NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you bring to society?

+3
Syl
Victorismyhero
eddie
7 posters

Go down

What do you bring to society? Empty What do you bring to society?

Post by eddie Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:33 am

I’ll start.

I have a job where I am solely employed to make “customers happy” - that is to say, I am employed purely as, in the words of my bosses, “smile, shine, chat...make them feel special”.

Okay, that sounds like I’m a prostitute or some shit hahahahaha...but I’m Front Of House for a big corporate company, I calm people, smile, and give them an “experience” so that they come back.

So what do I bring to society?

I never anger even when dealing with the most hostile customer. I treat everyone as an individual - an old couple has a different ‘need’ to a builder who has a different need to a family of four etc. I read each individual's need and each individual need, and I charm, sparkle and engage.
So I guess I bring a moment of “I’m all yours” to society when sometimes, that’s all a customer wants. Just a moment of pure engagement.

In all relationships, lovers, spouses, siblings, friendships, work colleagues, the public...we have a role to play.

What’s yours?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Original Quill and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

What do you bring to society? Empty Re: What do you bring to society?

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:39 am

I'm the "Mr fixit" for the entire estate...the guy folks come to when they want a small job doing (and some not so small) cos they know I have both the tools and the skills....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:22 pm

Outside of my immediate family....nothing really.

When I hear of all the people who have done so much for others, and over the last few months it's become much more noticeable, I feel a bit redundant as far as spreading myself further afield goes.

When I did work I was the life and soul, tbh, I like my quieter life now, and I suppose if I bring anything to the people I know it's humour, a listening ear and empathy to others if they have problems.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

nicko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:27 pm

Not a lot, I'm afraid. I try to help anyone where and if I can, don't know if it counts for much. I was a blood donor for as long as I could be.
I prefer the environment and trying not to leave too much of a mark in any way, although I suppose that's part of it. So all in all not a lot.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:38 pm

I try to keep as many breweries as I can, profitable.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Ben Reilly and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:51 am

Vintage wrote:Not a lot, I'm afraid. I try to help anyone where and if I can, don't know if it counts for much. I was a blood donor for as long as I could be.
I prefer the environment and trying not to leave too much of a mark in any way, although I suppose that's part of it. So all in all not a lot.

I was a blood donor too Vintage...I forgot to mention that. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:09 pm

Yes that's about the only thing of any use I actually done - be a donor.
They seemed to like my blood it was wanted for something other than plain transfusion I never did get to the bottom of it but something about the plasma part more than the red cells. We used to get bused to a temporary transfusion place from work twice a year, it was an hour out of the office.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:57 pm

eddie wrote:I’ll start.

I have a job where I am solely employed to make “customers happy” - that is to say, I am employed purely as, in the words of my bosses, “smile, shine, chat...make them feel special”.

Okay, that sounds like I’m a prostitute or some shit hahahahaha...but I’m Front Of House for a big corporate company, I calm people, smile, and give them an “experience” so that they come back.

So what do I bring to society?

I never anger even when dealing with the most hostile customer. I treat everyone as an individual - an old couple has a different ‘need’ to a builder who has a different need to a family of four etc. I read each individual's need and each individual need, and I charm, sparkle and engage.
So I guess I bring a moment of “I’m all yours” to society when sometimes, that’s all a customer wants. Just a moment of pure engagement.

In all relationships, lovers, spouses, siblings, friendships, work colleagues, the public...we have a role to play.

What’s yours?

a permanent smile, a positive nature, how to do it not excuses why we can't, a strong faith, a deep love, a balanced outlook, common sense, beautiful, law abiding children, i will help anyone, I don't hold grudges, I try to look at things from all angles, a trusting nature but not stupid, a good listner, an encourager, help us much as I can.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:09 pm

All good responses, even Maddog...I guess. Razz

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:10 pm

In just about every role I find myself, I usually find myself a) trying to make sense of something about the world that is confounding, and b) if I succeed, trying to help others make sense of it. I think that's what I've been doing in my writing for decades, and it also translates to being a stepfather in this latest chapter in my life.

Other than that, I just try to give everybody a chance and remember that everyone has a story to tell. I don't always succeed, to be fair ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

inmyopinion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down