NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firefighters smash car window to rescue crying 18-month-old who had been left in hot car in scorching temperatures for more than an HOUR before police talk to his mother

+2
Victorismyhero
'Wolfie
6 posters

Go down

Firefighters smash car window to rescue crying 18-month-old who had been left in hot car in scorching temperatures for more than an HOUR before police talk to his mother Empty Firefighters smash car window to rescue crying 18-month-old who had been left in hot car in scorching temperatures for more than an HOUR before police talk to his mother

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:51 pm

A toddler was dramatically rescued from a hot car after being left alone for more than an hour in scorching temperatures.

The boy, thought to be around 18 months old, was freed after a passer-by heard him crying from inside the locked vehicle.

Fire crews finally released him by smashing a window and pulling him from the 4x4, which had been left in a car park in Saffron Walden, Essex, on Saturday.

A ticket stub on the dashboard of the Nissan X-Trail suggested he'd been abandoned inside for more than an hour - as outside temperatures topped 25C.

Crowds gathered to watch the rescue operation after an announcement was made at a nearby family fun day, urging the boy's parents to return to their car.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7171809/Firefighters-forced-smash-window-rescue-18-month-old-left-hot-car-hour.html

Back to top Go down

Firefighters smash car window to rescue crying 18-month-old who had been left in hot car in scorching temperatures for more than an HOUR before police talk to his mother Empty Re: Firefighters smash car window to rescue crying 18-month-old who had been left in hot car in scorching temperatures for more than an HOUR before police talk to his mother

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:30 pm

Surprised

Yet another young child left alone on a scorching hot day ?
A passerby calls emergency services...
A crowd builds to watch the rescue..

What the fucks wrong with so many people these days  ?

The first person to see that toddler in distress should have released the baby, (or, looked for immediate help nearby if unable to act themselves..), made sure of their safety,  then called for an ambulance and police..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law

Too many people out there not prepared to do what's right, "not wanting to get imvolved"..

That baby could well have died in the time it takes emergency services to arrive...

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Firefighters smash car window to rescue crying 18-month-old who had been left in hot car in scorching temperatures for more than an HOUR before police talk to his mother Empty Re: Firefighters smash car window to rescue crying 18-month-old who had been left in hot car in scorching temperatures for more than an HOUR before police talk to his mother

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:34 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Surprised

Yet another young child left alone on a scorching hot day ?
A passerby calls emergency services...
A crowd builds to watch the rescue..

What the fucks wrong with so many people these days  ?

The first person to see that toddler in distress should have released the baby, made sire of their safety,  then called for an ambulance and police..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law

Too many people out there not prepared to do what's right, "not wanting to get imvolved"..

That baby could well have died in the time it takes emergency services to arrive...

Have a green

Off out, back later

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:28 pm

i would have put the windscreen through .....you have the defence of "necessity"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:44 pm

I had to google 25C.

That's not "scorching". Still shouldn't be leaving babies alone in cars anyway.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:10 am

She hadn't been shopping (she returned with no bags) so what had she been doing that was worth leaving a small child in a hot car for over an hour?

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:22 am

Maddog wrote:I had to google 25C.

Smile

The outside ambient temperature might only be 25°C, but even then the temp' inside a closed car can reach over 50°C in less than 30 minutes on a sunny day;  and over 60° when it's over 30 outside... (Dependant also on the colour of the car, the amount of glass in that cars windows -- hatchbacks have even more exposure, any window tinting -- and where and how the car is parked..).

Babies and children can't regulate their body temp's anywhere as well as adults, and succumb to heat stress much, much faster..

I will repeat the same maxim I've been saying for decades now --  I would free a baby, child or even an animal in such circumstances,  smash down anyone who tries to stop me,  and suffer the consequences later.

sunny
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:13 am

Well said Wolfie !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:05 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:I had to google 25C.

Smile

The outside ambient temperature might only be 25°C, but even then the temp' inside a closed car can reach over 50°C in less than 30 minutes on a sunny day;  and over 60° when it's over 30 outside...  (Dependant also on the colour of the car, the amount of glass in that cars windows --  hatchbacks have even more exposure, any window tinting --  and where and how the car is parked..).

Babies and children can't regulate their body temp's anywhere as well as adults, and succumb to heat stress much, much faster..

I will repeat the same maxim I've been saying for decades now --  I would free a baby, child or even an animal in such circumstances,  smash down anyone who tries to stop me,  and suffer the consequences later.

sunny

Yep, don't have to tell a Texan about a car getting hot in a hurry. We had a child die here last week who was accidentally left in the car for about 30 minutes.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:22 pm

Maddog wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Smile

The outside ambient temperature might only be 25°C, but even then the temp' inside a closed car can reach over 50°C in less than 30 minutes on a sunny day;  and over 60° when it's over 30 outside...  (Dependant also on the colour of the car, the amount of glass in that cars windows --  hatchbacks have even more exposure, any window tinting --  and where and how the car is parked..).

sunny

Yep, don't have to tell a Texan about a car getting hot in a hurry. We had a child die here last week who was accidentally left in the car for about 30 minutes.

Can you imagine learning that lesson the hard way.  Ugh!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:26 pm

The idiots leave dogs as well !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down