NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gay Cure Counsellors Struck Off By Christian Counselling Service

+2
jaded fox
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gay Cure Counsellors Struck Off By Christian Counselling Service - Page 2 Empty Gay Cure Counsellors Struck Off By Christian Counselling Service

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Two Christian counsellors who offered gay cures to patients have been denied accreditation Association of Christian Counsellors, with the way paved for others with similar offerings to also be expelled.

The request to bar counsellor Lesley Pilkington, and the Core Issues Trust, a separate organisation offering gay cures headed by Dr Mike Davidson, was made by the Professional Standards Authority for Heath And Social Care.

Two other secular bodies, the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and the UK Council for Therapy have also banned Pilkington and Davidson from membership and accreditation, because of the "harmful" practice.

But now the faith-based counselling body has removed therapists for offering gay cures.

James Taylor, head of policy at Stonewall told HuffPostUK: "Stonewall, as well as the BACP and the UKTC, has always been clear that counselling and psychotherapy services should be based on the best medical evidence rather than the offensive idea of 'voodoo' gay cures.

"Sadly this is not a view that Lesley Pilkington and the Core Issues Trust share."

Pilkington was the subject of a successful sting after Guardian reporter Patrick Strudwick posed as a potential Christian client seeking a cure for homosexual feelings. The paper published an expose, which led the accreditation bodies to declare they would no longer accept members who promoted gay cures.

Mike Davidson, was last year stripped of professional status with the British Psychodrama Association. He was at the centre of a row over posters he attempted to have displayed on London buses, in the style of the Stonewall slogans, which said. “Not Gay! Ex-Gay, Post-Gay and Proud. Get over it!"

Mayor of London Boris Johnson ordered Transport for London not to accept the posters, and Davidson has challenged the decision twice in the courts.

Andrea Williams, chief executive of Christian Legal Centre which represents Pilkington and Davidson, commented: "It appears that the ACC has succumbed to pressure from the State. This is highly disturbing."

Gaylesta, the LGBTQ Psychotherapist Association, has guidelines which state: “Striving to treat what is not a disorder is not therapy, it is professionalised homophobia. It is dangerous, and it is a threat to all LGBTQ people. Individuals who have undergone these treatments often have a significantly larger chance of becoming self destructive and suicidal.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/02/28/gay-cure_n_4874057.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Gay Cure Counsellors Struck Off By Christian Counselling Service - Page 2 Empty Re: Gay Cure Counsellors Struck Off By Christian Counselling Service

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:16 pm

anyway this subject as usual strayed a little...

it's quite sad that people could lose their jobs because of their faith..

Back to top Go down

Gay Cure Counsellors Struck Off By Christian Counselling Service - Page 2 Empty Re: Gay Cure Counsellors Struck Off By Christian Counselling Service

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:52 pm

heavenly father wrote:anyway this subject as usual strayed a little...

Because of their faith? Gay Cure Counsellors Struck Off By Christian Counselling Service - Page 2 Smile167They wanted to cure gays????  Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:58 pm

feelthelove wrote:
heavenly father wrote:anyway this subject as usual strayed a little...

Because of their faith? Gay Cure Counsellors Struck Off By Christian Counselling Service - Page 2 Smile167They wanted to cure gays????  Shocked

Good evening FTL.

I personally do not believe that homosexuality is an illness but I accept that I might be wrong & it's important to keep an open mind on such issues.And if someone thinks they may have a cure for homosexuality then lets put the theory to the test & if it doesn't 'cure'the subject then that persons theory is blown out of the water.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Shady wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Good evening FTL.

I personally do not believe that homosexuality is an illness but I accept that I might be wrong & it's important to keep an open mind on such issues.And if someone thinks they may have a cure for homosexuality then lets put the theory to the test & if it doesn't 'cure'the subject then that persons theory is blown out of the water.

Good Evening Shady Gay Cure Counsellors Struck Off By Christian Counselling Service - Page 2 Pirate23

These "cures" have already been proven to do more harm than good so job done Gay Cure Counsellors Struck Off By Christian Counselling Service - Page 2 Thumb114

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:38 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

actually the bible makes it quite clear about homosexuality but freedom of choice does not seem to matter to the pc brigade obviously..

I thought you said Jesus came and changed many things?

How odd, what did Jesus say on homosexuality?

Nothing, he did though teach you to treat others fairly and with love, so is odd you cannot do the former with Gay people and instead wish to promote discrimination against them based off a verse, which from the same chapter you ignore the command to kill children that disobey their parents or to kill adulterers.
Maybe you can explain why you are not an advocate for the death penalty for disobedient children and
adulterers?
Or do you just pick verses you like then, to make your faith, whilst ignoring others?

This is true HF. If you're truly a Christian, or any religion come to that, shouldn't you accept everyone for who they are?
I never understood this about you.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:29 pm

eddie wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

I thought you said Jesus came and changed many things?

How odd, what did Jesus say on homosexuality?

Nothing, he did though teach you to treat others fairly and with love, so is odd you cannot do the former with Gay people and instead wish to promote discrimination against them based off a verse, which from the same chapter you ignore the command to kill children that disobey their parents or to kill adulterers.
Maybe you can explain why you are not an advocate for the death penalty for disobedient children and
adulterers?
Or do you just pick verses you like then, to make your faith, whilst ignoring others?

This is true HF. If you're truly a Christian, or any religion come to that, shouldn't you accept everyone for who they are?

no Eddie that's a common misconception, all sin separates us from God, homosexuality included, the command to all Christians is to spread the good news, Grace can save any sinner but they need to know about it to accept it...

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:07 pm

heavenly father wrote:
eddie wrote:

no Eddie that's a common misconception, all sin separates us from God, homosexuality included, the command to all Christians is to spread the good news, Grace can save any sinner but they need to know about it to accept it...

And HF thinks he knows better than Jesus, so it is okay for him do act in complete contradiction to his teachings regarding loving thy fellow man and accepting people for who they are. HF is apparently sin-less since he fells the right to throw stones at gays. Unless of course he Spits in the face of Jesus and denies his teachings so he can follow his hate filled prerogative.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:11 pm

No HF I don't think god sees love as a sin.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:47 am

I always assumed that if there is a god homosexuality was part of the plan. It would make sense because the earth has finite resources and the presence of gay people allow the population to continue on with out adding as many more people to the equation. All humans have the need for social interaction which in many cases includes the desire for intimacy and love. The need to form families also seems to be programed into the human brain. So from strictly a biological sense homosexuality makes sense because you have a set of non breeding adults who can and desire to care for offspring without the ability to produce their own. More individuals to help raise the next generation with out adding too much to the population density.

I have had way to much coffee and not enough sleep so I will go and play some games now before I start exposing more insane theories.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:06 pm

@fox
you should drink more coffee and sleep less, because the above is genius  ::cheerlead:: ::cheerlead:: ::cheerlead:: 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:12 pm

It's more than genius if that's possible. Keep talking Fox, I'll supply the coffee.

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:01 am

Sassy wrote:It's more than genius if that's possible.   Keep talking Fox, I'll supply the coffee.

veya_victaous wrote:@fox
you should drink more coffee and sleep less, because the above is genius ::cheerlead:: ::cheerlead:: ::cheerlead::

Sorry had a nap. Back to being the dumb snarky person I usually am.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2