okay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 11, 2014 10:55 pm

Samhraí wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Because bullying teenagers over political bullshit that they had nothing to do with is apparently okay.

So it seems. It was a lovely song, and they sang it really well. The people who booed are just ignorant.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 11, 2014 10:59 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Eurovision 2014: Voting controversy after UK public revealed to have voted Donatan & Cleo first – but jury placed them last

It has been hailed as victory for tolerance and a counterblast to a creeping tide of homophobia.
But, it seems, the Great British public was less enamoured by Austria’s 'Bearded Lady', Conchita Wurst, who swept to Eurovision victory preaching a parable of trans-continental camp, than they were by the amply displayed décolletage of the group of rustic milk churners that accompanied Poland’s 14th-placed entry.
For the first time yesterday Song Contest organisers revealed both the public and the jury votes for each act.
Yet whilst the official UK panel gave the maximum 12 points to the disarmingly hirsute cross-dressing Conchita, it relegated Polish duo Donatan & Cleo to the lowest place in the order.
By contrast the tele-vote result in the UK saw the Poles named as runaway winners. Ireland also followed suit, with the public similarly awarding first place to We Are Slavic compared to the last position given by its panel.
The Norwegian and Ukrainian public were also impressed by the Polish entry voting it their favourite song again contradicting the findings of their national juries which placed it 19th and 25th respectively.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/eurovision-2014-voting-controversy-after-uk-jury-revealed-to-place-conchita-first--but-british-public-voted-for-donatan--cleo-9351644.html

And it appears to have been the same in several other countries as well. Looks like my judgement and that of the guy's up the club was spot on.

Robbed

You mean the public vote doesn't count?

I wouldn't have voted for Poland though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 11:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Norman T wrote:

Why do use the word 'it' along with a few others i might add.

When she's Conchita she's Conchita, when he's a man he goes by another name!  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sun May 11, 2014 11:02 pm

Norman T wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Quite true, two spirit people are gifted, but two spirit people are females in a mans body or males in a females body, there is no female in a mans body projecting the image of being a man, I'm not saying it should be outlawed, it just seems more confusing than it needs to be!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Norman T wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why do use the word 'it' along with a few others i might add.

When she's Conchita she's Conchita, when he's a man he goes by another name!  Cool 

I meant the beard. I suppose you could call a beard "him", but that would be sexist.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Eurovision 2014: Voting controversy after UK public revealed to have voted Donatan & Cleo first – but jury placed them last

It has been hailed as victory for tolerance and a counterblast to a creeping tide of homophobia.
But, it seems, the Great British public was less enamoured by Austria’s 'Bearded Lady', Conchita Wurst, who swept to Eurovision victory preaching a parable of trans-continental camp, than they were by the amply displayed décolletage of the group of rustic milk churners that accompanied Poland’s 14th-placed entry.
For the first time yesterday Song Contest organisers revealed both the public and the jury votes for each act.
Yet whilst the official UK panel gave the maximum 12 points to the disarmingly hirsute cross-dressing Conchita, it relegated Polish duo Donatan & Cleo to the lowest place in the order.
By contrast the tele-vote result in the UK saw the Poles named as runaway winners. Ireland also followed suit, with the public similarly awarding first place to We Are Slavic compared to the last position given by its panel.
The Norwegian and Ukrainian public were also impressed by the Polish entry voting it their favourite song again contradicting the findings of their national juries which placed it 19th and 25th respectively.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/eurovision-2014-voting-controversy-after-uk-jury-revealed-to-place-conchita-first--but-british-public-voted-for-donatan--cleo-9351644.html

And it appears to have been the same in several other countries as well. Looks like my judgement and that of the guy's up the club was spot on.

Robbed

The public vote did indeed count as it was 50/50 between the juries and the public vote!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Cool Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon May 12, 2014 12:39 am

Norman T wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Robbed

The public vote did indeed count as it was 50/50 between the juries and the public vote!

Where does it say that?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 12:43 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Norman T wrote:

Where does it say that?

They had the phone vote which was separate from the jury vote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon May 12, 2014 12:45 am

Norman T wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Norman T wrote:

Where does it say that?

Ok but where does it say that the public vote counted and that it was 50/50 between the two? The news article doesn't seem to support that.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 12:50 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Norman T wrote:

Ok but where does it say that the public vote counted and that it was 50/50 between the two? The news article doesn't seem to support that.

Well they had the numbers up for public voting, but you couldn't vote for your own country, so the public vote did indeed count unless that was some kind of fabrication?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon May 12, 2014 12:58 am

Norman T wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Norman T wrote:

Well they had the numbers up for public voting, but you couldn't vote for your own country, so the public vote did indeed count unless that was some kind of fabrication?

So if the British public voted for the Polish song and the jury voted for the Austrian song how come the British result put the Austrian song at the top and the Polish one at the bottom?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 12, 2014 2:20 am

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 12, 2014 7:49 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Norman T wrote:

So if the British public voted for the Polish song and the jury voted for the Austrian song how come the British result put the Austrian song at the top and the Polish one at the bottom?

I think what happened is that the public vote put Austria third and so did the jury, so in the end Austria was the winner. The Polish song didn't come last in the UK but it ended up much lower because the jury put it last.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/results?event=1893&voter=GB
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon May 12, 2014 1:15 pm

That is right Ragga and that is just for the UK. 37 countries voted .
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 1:22 pm

I never watched the Eurovision,,,does anyone have a clip of the winners ?..where they are from etc?...

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Mon May 12, 2014 2:20 pm

Joy Division wrote:I never watched the Eurovision,,,does anyone have a clip of the winners ?..where they are from etc?...

Watching paint dry would be more pleasurable.  It had to be the worst ever and that is saying something.  As for the voting I fail to see why any points are awarded.  Just how many neighbours and much they give you does the trick.

Molly was brilliant.  The saturday debacle must have done more for UKIP  and other non Euro parties throughout the continent than any other  event in European living memory.

The Dutch should have won.  Even Denmark had a good go, and the poor French.........
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 2:24 pm

gerber wrote:
Joy Division wrote:I never watched the Eurovision,,,does anyone have a clip of the winners ?..where they are from etc?...

Watching paint dry would be more pleasurable.  It had to be the worst ever and that is saying something.  As for the voting I fail to see why any points are awarded.  Just how many neighbours and much they give you does the trick.

Molly was brilliant.  The saturday debacle must have done more for UKIP  and other non Euro parties throughout the continent than any other  event in European living memory.

The Dutch should have won.  Even Denmark had a good go, and the poor French.........

Thanks Gerbs....but who won??!!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Mon May 12, 2014 4:36 pm

Joy Division wrote:
gerber wrote:

Thanks Gerbs....but who won??!!

WShich Country which sex ?

Difficult one that........ A supposed Austrian singing in perfect English without even a trace of an Austrian twang who wore a long dress with a beard but whose hands were more inkeeping with a butch wrestler.

Most certainly not an original member of the wonderful Von trapp family
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 8:13 am

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed May 14, 2014 8:16 am

Norman T wrote:

They are still the best Phil
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 8:16 am

gerber wrote:

Yay
Someone else that cant stand the damned programme!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 8:43 am

But not that Nems, i would push that thing under a bus  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Watched with my friends on Saturday, we each had a £5 bet on who we thought we would win  cheers 

I picked Austria, my friends picked the Netherlands and Norway......funnily enough it got pretty competitive Eurovision 2014 - Page 3 Winner18Eurovision 2014 - Page 3 Rofl78

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed May 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Norman T wrote:

Phil give it a rest....absolutely no need for this. If you want to come back under a new name, well fine and dandy, but try starting off nicely.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed May 14, 2014 7:39 pm

feelthelove wrote:Watched with my friends on Saturday, we each had a £5 bet on who we thought we would win  cheers 

I picked Austria, my friends picked the Netherlands and Norway......funnily enough it got pretty competitive Eurovision 2014 - Page 3 Winner18Eurovision 2014 - Page 3 Rofl78

Drinks are on you then......ill have a mimosa please ma'am.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed May 14, 2014 7:40 pm

Cass wrote:
Norman T wrote:

Phil give it a rest....absolutely no need for this. If you want to come back under a new name, well fine and dandy,  but try starting off nicely.

Green for you Cass x  alien alien 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 7:44 pm

Cass wrote:
feelthelove wrote:Watched with my friends on Saturday, we each had a £5 bet on who we thought we would win  cheers 

Drinks are on you then......ill have a mimosa please ma'am.

I didn't take their money, it's double or quits next year Eurovision 2014 - Page 3 Rofl79

Lovely David was much better in 2009 though, wow Eurovision 2014 - Page 3 Love_h76x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 7:46 pm

Cass wrote:
Norman T wrote:

Phil give it a rest....absolutely no need for this. If you want to come back under a new name, well fine and dandy,  but try starting off nicely.

Stick to your cookies, and keep your nose out of business that doesn't concern you. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed May 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Norman T wrote:
Cass wrote:

Stick to your cookies, and keep your nose out of business that doesn't concern you. Smile 

Well that's me told then.

Phil grow up. You're acting like a spoiled beat who doesn't get his own way. There's been quite enough crap thrown around here the last few days without adding more.

Be the nice guy that you can be. You never know I might just send you and Doug some cookies.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 7:58 pm

Thanks Cass and David xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed May 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Cass wrote:
Norman T wrote:

Well that's me told then.

Phil grow up. You're acting like a spoiled beat who doesn't get his own way. There's been quite enough crap thrown around here the last few days without adding more.

Be the nice guy that you can be. You never know I might just send you and Doug some cookies.

Whiskas................... Don't hold your breath, Edds and I are still waiting. ::ftlcheer:: 

XX Cass  I love you 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 9:56 pm

Wurst's win sparked outrage across Russia Wurst's win sparked outrage across Russia
29 reader comments

Russia is reportedly considering pulling out of Eurovision, and making a rival contest for its regions and allies.

The deputy leader of Russia’s community party, Valery Rashkin, said the country should leave the contest after the win of drag queen Conchita Wurst, and make its own contest which abides by its ‘gay propaganda’ laws.

The move would follow in the footsteps of Turkey, which left the contest in 2012 citing objections to format changes to create the Türkvizyon Song Contest, which 24 countries from Eastern Europe, Asia and the Middle East entered last year.

After a same-sex kiss featured in last year’s Eurovision, Turkey stopped broadcasting the song contest entirely.

Rashkin said: “The last Eurovision contest’s results exhausted our patience.

“We must leave this competition. We cannot tolerate this endless madness.”

He would instead push for a rival “Voice of Eurasia” show with allied countries, which will be “family friendly” and not controlled by the West.

The Slavic Advisory Committee in Belarus has agreed with the suggestion, saying: “”Conchita Wurst’s Eurovision victory symbolises the complete collapse of the European Union’s moral values,” the country’s advisory Slavic Committee said in a statement.

“We do not need Europe!”

This year’s Eurovision has received cross-party condemnation in Russia, with former Speaker Vladimir Zhirinovsky labelling it the “end of Europe”.

He said: “There is no limit to our outrage.

“It has turned wild. There are no more men or women in Europe, just it.

“[It is] the end of Europe.”

A rival Eastern bloc song contest named Intervision was previously attempted during the Cold War, running for four years between 1977 and 1980.

Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed May 14, 2014 10:46 pm

Norman T wrote:
Wurst's win sparked outrage across Russia Wurst's win sparked outrage across Russia
29 reader comments

Russia is reportedly considering pulling out of Eurovision, and making a rival contest for its regions and allies.

The deputy leader of Russia’s community party, Valery Rashkin, said the country should leave the contest after the win of drag queen Conchita Wurst, and make its own contest which abides by its ‘gay propaganda’ laws.

The move would follow in the footsteps of Turkey, which left the contest in 2012 citing objections to format changes to create the Türkvizyon Song Contest, which 24 countries from Eastern Europe, Asia and the Middle East entered last year.

After a same-sex kiss featured in last year’s Eurovision, Turkey stopped broadcasting the song contest entirely.

He would instead push for a rival “Voice of Eurasia” show with allied countries, which will be “family friendly” and not controlled by the West.

The Slavic Advisory Committee in Belarus has agreed with the suggestion, saying: “”Conchita Wurst’s Eurovision victory symbolises the complete collapse of the European Union’s moral values,” the country’s advisory Slavic Committee said in a statement.

“We do not need Europe!”

This year’s Eurovision has received cross-party condemnation in Russia, with former Speaker Vladimir Zhirinovsky labelling it the “end of Europe”.

A rival Eastern bloc song contest named Intervision was previously attempted during the Cold War, running for four years between 1977 and 1980.

Rolling Eyes 

That has to the best post I have ever read. Brilliant news.

Bravo.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 10:55 pm

gerber wrote:
Norman T wrote:
29 reader comments

“We do not need Europe!”

Rolling Eyes 

That has to the best post I have ever read.  Brilliant news.

Bravo.

....That Russia pulls out of the contest?

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed May 14, 2014 11:39 pm

Norman T wrote:
gerber wrote:

That has to the best post I have ever read.  Brilliant news.

Bravo.

Correct and all her cronies. More votes for us.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 11:40 pm

gerber wrote:
Norman T wrote:

Correct and all her cronies.  More votes for us.

Now that made me laugh. Does anyone actually vote for us anymore, and do we deserve it, our song was pants!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Even more petty political bullshit over a contest that was made to bring European countries closer together in the first place.

Fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 11:42 pm

Sassy wrote:
gerber wrote:

Correct and all her cronies.  More votes for us.

Now that made me laugh.   Does anyone actually vote for us anymore, and do we deserve it, our song was pants!

We generally throw votes at each-other to my knowledge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next