NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MEASLES: Outbreak Serves As ’Important Reminder To Take Up MMR Vaccine For Kids

Go down

MEASLES: Outbreak Serves As ’Important Reminder To Take Up MMR Vaccine For Kids Empty MEASLES: Outbreak Serves As ’Important Reminder To Take Up MMR Vaccine For Kids

Post by Guest Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:24 pm

arents are being advised to be on the lookout for the warning signs of measles, as an increased number of cases have been reported across the UK.

As of 23 January, Public Health England (PHE) confirmed there have been 47 cases in the West Midlands, 35 in West Yorkshire, 29 in Cheshire and Liverpool, 22 in Surrey and 7 in Greater Manchester.  

Speaking to HuffPost UK, a spokesperson from PHE said: “This serves as an important reminder for parents to take up the offer of MMR vaccination for their children at one year of age and as a pre-school booster at three years and four months of age.

“Children and young adults who missed out on their MMR vaccine in the past or are unsure if they had two doses should contact their GP practice to catch-up.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/measles-in-children-guide-for-parents_uk_5a6af6bfe4b01fbbefb09ec5?gxj&utm_hp_ref=uk-homepage

To me, parents are irresponsible. When they refuse to vaccinate their children. Due to being gullible to misinformation spread throughout the web. Vaccinatios are there to protect all children. Not just their own. So to knowingly place your own children at risk. Which then leads more children potentially becoming ill and suffering. In 2016 there was 89,780 measles deaths globally. Just think how devastingly higher that number of deaths would be. If we did not have vaccinations and this is the problem. Clueless parents place more of a fear  in possible side effects (which is extremely low in numbers and tend to be very mild) in taking vaccinations. Than they do, in regards to the potential of their child dying from contracting measel.

Sadly this is is due in part to the reality that deaths in the UK are minimal. Where people have little comprehension of the dangers. As they are not witnessing first hand the devastation this can cause. Where children are not vaccinated. Having said that. Its still not a valid excuse to deny your own children the right to be protected from such dangereous deseases. As such decisions to deny, are based off misinformation on the web. Like absurd links to Austism.

Just imagine, hypothetically it did possible cause autism? I would certainly take that risk to vaccinate. Knowing I would continue to love and support my children if it happened. The option to not vaccinate, shows some parents are willing to risk the lives of their children and others to potential and possible death. It proves those parents who refuse to vaccinate are cleary ignorant. As to place greated fear on potential minimal side effcts over the potential of death. Proves they are not thinking rationally. Where they are not protecting their children, but placing them and other children at greater risk.

If there was a vaccine tommow for Cancer. People would not even contemplate or hessitate having their children vaccinated against cancer. As they see the reality of countless people dying from cancer each year.

In my eyes its being an accessary to child abuse. Stupidity is not an excuse, to place many children in harms way. If you do not have your child wearing a seatbelt. You place your child at added risk of injury, to possible death and recieve a fixed penalty. The same should happen here, as the parents are increasing the possible risks to children by not vaccinating.

I think employers, Shcools, University and councils, need to take a more active role in educating parents on this. With once a year training courses.

Back to top Go down

MEASLES: Outbreak Serves As ’Important Reminder To Take Up MMR Vaccine For Kids Empty Re: MEASLES: Outbreak Serves As ’Important Reminder To Take Up MMR Vaccine For Kids

Post by eddie Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:10 pm

How do they know those people who got the measles weren’t already immunised and why is it that this kind of story comes up at least once a year?
Perhaps the vaccine doesn’t always work.

But let’s keep an eye on this story as I’d be very interested to find out how badly this spreads and how many people it kills.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

MEASLES: Outbreak Serves As ’Important Reminder To Take Up MMR Vaccine For Kids Empty Re: MEASLES: Outbreak Serves As ’Important Reminder To Take Up MMR Vaccine For Kids

Post by Guest Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:29 pm

eddie wrote:How do they know those people who got the measles weren’t already immunised and why is it that this kind of story comes up at least once a year?
Perhaps  the vaccine doesn’t always work.

But let’s keep an eye on this story as I’d be very interested to find out how badly this spreads and how many people it kills.  

I knew someone would consider something even more incredible stupid as a counter argument.

So the bases for your argument to maintain irresponible parents. Who place their kids lives and others at risk. Is based on the rare chance, someone vaccinated. May contract measels?

Seriously?

So if they have been vaccinated. There is a possibility, that their imune system did not respond properly to the vaccine. Which they then come down with a mild case of Measels. They then arre given another jab.. These stories come up mutiple times a year. Its easy to check on record to see if someone has been vaccinated or not.

So based off this. Is it then sensible to place more children at risk, by not vaccinating?

The question you should be asking yourself. Is that even where in the west, we use vaccinations. Thousands of children die each year. As they do not have access to vaccinations. Then if everyone took such an irresponsible position on this. We would return to a time where millions of children died each year from measels.

Hence its completely irresponsible to not vaccinate. Against such a deadly desease

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:33 pm

I think I asked a question and suggested keeping an eye on the story, I’m sure I did.
Your reply suggests you’re responding to things I never said which is rather odd.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:36 pm

eddie wrote:I think I asked a question and suggested keeping an eye on the story, I’m sure I did.
Your reply suggests you’re responding to things I never said which is rather odd.

No, I am responding to stupidity, in this instance.

As why bring up such a point?

Why wrongly deminish the number of ourbeaks each year within the media?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:I think I asked a question and suggested keeping an eye on the story, I’m sure I did.

Why do you always call people stupid becaeue they don’t automatically agree with everything you say and what you choose to believe in? I find it rather tiresome.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:09 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Why do you always call people stupid becaeue they don’t automatically agree with everything you say and what you choose to believe in?  I find it rather tiresome.

Wrong again.

I never said "you" were stupid. I rightly said your points were stupid. Even more so based on the many points I made. Hence the point, "in this instance". Clearly clarifying that I find your views posted here as stupid
So maybe that is your first problem here.

You need to learn to take on board criticism of poor things you said and they were very poor.
I mean your points, showed, how little understanding you have on Measels.

So I again, why did you raise the points?

What point are you then making on something already known. That in some cases and rarely. The child's immune system, does not respond to the vaccine?

Second, why then and again wrongly. Completely downplay the number of measel outbreaks each year?

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/2503179?redirect=true

Do you still think, its about one a year?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:14 pm

I asked a question, used the word ‘perhaps’ and suggested we keep an eye on the story.

Now unless I’m stupid, I don’t see any points I was trying to make that you thought were stupid.

Take your time. Take a lot of it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:22 pm

eddie wrote:I asked a question, used the word ‘perhaps’ and suggested we keep an eye on the story.

Now unless I’m stupid, I don’t see any points I was trying to make that you thought were stupid.

Take your time. Take a lot of it.

So you avoiding answering again why you raised those points

You are not stupid, but some views you make are certainly stupid. Just as some of mine sometimes are.

You raised more than one point

All of them, looking to downplay the need and importance to vaccinate. Whether you did so unconciously, is up for debate..

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:44 pm

I have a very open mind so I never presume to sticking to an opinion totally.
Vaccination is something I am continually interested in. I’ve never stated that all vaccinations are pointless or unnecessary (some are), my argument is that they shouldn’t be grouped together and also that some of the ingredients are questionable.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:59 pm

eddie wrote:I have a very open mind so I never presume to sticking to an opinion totally.
Vaccination is something I am continually interested in. I’ve never stated that all vaccinations are pointless or unnecessary (some are), my argument is that they shouldn’t be grouped together and also that some of the ingredients are questionable.

1) This is not about opinion, but the known reality of how measels, is a child killer

2) Beggars belief. After I just explanied and reasoned. That its a no brainer to vaccinate all children. As it will save thousands of lives. How because people have been vaccinated, that millions are alive today. Are so, as we vaccinate in the west. How we undeniable know. That the vaccines, have been undeniable effective in saving millions of childrens lives. With you now admitting, that your points earlier. Were as stated, a poor attempt, to downplay the need for vaccines.

3) You just admitted. That you do not think some vaccines are necessary. Where I very much doubt. You have stopped and realized, how many more people are alive today. Due to vaccinations.

Life savers.

4) So now even more than before and based on your answers originally. You must think the measel vaccine is questionable in working. As you must have been arguing. That a measel vaccination is unnecessary.

Otherwise, what relevance did your points have. On a known workable vaccination?

Sorry Eddie, but your claim on ingredients, is based on what scientific testing?

Or is it based on some piece of crap you read online and easily believed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down