NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian Citizen Shot by Israeli Sniper - Where's the Outcry

2 posters

Go down

Canadian Citizen Shot by Israeli Sniper - Where's the Outcry Empty Canadian Citizen Shot by Israeli Sniper - Where's the Outcry

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:59 pm

I was shocked to learn that my friend, Rehab Nazzal, a Palestinian-Canadian artist who is conducting research towards her PhD in the occupied West Bank, was shot last Friday by an Israeli sniper.

Rehab was taking pictures of a "skunk" truck--a tanker that Israel uses for crowd control by spraying Palestinians with a putrid-smelling mist-- when she was shot in the leg. As she describes it, "I was alone, with no clashes, no stone throwers, absolutely no one around me, and yet I was intentionally shot by a sniper. This was not an accident."

Join me in calling on Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister, the Honourable Stéphane Dion, and Canada's Ambassador to Israel, Vivian Bercovici, to publicly rebuke Israel for shooting a Canadian citizen.

Canadian Citizen Shot by Israeli Sniper - Where's the Outcry IMG_2351

This is the "skunk" truck that Nazzal was photographing when she was targeted by an Israeli sniper.

The sniper used a .22 calibre bullet, which the Israeli human rights organization B'Tselem identifies as an illegal size for targeting unarmed civilians.

If a Jewish-Canadian citizen were shot by a foreign army abroad, would our political representatives be silent? Where's the public outcry?

Tell the Honourable Stéphane Dion and Ambassador Bercovici that Israel must obey international law and refrain from targeting unarmed civilians, including paramedics, journalists and photojournalists.

Canadian Citizen Shot by Israeli Sniper - Where's the Outcry IMG_2397-1

This is a photo of the sniper that shot Nazzal, which she was able to capture with her camera.

Sadly, this incident is commonplace for Palestinians in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, who are regularly subjected to this sort of violence.

And it's no surprise, since Israel maintains an illegal occupation and expands its illegal settlements, while Palestinians are expected to do nothing as their homeland is gobbled up with impunity.

Why is Israel being singled out as being above reproach?

It's high time our politicians signalled a new era in Canadian diplomacy by choosing to support a basic tenet of international law: protection of civilians from state violence. Israel is a state, too, and it should be censured when it fails to uphold this basic tenet of law.

Please take a moment to tell our political representatives to condemn Israel's behaviour now!

We encourage you to share the petition with your contacts on social media and through email by copying and pasting this link: http://bit.ly/1TSI7gK

To share this IJV action alert, copy and paste this link: https://madmimi.com/s/54af07
Tyler eblast image

Onwards!

Tyler Levitan
Campaigns Coordinator
Independent Jewish Voices Canada

https://madmimi.com/p/54af07

Back to top Go down

Canadian Citizen Shot by Israeli Sniper - Where's the Outcry Empty Re: Canadian Citizen Shot by Israeli Sniper - Where's the Outcry

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:09 pm

sassy wrote:I was shocked to learn that my friend, Rehab Nazzal, a Palestinian-Canadian artist who is conducting research towards her PhD in the occupied West Bank, was shot last Friday by an Israeli sniper.

Rehab was taking pictures of a "skunk" truck--a tanker that Israel uses for crowd control by spraying Palestinians with a putrid-smelling mist-- when she was shot in the leg. As she describes it, "I was alone, with no clashes, no stone throwers, absolutely no one around me, and yet I was intentionally shot by a sniper. This was not an accident."

Join me in calling on Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister, the Honourable Stéphane Dion, and Canada's Ambassador to Israel, Vivian Bercovici, to publicly rebuke Israel for shooting a Canadian citizen.

Canadian Citizen Shot by Israeli Sniper - Where's the Outcry IMG_2351

This is the "skunk" truck that Nazzal was photographing when she was targeted by an Israeli sniper.

The sniper used a .22 calibre bullet, which the Israeli human rights organization B'Tselem identifies as an illegal size for targeting unarmed civilians.

It is crap like this, that delegitimises sources like the above...it patent rubbish

it is illegal to target unarmed civilians period...nothing to do with calibre....

this is propaganda, seeking to attach the accusations of using illegal weapons to the israelis

the USE of the weapon agaisnt civilians is illegal

the WEAPON is NOT ...all nato and us troops now use the 5.56 mm calibre round....guess what....thats .22

that one sentence has just reduced the WHOLE of this post to "ho hum...more anti israel rhetoric and propaganda"

If a Jewish-Canadian citizen were shot by a foreign army abroad, would our political representatives be silent? Where's the public outcry?

Tell the Honourable Stéphane Dion and Ambassador Bercovici that Israel must obey international law and refrain from targeting unarmed civilians, including paramedics, journalists and photojournalists.

Canadian Citizen Shot by Israeli Sniper - Where's the Outcry IMG_2397-1

This is a photo of the sniper that shot Nazzal, which she was able to capture with her camera.

Sadly, this incident is commonplace for Palestinians in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, who are regularly subjected to this sort of violence.

And it's no surprise, since Israel maintains an illegal occupation and expands its illegal settlements, while Palestinians are expected to do nothing as their homeland is gobbled up with impunity.

Why is Israel being singled out as being above reproach?

It's high time our politicians signalled a new era in Canadian diplomacy by choosing to support a basic tenet of international law: protection of civilians from state violence. Israel is a state, too, and it should be censured when it fails to uphold this basic tenet of law.

Please take a moment to tell our political representatives to condemn Israel's behaviour now!

We encourage you to share the petition with your contacts on social media and through email by copying and pasting this link: http://bit.ly/1TSI7gK

To share this IJV action alert, copy and paste this link: https://madmimi.com/s/54af07
Tyler eblast image

Onwards!

Tyler Levitan
Campaigns Coordinator
Independent Jewish Voices Canada

https://madmimi.com/p/54af07
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Canadian Citizen Shot by Israeli Sniper - Where's the Outcry Empty Re: Canadian Citizen Shot by Israeli Sniper - Where's the Outcry

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:46 pm

Which makes you bloody stupid, because it was BT'selem that said that, because Israel has got weapons that it says are ok to use on civilians to break up protests etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:58 pm

well the legitimcy of using ANY firearm aginst civillians is doubtful

however she should in a bizare way be grateful it WAS a .22 and likely a "standard" hardpoint too

becasue if it had been a normal military 5.56mm it would likely have done some severe damage...

and had it been an ak47 type round of 7.62 calibr.....it would have ripped her leg off...

but the point is its bad reporting...

and thus gives ammunition to those wanting to delegitimise such reports....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:05 pm

It wasn't 'reporting' as such, it was a friend posting in disgust, but it has been verified in the media.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:07 pm

maybe...but the thing is I read something like that and go Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:11 pm

Well, perhaps you should wonder why a sniper shot her, with whatever bullet he used, when all she had was a camera, and why they think that is perfectly normal, hence UN report on harrassment and injury that I just posted.   Don't get waylaid by something that really isn't the point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:47 am

Did she get any pictures of the hostile Muslim attacking force that the skunk truck was responding against..?

She must have looked like a sniper herself while sitting close distance away from a hostile Muslim attacking force and pointing camera equipment at defensive forces...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:46 am

Poor one sided version and if you were not in the know, you would not fall for this garbage.

First off all the way it reads, it is if the Sniper targetted to shoot to kill, which would have to make him one of the worst snipers within the Israeli army. Or was it that he was actually aiming for the leg, being that she was the only fuckwit still not having dispersed? Where also Israel use rubber bullets, which can still injury you but are generally non-lethal. So its blatant as daylight what has occured here. The clue here is on this very point.

She said she was out in the streets of Bethlehem last Friday when she saw people start running. “I saw the skunk (machine) and I wanted to document it. I was taking shelter every few blocks, and just as I lifted my camera to take a picture, I felt a burn,” Nazzal said in an interview with The Free Press via Skype on Tuesday. (if shot by a .22, within a very short time, she would have after going numb be in lots of pain, of which we only see her state a burning sensation, very much highly unlikely able to walk either if a live bullet to the leg)

Rehab was taking pictures of a "skunk" truck--a tanker that Israel uses for crowd control (notice everyone has dispersed) and by spraying Palestinians with a putrid-smelling mist--(To disperses riotirs) when she was shot in the leg. As she describes it, "I was alone, with no clashes, no stone throwers, absolutely no one around me, and yet I was intentionally shot by a sniper. This was not an accident." ( yes because she caused herrself to be shot by a rubber bullet, as to the sniper, he does not know who this woman is, and thinks she uis refusing to disperse)

That one paragraph provides the key to how, she herself, by placing herself in harms way, where they had been dispersing a riot, and everyone but her had dispersed. Would clearly make her stand out and been seen as refusing to leave the scene. Hence the sniper deliberately taregts her leg to cause a gash, not a proper bullet wound, as daftly being claimed.

I nean this has to be the funniest and biggest load of made up bullshit:

Treated at a hospital, Nazzal was told that a bullet from a .22 caliber gun, commonly called a “tutu” bullet, passed through her leg without hitting bone.

Canadian Citizen Shot by Israeli Sniper - Where's the Outcry 3489511464

Sorry but a rubber coated bullet is not going to pass straight through the leg? Bollocks, so that is blatant lie, further backed up by the fact she was released that very same day, after supposedly shot through the leg by live ammunition.

Nazzal has been released from hospital and is recovering in her apartment. She did manage to shoot a picture of the Israeli armoured vehicle shooting “skunk” and a sniper right before or during being hit with the Rubber bullet, (which she created herself, being as to the sniper, he woukd have viewed her as a fioter refusing to leave)

I mean the way that has been written, you would think the sniper targetted her to shoot to kill, with live ammun. When in fact the sniper deliberately targeted her leg, with a rubber bullet, which if it had beem a live bullet would have caused far more damage and here is the telling part she was not that injured at all. The two pictures she took are in different locations, and being she must have taken the picture of the sniper after being shot, she clearly was able to move around, to then get a photo of the sniper who shot her for not dispersing as a rioter.

So this is how like countless other media articles written by rags, present stories reinvented to then make a falsified claim, making it seem as if the sniper was trying to kill her. This is why if people read many of these articles, you can tell straight away if they do not add up. If she had not of been standing there, and had dispersed like everyone else had done, she would have not received a light wound, which certainly did not stop her from moving about. I mean it actually shows restraint from the forces, as they are not clearly by aiming for the lef, looking to hit a vital part of the body. Now we can all argue all day long over he merits of riot control, but no when it comes to Israel who face this with regularity, and with where they have been on the receiving end of such much hateful terrorism.

All of which none of any of events would have happened, if the Arab states had accepted Israel from the start. They never did and thus all deaths up until today cna be squarley attributed and caused by the Palestinians, Egyptians, Jodanians, Iraqu's, Syrians, etc. Just think if they had not been so hateful, denying the creation of a state, formed from a minority, of which many other nations created in the 20th century was also based off a minority group from within a nations or nations. Case in point Poland,. it peoples were within both the Russian and German nations pre 1918. They went from being a minority people in Russia and Germany, to having independence. This is the same of  countless nations formed in the 20th century, inclduing the countless new Arab nations formed back then. So just think all this could have been avoided, if again even back then, it was Islam the cause of the blame that instills a view to deny people self deternmination in lands formely Muslim controlled, which were formely Christian controlled, then Muslim controled, then Christians, then before that Byzantine, before that Roman, before that the Selucids, before that Macedonia, before that Persia, before that the Babylonians, and before that, the Israelites, before that Eygpt, before that no real control. So it all boils down to a people who could of also had a nation, spurn this chance of a new beginning.To then even worse wrongly think only Muslims can decide who has a right to self determination. To then lay claim to all territory, of the former British Mandate and formelly the Ottoman Empire, be so greedy, led by islamic doctrine, which makes the Muslims view a land they conquered themselves, as Islamic land. Its is this religious doctrine which has denied peace from the very start of Israels creation and why they still at every turn, will deny any peace with Israel and will continue the conflict , until, their goal i achieved of destroying Israel.

The jihad is a global conception that divides the peoples of the world into two irreconcilable camps: that of the dar al-Harb, the “Territory of War,” which covers those regions controlled by the infidels; and the dar al-Islam, “the Territory of Islam,” the Muslim homeland where Islamic law reigns.  The jihad is the normal and permanent state of war between the Muslims and the dar al-Harb, a war that can only end with the final domination over unbelievers and the absolute supremacy of Islam throughout the world. 
Once the forces of Islam conquer a land or territory, it is to remain under Islamic dominion forever (‘for generations’), and it is a mortal affront to the supremacy of Islam when such territories would ever be lost to the dominion of Islam and revert to previous - infidel - ownership as was the case in Palestine.  It was a Muslim controlled territory (under the Muslim Turks and later the Muslim Arabs) and reverted by the decree of the U.N. resolution back to its previous owners: the Jews. This is how the Covenant of the Islamic Resistance Movement spells it out in several passages:
Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.” (The Martyr, Imam Hassan el-Banna)
“The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf consecrated for future Muslim generations until Judgement Day.  It, or any part of it, should not be squandered; it, or any part of it, should not be given up.  Neither a single Arab country nor all Arab countries, neither any king or president, nor all the kings and presidents, neither any organization nor all of them, be they Palestinian or Arab, possess the right to do that.  Palestine is an Islamic Waqf land consecrated for Muslim generations until Judgement Day.  This being so, who could claim to have the right to represent Muslim generations till Judgement Day?
This is the law governing the land of Palestine in the Islamic Sharia (law) and the same goes for any land the Muslims have conquered by force, because during the times of (Islamic) conquests, the Muslims consecrated these lands to Muslim generations till the Day of Judgement.” (The Covenant of the Islamic Resistance Movement, 18 August 1988, Article Three) 
The Arab League Secretary General Azzam Pasha, said on 1 May 1948  thus even before the Jewish State was born:
If the Zionists dare establish a state in Falastin, the massacre which will ensue here will dwarf anything which Genghis Khan and Hitler did.”
Therefore, the acceptance of Jihad or ‘holy war’ comes easy to Islam.  From its inception Islam has been a warring and very bloody, subjugating religion, which has not blushed at the use of war and terror but glorified it as the absolute will of Allah.
This then is the main problem.  As long as Islam remains intolerant of really accepting any other group of people on an equal basis - rather than as dhimmies to be subjugated by Islam - there can never be a real peace with an Islamic power.  Only a ‘submission’ (which is what Islam means) to its stated superiority and dictates.  This awaits the whole world including the secular, often irreligious, West.
This is why the Muslim children chant, especially during the Middle East Wars: “We shall fight on Saturday and then on Sunday”  In other words, first the Jews and then the Christians.  Make no mistake about this. When Israel will be swallowed up by the sea of Jihad, soon to be armed by weapons of mass destruction acquired by Muslim Iran and Muslim Iraq and others, the Muslims will believe that Allah has brought them to this point that they can finally reoccupy their Muslim Palestine and drive the Jews, the infidels as they would call them - into the sea as they have said and screamed many times in the name of their Allah.

This is why its itterly easy to show up the absurdity of Palestinian victimhood, as they have no intention of any peace. Such a peace would mean being in conflict with Islamic doctrine itself. Without this absurd belief, that makes them view the land religiously and not historically as Israel mainly does, it what is fundementally continuing the conflict. Thiis why you see the song so often sang, which denies the existance of Israel,. as they view all israel occupied, which means they deny self determination. I magine what is going to happen if a Muslim nation tuned completely secular, as what do you think will happen? Its time people woke up

Israel is legally allowed to Police the are from trouble and actually work with PA forces by sharing information.

Also:

Israel's occupation of the West Bank is fully legal under the terms of UN Resolution 242 (1967), which was carefully drafted to guarantee Israel's rights to remain there until such time as there is a "Termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgement of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force." As no secure and recognized boundaries have been established, despite numerous attempts by the government of Israel to bring them about, Israel's presence there remains entirely legal. And as only Israeli armed forces will be required to withdraw in the event that such boundaries are created, the presence of Israeli settlements there will remain legal under the terms of the original League of Nations Mandate for Palestine, which stipulates that there should be close Jewish settlement in all areas. Those Mandate provisions were incorporated into UN Resolution 181, which called for the establishment of a Jewish and an Arab state. Similarly, the statement that the EU "will not recognise any changes to pre-1967 borders" is legally invalid as well as obnoxious. No such pre-1967 borders ever existed. The armistice lines, established in 1949 on the termination of the 1948-1949 war between Israel and its several Arab enemies, are not borders. And as the 1967 war was fought by Israel as a war of defence, its alleged "occupation" (which then included the Gaza Strip) of territories previously occupied by two of the belligerent states (Egypt in Gaza, and Jordan in the West Bank) is fully legal under the international laws of armed combat, principally under Article 51 of the UN Charter.

Last edited by Richard The Lionheart on Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:43 am

You can read a report on the methods used and it also gives the corrections to this report by the Israelis at the end.

http://www.btselem.org/download/201212_crowd_control_eng.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:31 am

My that's desperate, and your report is out of date, perhaps you didn't know lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:36 am

It ain't gonna end there:

Canadian shot by Israeli sniper in West Bank

Canadian Citizen Shot by Israeli Sniper - Where's the Outcry Nazzal-in-ottawaCanadian photographer Rehab Nazzal, here shown speaking in Ottawa in 2014, was shot last week in Bethlehem by an Israeli sniper. I ask six questions of Canada’s new Global Affairs Minister, Hon. Stephane Dion. Read my letter here.
Hon Stéphane Dion,
Minister of Global Affairs,
Canada
Dear Minister Dion,
According to the Ottawa Citizen, well known Canadian photographer Rehab Nazzal was shot on December 11th by an Israeli sniper in Bethlehem. Ms. Nazzal, a Canadian of Palestinian origin, is currently in the West Bank carrying out research in the course of her Ph.D. program at Western University in London, Ontario. Apparently she is now out of hospital and her injuries, while serious, are not considered life-threatening.
Ms. Nazzal is well known to Israeli authorities for her photographic documentation of Israeli human rights violations. Last year, the Israeli Ambassador to Canada personally intervened to try to prevent the City of Ottawa from showing her photographs at a city hall exhibition. His protests were rejected by Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson.
According to Ms. Nazzal, at the time of the shooting last week, she was armed only with a camera, and was far from any soldier or demonstrators. She was taking photographs of Israeli soldiers using a “Skunk” machine which sprays foul smelling chemicals on demonstrators and on the Palestinian homes nearby.
If her allegations are true, it would seem to be a shocking violation of basic human rights. The fact that Ms. Nazzal is a Canadian citizen further demands that our government take this issue seriously.
In this context, Minister Dion, I would like to ask you 6 questions:

1. Is it true that Ms. Nazzal was shot by an Israeli sniper on December 11th in Bethlehem?
  2. Is it true that, as she claims, she was unarmed, far from any Israeli soldiers or Palestinian demonstrators and therefore not posing an immediate threat to anyone?
  3. Is it possible that Ms. Nazzal, who is well known to Israeli authorities, was specifically targeted, or was she caught up in a more general Israeli policy of repression against those who document their actions against Palestinians?
  4. What efforts have been made by the Canadian government to contact Ms. Nazzal and offer her appropriate assistance?
  5. What efforts has the Canadian government made to ascertain the facts of this matter?
  6. If the allegations of an unprovoked attack on a Canadian citizen prove to be well founded, what actions will your government take?

As you know Minister Dion, the previous Harper government prided itself on being Israel’s “best friend”. It systematically overlooked human rights violations against Palestinians by Israeli authorities. Shockingly, when a Canadian Army officer, Major Paeta Hess-von Kruedener, serving under UN auspices, was killed by Israeli artillery in 2006, the Harper government turned a blind eye.
Like many Canadians, I am encouraged by the fact that Prime Minister Trudeau has promised a new tone in Canadian foreign policy. I trust that this new tone will include a more balanced approach to the Israel/Palestine issue, one that does not shy away from investigating and opposing human rights violations where they occur.
Thank you in advance.
Peter Larson

http://canadatalksisraelpalestine.ca/2015/12/18/canadian-shot-by-israeli-sniper-in-west-bank/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:39 am

Yes your reply is desperate when it fails to address any points.

I mean, as Victor pointed out and I have pointed out there is so many falsified claims here. The funniest though on all of this is this single point.
Why is she surprised to be hit in the leg, as a means to disperse rioters. All of which had fled based on her testimony. Now why would you be surprised to be hit, if that person is taking shelter every few blocks?

Doh

She said she was out in the streets of Bethlehem last Friday when she saw people start running. “I saw the skunk (machine) and I wanted to document it. I was taking shelter every few blocks, and just as I lifted my camera to take a picture, I felt a burn,” Nazzal said in an interview with The Free Press via Skype on Tuesday.

Like I say, she places herself knowingly into a high risk situatioin, then she only has herself to blame.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:03 pm

You can also smell a rat when statements conflict.

Now as seen, she was taking shelter every few blocks, so what was she taking shelter from? The telling point of what was going on is learnt from what she said previously.

She said she was out in the streets of Bethlehem last Friday when she saw people start running.

Well unless the Palestinians are now all 100 meter sprinting champions, her claim to being on her own when this happened. Backed by the fact they had only started to run, and by the fact she was taking cover herself. Would suggest that rubber bullets were being fired into the crowd to disperse them. This is why I say you can easily pull apart claims that completely conflict. Like I say you do not continually seek cover moving forward, unless the area has an esclalation of the riots, that makes it unsafe for you, to then seek cover. She is lying out of her arse, no doubt hit by a Palestinian stone thrower and would love to see her wound.Like I say she clearly was active during the actual clases and in no way was she on her own. This is what is so poor about reporting today, for one the articles gives off a view they were out to execute her, when they used rubber coated bullets. Two you then have a further wackadoodle article claiming conspiracies around if the sniper knew who she was, when clearly she was intermingled with countless people based on how her story completely conflicts.

Hey ho, but you have nobody but yourself to blame if you activelly place yourself into a hostile situation, of which an element of Palestinians started with clashes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down