NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relate Cambridge offers counselling gift vouchers as wedding presents

Go down

Relate Cambridge offers counselling gift vouchers as wedding presents Empty Relate Cambridge offers counselling gift vouchers as wedding presents

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 7:21 pm

Relate Cambridge offers counselling gift vouchers as wedding presents _75167180_wedding_cake

A relationship counselling charity is offering vouchers for marriage guidance sessions as wedding gifts.

Relate Cambridge suggests its gift vouchers would be a good way to "nurture a relationship".

Vouchers given as a wedding present could help couples prepare for marriage, a spokeswoman said.

Relationship "MOT" vouchers are also available as "anniversary gifts". Funds raised from sales will be ploughed back into the charity.

'Hazardous process'

"Relate Cambridge is recognising the importance of the preventative work it does on relationships with the new gift vouchers," the charity's Elaine Taylor said.

"These make thoughtful, practical and unusual gifts and give couples the best possible opportunity to stay on the right track with their relationship.

"I've looked around and haven't seen anything else like these gift vouchers before."

A couple who married last year put counselling sessions with Relate on their wedding gift list, she added.

Asked whether people would consider the vouchers a suitable gift, Ms Taylor said: "Getting a gift right is a hazardous process.

"You have to hope that people receive them and understand they were given with good intent.

"People might think, 'Oh my goodness, they obviously think I've got a problem', but I think the whole perception has to change.

"To have some time to anticipate the challenges, and have some strategies, is a much more positive approach than saying 'somebody thinks that we're heading for separation and problems'. That's not what it's all about."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-27606083

Relate Cambridge offers counselling gift vouchers as wedding presents Smiley12

Back to top Go down

Relate Cambridge offers counselling gift vouchers as wedding presents Empty Re: Relate Cambridge offers counselling gift vouchers as wedding presents

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Hmmm ... yes, giving newlyweds a voucher for marriage counseling says exactly that "I think your relationship is in trouble," and I really don't see couples viewing it any other way. I'm going to be controversial and predict that they don't sell many Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Relate Cambridge offers counselling gift vouchers as wedding presents Empty Re: Relate Cambridge offers counselling gift vouchers as wedding presents

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 7:29 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Hmmm ... yes, giving newlyweds a voucher for marriage counseling says exactly that "I think your relationship is in trouble," and I really don't see couples viewing it any other way. I'm going to be controversial and predict that they don't sell many Smile

You'd have to be very brave or very stupid I think, can you imagine???? Relate Cambridge offers counselling gift vouchers as wedding presents No_sha10 I think most would take it as an insult.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down