NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who got treated better by their governments?

5 posters

Go down

Who got treated better by their governments? Empty Who got treated better by their governments?

Post by Maddog Wed May 20, 2020 4:57 pm

Who got treated better by their governments? Screen21
Who got treated better by their governments? Screen22
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Who got treated better by their governments? Empty Re: Who got treated better by their governments?

Post by Original Quill Wed May 20, 2020 5:35 pm

Meanwhile...

Daily Edge wrote:Nude-in protests over public nudity restrictions

A city supervisor has proposed introducing restrictions on public nudity, including requiring people to cover-up while in restaurants

SEVERAL DOZEN men and at least one woman took part in a naked protest yesterday in an area of the Castro District neighbourhood in San Francisco that has become known for its nude visitors.

Several carried signs that read, “Nudity is Not a Crime” and “Get Your Hate Off My Body,” as they milled around, undeterred by the brisk weather and light mist.

San Francisco generally allows public nudity, but a city supervisor has proposed regulating the practice. Supervisor Scott Wiener’s proposal would require the clothing-averse to cover up in restaurants. It would also require nudists to put a cloth or other barrier under their bottoms if they take a seat in public.

Mitch Hightower, the organiser of the so-called “nude-in,” said it was not intended as a protest against the proposal. The goal, Hightower said, was to promote acceptance of the human body no matter what shape or form it comes in.

“The people out here believe there is nothing indecent or offensive about the human body,” he said.

Who got treated better by their governments? IMG_0390

The event, which had been scheduled before Wiener’s proposal was announced, was part of the unofficial celebrations leading up to the annual Folsom Street Fair, billed as the world’s largest leather and fetish event.

...freedom to step out of the house?  Freedom to step out of one's jeans.  It's always something. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Who got treated better by their governments? Empty Re: Who got treated better by their governments?

Post by Lurker Wed May 20, 2020 6:35 pm

"Supervisor Scott Wiener’s proposal would require the clothing-averse to cover up in restaurants."
Wiener?? LOL
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Lurker wrote:"Supervisor Scott Wiener’s proposal would require the clothing-averse to cover up in restaurants."  
Wiener?? LOL

Maybe he's kin to Anthony?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 20, 2020 8:35 pm

Why do people have to bring firearms, swastikas and Confederate flags to protests over the lockdown?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed May 20, 2020 8:38 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Why do people have to bring firearms, swastikas and Confederate flags to protests over the lockdown?

Because they have tiny penises and a defective brain.

Last edited by Lurker on Thu May 21, 2020 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 20, 2020 8:57 pm

Lurker wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Why do people have to bring firearms, swastikas and Confederate flags to protests over the lockdown?

Because the have tiny penises and a defective brain.

Or because it’s America? People generally leave their weapons and Nazi propaganda at home, over here.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 20, 2020 9:18 pm

eddie wrote:
Lurker wrote:

Or because it’s America? People generally leave their weapons and Nazi propaganda at home, over here.

Whereas southerners in America generally bring their weapons and wave their Nazi flags...if they get drunk enough, they generally lynch or shoot someone.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 20, 2020 9:31 pm

The flags are useless.

The firearms are the key issue here.

Who got treated better?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 20, 2020 9:32 pm

eddie wrote:
Lurker wrote:

Santiago is in America?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 20, 2020 9:36 pm

Lets try again,  since this confused the fuck out of everyone. Pay attention. There are two pictures. That's how comparisons work.

(Lurker, you are excused)

Who got treated better by their governments? Kent10
Who got treated better by their governments? Black-10
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 20, 2020 11:10 pm

The question appears problematic. Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 21, 2020 12:17 am

Maddog wrote:The question appears problematic. Rolling Eyes

Why don’t you just ask the question with words?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 21, 2020 12:19 am

I guess the answer Maddog seems to be going for is that the Michigan government treated its people better, because it didn't shoot them?

Of course, we have no idea about the circumstances going on in any of those photos or scenarios, so I'm basically just going with "don't shoot people."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu May 21, 2020 3:53 am

eddie wrote:

I did. I have posted 4 pictures now..in two of them the protesters were unharmed. In two, they were beaten or killed. I asked in which were they treated better. It was very simple.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu May 21, 2020 3:54 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I guess the answer Maddog seems to be going for is that the Michigan government treated its people better, because it didn't shoot them?

Of course, we have no idea about the circumstances going on in any of those photos or scenarios, so I'm basically just going with "don't shoot people."

It didn't even touch them.

Weird.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 21, 2020 10:33 am

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I guess the answer Maddog seems to be going for is that the Michigan government treated its people better, because it didn't shoot them?

Weird.  

What's weird is the obsession with ideology shared by so many libertarians.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu May 21, 2020 3:16 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Weird.  

This isn't really about ideology. I posted a pic of the Bkack Panthers. They aren't libertarians yet 50 years ago they marched on the California State House fully armed and no one touched them.

What anti gunners are too dishonest to admit is that the mere presence of armed individuals changes the dynamics of any protest. People are treated better by the authorities. That's exactly the idea behind the second amendment and the reason governments try to stamp out that idea. Peaceful, but armed individuals could make things a lot more messy than those armed with signs yelling " hooray for our side".

Remember the Bundy Ranch stand off?

The government backed off there too when they saw all those rifle barrels.

At least until they could get a car load of them alone.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 21, 2020 3:53 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

This isn't really about ideology. I posted a pic of the Bkack Panthers. They aren't libertarians yet 50 years ago they marched on the California State House fully armed and no one touched them.

What anti gunners are too dishonest to admit is that the mere presence of armed individuals changes the dynamics of any protest.  People are treated better by the authorities. That's exactly the idea behind the second amendment and the reason governments try to stamp out that idea. Peaceful, but armed individuals could make things a lot more messy than those armed with signs yelling " hooray for our side".

You are misreading the situation. The Black Panthers were left untouched because a sane state, California, was in charge. Had those pictures been taken in South Carolina or Mississippi, the confrontation would have resulted in a massacre.

WTF do you think we want to set adrift those uncivilized bastards?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu May 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Rodney King chuckled from his grave.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 21, 2020 4:39 pm

Maddog wrote:Rodney King chuckled from his grave.  

California had its fair share of southerners who became law enforcement officers back in the post-war period, when people were sorting themselves out. Southerners are so violent that they gravitated to positions where they could abuse their authority, everywhere in the nation. They spread the infection of racism just like a virus.

It took a generation to clean them out. But with education, and strict rules of ethics, the rest of the country managed to do so.

In the south? Well, take a look at Brunswick, Georgia. Ahmaud Arbery doesn't have fond memories.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 22, 2020 12:36 am

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Weird.  

What anti gunners are too dishonest to admit is that the mere presence of armed individuals changes the dynamics of any protest.  People are treated better by the authorities. That's exactly the idea behind the second amendment and the reason governments try to stamp out that idea. Peaceful, but armed individuals could make things a lot more messy than those armed with signs yelling " hooray for our side".

Okay, I'm not going to be a Quill and tar everyone with the same brush, but -- I've never encountered a libertarian in real life or online who doesn't have a weird tendency to bring every topic under the sun back to libertarianism. It's like when you meet a born-again Christian and everything's Jesus this, God that.

Secondly (hahaha), here's the text of the Second Amendment:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It could not be more clear that the amendment was intended to allow the government to muster an army, for "the security of a free State."

The amendment was NOT included for the purpose of allowing people to scare the government or to change the tone of anti-lockdown protests.

Bundy and his little band of weirdos were dealt with eventually, because having guns does not give you the right to dictate what the laws are in America. Might doesn't make right -- right?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 22, 2020 12:38 am

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

I did. I have posted 4 pictures now..in two of them the protesters were unharmed. In two, they were beaten or killed. I asked in which were they treated better.  It was very simple.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer someone simply saying that they think, using words.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri May 22, 2020 12:39 am

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I did. I have posted 4 pictures now..in two of them the protesters were unharmed. In two, they were beaten or killed. I asked in which were they treated better.  It was very simple.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer someone simply saying that they think, using words.

I was asking you. I already know what I think.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri May 22, 2020 12:41 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Okay, I'm not going to be a Quill and tar everyone with the same brush, but -- I've never encountered a libertarian in real life or online who doesn't have a weird tendency to bring every topic under the sun back to libertarianism. It's like when you meet a born-again Christian and everything's Jesus this, God that.

Secondly (hahaha), here's the text of the Second Amendment:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It could not be more clear that the amendment was intended to allow the government to muster an army, for "the security of a free State."

The amendment was NOT included for the purpose of allowing people to scare the government or to change the tone of anti-lockdown protests.

Bundy and his little band of weirdos were dealt with eventually, because having guns does not give you the right to dictate what the laws are in America. Might doesn't make right -- right?

Who are "the people"?

You do realize that the military is mentioned elsewhere in the constitution. There is no need for the second amendment to create an army.

Last edited by Maddog on Fri May 22, 2020 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 22, 2020 12:42 am

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I was asking you.  I already know what I think.  

Yes, and I am stating that I prefer to answer when someone uses words to make a point rather than pictures?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri May 22, 2020 12:45 am

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I was asking you.  I already know what I think.  

Yes, and I am stating that I prefer to answer when someone uses words to make a point rather than pictures?

Ok. Who got treated better. Armed citizens in Michigan or unarmed citizens in Santigo.

The Black Panthers at then California State house or protestors at Kend State?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri May 22, 2020 12:50 am

Article I, Section 8, Clause 12:

[The Congress shall have Power . . .] To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years; . . .

The second amendment is talking about the same people in the first amendment, and their right to be armed.

Any HONEST reading of the men who wrote and signed the document backs this up.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri May 22, 2020 1:05 am

One more thing before I Hop on my bike.

The second amendment isn't granting a militia the right to keep and bear arms. It specifically states that the PEOPLE have that right.

And that right is necessary for a free state.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 22, 2020 1:08 am

Can’t answer. I don’t know enough about the subject. When I don’t know something I’d rather say nothing.
So I’ll wait until I either learn more or someone else says something I can comment on.

Enjoy your bike ride!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 22, 2020 1:23 am

Maddog wrote:Article I, Section 8, Clause 12:

[The Congress shall have Power . . .] To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years; . . .

The second amendment is talking about the same people in the first amendment, and their right to be armed.  

Any HONEST reading of the men who wrote and signed the document backs this up.

Yes, the Army (or military) is mentioned elsewhere in the Constitution.  But you are not discussing them are you?  You are addressing the right to bear arms.  The military is so much more.

The Second Amendment can be read as preparatory to the need for additional militia.  Life was different back in the 1790's.  The military was basically an Army-in-waiting...waiting to be called upon if necessary.  Otherwise, people were farmers, smithies, shopkeepers, cooks, trappers, librarians, hotel keepers and all manner of occupations.

With the National Guard it's not that much different today, save that the government provides the equipment necessary to engage an enemy.  But what hasn't changed is the need for people to be prepared to be 'called-up'.  So, the Second Amendment is as much about being prepared, as in the motto of the Boy Scouts, and it isn't about carrying around dicks for men that have none.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri May 22, 2020 5:04 am

eddie wrote:Can’t answer. I don’t know enough about the subject. When I don’t know something I’d rather say nothing.
So I’ll wait until I either learn more or someone else says something I can comment on.

Enjoy your bike ride!  

What's there to know?

Who got assaulted and who didnt?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri May 22, 2020 3:45 pm

eddie wrote:Can’t answer. I don’t know enough about the subject. When I don’t know something I’d rather say nothing.

Enjoy your bike ride!  

And on the original post, I made sure there were a couple of paragraphs to read about each story.

Think if it like soft or hardcore porn. Then explain the differences. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 22, 2020 4:23 pm

Maddog wrote:

Enjoy your bike ride!  

What's there to know?

Who got assaulted and who didnt?

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.  Correlation does not equal causation.  

https://www.thoughtco.com/post-hoc-fallacy-1691650

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri May 22, 2020 7:42 pm

Who got treated better by their governments? Change10
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 22, 2020 9:01 pm

Or Revolutions.  Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down