NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine

Go down

The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine  Empty The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:42 am

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have received Covid-19 vaccinations, Buckingham Palace has said.

A royal source said the vaccinations were administered on Saturday by a household doctor at Windsor Castle.

The source added the Queen decided to let it be known she had the vaccination to prevent further speculation.

The Queen, 94, and Prince Philip, 99, are among around 1.5 million people in the UK to have had at least one dose of a Covid vaccine so far.

People aged over 80 in the UK are among the high-priority groups who are being given the vaccine first.

The couple have been spending the lockdown in England at their Windsor Castle home after deciding to have a quiet Christmas at their Berkshire residence, instead of the traditional royal family gathering at Sandringham.

- The BBC

_________________
“If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.”

– Karl Popper
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 30143
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 46
Location : West Essex

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine  Empty Re: The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine

Post by Syl Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:56 pm

Good for them for letting it be known.
Odd though it may seem, the Queen has millions of subjects who will take note of what she does and be influenced by it.

The jab is not compulsory, so if more elderly people have it now because the queen has, what's not to like?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 22515
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Here, There and Everywhere.

Back to top Go down

The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine  Empty Re: The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:48 pm

Syl wrote:Good for them for letting it be known.
Odd though it may seem, the Queen has millions of subjects who will take note of what she does and be influenced by it.

The jab is not compulsory, so if more elderly people have it now because the queen has, what's not to like?

I think there will be a lot of people who, for whatever reasons, won't believe they actually got it.

_________________
“If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.”

– Karl Popper
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 30143
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 46
Location : West Essex

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine  Empty Re: The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine

Post by Syl Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:29 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:Good for them for letting it be known.
Odd though it may seem, the Queen has millions of subjects who will take note of what she does and be influenced by it.

The jab is not compulsory, so if more elderly people have it now because the queen has, what's not to like?

I think there will be a lot of people who, for whatever reasons, won't believe they actually got it.

I don't doubt it, some people are idiots.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 22515
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Here, There and Everywhere.

Back to top Go down

The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine  Empty Re: The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:34 pm

Did your members of parliament get vaccines like our congressmen based on them being "essential" or some nonsense.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Posts : 11354
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine  Empty Re: The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine

Post by Syl Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:37 pm

Maddog wrote:Did your members of parliament get vaccines like our congressmen based on them being "essential" or some nonsense.  


If they dont fall into the higher age group, it hasn't been said (as far as I know) that MPs would be first in line. Public servants are way down on the list.

The priority list is as follows:

residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
all those 75 years of age and over
all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals[footnote 1]
all those 65 years of age and over
all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
all those 60 years of age and over
all those 55 years of age and over
all those 50 years of age and over




Vaccination of those at increased risk of exposure to SARS-CoV-2 due to their occupation could also be a priority in the next phase. This could include:

first responders
the military
those involved in the justice system
teachers
transport workers
public servants essential to the pandemic response.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 22515
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Here, There and Everywhere.

Back to top Go down

The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine  Empty Re: The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:20 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:Did your members of parliament get vaccines like our congressmen based on them being "essential" or some nonsense.  


If they dont fall into the higher age group, it hasn't been said (as far as I know) that MPs would be first in line. Public servants are way down on the list.

The priority list is as follows:

residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
all those 75 years of age and over
all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals[footnote 1]
all those 65 years of age and over
all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
all those 60 years of age and over
all those 55 years of age and over
all those 50 years of age and over




Vaccination of those at increased risk of exposure to SARS-CoV-2 due to their occupation could also be a priority in the next phase. This could include:

first responders
the military
those involved in the justice system
teachers
transport workers
public servants essential to the pandemic response.

Yeah, our congress people were considered "essential", although some balked because they thought it was unfair. They thought it was far more important to put people older than them in front of them.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Posts : 11354
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine  Empty Re: The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine

Post by Syl Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:18 pm

On our list, it seems odd that first responders and teachers are so far down the list.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 22515
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Here, There and Everywhere.

Back to top Go down

The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine  Empty Re: The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:17 am

Syl wrote:On our list, it seems odd that first responders and teachers are so far down the list.

Well, we have 50 different lists, but in Texas, teachers will be after everyone 65 and up.

In some states they are after of everyone 75 and up, which is what the CDC guidelines are.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Posts : 11354
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine  Empty Re: The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine

Post by Syl Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:21 pm

I think teachers should be up there near the top of the list.
Even though the schools are closed to the majority they are still open here for the kids of key workers.
I know some teachers who are still working are now very nervous of being in close contact with others.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 22515
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Here, There and Everywhere.

Back to top Go down

The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine  Empty Re: The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:38 pm

Syl wrote:I think teachers should be up there near the top of the list.
Even though the schools are closed to the majority they are still open here for the kids of key workers.
I know some teachers who are still working are now very nervous of being in close contact with others.

The problem with that is young teachers are far less likely to need hospitalization than a 65 year old if they both catch it. Your system and my system is being overloaded with old people, while for most younger folks its just an inconvenience.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Posts : 11354
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine  Empty Re: The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine

Post by Syl Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:00 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:I think teachers should be up there near the top of the list.
Even though the schools are closed to the majority they are still open here for the kids of key workers.
I know some teachers who are still working are now very nervous of being in close contact with others.

The problem with that is young teachers are far less likely to need hospitalization than a 65 year old if they both catch it.  Your system and my system is being overloaded with old people, while for most younger folks its just an inconvenience.
Yes that's true.
Older people make up to a huge % of deaths so it's understandable.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 22515
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Here, There and Everywhere.

Back to top Go down

The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine  Empty Re: The Queen gets the Covid-19 vaccine

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum