NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exsanguination. I learned a new word today.

+4
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
eddie
Maddog
8 posters

Go down

Exsanguination. I learned a new word today.   Empty Exsanguination. I learned a new word today.

Post by Maddog Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:48 pm

A 59-year-old Texas woman died of "exsanguination due to feral hog assault."

Feral hogs are becoming more of a problem in the Lone Star State, now even resulting in a fatality.

On Sunday, when Christine Rollins, 59, went to the home of an elderly couple she watchers after in Anahuac, Texas, several feral hogs attacked and killed her.

Authorities from the Chambers County Sheriff's Office say the 84-year-old homeowner found her body lying in the front yard between her car and the front door.

Chambers County Sheriff Brian Hawthorne said there was "no doubt" multiple hogs attacked her, as different-sized bites covered her body.

In a press conference earlier this week, he said Jefferson County medical examiners ruled the cause of death as an "exsanguination due to feral hog assault," which means she died of blood loss.

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/texas-woman-attacked-and-killed-by-feral-hogs/?utm_content=buffer8fab5&utm_medium=buffer&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=wosfeed&fbclid=IwAR1LJSDUGe1JawfN0foLCyYAVus8-QExekxCAtwhIEurr-YbHdfd8y1eIs0
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Exsanguination. I learned a new word today.   Empty Re: Exsanguination. I learned a new word today.

Post by eddie Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:50 pm

That’s a long-arse word for losing a lot of blood.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Exsanguination. I learned a new word today.   Empty Re: Exsanguination. I learned a new word today.

Post by Original Quill Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:51 pm

It's either exsanguination or asphyxiation.

Always take a large dog with you in hog country. He'll scatter 'em. In the Tucson Mountains we had a pack of four dogs, three black labs and one doberman. Neighbors loved 'em cause they scattered the javelina and mountain lions.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:10 am

I've know what exsanguination means for a long time, but then again I was a huge X-Files fan and definitely did not miss the episode set in Texas with the fat pizza delivery boy/vampire.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:43 am

Original Quill wrote:It's either exsanguination or asphyxiation.  

Always take a large dog with you in hog country.  He'll scatter 'em.  In the Tucson Mountains we had a pack of four dogs, three black labs and one doberman.  Neighbors loved 'em cause they scattered the javelina and mountain lions.
Arrow

And as well as a good dog or two,  one could also consider a 12 ga. shotgun with solid slugs, and maybe a short barrel, to dispose of that feral pig once they've cornered it..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:48 am

Jolly good show...it all goes to prove that the age of the sesquipedalian is not entirely over.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:48 am

Thanks Fred for that word, I'll get the Dictionary out !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:17 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I've know what exsanguination means for a long time, but then again I was a huge X-Files fan and definitely did not miss the episode set in Texas with the fat pizza delivery boy/vampire.

No one likes a long-word-bragger, dude.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:33 pm

nicko wrote:Thanks Fred for that word, I'll get the Dictionary out !

It simply means "long words" or "long winded" Nicko. I was once a word-finder for amateur Call My Bluff evenings held in support of charities. Great fun.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:27 pm

I've known the word all my adult life cos of my hospital work. Horrible word  cos it's invariably fatal.  

Sangue /sangre /sanguin etc means 'blood' in all the latin/hispanic languages so the meaning of ex-sanguination can be easily worked out.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:34 pm

eddie wrote:That’s a long-arse word for losing a lot of blood.
Ya haemorrhage is better - tho that is still a long word for ordinary, everyday speech.
Just say 'bled a lot'. Exsanguination. I learned a new word today.   2190311264

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:00 pm

My first thought was the word sanguine, which doesn't help.

Sangre de Cristo does.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down