NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couples who fight a lot really love each other, scientists say

5 posters

Go down

Couples who fight a lot really love each other, scientists say Empty Couples who fight a lot really love each other, scientists say

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:52 pm

There's obviously more at the source, but I think this makes a lot of sense:

According to recent surveys, 44% of married couples believe that fighting more than once a week helps them to keep healthy and productive relationships for a long time. In fact, couples who argue often, but always in a peaceful manner, are more likely to stay together because, despite all the small misunderstandings, they know that their love is true and sincere.
We at Bright Side learned why fighting from time to time can be good for your relationships.

9. Fighting is a sign of a mature relationship.

:copyright: The Lake House / Village Roadshow Pictures  

Couples who fight a lot really love each other, scientists say 8130410-image-crop-1375x1000-1543935655-728-57710c10c2-1544085008

Constant conflict avoidance is definitely not the best way to build a long-lasting relationship. On the contrary, if you’re able to speak your mind clearly when arguing, it means that you’re ready to take your love to another level.
Mature people don’t resort to personal attacks or yelling either. Instead, they always try to reach a compromise and improve their relationship with the help of a healthy argument.

8. Fighting means you care.

:copyright: The Office / Universal Television  

Couples who fight a lot really love each other, scientists say 8130310-image-crop-1322x829-1543935335-728-eea07aa12d-1544085008

Of course, it would be much easier to just turn a blind eye to some of your partner’s habits that drive you crazy. But the fact that you’re ready to withstand all the pain and discomfort of fighting to get a better result in the future may be a sign of your true love.
In other words, arguing means that you’re more committed. Just remember — how often do you fight with your parents or your siblings? The same goes for your partner: if you argue a lot and always get over it, this means that you see the bigger picture with your loved one.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

7. Fighting makes your communication easier.

:copyright: Love & Other Drugs / 20th Century Fox  

Couples who fight a lot really love each other, scientists say 8130360-image-crop-1174x769-1543923735-728-0128654201-1544085008

In order to create trust in your relationship, you shouldn’t keep quiet. On the contrary, it’s necessary to approach your partner with an open mind, taking responsibility for your actions and listening to each other carefully.
Since arguing is one of the major forms of communication and the most honest one, it really helps to accelerate the feelings of intimacy, trust, and connection and to teach your partner how to communicate with you in a more productive way.

https://brightside.me/inspiration-relationships/scientists-claim-that-couples-who-fight-a-lot-really-love-each-other-658710
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Couples who fight a lot really love each other, scientists say Empty Re: Couples who fight a lot really love each other, scientists say

Post by eddie Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:17 pm

Well we are quite safe then...we have had some major fights Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Couples who fight a lot really love each other, scientists say Empty Re: Couples who fight a lot really love each other, scientists say

Post by JulesV Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:42 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:  
https://brightside.me/inspiration-relationships/scientists-claim-that-couples-who-fight-a-lot-really-love-each-other-658710

Yes fights are part and parcel of any relationship.

It's  unannatural & unhealthy to have NO arguments, and it probabaly indicates that resentful feelings are being stored up and not ventilated ........ eventually something will have to give, and it won't be pretty.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:46 pm

Jules wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:  

Yes fights are part and parcel of any relationship.

It's  unannatural & unhealthy to have NO arguments, and it probabaly indicates that resentful feelings are being stored up and not ventilated ........ eventually something will have to give, and it won't be pretty.

I agree! Ben and I would be bored if we didn’t get each other riled up.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:48 pm

A good relationship is a lot like a good forum in that there's really no point if you're always in agreement. You can't grow without clashes and differences of opinion, and it really would be boring to be with someone who never challenges you.

That's really the exact opposite of me and edds Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:50 pm

my mum and dad used to barney about all sorts. one time they were on a cruise and had some other couple at their table who they got to know. the woman had said ''do you know we've been married 20 years and never had an argument'' my mum just said ''God i would have been bored to death''

lolol

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:52 pm

gelico wrote:
my mum and dad used to barney about all sorts.  one time they were on a cruise and had some other couple at their table who they got to know.  the woman had said  ''do you know we've been married 20 years and never had an argument''  my mum just said ''God i would have been bored to death''

lolol

I agree with your mum!
Plus, making up is SO hot.....
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:40 am

Suspect

The titles of each section in the O/P don't really match up with what follows --  they call it "fighting" and then go on to dicuss 'rational arguments' and cool headed discussions...

Get someone like my late father, who would pick a fight with mum, me or my brother, or others "arguing simply for the sake of argument", and then lose all rational thought, yelling, threatenening, making up lies on the spot to try and cover his stuffups  --  certainly no "love" there in those kinds of arguments..

Look at the photo of that man in the article, pointing his finger and yelling at his opposition --  he's well and truly 'lost his cool' there,  not a skerrick of "love" in evidence there.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down