NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outcry Over Sentence (Not On Newsfix Though)

3 posters

Go down

Outcry Over Sentence (Not On Newsfix Though) Empty Outcry Over Sentence (Not On Newsfix Though)

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:26 pm

26th February 2014

Joke sentence may be overturned.

As relayed by BigAndy9 yesterday, a foreigner was sentenced to just 4.5 years for killing an innocent man in England. 4.5 years in England means serving just 2 and after 1 year in a holiday-camp-like prison he will be allowed out for trips to the seaside.

This travesty of justice was ignored by Newsfix members due to an acute attack of political correctness.

A violent thug who killed a vulnerable man with a single punch during a row over a bicycle could have his sentence extended following an investigation by the Attorney General.

Lewis Gill was sentenced to just four years in prison over the death of Andrew Young, whose mother described the jail term as an 'absolute joke'.

After multiple people complained to the Attorney General's Office, officials announced today that they will review the sentence - which will allow the killer to walk free within just two years.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568257/Legal-bid-overturn-joke-four-year-sentence-handed-thug-killed-vulnerable-man-just-one-punch.html#ixzz2uQkUuR8f

Back to top Go down

Outcry Over Sentence (Not On Newsfix Though) Empty Re: Outcry Over Sentence (Not On Newsfix Though)

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:48 pm

And this is the Judge who gave out the sentence:

Outcry Over Sentence (Not On Newsfix Though) Articl33

The judge who sentenced Lewis Gill was at the centre of the Mark Duggan inquest that ended in January.

At the start of the hearing, Keith Cutler made the controversial decision to hold a 20-second silence to acknowledge the ‘regrettable loss of a young life’.

The death of Duggan, a gangster who was shot twice by police marksmen, sparked the black riots that broke out in summer 2011.

The senior circuit judge led the silence – virtually unprecedented at an inquest – by lowering his head and clasping his hands together.

Back to top Go down

Outcry Over Sentence (Not On Newsfix Though) Empty Re: Outcry Over Sentence (Not On Newsfix Though)

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:01 pm

Absolutely foul thing to do and a ludicrous sentence. I'd give him 20 years at least. However, how do you know he's a foreigner?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:07 pm

Convicted robber Lewis Gill, 20, could have faced a life sentence for the manslaughter of Andrew Young, 40, after punching him in the head for no reason.

However he was jailed for just four years over the incident, which began when the victim rowed with a cyclist who was riding on the pavement.

A taxi driver who knew Andrew for six years said yesterday that the victim was polite and no threat to anybody.

Simon Scott said: “Andrew was always friendly and polite and often struck up conversations with strangers at the bus stop near the taxi rank.

"He was gentle and wouldn’t hurt a fly.”

Andrew's grieving mother Pamela Young, 71, claimed his killer should have faced the death penalty and described the sentence as “an absolute joke”.

She said: “I saw the CCTV footage in court and you can see that Andrew didn’t cause Lewis Gill any harm. The sentence is an absolute joke.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lewis-gill-killed-andrew-young-3183689#ixzz2uQuqmi1u

That poor mother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:08 pm

I didn't know about his previous offences.

Gill, from Sutton, Surrey, was under a suspended sentence for robbery and handling stolen goods at the time.

He admitted manslaughter, which carries a maximum penalty of life behind bars but allows for “partial defences” such as loss of control or diminished responsibility. Judges are guided by terms previously handed down in similar cases.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lewis-gill-killed-andrew-young-3183689#ixzz2uQv7r3Mh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:15 pm

Obviously a very nasty piece of work. But why foreign?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Sassy wrote:Obviously a very nasty piece of work.   But why foreign?

Indeed he is a nasty one Sassy, and your question is being asked all over England - "why always foreign?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:47 pm

Don't try twisting it Andy. What evidence do you have apart from his skin colour, and of course we know you wouldn't be using that as evidence, as you say so often you are not racist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:55 pm

Isn't it time they introduced some sort of watchdog over Judges - ones that have given silly sentences or had their sentences overturned several times should be reviewed, and maybe taken off the Bench.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Bloggs Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Of Afro origin may be a more apposite description. He is scum whatever his nationality.

Makes you wonder what judges are thinking when a guy like this gets 2 years in reality for murder.
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Tess. wrote:Isn't it time they introduced some sort of watchdog over Judges - ones that have given silly sentences or had their sentences overturned several times should be reviewed, and maybe taken off the Bench.

I couldn't agree more Tess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:43 pm

if i was the deceased mans family I would have been looking for justice and thinking what the hell happened, how is ones man's life worth 4.5 years and knowing the ahole will be out in two... Sad 

bloody unbelievable..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:47 pm

heavenly father wrote:if i was the deceased mans family I would have been looking for justice and thinking what the hell happened, how is ones man's life worth 4.5 years and knowing the ahole will be out in two... Sad 

bloody unbelievable..

Father - the sentence for killing a man was just 4 years.

The other 6 months was I'm guessing, implemented for breaking the terms of his suspended sentence, which will have been 6 months - for robbery and handling stolen goods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:49 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
heavenly father wrote:if i was the deceased mans family I would have been looking for justice and thinking what the hell happened, how is ones man's life worth 4.5 years and knowing the ahole will be out in two... Sad 

bloody unbelievable..

The other 6 months was I'm guessing, implemented for breaking the terms of his suspended sentence, which will have been 6 months - for robbery and handling stolen goods.

even more of an insult ... bring back the death penalty, it might not deter anyone but it stops second offenders... 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:41 pm

heavenly father wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

even more of an insult ... bring back the death penalty, it might not deter anyone but it stops second offenders... 

Well you can't argue with that Heavenly Father, 4.5 years is disgraceful  No

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:44 pm

"Outcry Over Sentence (Not On Newsfix Though)" -- and yet, look at all the outcry on NewsFix  ::D::
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down