NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British father, 51, 'who kicked his 21-year-old Thai wife to death when she refused to have sex with him' dies in notorious prison in Thailand

+6
'Wolfie
Victorismyhero
Syl
nicko
Raggamuffin
HoratioTarr
10 posters

Go down

British father, 51, 'who kicked his 21-year-old Thai wife to death when she refused to have sex with him' dies in notorious prison in Thailand Empty British father, 51, 'who kicked his 21-year-old Thai wife to death when she refused to have sex with him' dies in notorious prison in Thailand

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:20 pm

A husband accused of strangling and kicking his wife to death when she refused him sex has died after suffering mysterious injuries in prison in Thailand.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has confirmed British man Kevin Smitham's body was found at the base of Thailand's Ubon Ratchathani Central Prison.

Smitham, 51, from Nottingham, was awaiting trial for the brutal murder of his Thai wife Kandra Smitham, 29, on April 15 last year.

The couple, who had two young children together, had been staying with Mrs Smitham's parents in Ubon Ratchathani, in the northeast of the country, for the Songkran New Year festival.

Her body was found under a blanket early on April 16 by shocked neighbours.

Police claimed at the time Mr Smitham attacked her, covered her body and then went to bed.

He was arrested and held in custody, but was discovered with fatal injuries close to an outbuilding on the perimeter of the prison in August last year.

He died later in hospital but it is not known how he received the injuries.

His death has only been publicly confirmed by the FCO this week.

British father, 51, 'who kicked his 21-year-old Thai wife to death when she refused to have sex with him' dies in notorious prison in Thailand 4B36699000000578-5621059-image-m-27_1523880339381

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6920755/British-father-kicked-wife-death-refused-sex-dies-Thai-prison.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

British father, 51, 'who kicked his 21-year-old Thai wife to death when she refused to have sex with him' dies in notorious prison in Thailand Empty Re: British father, 51, 'who kicked his 21-year-old Thai wife to death when she refused to have sex with him' dies in notorious prison in Thailand

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:30 pm

You would have to kick someone very hard and several times to kill them that way. Poor lady - that makes me want to cry. We won't ever know what really happened now he's gone as well though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

British father, 51, 'who kicked his 21-year-old Thai wife to death when she refused to have sex with him' dies in notorious prison in Thailand Empty Re: British father, 51, 'who kicked his 21-year-old Thai wife to death when she refused to have sex with him' dies in notorious prison in Thailand

Post by nicko Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:20 pm

"Karma"?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:You would have to kick someone very hard and several times to kill them that way. Poor lady - that makes me want to cry. We won't ever know what really happened now he's gone as well though.

Why do some men think a woman should submit to sex just because they says so? There's something unsavoury about these old men going to Thailand for a young bride. Imagine those poor girls having have sex with old men like him. Horrible.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:56 pm

nicko wrote:"Karma"?

I reckon his wife's family arranged that one

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:02 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:You would have to kick someone very hard and several times to kill them that way. Poor lady - that makes me want to cry. We won't ever know what really happened now he's gone as well though.

Why do some men  think a woman should submit to sex just because they says so?   There's something unsavoury about these old men going to Thailand for a young bride.   Imagine those poor girls having have sex with old men like him.   Horrible.  

I know one bloke who married a thai woman and they had kids and lived in england. they visited often over there where her family lived and she got him to buy a property. also the bank was in joint names.

there is a law in thailand that foreigners cannot own property so the house was in her name only.

she filed for divorce but just before she did that she emptied out the bank account and invested the money in whatever.

so according to the law of the land she was now a wealthy woman and he was booted off back to england peniless. They were the same age and this was meant to be the real thing,,,,,,

another bloke i know was actually a friend of my dads so in his 80s suddenly decided to go to thailand (on someone elses recommendation). he found a woman that he really like. she only liked his bank balance. he got fleeced and kicked to the kerb.

my dad actually warned him and said ''why do you think a 30-40 year old woman would be with a bloke your age? there's only one reason for it''. turned out my dad was right

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:12 pm

The flip side of the coin of when silly older women fall for handsome young waiters on holiday and get fleeced for all they have.

That beautiful young Thai girl....murdered by a man old and ugly enough to be her father.
No wonder she didn't want sex with him.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:18 pm

To be honest i know a few men married to Thai women who have loving relationships, but I get the point how some men. Take it as a que to go there with a view to have sex with younger women

However, I think the lure is losing its charm, for older men, who want to settle down with someone. Whilst you will always have some who are attracted to asian women. Many western men, are meeting and dating eastern European women. That hold values they like for good or bad.

Eastern European women, are more so, stay at home old fashioned women. Which appeals to the older conservative type of man. Where many Eastern european women want to escape the derogatory nature of how some Eastern European men treat them.

I guess its all about control for some men, the more older they become.

Thye reality is, no matter the gender, the more older people become, some become even bigger dicks and fail to grow old with grace. They still think they are 21 and act as such

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:33 pm

I went to the docs the other day
he said "good morning, how are you"
I said "very well thanks...i feel like an eighteen year old"
he said ..."thats good"
I said, "yeah, the only trouble is.....they run too fast and I cant catch the little buggers any more"

(Nicko and Fred will relate to this)

Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:51 pm

Syl wrote:The flip side of the coin of when silly older women fall for handsome young waiters on holiday and get fleeced for all they have.

That beautiful young Thai girl....murdered by a man old and ugly enough to be her father.

Yes, agreed. But, those younger people also choose to go into that relationship, probably for the finances. I doubt very much it's all about true love for most of them.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:53 pm

gelico wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Why do some men  think a woman should submit to sex just because they says so?   There's something unsavoury about these old men going to Thailand for a young bride.   Imagine those poor girls having have sex with old men like him.   Horrible.  

I know one bloke who married a thai woman and they had kids and lived in england.  they visited often over there where her family lived and she got him to buy a property.  also the bank was in joint names.

there is a law in thailand that foreigners cannot own property so the house was in her name only.

she filed for divorce but just before she did that she emptied out the bank account and invested the money in whatever.

so according to the law of the land she was now a wealthy woman and he was booted off back to england peniless.  They were the same age and this was meant to be the real thing,,,,,,

another bloke i know was actually a friend of my dads so in his 80s suddenly decided to go to thailand (on someone elses recommendation).  he found a woman that he really like.  she only liked his bank balance.  he got fleeced and kicked to the kerb.

my dad actually warned him and said ''why do you think a 30-40 year old woman would be with a bloke your age?  there's only one reason for it''.   turned out my dad was right

Rolling Eyes

They say there's no fool like an old fool
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Syl wrote:The flip side of the coin of when silly older women fall for handsome young waiters on holiday and get fleeced for all they have.

I don't think it's relevant whether he was old or ugly or not. She did marry him after all, so I think you're condemning him for the wrong reasons.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:38 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
gelico wrote:

I know one bloke who married a thai woman and they had kids and lived in england.  they visited often over there where her family lived and she got him to buy a property.  also the bank was in joint names.

so according to the law of the land she was now a wealthy woman and he was booted off back to england peniless.  They were the same age and this was meant to be the real thing,,,,,,

another bloke i know was actually a friend of my dads so in his 80s suddenly decided to go to thailand (on someone elses recommendation).  he found a woman that he really like.  she only liked his bank balance.  he got fleeced and kicked to the kerb.

my dad actually warned him and said ''why do you think a 30-40 year old woman would be with a bloke your age?  there's only one reason for it''.   turned out my dad was right

Rolling Eyes

They say there's no fool like an old fool

Ageist

Why has age have to play a part on mistakes to then hold a stigma as you do?

People make mistakes no matter their age, when it comes to infatuation. It just happens in many varying decrees.

Hve you like me, not made mistakes in love?

Is that to do with age, or the reality we made poor or good choices?

Nothing worse when people hold some higher moral standard based around the mistakes of others and even more so on their age

This is the problem here. As nobody talks about the many happy marriages of men and women in old age

They center on the ones that fail, to then claim a poor and unfounded stance on men and women in old age

I find that pathetic. As its not born from reality but ignorant people holding the worst sterotypes on people

Yes some older men and women are foolish, when it comes to love. That though does not mean, they are the main stay of older people

I seriously think at times that threads are started like this, so some insecure people can feel better about themselves

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:43 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Well those girls choose to do it - so there's nothing "poor" about them.

This thread has gone beyond what this man allegedly did now, and some of the views expressed are pretty ageist and ignorant.

The bloke wasn't even that old - only in relation to his wife.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

This thread has gone beyond what this man allegedly did now, and some of the views expressed are pretty ageist and ignorant.

Can someone call 999, I think I just passed out  Laughing

As rags and I agree

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:46 pm

Well it gets on my wick - all this judging people by their age or what they look like. It's not even young people who are doing it either. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Well it gets on my wick - all this judging people by their age or what they look like. It's not even young people who are doing it either. Laughing

I agree again Rags

wow, please stop, this is too much for me   lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:49 pm

British father, 51, 'who kicked his 21-year-old Thai wife to death when she refused to have sex with him' dies in notorious prison in Thailand 1363015401
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I'm sure there are a many of these Thai Bride relationships that work. It didn't for this girl, and for many men/women who get fleeced. If love comes into it, it doesn't matter what age you are, you can have a 50 year gap so long as the love and affection is genuine. Clearly, there was no love in this case.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:05 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Well it gets on my wick - all this judging people by their age or what they look like. It's not even young people who are doing it either. Laughing
Compared to her he was old and ugly....he was a brute and  obviously treated her like a possession instead of his wife and mother of his children....so, I stand by my  remarks.

In a loving relationship neither age nor beauty matters....this was obviously not a loving relationship.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:10 am

HoratioTarr wrote:

Yes, agreed.  But, those younger people also choose to go into that relationship, probably for the finances.  I doubt very much it's all about true love for most of them.

I dont doubt many of these young women marry for the money and the freedom to escape the life they have.
The man has the young pretty wife on his arm, so in many cases it works.
If both sides benifit I dont see a problem.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:26 am

phildidge wrote:

I agree again Rags

Laughing

I agree with both you here, as well...

What I find even more ludicrous than those two old harridans harping on with their usual ageist and misandrist blather -- is seeing two 70-something-year-old grannies referring to a 51 year old as an "old man"..

Stupid ignorant man-hating twats that they are.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:41 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I'm sure there are a many of these Thai Bride relationships that work.   It didn't for this girl, and for many men/women who get fleeced.  If love comes into it, it doesn't matter what age you are, you can have a 50 year gap so long as the love and affection is genuine.  Clearly, there was no love in this case.

She was 29 and they had two children together, so clearly it worked for a while.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:43 am

Syl wrote:
Compared to her he was old and ugly....he was a brute and  obviously treated her like a possession instead of his wife and mother of his children....so, I stand by my  remarks.

In a loving relationship neither age nor beauty matters....this was obviously not a loving relationship.

He wasn't old and he wasn't ugly. If it had been a photo of two happy people, would you call him old and ugly?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

He wasn't old and he wasn't ugly. If it had been a photo of two happy people, would you call him old and ugly?

Compared to her he was indeed old and ugly, and a nasty bastard to boot.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:16 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I agree again Rags

Laughing

I agree with both you here, as well...

What I find even more ludicrous than those two old harridans harping on with their usual ageist and misandrist blather --  is seeing two 70-something-year-old grannies referring to a 51 year old as an "old man"..

Stupid ignorant man-hating twats that they are.

I am surrounded by males in my family, have some great male friends too....love em all.

It's snivelling little cowardly men who hide behind a computer throwing abuse out that I have no time for. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Well said Syl, the "man"? is a Woman hater !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:13 pm

PS, he wants a Woman to show him what's what !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:37 pm

nicko wrote:PS, he wants a Woman to show him what's what !

He is probably such a bitter misogynist because no woman has ever taken up the offer. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So if he'd done nothing wrong and she was still alive, would you still look at him and call him "old and ugly"?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

So if he'd done nothing wrong and she was still alive, would you still look at him and call him "old and ugly"?

I have already said in a normal couple neither age nor beauty matters....if they are happy together it's no one elses concern.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:29 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I have already said in a normal couple neither age nor beauty matters....if they are happy together it's no one elses concern.

You're not answering the question.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Because it's not the issue....but the simple fact  is compared to his wife he was certainly old, and imo he was ugly, but then  cruel men often have an ugly look about them.

It's odd that you are focusing on my comments about this bastard instead of concentrating more on the poor young woman he brutally kicked to death, why is that?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I'm sure there are a many of these Thai Bride relationships that work.   It didn't for this girl, and for many men/women who get fleeced.  If love comes into it, it doesn't matter what age you are, you can have a 50 year gap so long as the love and affection is genuine.  Clearly, there was no love in this case.

She was 29 and they had two children together, so clearly it worked for a while.

I don't think for one moment that someone who's capable of kicking a helpless woman to death, suddenly just becomes that killer.   You must have it in you to do that in the first place.  Perhaps that's why he wanted a young malleable woman as his wife, so he could manipulate and control her.   Many of those girls come from impoverished backgrounds, so marriage to a British man on a good wage or pension is a way out of that.  For this poor girl, it ended in the worst possible way.   Call me cynical, but I reckon a good percentage of the men who go out there to choose a girl bride do so because they can't get a woman of the same age in Britain to wait on them hand and foot and give them sex on tap.  

Call me doubly cynical, but having two kids doesn't necessarily equate to a happy marriage.   It can just mean the woman is even more trapped into the relationship than ever.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:24 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Because it's not the issue....but the simple fact  is compared to his wife he was certainly old, and imo he was ugly, but then  cruel men often have an ugly look about them.

It's odd that you are focusing on my comments about this bastard instead of concentrating more on the poor young woman he brutally kicked to death, why is that?

I just feel that you generally have a bit of a fixation about age and looks. He's clearly not old, and he's also not "ugly". You made those comments to explain why she wouldn't sleep with him - that's without commenting on what he actually did.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I just feel that you generally have a bit of a fixation about age and looks. He's clearly not old, and he's also not "ugly". You made those comments to explain why she wouldn't sleep with him - that's without commenting on what he actually did.

I dont think I have a fixation about either age or looks, but when cases come up in the news I will comment on what I see. He was old in comparison to her, and he was indeed ugly in comparison to her, which could have resulted in his jealousy and insecurity, which led him to brutalise her and kick her to death.

To be frank I think you have a thing about blaming women when they are clearly the victim.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by @lex Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:57 pm

We don't know if this was the first time he was violent to this poor lady. The brutality sounds staggering... Maybe the grandparents can help to raise the orphaned twins.
@lex
@lex
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:20 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I dont think I have a fixation about either age or looks, but when cases come up in the news I will comment on what I see. He was old in comparison to her, and he was indeed ugly in comparison to her, which could have resulted in his jealousy and insecurity, which led him to brutalise her and kick her to death.

To be frank I think you have a thing about blaming women when they are clearly the victim.

I haven't blamed her for anything. In fact, I was the first to comment about how awful it was. I just find your attitude about looks and age a bit weird - I've noticed it before. You said you couldn't blame her for not wanting sex with him because he was old and ugly, and yet she married him so she didn't think that then. I just don't see why you're bringing his age and looks into it. Plenty of crimes involve women or men being murdered, and it's nothing to do with looks or age.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:55 pm

these girls have a choice indeed stay where they are and probably scramble all their lives to live a reasonable life and educate their children, i saw a report where some families will sell a couple of children into the sex trade just to keep the rest of the family or they can if they can afford it and have the education and go into nursing and eventually get a job in Europe, Aus or NZ or you can marry an older man and hopefully become old man's darling if you are lucky and can put up with all that entails, I doubt love comes into it in the majority of cases on the women's side.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:26 pm

I think he may have bought into the stereotype that East Asian women are submissive and he just has a violent temper -- his age has nothing to do with it. If anything, he was probably worse when he was younger.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:30 pm

The guy is a sick fuck and probably had a history of being vile to women.
I’m glad he’s dead. I hope he suffered immensely.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:36 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:I think he may have bought into the stereotype that East Asian women are submissive and he just has a violent temper -- his age has nothing to do with it. If anything, he was probably worse when he was younger.

I think people like him are born that way, he's probably been a bully most of his life. Having said that, jealousy can turn people into monsters, and with a pretty huge age gap, and her being so attractive, it could be it was motivated by insecurity on his part.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:51 pm

I honestly think it's the story itself that defines how we see people regarding their looks.

if you go back and just stare at the photo and take a different back story,,,,,

Kandra Smitham sentenced to 15 years for poisoning her husband, aided by her boyfriend Tanawat Srisuk

Kevin Smithan was found dead by his pool by his hysterical wife who raised the alarm. He had apparantly suffered a heart attack.

but Kevins parents in Dorset, England were suspicious and raised concerns with officials and a coroners report revealed that Kevin had rat poison in his system when he died.

police say Kandra Smithan had left a trail of clues and had been careless in her greed and her desire to be with her lover.

Kevin Smithan worked as a fire fighter and was given an award for risking his life running into a burning building to save two children trapped there. He also worked as a volunteer with disabled children. He was very popular with the local community.

His devastated parents, Doris and Dick from Dorset said ''we never trusted Kandra, I can't believe she was casually using his credit card even after she killed him. Kevin was the kindest, gentlest, most humble man, who always went out of his way to help people. I can't forgive what she did. He adored Kandra and the kids and that's what he got for it''

if you've got that as a back story then you look at him and see a lovely looking bloke with a lazy laid back smile and a twinkle in his eye. you look at her you'll see a greedy manipulative tart with a fake smile which looks really self satisfied and an evil psychotic glint to her eyes

just saying

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:12 am

I agree with you Gelico !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I haven't blamed her for anything. In fact, I was the first to comment about how awful it was. I just find your attitude about looks and age a bit weird - I've noticed it before. You said you couldn't blame her for not wanting sex with him because he was old and ugly, and yet she married him so she didn't think that then. I just don't see why you're bringing his age and looks into it. Plenty of crimes involve women or men being murdered, and it's nothing to do with looks or age.

Plenty of crimes obviously have nothing to do with youth or beauty....and in those cases I dont comment on either. Some do, and this imo  is one of them.

You however seldom have empathy for women who are in relationships where they are mistreated, even battered.

Yes you did comment first here, unusually you did make a sympathetic remark....followed by several that contradicted it.

1.".We won't ever know what really happened now he's gone as well though.

2..Well those girls choose to do it - so there's nothing "poor" about them.

3..She was 29 and they had two children together, so clearly it worked for a while."

In answer...
1...Yes we do know what happened, he was accused of, and admitted to  kicking his wife to death because she refused to have sex with him, he was jealous because he believed she was interested in other men.
From the police report...
"At the time of the charge, Capt Watcharapol Pimwong, from Dech Udom police, said Mr Smitham became "very angry" because he thought his wife was having an affair.
He said Mr Smitham attacked her and left her lying outside the house where they had been staying."

2...Those girls, ie young Thai girls??  They ARE poor... why else do so many of them look to escape dire poverty by marrying rich western men who would not have a chance in hell of marrying a young girl from their own country?

3...How do you know it worked, all we know is he kicked her to death, she could have had years of hell before that
happened.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/kevin-smitham-dead-thailand-murder-wife-kanda-thailand-ubon-ratchathani-a8869576.html

Last edited by Syl on Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:23 pm

gelico wrote:

I honestly think it's the story itself that defines how we see people regarding their looks.

if you go back and just stare at the photo and take a different back story,,,,,

Kandra Smitham sentenced to 15 years for poisoning her husband, aided by her boyfriend Tanawat Srisuk

Kevin Smithan was found dead by his pool by his hysterical wife who raised the alarm.  He had apparantly suffered a heart attack.  

but Kevins parents in Dorset, England were suspicious and raised concerns with officials and a coroners report revealed that Kevin had rat poison in his system when he died.

police say Kandra Smithan had left a trail of clues and had been careless in her greed and her desire to be with her lover.

Kevin Smithan worked as a fire fighter and was given an award for risking his life running into a burning building to save two children trapped there.  He also worked as a volunteer with disabled children.  He was very popular with the local community.

His devastated parents, Doris and Dick from Dorset said ''we never trusted Kandra, I can't believe she was casually using his credit card even after she killed him.  Kevin was the kindest, gentlest, most humble man, who always went out of his way to help people.  I can't forgive what she did.  He adored Kandra and the kids and that's what he got for it''

if you've got that as a back story then you look at him and see a lovely looking bloke with a lazy laid back smile and a twinkle in his eye.  you look at her you'll see a greedy manipulative tart with a fake smile which looks really self satisfied and an evil psychotic glint to her eyes

just saying

Twisted Evil  

I take your point, which is why the press are so powerful, like it or not we are all influenced by what we read and what we see.

But....the fact is in any story where one person in a marriage ends up brutally murdered, the odds are the person who murdered them didn't turn from loving partner into murderous maniac overnight.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down