NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"I was one who thought that Covid does not exist. Until I got sick," he wrote in his final post

+4
Original Quill
eddie
Tommy Monk
Ben Reilly
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"I was one who thought that Covid does not exist. Until I got sick," he wrote in his final post - Page 2 Empty "I was one who thought that Covid does not exist. Until I got sick," he wrote in his final post

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

A superfit Instagram influencer who said " Covid does not exist”, then died after contracting the virus, wrote a tragic final post.

Fitness coach Dmitriy Stuzhuk, 33, wrote a post saying his condition was “stable” before succumbing to the killer bug.

He shared an update with his one million followers after he caught coronavirus, even posing shirtless for photos as he received oxygen in hospital.

The dad-of-three, whose youngest child is just nine-months-old, wrote: “I want to share how I got sick and to strongly warn everyone. I was one who thought that Covid does not exist. Until I got sick.”

On social media he appeared to be in perfect health as he promoted sports and healthy living but his ex-wife Sofia Stuzhuk, 25, who announced his death, said Covid-19 had triggered heart complications.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/tragic-final-post-social-media-22868821
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

"I was one who thought that Covid does not exist. Until I got sick," he wrote in his final post - Page 2 Empty Re: "I was one who thought that Covid does not exist. Until I got sick," he wrote in his final post

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:09 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Same as smoking. And I'm an ex smoker.  

In a free society people will be a threat to themselves a d sometimes others.  
Smoking is a good example actually.

Smoking kills, as does passive smoking, which is why smokers are not welcome in enclosed public places where they can inflict their unhealthy lifestyle on others.

This is widely  accepted,  yet  oddly, many are refusing to follow rules, laws and guidlines to protect others from a killer virus.

0.004% does not a "killer " virus make. but it does allow thosein power to pushcontrol on terrified morons.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

"I was one who thought that Covid does not exist. Until I got sick," he wrote in his final post - Page 2 Empty Re: "I was one who thought that Covid does not exist. Until I got sick," he wrote in his final post

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:59 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:
Yes it is, in the UK it would be unusual now to see someone lighting up indoors in a public space.
Apart from the fact it's illegal, other people, smokers and none smokers alike  wouldn't tolerate it...it's just a way of life now..

We still have some bars you can smoke in.  People that dont like smoke just stay away and go to places where it's illegal.  

It's a crazy concept but we still have some vestiges of a free society in lieu of living on the benevolent masters plantation.  

I think maybe private clubs with membership can still have smoking rooms here, tbh I would have to google to check, and I cant be bothered. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:06 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

We still have some bars you can smoke in.  People that dont like smoke just stay away and go to places where it's illegal.  

It's a crazy concept but we still have some vestiges of a free society in lieu of living on the benevolent masters plantation.  

I think maybe private clubs with membership can still have smoking rooms here, tbh I would have to google to check, and I cant be bothered. Razz

Because we have local control, it's up to the folks in each state, or city to decide these matters.

In any event, too much freedom and too little freedom can be a problem. Always error on the side of too much.

The rough seas of freedom are better than the calm seas of despotism.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:25 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Because we have local control, it's up to the folks in each state, or city to decide these matters.  

In any event, too much freedom and too little freedom can be a problem. Always error on the side of too much.

It depends what that freedom is though surely.

One mans freedom to smoke indoors, in restaurants, on public transport etc....infringes on the next mans freedom to not be tainted by his stench.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:30 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

One mans  freedom to smoke indoors, in restaurants, on public transport etc....infringes on the next mans freedom to not be tainted by his stench.

Public transport is publically owned.  A bar isn't.  It's like your car.

Let's say you lived in an areas with a dozen bars and 3 allowed smoking and 9 didn't.

Do you really need to force the 3 to stop, or could you mange to just give your money to the 9 that didn't?

Oh, as for me, I stay out of the places that have smoking even though I have friends that work there. I might drop in one of these days for a beer, but between covid and smoke, I have far too many better options. But that choice is mine and isn't being made by my benevolent master on our plantation.

Last edited by Maddog on Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:33 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

As a lifetime non smoker I understand the dislike of the smell, the smoke, coming home from the pub or night club with a burn hole in your favourite shirt.
From their side, it chills them out, it is a social event or was, they pay quite a lot in tax to buy cigarettes, they earned the money, why should they be told how to spend it, my biggest fear is allowing control, though the reason seems excellent and well founded, means something else can be controlled with the same or similar argument, if we are to love and accept diversity in all it's genders, sexualities, colours, shapes, why are working so hard to create a grey suit society of acceptable norms.

One mans  freedom to smoke indoors, in restaurants, on public transport etc....infringes on the next mans freedom to not be tainted by his stench.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:44 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Let's say you lived in an areas with a dozen bars and 3 allowed smoking and 9 didn't.

Do you really need to force the 3 to stop, or could you mange to just give your money to the 9 that didn't?

Oh, as for me, I stay out of the places that have smoking even though I have friends that work there.  I might drop in one of these days for a beer, but between covid and smoke, I have far too many  better options. But that choice is mine and isn't  being made by my  benevolent master on our plantation.  

I agree with you actually. I think the No smoking rule in all bars was over the top.

If a landlord wanted to continue to allow smoking I think he should have had that freedom. Which would leave others to have a total 100% ban on smoking, which would include the outside eating area.
My pet hate is enjoying a meal outside in a pub and people around me are smoking...which they are allowed to do in some places.
Either have smoking or not....not half and half.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:55 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Oh, as for me, I stay out of the places that have smoking even though I have friends that work there.  I might drop in one of these days for a beer, but between covid and smoke, I have far too many  better options. But that choice is mine and isn't  being made by my  benevolent master on our plantation.  

I agree with you actually. I think the No smoking rule in all bars was over the top.

If a landlord wanted to continue to allow smoking I think he should have had that freedom. Which would leave others to have a total 100% ban on smoking, which would include the outside eating area.
My pet hate is enjoying a meal outside in a pub and people around me are smoking...which they are allowed to do in some places.

Actually, where smoking is not allowed, it is a labor consideration. In the US, states where smoking is not allowed, base the law on the unfairness of forcing waiters and waitresses/bar tenders/kitchen staff/etc., to have to work in unhealthy conditions.

Proprietors of small places have gotten around this law by making minor shareholders of their employees.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:01 pm

I worked in nightclubs for well over 10 years where smoking was the norm. I even worked as a cigarette girl in my teens....encouraging others to smoke as I sashayed around in my little red costume and black fishnet tights. Laughing

As far as I know it didn't do me any harm, but I know for sure I wouldn't be doing it nowadays nor would I expect anyone else to work in those smoky, smelly foggy conditions.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:15 pm

Regular exposure to second-hand smoke can cause harm. The risk and severity of the harm depends on the length of exposure and amount of smoke you are exposed to.

In the long term, people exposed to second-hand smoke have a greater risk of suffering from:

* Breathing problems, such as increased coughing, wheezing, pneumonia and asthma

* Heart disease

* Stroke

* Nasal sinus cancer

* Lung cancer

For some people, even low levels of exposure can cause problems. Almost immediately, physical reactions can occur that are linked to heart disease and stroke. These reactions include increased heart rate, less oxygen to the heart, and constricted blood vessels that increase blood pressure and make the heart work harder.

Pregnant women exposed to second-hand smoke can have a greater risk of miscarriages, premature birth and babies with low birth weight.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:22 pm

Yes I know the facts and figures Quill, and thankfully most people don't have to work in those conditions nowadays.

Whether they used less toxic tobacco back in the day (I am talking the 70's here) where most people seemed to smoke and many worked for hours on end in smoky conditions...yet didn't seem to be affected by it, who knows?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:22 pm

Bet that's cheered everyone over a certain age up.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:31 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Most of our outdoor patios either have tiny smoking sections, or you have to leave the property. The market has has pretty much handled the problem.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:Regular exposure to second-hand smoke can cause harm. The risk and severity of the harm depends on the length of exposure and amount of smoke you are exposed to.

In the long term, people exposed to second-hand smoke have a greater risk of suffering from:

* Breathing problems, such as increased coughing, wheezing, pneumonia and asthma

* Heart disease

* Stroke

* Nasal sinus cancer

* Lung cancer

For some people, even low levels of exposure can cause problems. Almost immediately, physical reactions can occur that are linked to heart disease and stroke. These reactions include increased heart rate, less oxygen to the heart, and constricted blood vessels that increase blood pressure and make the heart work harder.

Pregnant women exposed to second-hand smoke can have a greater risk of miscarriages, premature birth and babies with low birth weight.

thank goodness for the rapid response of the gov to ban smoking in public places, it only took , how long?
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:16 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Most of our outdoor patios either have tiny smoking sections, or you have to leave the property.  The market has has pretty much handled the problem.  
Sadly, a couple of my favourite places where the outside eating area is lovely, does allow smoking outside.. Fewer people smoke now so it's not the problem it used to be, it still spoils a meal though if you can smell someones fag whilst you are eating.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:27 pm

I remember when Fort Worth went no-smoking, I expected a lot of bar owners to be upset, but actually most of them supported the policy because smokers kept a lot of people from coming to their bars who otherwise might have. They finally had justification to tell people to put 'em out Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:34 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I remember when Fort Worth went no-smoking, I expected a lot of bar owners to be upset, but actually most of them supported the policy because smokers kept a lot of people from coming to their bars who otherwise might have. They finally had justification to tell people to put 'em out Smile

By the time FW went non smoking most bars were already non smoking. At least the newer ones. Basically bar owners already had a clientele. If that clientele was largely non smoking it didn't affect them. If you had a bar with a high concentration of smokers, you lost revenue. Also, FW doesn't have a nearby city for smokers to go to, unless you count Pantego. That's what hurts bar owners. When there is a city nearby with a bit more freedom.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:10 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Regular exposure to second-hand smoke can cause harm. The risk and severity of the harm depends on the length of exposure and amount of smoke you are exposed to.

* Heart disease

* Stroke

* Nasal sinus cancer

* Lung cancer

thank goodness for the rapid response of the gov to ban smoking in public places, it only took , how long?

Yes, that's generally the pattern of these social programs...it takes a law. The resisters are usually RW'ers, just like those who presently oppose common sense mandates surrounding the Covid virus.

It's only after the shouting is over that everyone realizes that the measure was well worth it, and cost justified. People, if left to their own devices, are their own worst enemy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

Yes, that's generally the pattern of these social programs...it takes a law.  The resisters are usually RW'ers, just like those who presently oppose common sense mandates surrounding the Covid virus.

It's only after the shouting is over that everyone realizes that the measure was well worth it, and cost justified.  People, if left to their own devices, are their own worst enemy.

That's why you need supervision. I'd be surprised if you can wipe your own ass.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:15 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes, that's generally the pattern of these social programs...it takes a law.  The resisters are usually RW'ers, just like those who presently oppose common sense mandates surrounding the Covid virus.

It's only after the shouting is over that everyone realizes that the measure was well worth it, and cost justified.  People, if left to their own devices, are their own worst enemy.

That's why you need supervision. I'd be surprised if you can wipe your own ass.

I knew as I was writing that such a post would get you goat.  You are the classic RW'er that would be jealous of anyone who had put in the work to gain scientific expertise.

Add to that your own crudeness of thought, and you have a southerner.  Haha...if you can't out think 'em, out shoot 'em!  Hence, the violence and love of lynching.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:46 am

inmyopinion wrote:

* Heart disease

* Stroke

* Nasal sinus cancer

* Lung cancer

It would have happened a lot faster had it not been for all the right-wing opposition.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:54 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

It would have happened a lot faster had it not been for all the right-wing opposition.

I dont think the anti smoking opposition was really right wing. A lot of poorer and working class folks liked to smoke a cigarette and have a beer. I know for a fact that a lot of small bar owners who have been hurt are not right wing, and the local politicians pushing for smoking bans were conservative.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:17 pm

Being poor or working class does not make you a liberal. Most of Trump’s support comes from people who aren't very educated and don't make a lot of money.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:34 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Being poor or working class does not make you a liberal. Most of Trump’s support comes from people who aren't very educated and don't make a lot of money.

Agreed.

Funny how times have changed eh?

But the smoking issue really wasn't about liberals and conservatives. Not like say abortion. It was a bit more nuanced.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:17 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

I dont think the anti smoking opposition was really right wing. A lot of poorer and working class folks liked to smoke a cigarette and have a beer.  I know for a fact that a lot of small bar owners who have been hurt are not right wing, and the local politicians pushing for smoking bans were conservative.  

It's not the bar-owners.  The smoking cause became RW since the money class became involved.  Tobacco companies are huge holding companies, and they feel they have to protect their interests.

The tactics that the Tobacco companies used were the tactics of monied interests.  As things evolved, they became the rich manipulating the poor, and the poor being the victims.

Smoking wasn't at the center, per se.  But the tactics used to draw children into being addicted were linked to physicians and psychologists, which required money to support the enterprise.  That's why big fat-cats were at the congressional table denying that smoking was dangerous.

Now they are into new mischief with Vaping.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:07 am

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Being poor or working class does not make you a liberal. Most of Trump’s support comes from people who aren't very educated and don't make a lot of money.

Agreed.

But the smoking issue really wasn't about liberals and conservatives. Not like say abortion. It was a bit more nuanced.

They changed when the right learned to use the latent bigotries within the white uneducated working class to get them to vote against their own interests.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:40 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Agreed.

They changed when the right learned to use the latent bigotries within the white uneducated working class to get them to vote against their own interests.

Wonder where they learned that? Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:34 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Wonder where they learned that? Cool

The Heritage Foundation, the Cato Institute, Eagle Forum, Alliance Defending Freedom, Badger Foundation, Bradley Institute, Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association, Calvert Institute for Policy Research, Institute for Faith and Freedom, Church League of America, Liberty Political Action Conference...the list is just too long to include all of them.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2