NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wall Ironing Board

+6
Raggamuffin
Syl
'Wolfie
nicko
eddie
Major
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Wall Ironing Board Empty Re: Wall Ironing Board

Post by eddie Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:53 am

You woke up and thought about an ironing board? scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:07 am

No I don't, sorry. I hate having washing hanging around the house. I stick it all in the dryer.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:53 am

Cast Iron with big wooden rollers, and the metal tub with the 3leg "dolly" to stir the washing?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:11 pm

Major wrote:As a kid I remember a wall ironing board 'fixed' to the scullery wall, pulled it down to use and just pushed it back up when finished..

Cannot find a picture though.

Yes, indeed ...grandparents had one in their home, the cabinet was right in the kitchen. Mom never cared for it cause it took up room and was in the way - she much preferred using her stand alone type that she could adjust for whichever of us 6 kids were going to be stuck with doing all of that huge amount of ironing.

But you still can purchase those cabinets &/or they come in a variety that pop up out of a kitchen counter top area/drawer too >
Wall Ironing Board IronBoardHideBHG   Wall Ironing Board VIB-20CR_close-xl

I have one of these >
Wall Ironing Board 647810532981p?$478$ Since I try very hard to 'NOT' do much ironing, this stays out of my way until needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:54 pm

Idea

DIY...

Even build one yourself from scratch...

USE keywords like dropdown hideaway and foldaway ironing boards in your Google search..

E.g.
http://www.todayshomeowner.com/video/installing-a-built-in-ironing-board/

http://www.bhg.com/topics/home-improvement/closet-and-storage/built-in-ironing-board.htm

http://www.infarrantlycreative.net/wall-mount-ironing-board/

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Major wrote:
eddie wrote:You woke up and thought  about an ironing board? scratch

NO NO NO. I was up at 5.30am.
Wife was ironing and it cropped up.

Do you remember it?

Do you remember the clothes drier/airer that was stored close to scullery ceiling and you let it up and down with thick cord and tied it off on hook on the wall.?

I remember the clothes dryer that was hoisted up and down by a rope Major. We had one in the kitchen (which was also our main living area) We called it a clothes rack.
I have a very vivid memory of my mum coming upstairs when my sister and me were in bed one night, I was around 5 or 6. It was new and my mum was going to lower it for the first time. She told us not to be scared of the noise it would make as she lowered it.....and it did sound loud when we were in bed.
After the first few uses mum gave up with it and went back to the maidens she had used before.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:45 pm

This isn't my photo, but I've got a set similar but with the wringer unit in
between the 2 tubs; mom used it for washing - winging out and 2nd wash. Then
dumped that out onto the garden {suds & all} and loaded the tubs up with
rinse water - rinse wring and rinse again - wring the item out and hand off
to the kid in charge of hanging on the line {solar dryer} ...
Wall Ironing Board Il_fullxfull.333596835

And when we finally got electricity to the house she saved up and got this >
Wall Ironing Board 50_vintage_antique_maytag_wringer_ringer_washer_washing_machine_22239439 
But we still used those square 2 galvanized tubs for the rinsing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:56 pm

Syl wrote:
Major wrote:
NO NO NO. I was up at 5.30am.
Wife was ironing and it cropped up.
Do you remember it?
Do you remember the clothes drier/airer that was stored close to scullery ceiling and you let it up and down with thick cord and tied it off on hook on the wall.?

I remember the clothes dryer that was hoisted up and down by a rope Major. We had one in the kitchen (which was also our main living area) We called it a clothes rack.
I have a very vivid memory of my mum coming upstairs when my sister and me were in bed one night, I was around 5 or 6. It was new and my mum was going to lower it for the first time.  She told us not to be scared of the noise it would make as she lowered it.....and it did sound loud when we were in bed.
After the first few uses mum gave up with it and went back to the maidens she had used before.
I'd never heard about such a contraption so I looked it up ...this might not be exactly what yours looked like Syl, but it would serve the same purpose.
Wall Ironing Board Drying_rack1 
Mom and dad just strung clothes line around the house from hooks that dad had attacked to stud wall right above the top of our tall windows; on days that the sheets hung off of them we'd play like they were stage curtains and play behind them or put on shadow puppet shows.
Cheap entertainment for a non-media saturated childhood. Wall Ironing Board 202592697

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:11 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Syl wrote:

I have a very vivid memory of my mum coming upstairs when my sister and me were in bed one night, I was around 5 or 6. It was new and my mum was going to lower it for the first time.  She told us not to be scared of the noise it would make as she lowered it.....and it did sound loud when we were in bed.
I'd never heard about such a contraption so I looked it up ...this might not be exactly what yours looked like Syl, but it would serve the same purpose.
Wall Ironing Board Drying_rack1 
Mom and dad just strung clothes line around the house from hooks that dad had attacked to stud wall right above the top of our tall windows; on days that the sheets hung off of them we'd play like they were stage curtains and play behind them or put on shadow puppet shows.
Cheap entertainment for a non-media saturated childhood. Wall Ironing Board 202592697

That is exactly what it looked like 4Ever. Smile
Looking at the pics you posted and hearing the way we lived back then (50's and early 60's) it looks and sounds positively medieval.
But I bet as kids we were just as happy as modern day kids with all their fancy equipment.
Having said that...thank God we also now have the modern stuff ourselves...our mums and grandparents certainly had to work a lot harder in the home than we cosseted modern folk do.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:31 pm

I never iron anything if I can help it - haven't done for years. I have a nice shirt which needs ironing so I don't wear it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:32 pm

eddie wrote:No I don't, sorry. I hate having washing hanging around the house. I stick it all in the dryer.

That must cost a fortune. I hang things up properly to dry in a corner, and I only use the dryer for sheets and sometimes towels.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:36 pm

I iron about once a week....just a quick going over for the essentials, mostly OH's T shirts.
My best mate irons everything...sheets, towels, undies, and she spends time and trouble doing it perfectly.

Lifes too short.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:45 pm

Does anyone remember stretch racks for trousers. With today's perm press, those would be great. Never have to iron.

Wall Ironing Board 26082_set

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:Does anyone remember stretch racks for trousers.  With today's perm press, those would be great.  Never have to iron.

Still have mine: hanging out high up in the garage, collecting dust ...my husband was adamant about have his wrangler jeans looking pressed with a seam running down the front of his boot cut wranglers.  And I wasn't going to 'PRESS' denim - NO WAY, so I would hang his denim jeans up with those wire contraptions inserted into each leg and SHAZZZAM...perfection: stiff legs with a crease = sans the stinking spray starch and hot iron! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Syl wrote:I iron about once a week....just a quick going over for the essentials, mostly OH's T shirts.
My best mate irons everything...sheets, towels, undies, and she spends time and trouble doing it perfectly.

Lifes too short.

I don't buy clothes which need ironing. I don't have an ironing board. I have an ironing mat somewhere but that never sees the light of day.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:44 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Does anyone remember stretch racks for trousers.  With today's perm press, those would be great.  Never have to iron.

Still have mine: hanging out high up in the garage, collecting dust ...my husband was adamant about have his wrangler jeans looking pressed with a seam running down the front of his boot cut wranglers.  And I wasn't going to 'PRESS' denim - NO WAY, so I would hang his denim jeans up with those wire contraptions inserted into each leg and SHAZZZAM...perfection: stiff legs with a crease = sans the stinking spray starch and hot iron! Wink

I don't know if you follow clothes, by my firm represents (among others) Levi Strauss, a San Francisco company, and the originator of 5-pocket jeans. So I'm familiar with their apparel lines.

But they also have other brands. One is Dockers, which are 4-pocket trousers. I don't think I'd want creases in 5-pocket jeans. But the stretch racks are ideal for Dockers, which are already permanent press. And I agree, I hate ironing.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

I don't know if you follow clothes, by my firm represents (among others) Levi Strauss, a San Francisco company, and the originator of 5-pocket jeans.  So I'm familiar with their apparel lines.

But they also have other brands.  One is Dockers, which are 4-pocket trousers.  I don't think I'd want creases in 5-pocket jeans.  But the stretch racks are ideal for Dockers, which are already permanent press.  And I agree, I hate ironing.

Growing up in the 50's - 60's with not much to offer in the way of Denim and Levi Strauss was nearly the only true Western cut type of blue jeans around: well there was the Sears & Roebuck carried a line called 'DICKIE' and those were for 'hay shakers/farm kids' ...
Wall Ironing Board Jg_201462311306(0)
Don't recall exactly what was going on in production for the Levi jean line but somewhere in the early 70's their jeans were being cut on the biased grain and one side of the pant leg would twist and the double stitched seam would end up becoming front and center when you wore them.  Then 'Wrangler' became very popular and they stayed with the Rodeo Association and most common worn jeans attire by men & women.
But the thing to do in order to keep that Levi leg from twisting was getting them pressed; for those that could afford it - sending them out to the dry cleaners to have professional starch/pressed with center crease or no-center crease - but that was costly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:25 pm

The earliest laundry machines I remember were twin tubs like this one and even they looked like hard work!!:

Wall Ironing Board Hqdefa10

We are very fortunate that we have some many modern time saving conveniences.  Got to use this smiley, it's Miff's favourite Wall Ironing Board Washin11

I am quite particular about ironing, I have to be smart for work so I do seem to spend a lot of time doing it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:34 pm

Ladies blouses and mens shirts are the most time consuming to iron....thank goodness I don't have to iron many of them nowadays.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Syl wrote:Ladies blouses and mens shirts are the most time consuming to iron....thank goodness I don't have to iron many of them nowadays.

A classmate's family owned a dry cleaning business ...and I was let in on the secret of why they charge more for 'ladies blouses' then 'men's shirts' - all those blasted ruffles that we used to wear but now that we don't have those on our business attire. So, when taking your clothing in always state these are for my son/husband/dad and they don't charge you as much as they do for women's tops. 
That's for America; I'm clueless about other countries ...but I only wear cotton since those cleaning chemicals make me itch something awful ...I never purchase anything I can't hand wash or laundry at home. No

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Dry cleaners are still big business here, but it's so expensive compared to laundering at home.
I look at labels and if it says 'dry clean only' I seldom buy.
Coats, OH's suits and jackets are the only exceptions.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:35 am

Major wrote:Wall Ironing Board Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2019.52.33_zpszey148iq

This was a horrendous contraption for men, did your man have one.
Oh the pain, worse than having a baby.
lol! lol! lol!
I'll make a stab in the dark and guess; is that a travel razor?  The only reason I'd know is that my grandfather had one in his shaving case and he never used that ...said it was just for memories; he used his soap/brush/shaving cup and straight razor blade.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:10 am

I remember the pulley on the cieling for the washing when it was too wet to hang it outside. Pity that your clothes sniffed a bit about what you had for dinner that day though. Laughing

No Febreze in them days.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:21 am

Irn Bru wrote:I remember the pulley on the cieling for the washing when it was too wet to hang it outside. Pity that your clothes sniffed a bit about what you had for dinner that day though. Laughing

No Febreze in them days.
Oh, never gave that a thought ... my dad smoked a pipe, in foul weather our clothes would smell of his pipe tobacco or our wood stove.  
But nothing smells better or feels better on our skin than sheets and towels line dried outside. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:11 pm

Major wrote:I just noticed, you are only a young Chic.

So, you will not remember the big outdoor mangles. lol

Wall Ironing Board Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2011.47.04_zpssjvbrksr

That could double up as an industrial pasta maker now. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Major wrote:Wall Ironing Board Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2012.59.04_zpst9vjwud5

My great grandparents had these and would leave them on their log burner range permanent.

In later years I discovered them at my grans house and had the faces brass plated as ornaments.

Dunno where they went to.

'Sad Irons' ...between the weight & heat, it was a name well earned for sure!  I've got  a couple of different sizes - use them for bookends on my book shelves; grandsons asked me what they were for ...so we took one out to the open fire pit and set it up on the grate - waited for it to heat up - I handed them an oven mitt and a old denim shirt and told them to take turns ironing that flat without any wrinkles.  That didn't take long to hear them complain about the weight - the heat and having to keep putting it back on the grate for more heat!  Razz  

I still have this old gas iron ...mom used it before we had electricity in our home >

Wall Ironing Board Iron_blue1

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:59 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Major wrote:Wall Ironing Board Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2019.52.33_zpszey148iq

This was a horrendous contraption for men, did your man have one.
Oh the pain, worse than having a baby.
lol! lol! lol!
I'll make a stab in the dark and guess; is that a travel razor?  The only reason I'd know is that my grandfather had one in his shaving case and he never used that ...said it was just for memories; he used his soap/brush/shaving cup and straight razor blade.

Yeah, my dad had one.  It was a complete kit.  The red part was a stone, and you pulled the blade (rectangle part on the right) across the stone by the handle (thick wire handle seen embedded, left) to sharpen it.  The handle pivots up and you pulled it back and forth to sharpen the blade.  The blade flipped with each stroke.  Then you detached the blade and fixed it to the blade handle, which you see as resting neatly inside the sharpening handle.

It was a travel kit.  As it is shown, it is ready to be packed away, with the handle tucked away.  Only it's top (not shown) is missing.  The top fit in the opening, kinda like a cover over batteries in your TV remote.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:53 pm; edited 4 times in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

Yeah, my did had one.  It was a complete kit.  The red part was a stone, and you pulled the blade (rectangle part on the right) back and forth over the stone by the handle (seen embedded, left) to sharpen it.  The blade flipped with each stroke.  Then you detached the blade and fixed it to a handle.

It was a travel kit.  As it is shown, it is ready to be packed away, with the handle tucked away.  Only it's top (not shown) is missing.  The top fit in the opening, kinda like a cover over batteries in your TV remote.

Ahhhh, Wall Ironing Board 3406909858    complete with a wet stone for sharpening that blade; UGH, I can well imagine the number of 'nicks' and dullness that those faces suffered through - no wonder men often opted out for beards!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:27 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yeah, my did had one.  It was a complete kit.  The red part was a stone, and you pulled the blade (rectangle part on the right) back and forth over the stone by the handle (seen embedded, left) to sharpen it.  The blade flipped with each stroke.  Then you detached the blade and fixed it to a handle.

Ahhhh, Wall Ironing Board 3406909858    complete with a wet stone for sharpening that blade; UGH, I can well imagine the number of 'nicks' and dullness that those faces suffered through - no wonder men often opted out for beards!

Haha...yes, ouch. I think I tried it once. It didn't get very sharp.

My dad had a lot of these portable instruments. He was the flight surgeon on an aircraft carrier in the Pacific during the war. He accumulated many such portable toys/surgical tools as a part of military kits.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

Haha...yes, ouch.  I think I tried it once.  It didn't get very sharp.

My dad had a lot of these portable instruments.  He was the flight surgeon on an aircraft carrier in the Pacific during the war.  He accumulated many such portable toys/surgical tools as a part of military kits.
I had a clear understanding of why European women don't ascribe to the need to shave so much of their body parts like we American women do ...those instruments of torture shouldn't be used for such delicate areas! What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Shocked

LOOKS LIKE the sort of torture instrument that Sir Laurence Olivier's character in the Marathon Man movie would have relished !!!
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:10 pm

This is all he needed.

Wall Ironing Board Stanley-dynagrip-combination-pliers-180mm
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Major wrote:I just noticed, you are only a young Chic.

So, you will not remember the big outdoor mangles. lol

Wall Ironing Board Screen%20Shot%202016-07-09%20at%2011.47.04_zpssjvbrksr

I think I learned about those in school -- back in your day, they were used to punish people for having impure thoughts, right?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:28 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

I don't know if you follow clothes, by my firm represents (among others) Levi Strauss, a San Francisco company, and the originator of 5-pocket jeans.  So I'm familiar with their apparel lines.

But they also have other brands.  One is Dockers, which are 4-pocket trousers.  I don't think I'd want creases in 5-pocket jeans.  But the stretch racks are ideal for Dockers, which are already permanent press.  And I agree, I hate ironing.

Growing up in the 50's - 60's with not much to offer in the way of Denim and Levi Strauss was nearly the only true Western cut type of blue jeans around: well there was the Sears & Roebuck carried a line called 'DICKIE' and those were for 'hay shakers/farm kids' ...
Don't recall exactly what was going on in production for the Levi jean line but somewhere in the early 70's their jeans were being cut on the biased grain and one side of the pant leg would twist and the double stitched seam would end up becoming front and center when you wore them.  Then 'Wrangler' became very popular and they stayed with the Rodeo Association and most common worn jeans attire by men & women.
But the thing to do in order to keep that Levi leg from twisting was getting them pressed; for those that could afford it - sending them out to the dry cleaners to have professional starch/pressed with center crease or no-center crease - but that was costly.

Dickies, based in Fort Worth, TX has been making high-quality, hard-wearing work-wear since 1918.

For a few years their clothing was also favored in the rap community, for some reason:

Wall Ironing Board Plpwaz2k09czasmanfot

They do look pretty bad-ass.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:58 pm

This is bad ass

Wall Ironing Board Image95

You wouldn't catch him ironing.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:01 pm

Bad ass

Wall Ironing Board Image96
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:04 pm

eddie wrote:Bad ass

Wall Ironing Board Image96

Bad ass....great teeth. Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:10 pm

He's quite hot actually. I think it's the pure growl of evilness on his face, you know he's not going to be kind and gentle . Wink
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm

eddie wrote:He's quite hot actually. I think it's the pure growl of evilness on his face, you know he's not going to be kind and gentle . Wink
The bloody great weapon in his hand is another clue. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:42 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:He's quite hot actually. I think it's the pure growl of evilness on his face, you know he's not going to be kind and gentle . Wink

I was so tempted to edit your post and make you say something rather rude but I didn't want to abuse my admin powers Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:46 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I was so tempted to edit your post and make you say something rather rude but I didn't want to abuse my admin powers Cool

And I can just  imagine what you were going to say... Wall Ironing Board Emotigal-fainting-gif
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:17 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:Growing up in the 50's - 60's with not much to offer in the way of Denim and Levi Strauss was nearly the only true Western cut type of blue jeans around: well there was the Sears & Roebuck carried a line called 'DICKIE' and those were for 'hay shakers/farm kids' ...
Dickies, based in Fort Worth, TX has been making high-quality, hard-wearing work-wear since 1918.
For a few years their clothing was also favored in the rap community, for some reason:
Wall Ironing Board Plpwaz2k09czasmanfot
They do look pretty bad-ass.
Waaaaay back in the early 70's ...working with the illegals around the quarter horse & thoroughbred breeding & training farms; the illegals usually had 'Dickie' brand jeans to wear.  Seems their parents did a lot of shopping from the Sears & Roebuck Catalog ...they were tickled to know that there was a 'Lee' jean outlet right downtown Omaha that they could get more jeans for their wages.

Last edited by 4EVER2 on Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:08 am

4Eva, I remember when Levis began cutting the denim on the bias. My wife, who was raised on a farm, and knew Levis, saw immediately what they were doing. We lived in NJ, and so she went to several stores in NYC trying to find Levis that were not cut on the bias. Didn't know about the pressing though...gd idea.

Now that Sears has bought out K-Mart, you see the Dickie brand all over their men's shop. They've become a bit stylish (not much, but...) today and are all over with thin cut legs, etc. Still have the gaudy red/yellow/blue label on the back.

Wall Ironing Board ZwQbINSid90AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next