NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Measles Cases Surpass 1,000 In US Amid Largest Outbreak In 25 Years

2 posters

Go down

Measles Cases Surpass 1,000 In US Amid Largest Outbreak In 25 Years Empty Measles Cases Surpass 1,000 In US Amid Largest Outbreak In 25 Years

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:29 pm

The US will lose its measles elimination status if the outbreaks continue, the CDC warns.

The number of measles cases in the US has surpassed 1,000 amid the worst outbreak of the disease in 25 years, federal health officials said.

The milestone comes shortly after the number of cases reached 971, surpassing a previous high of 963 cases in 1994, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced.

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, in a statement confirming the 1,001 cases tallied by the CDC on Wednesday, expressed concern about undervaccinated communities that are contributing to the disease’s spread across the country.

“We cannot say this enough: Vaccines are a safe and highly effective public health tool that can prevent this disease and end the current outbreak. The measles vaccine is among the most-studied medical products we have and is given safely to millions of children and adults each year,” he said. “Measles is an incredibly contagious and dangerous disease. I encourage all Americans to talk to your doctor about what vaccines are recommended to protect you, your family, and your community from measles and other vaccine-preventable diseases.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/measles-cases-surpass-1000-in-us-amid-largest-outbreak-in-25-years_uk_5cf923fce4b0638bdfa5d33b?utm_hp_ref=uk-homepage

And this is only going to get worse, due to the idiocy of anti-vaxxers

Back to top Go down

Measles Cases Surpass 1,000 In US Amid Largest Outbreak In 25 Years Empty Re: Measles Cases Surpass 1,000 In US Amid Largest Outbreak In 25 Years

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:35 pm

And to think, it was once classified as an vanished disease.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Measles Cases Surpass 1,000 In US Amid Largest Outbreak In 25 Years Empty Re: Measles Cases Surpass 1,000 In US Amid Largest Outbreak In 25 Years

Post by Cass Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:30 am

As well as mumps. Rubella and Diptheria are still common elsewhere. In the US there are still cases occurring of Acute flaccid myelitis which is very similar to polio although they cannot isolate the causation. Could it be a new form of polio?

How long till we see these come back with a vengeance.

My father had polio at age 4. Luckily he survived and was not in an iron lung or left permanently paralyzed. But he remembers the pain and suffering vividly.

Vaccinations don’t cause autism, they cause healthy children and adults.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:49 am

Cass wrote:My father had polio at age 4. Luckily he survived and was not in an iron lung or left permanently paralyzed. But he remembers the pain and suffering vividly.

So did I.  Fortunately, my father was a physician and he caught the early signs.  In those days they used something called "Sister Kenny's Hot Packs." It was basically hot steamed blankets put on your back, and as they got cooler they itched horribly.

They didn't know what they were doing in those days, and she was a Nun and nurse who theorized that the disease could be sweated out.  It was nonsense.

I, too, suffered no paralysis or after effects.  For a year I had to go to the pool at the 'Y' in Oakland, for pool therapy...learned to swim there.  But there is something called post-polio syndrome. in which late in life it comes back.  I keep watching and waiting.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:36 am

Original Quill wrote:
Cass wrote:My father had polio at age 4. Luckily he survived and was not in an iron lung or left permanently paralyzed. But he remembers the pain and suffering vividly.

So did I.  Fortunately, my father was a physician and he caught the early signs.  In those days they used something called "Sister Kenny's Hot Packs."  It was basically hot steamed blankets put on your back, and as they got cooler they itched horribly.

They didn't know what they were doing in those days, and she was a Nun and nurse who theorized that the disease could be sweated out.  It was nonsense.

I, too, suffered no paralysis or after effects.  For a year I had to go to the pool at the 'Y' in Oakland, for pool therapy...learned to swim there.  But there is something called post-polio syndrome. in which late in life it comes back.  I keep watching and waiting.

Yes he worries about that too. He’s 72 and so far so good.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down