NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Restaurant Has A Less Fortunate Board

3 posters

Go down

This Restaurant Has A Less Fortunate Board Empty This Restaurant Has A Less Fortunate Board

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2019 10:04 pm

The Two Amigos Mexican restaurant in Pleasanton, CA, has a less fortunate board where patrons can buy a meal for someone in need.

This Restaurant Has A Less Fortunate Board Rakog-restaurant-helps-people-in-need-with-giving-tree

After a customer purchases a lunch they post the receipt on this board.
Then when someone is hungry but doesn't have enough money, they can come in and look at the board and pull off one of the receipts and get a free meal.

This Restaurant Has A Less Fortunate Board H07qh-restaurant-helps-people-in-need-with-giving-tree-2

Hundreds of people on Facebook have commented on the photos and shared their thoughts.

"Wonderful idea! On another wall are the thank notes for those in need that were able to get a free meal."

"I absolutely LOVE this!! It would be wonderful for more restaurants to offer this."

"That is going to be a blessed and successful restaurant. It starts with having a heart."

"This is just brilliant. I was really down and out one Christmas. I was not going to be able to do much of any Christmas let alone a tree. We were going to make one out of paper and put it in the window. About a week before Christmas I came home to a tree and a basket on my front porch. It had a Christmas dinner and a cabbage patch doll for my daughter. I never knew and still don't know who did that! I'm crying as I write this. Since I have done better I have payed it forward. Sometimes being behind the scenes and not known is a easier way to give and get. I love this board. I love this concept. No one in this country should be hungry."

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/2775/This-Restaurant-Has-A-Less-Fortunate-Board

Back to top Go down

This Restaurant Has A Less Fortunate Board Empty Re: This Restaurant Has A Less Fortunate Board

Post by eddie Wed May 08, 2019 10:08 pm

That is such a brilliant idea! Simply brilliant.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

This Restaurant Has A Less Fortunate Board Empty Re: This Restaurant Has A Less Fortunate Board

Post by Syl Thu May 09, 2019 12:28 am

It is a lovely idea.
I sometimes buy a hot drink and a sandwich for the homeless, they sit in their various spots and eat, but how much nicer would it be for them to eat at a table in a restaurant or cafe.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu May 09, 2019 1:03 am

It’s a great idea and we are seeing more of it.

We also see a lot of paying it forward. Quite a few times in my town I’ve gone through a drive thru and find the car ahead paid for my items. So then I do the same and on it goes. According to a local FB page one time it got up to 85 cars that did it cheers
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down