NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

did anyone see Nigel farage's hand gun idea?

+7
nicko
Andy
Eilzel
'Wolfie
Victorismyhero
Maddog
inmyopinion
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

did anyone see Nigel farage's hand gun idea? Empty did anyone see Nigel farage's hand gun idea?

Post by inmyopinion Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:07 pm

He suggested that licenced holders should be allowed to have handguns again.
What do you think of the idea?
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

did anyone see Nigel farage's hand gun idea? Empty Re: did anyone see Nigel farage's hand gun idea?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:08 pm

He is insane.

We have enough problems with twats turning up at Tesco demanding to be fidstbin or they will open fire. We have already seen cretins kicking supermarket windows in out of anger and frustration.

Last edited by Brutus on Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

did anyone see Nigel farage's hand gun idea? Empty Re: did anyone see Nigel farage's hand gun idea?

Post by inmyopinion Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:09 pm

Brutus wrote:He is insane.

I don't think it will ever happen but i do think the right to own handguns were removed on a knee jerk reaction.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:10 pm

inmyopinion wrote:He suggested that licenced holders should be allowed to have handguns again.

I think they should be able to have them without a license.

But I'm not a snowflake. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Maddog wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:He suggested that licenced holders should be allowed to have handguns again.

I agree with that, love guns Smile Smile Smile
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:35 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Maddog wrote:

That comment is a quick way to get the folks wound up. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:51 pm

I think (looking from the brit POV) that yes, though the checks to get a handgun licence should be even tougher than is requires for schedule 1 firearms (basically bulleted weapons, rather than shot weapons ...which are schedule 2)
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:55 pm

having said that though....I hold a section 2 licence...(and the paraphernalia to go with it....) and given the sheer destructiveness of a shot gun......one wonders why I cant own for instance a .22 pistol....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:11 pm

Maddog wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

That comment is  a quick way to get the folks wound up. Cool

snowflake or lefty libtard. then they really go bang.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:13 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:I think (looking from the brit POV) that yes, though the checks to get a handgun licence should be even tougher than is requires for schedule 1 firearms (basically bulleted weapons, rather than shot weapons ...which are schedule 2)

perhaps it needs to include some type of psyche analysis but I don't see why competent people, interested in handguns should be denied.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:14 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:having said that though....I hold a section 2 licence...(and the paraphernalia to go with it....) and given the sheer destructiveness of a shot gun......one wonders why I cant own for instance a .22 pistol....

there's an automatic shotgun, now that is absolutely devestating.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:23 pm

autos are section 1, as are 12g slugs....

however its a myth that an auto is more destructive....the first 8 may be.....but then you need to reload (generally)

and that can take a fair old time

with a double barrel and proper cartridge belt i can fire more rounds in 2 mins than someone with an auto..takes practice...but there you are....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:26 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:autos are section 1, as are 12g slugs....

however its a myth that an auto is more destructive....the first 8 may be.....but then you need to reload (generally)

and that can take a fair old time

with a double barrel and proper cartridge belt i can fire more rounds in 2 mins than someone with an auto..takes practice...but there you are....

wow, I bet no one pisses you off Shocked Smile
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:32 pm

won the "flurry" at Chatsworth game fair a few years back.....solo
normally its a team of two....

won myself a shiny new gun for that Smile
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:51 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:won the "flurry" at Chatsworth game fair a few years back.....solo
normally its a team of two....

won myself a shiny new gun for that Smile

"flurry"? what does that entail?
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:01 pm

an almost continuous rain of clays of varing difficulty position and angle fired out at a rate of about 1 every 2 seconds....up to 100 of them, and he or the pair who gets mostest wins
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:14 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:an almost continuous rain of clays of varing difficulty position and angle fired out at a rate of about 1 every 2 seconds....up to 100 of them, and he or the pair who gets mostest wins

wow, great shooting tex Smile Smile
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:16 am

inmyopinion wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Rolling Eyes

And you're just as certifiably insane as yoir nutbag buddy Maddog...

Anybody who "loves" guns obviously has more than a few screws loose..

Then again, neither of you clods are prbably competent enough to meet British or Oz licensing requirements, anyways..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:15 am

Guns are penis substitutes.
Anyone who 'loves' a gun is insecure about his penis, whether it is big enough, gets enough action or fires blanks.
Real men don't need a gun to impress the ladies, who I think are more impressed by the guys mind first, his decency second then what's in his pants and how he uses it.

Not by blokes shouting " I've got a big weapon and I'm not afraid to use it".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:21 am

Brutus wrote:Guns are penis substitutes.
Anyone who 'loves' a gun is insecure about his penis, whether it is big enough, gets enough action or fires blanks.
Real men don't need a gun to impress the ladies, who I think are more impressed by the guys mind first, his decency second then what's  in his pants and how he uses it.

Not by blokes shouting " I've  got a big weapon and I'm  not afraid to use it".

Well considering most people who own a gun, do not do so to impress the opposite sex. May I offer a small suggestion to you.
That you actually speak to people who do, before making such a poor and quite frankly immature stereotype of people
Which I guess is more based on you perception of certain southern Americans
In places like Israel, Switzerland etc have high gun owners. As many have passion for shooting as a sport or hunting
The fact you think this has to do with impressing people. Shows you have little understanding about the many people who own guns

I think you will find it is fancy cars that often men chose to impress ladies

So claiming males that own guns is based on insecurity, has to go down as one of the most dumbest comments you have made to date

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:25 am

Why am I insecure?
I have a beautiful wife and 2 stunning and brilliantly intelligent daughters.
I would use a gun to defend them.
But do you have anyone worth defending?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:30 am

I mean do you find these sports all based on an aspect of warfare. Make the participants insecure?

Darts
Javelin throwing
Shot-put
Archery
Wrestling
Boxing
Fencing
Karate
Kung Fu
Kendo

For example, these are a testament of skill and development that humans have gained through evolution. Its why are brains developed to become more intelligent over time in history. The use of coordination and strength, has allowed humans to evolve with far greater intelligence

Go figure

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:34 am

Tell that to the families of every victim of gun crime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:34 am

Brutus wrote:Why am I insecure?
I have a beautiful wife and 2 stunning and brilliantly intelligent daughters.
I would use a gun to defend them.
But do you have anyone worth defending?

wow, where did I claim you were insecure?

That was you not me

Anyone worth defending?

Seriously wow

Just about my entire family and anyone on the receiving end from threats of violence. Which would include you also if you were under thread

I do not place barriers or politics on this when defending people from potential harm by naked violent and hateful aggression

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:37 am

Brutus wrote:Tell that to the families of every victim of gun crime.

What will that achieve?

Will it bring back the lives of those they lost?

You think after making the most idiotic comments around gun ownership, that now I have to explain to victims of crime. Who would have still lost their lives, with or without guns. That I need to explain to them how and why some people own weapons. Generally people who do not go out to murder people. That to you, they are insecure and at fault for owning guns?

What kind of sick fuck are you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:41 am

Nowhere near as sick as you, evidently.
I'm off to my back garden. Grass to be cut, flowers to plant, the sun is shining, birds are singing.
That is far better than listening to you drone on against every topic that goes against alt right wing, Conservative and Repubican principles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:46 am

Brutus wrote:Nowhere near as sick as you, evidently.
I'm off to my back garden. Grass to be cut, flowers to plant, the sun is shining, birds are singing.
That is far better than listening to you drone on against every topic that goes against alt right wing, Conservative  and Repubican principles.

No worries andy, but stop hiding behind a different persona

There is nothing sick with people having guns for sport and hunting

You were the one that insulted a number of posters here and claimed they were insecure simple for owning guns

It has nothing to do with any politics here in that regard

So when you apologise to the posters that do own guns, who have never murdered anyone or killed people whilst owning their guns. You may come to understand how and why you are the twat here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:53 am

Mods.

Please speak to Thorin,.

For the last time , I am NOT Andy, cannot say I have ever even been I introduced. Apparently he does still visit but no longer posts.

Any more of this rubbish, I WILL take it up with the forum owner.

That is an absolute guaranteed promise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:54 am

Victorismyhero wrote:having said that though....I hold a section 2 licence...(and the paraphernalia to go with it....) and given the sheer destructiveness of a shot gun......one wonders why I cant own for instance a .22 pistol....

It's a lot easier to conceal a handgun.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:56 am

I see no good reason to make gun ownership easier in the UK. I see no good coming from more people having guns in their possession.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:58 am

Eilzel wrote:

It's a lot easier to conceal a handgun.

So can people with a knife, that is far easier and more so in any seasonal weather

The point is why cannot people who are licensed through sport and hunting own pistols?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:59 am

The mods take a dim view too.

Tommy, do not start calling new members by old member’s names. 
Just stop it. Answer the post not the poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:02 am

Eilzel wrote:I see no good reason to make gun ownership easier in the UK. I see no good coming from more people having guns in their possession.

When most murders are caused by Knives?

What you and many people fail to understand is simple this

If someone is determined to kill and murder someone. They will be able to achieve this by a number of means

The worst deaths in this country have been carried out by bombs and knives

Not guns

In fact the worst mass murderers in this country. In the last century, happen to be those in the medical field

Go figure

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:03 am

Brutus wrote:The mods take a dim view too.

Tommy, do not start calling new members by old member’s names. 
Just stop it. Answer the post not the poster.

Tommy?

Andy, its okay that you want be called Brutus and have no issue with that

Yet you are Andy, that is blatantly obvious

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:38 am

Just saw Didge mention me. Dont sweat it, Brutus, Didge/Thorin is stark raving mad, a psychotic, alcoholic , obsessive egomanisc. He has to have the last word and sulks and flies off in a huff when he loses,.
If he thinks we are the same, that is a badge of honour, not an insult.
He was 1 of the far right gang that made me retire from here , better things to spend my time doing than read lunatic rants s from him and his ilk.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:05 am

I have never meet a caring sharing and compassionate Labourite, Labour and far left wingers , all liars and only in it for themselves ! Every time I see this Paragraph I think your a thick geranium, why should I , a Tory think any different ? OH sorry YOU put Tories, I changed, it to Labour, Much more suitable don't you think ? By the way that Statement is Hate Speech and should not be allowed ,Mods take note !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:46 am

Thorin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:I see no good reason to make gun ownership easier in the UK. I see no good coming from more people having guns in their possession.

If someone is determined to kill and murder someone. They will be able to achieve this by a number of means

Not guns

In fact the worst mass murderers in this country. In the last century, happen to be those in the medical field

Go figure

Knives are widely available, guns are not. Obviously more people are killed by knives than guns in the UK.

A psycho with a gun is far more dangerous than a psycho with a knife, however.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:48 am

nicko wrote:I have never meet a caring sharing and compassionate Labourite, Labour and far left wingers , all liars and only in it for themselves ! Every time I see this Paragraph I think your a thick geranium, why should I  , a Tory think any different ? OH sorry YOU put Tories, I changed,  it to Labour, Much more suitable don't you think ?  By the way that Statement is Hate Speech and should not be allowed ,Mods take note !

You obviously don't meet many LWers then.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:47 pm

'Wolfie wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

Rolling Eyes

And you're just as certifiably insane as yoir nutbag buddy Maddog...

Anybody who "loves" guns obviously has more than a few screws loose..

Then again, neither of you clods are prbably competent enough to meet British or Oz licensing requirements, anyways..

wow, nice to meet you, safe gun use requires skill and dedication, people with "screws loose", may aquire firearms but for very different reasons.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:52 pm

Brutus wrote:Guns are penis substitutes.
Real men don't need a gun to impress the ladies, who I think are more impressed by the guys mind first, his decency second then what's  in his pants and how he uses it.

Not by blokes shouting " I've  got a big weapon and I'm  not afraid to use it".

ha ha ha, it's about skill, training and personal control, yep any fool can put 30 rounds through a standing target but 2 rounds in three targets from a handgun at staggered ranges from the draw and timed, that's very different.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:53 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Not guns

Go figure

Knives are widely available, guns are not. Obviously more people are killed by knives than guns in the UK.

And many deaths from knives continue to happen

Far more than gun deaths

Hence your point is utterly irrelevant

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:57 pm

Thorin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Not guns

Go figure

Far more than gun deaths

Well we can't ban knives, we need them for other reasons.

But you can't exactly conceal a shotgun, whereas a handgun can be tucked away nicely. There is also no reason for most people to own a handgun. So I fail how my point is 'utterly irrelevant'.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Thorin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Far more than gun deaths

I would say it is a valid point made that the availibilty of knives greatly outweighs that of guns and as such we have far more knife crime, it is silly to dismiss the point.
knife crime could also be to do with cultures.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Far more than gun deaths

But you can't exactly conceal a shotgun, whereas a handgun can be tucked away nicely. There is also no reason for most people to own a handgun. So I fail how my point is 'utterly irrelevant'.

Your points are always irrelevant these days

Again guns are not illegal in this country

Gun deaths happen from illegal guns

If many people like to shoot as a bobby in sport that is valid reason enough to own a Gun

Its not up to you to decide

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:02 pm

Thorin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Your points are always irrelevant these days

Again guns are not illegal in this country

Gun deaths happen from illegal guns

If many people like to shoot as a bobby in sport that is valid reason enough to own a Gun

Its not up to you to decide

I agree illegal guns are the problem, though I said I like guns but I guess the argument follows the more guns available the more likely guns will end up in the wrong hands.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:58 pm

There's a saying that "if you ban Guns ,the only people to have them will be Criminals" seems to be true !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:06 pm

nicko wrote:There's a saying that "if you ban Guns ,the only people to have them will be Criminals" seems to be true !

people should be able to protect themselves/
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:44 pm

Correct.

It’s been horrifying here that gun shops are considered an essential business and are now allowing “drive thru” options. In some cases they haven’t even RELAXED some of the regulations. Add that to how much ammunition has been purchased since the rise of COVID-19 and the statements made by local zealots on Facebook groups about being happy it is “hunting” season as a euphemism for shooting people is insanely scary. That’s the reality of living here.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Cass wrote:

Correct.

It’s been horrifying here that gun shops are considered an essential business and are now allowing “drive thru” options. In some cases they haven’t even RELAXED some of the regulations. Add that to how much ammunition has been purchased since the rise of COVID-19 and the statements made by local zealots on Facebook groups about being happy it is “hunting” season as a euphemism for shooting people is insanely scary. That’s the reality of living here.

I'm not horrified.

But I don't get horrified at much.

We have had insane runs on ammo, not just toilet paper.

Probably be some good deals on guns in a few weeks if the economy keeps tanking. While some will want to hold on to all of them, many will want to unload a few to pay some bills.

Drove out to the country a few weeks ago to ride my bike. Saw a guy selling a few shotguns along side the road. That would horrify the hoplophobes.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:30 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

Correct.

I'm not horrified.

But I don't get horrified at much.  

We have had insane runs on ammo, not just toilet paper.  

Probably be some good deals on guns in a few weeks if the economy keeps tanking. While some will want to hold on to all of them, many will want to unload a few to pay some bills.

Drove out to the country a few weeks ago to ride my bike. Saw a guy selling a few shotguns along side the road.  That would horrify the hoplophobes.  

You and I will never see eye to eye on this issue it that’s ok.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next