NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10% of all adoption in England now by Same Sex couples

+2
Andy
Eilzel
6 posters

Go down

10% of all adoption in England now by Same Sex couples Empty 10% of all adoption in England now by Same Sex couples

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:33 am

http://attitude.co.uk/10-of-all-adoptions-in-england-are-now-by-same-sex-parents/

"New figures published today by the Department for Education show that, in England, adoptions by same-sex couples accounted for 9.6 per cent of all adoptions this year, rising from 8.4 per cent in 2015."

That's 450 kids who would not have a home now if not for gay couples being allowed to adopt. A triumph of love Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

10% of all adoption in England now by Same Sex couples Empty Re: 10% of all adoption in England now by Same Sex couples

Post by Andy Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 am

And 99.9% woll be wonderful parents and give deserving kids the unconditional love they so need.
Which rather shoots down the arguements of those , including on this forum , who are so homophobic.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

10% of all adoption in England now by Same Sex couples Empty Re: 10% of all adoption in England now by Same Sex couples

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:48 am

great news.

it seems to be working ok, and the minor reservations I had (as we discussed a while back EIL,) dont seem to be an issue. This is good news for tho 100's of kids who need adoptive parents, at a time when the number of potential adopters is not keeping up with demand....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:17 pm

Lord Foul wrote:great news.

it seems to be working ok, and the minor reservations I had (as we discussed a while back EIL,) dont seem to be an issue. This is good news for tho 100's of kids who need adoptive parents, at a time when the number of potential adopters is not keeping up with demand....

I remember, and I remember you saying you had come round to the idea too Smile

It was sad and surprising to read over numbers of adoptions have fallen, so at least this does make up some of the shortfall.

Even for those who do have reservations, they must see that this is a much better outcome for a child than nothing at all.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:29 pm

If a child is adopted by a couple ...or even a single, who love that child and want the best for him/her and the childs future, who can really say that it's wrong?
Would people rather a child stay with abusive natural parents or remain in care....I hope not.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:19 pm

You know what they say....a child that is adopted is a wanted child, they're not there "by accident".

Great news. I hope the figures rise with every year that passes.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:53 pm

eddie wrote:You know what they say....a child that is adopted is a wanted child, they're not there "by accident".

Hope so. And that fewer kids actually end up needing adopting at all Sad
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:59 pm

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:You know what they say....a child that is adopted is a wanted child, they're not there "by accident".

Of course Les. But this is really good news. It's an issue I feel really quite strongly about.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:01 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Of course Les. But this is really good news. It's an issue I feel really quite strongly about.

Me too, and sorry if I came across overly negative there, I actually think this is great too Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:02 pm

Eilzel wrote:http://attitude.co.uk/10-of-all-adoptions-in-england-are-now-by-same-sex-parents/

"New figures published today by the Department for Education show that, in England, adoptions by same-sex couples accounted for 9.6 per cent of all adoptions this year, rising from 8.4 per cent in 2015."

That's 450 kids who would not have a home now if not for gay couples being allowed to adopt. A triumph of love Smile

As long as those children are loved and taken care of what more can we ask for! cheers
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:11 pm

Exactly, Sexy Smile

Nice to see you here btw
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:11 pm

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Me too, and sorry if I came across overly negative there, I actually think this is great too Smile

I know you do x
It's the right step in a long-awaited journey for many children and gay couples.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:14 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Eilzel wrote:http://attitude.co.uk/10-of-all-adoptions-in-england-are-now-by-same-sex-parents/

As long as those children are loved and taken care of what more can we ask for! cheers

Hi SM....I agree 100%. If a child is loved and cared for, that's the most important thing.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:18 pm

Syl wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Hi SM....I agree 100%. If a child is loved and cared for, that's the most important thing.

Hello Syl

Yes indeed.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down