NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After being robbed, 84-year-old self-isolating pensioner resorts to eating food from her bins

+2
eddie
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

After being robbed, 84-year-old self-isolating pensioner resorts to eating food from her bins Empty After being robbed, 84-year-old self-isolating pensioner resorts to eating food from her bins

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:45 pm

A vulnerable 84-year-old pensioner who had been staying at home due to the coronavirus pandemic was forced to eat old food from her bin after a 'callous' thief stole supplies from her doorstep.

The pensioner, identified by police as 'Elizabeth' had accidentally locked herself in her west London flat and was unable to go outside for essential food supplies.

Met Police rescued the pensioner from the Feltham property, and said she had been left to starve.

On arrival at the property earlier this week the response officers, PC Matt Hodge and Pat Peltier made sure Elizabeth had all the essentials to make her feel comfortable.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8201815/Pensioner-84-lockdown-coronavirus-forced-eat-old-food-BIN.html

I could cry.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

After being robbed, 84-year-old self-isolating pensioner resorts to eating food from her bins Empty Re: After being robbed, 84-year-old self-isolating pensioner resorts to eating food from her bins

Post by eddie Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:52 pm

Where are her family, her neighbours?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

After being robbed, 84-year-old self-isolating pensioner resorts to eating food from her bins Empty Re: After being robbed, 84-year-old self-isolating pensioner resorts to eating food from her bins

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:53 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
A vulnerable 84-year-old pensioner who had been staying at home due to the coronavirus pandemic was forced to eat old food from her bin after a 'callous' thief stole supplies from her doorstep.

The pensioner, identified by police as 'Elizabeth' had accidentally locked herself in her west London flat and was unable to go outside for essential food supplies.

Met Police rescued the pensioner from the Feltham property, and said she had been left to starve.

On arrival at the property earlier this week the response officers, PC Matt Hodge and Pat Peltier made sure Elizabeth had all the essentials to make her feel comfortable.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8201815/Pensioner-84-lockdown-coronavirus-forced-eat-old-food-BIN.html

I could cry.

Pretty bad!

But for the most part, people have been really kind and considerate. People holding doors. Letting seniors cut in front of line. People seem to be going out of their way for each other.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:55 pm

more to the point...why cant we the public have a free hand to deal with scum like this. a few "lamp post danglers" might discourage them....

boils my piss this does....
and the justice system is a joke...it hands out "penalties" rather than justice.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:58 pm

Sometimes the kindness that you see from the majority just makes you all the more angry at the selfish minority. I would love to find whoever stole her groceries and send him to the nearest hospital, where he can explain to the overworked NHS staff what he did. At the same time, I'd like to nominate the police who helped her for knighthood.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:00 pm

I still want to know where her family and neighbours were? Does it explain that?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:04 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Sometimes the kindness that you see from the majority just makes you all the more angry at the selfish minority. I would love to find whoever stole her groceries and send him to the nearest hospital, where he can explain to the overworked NHS staff what he did. At the same time, I'd like to nominate the police who helped her for knighthood.

yeah I'd send him to the nearest hospital all right, but between a totally smashed face, broken bones and severe internal trauma......I dont think he'd be able to explain much.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:12 am

eddie wrote:I still want to know where her family and neighbours were? Does it explain that?

Could have no family, or have a family that doesn't care.

Neighbors could be old too and hiding inside.

But it's still odd that there is no one on the planet checking on this poor woman.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:38 am

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:I still want to know where her family and neighbours were? Does it explain that?

But it's still odd that there is no one on the planet checking on this poor woman.

Well that’s why I am questioning it. Can’t help it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:54 am

Seems this horrible crisis we have all been plunged into either brings out the best or the worst in people.
Poor lady, I hope someone is looking out for her now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:04 am

Syl wrote:Seems this horrible crisis we have all been plunged into either brings out the best or the worst in people.
Poor lady, I hope someone is looking out for her now.

Me too.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:11 am

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Well that’s why I am questioning it. Can’t help it.  

"The isolated OAP has no nearby family or friends."

She also locked herself in her home to stay safe.

Safe from what I wonder? Other people or the virus?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down