NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outraged Muslim parents claim school is 'brainwashing' children after boy, four, is sent home with 'inappropriate' book titled 'Daddy's Roommate', which details the lives of a gay couple and their son

+6
nicko
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Raggamuffin
Syl
HoratioTarr
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Outraged Muslim parents claim school is 'brainwashing' children after boy, four, is sent home with 'inappropriate' book titled 'Daddy's Roommate', which details the lives of a gay couple and their son Empty Outraged Muslim parents claim school is 'brainwashing' children after boy, four, is sent home with 'inappropriate' book titled 'Daddy's Roommate', which details the lives of a gay couple and their son

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:47 pm

A group of Muslim parents have complained after a four-year-old child came home from school with a book about the lives of a gay couple and their son.

The book, called Daddy's Roommate, includes everyday scenes of the men shaving together in their underwear and resting in bed - with the group saying the content is 'inappropriate for young children, regardless of faith.'

The parents involved meet together in a children's support group in Hounslow, West London and say that their only objection is the child's age.

The row echoes a similar one in Birmingham where an estimated 600 Muslim children were withdrawn from a school in protest against lessons about homosexuality and gender equality.

A spokeswoman for LGBT Muslims slammed the statements from the parents as 'traditional homophobia dressed up as a faith issue'.

Outraged Muslim parents claim school is 'brainwashing' children after boy, four, is sent home with 'inappropriate' book titled 'Daddy's Roommate', which details the lives of a gay couple and their son 12211218-0-image-a-43_1555105349739

The parents all refused to be named or photographed and they claim that Daddy's Roommate borders on indoctrination, teaching a practice they say their religion forbids.

'We need to stop brainwashing our children'

One father compared Daddy's Roomate to giving a child a book featuring smoking, gun use, or even terrorism.

One mother asked why all children were being handed the book, when only a small percentage would grow up to be LGBT.

She said: 'Why don't they designate a special school for children who have gay and lesbian issues?

'I want them to learn the proper way, and if they do change to be gay or lesbian when they're older - the normal way of how people have actually come out - we will have to accept that.'

'Don't corrupt a four-year-old, a five-year-old. God's law is Adam and Eve, and that's how we grew up.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6917577/Muslim-parents-claim-school-brainwashing-children-boy-sent-home-book-gay-couple.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Outraged Muslim parents claim school is 'brainwashing' children after boy, four, is sent home with 'inappropriate' book titled 'Daddy's Roommate', which details the lives of a gay couple and their son Empty Re: Outraged Muslim parents claim school is 'brainwashing' children after boy, four, is sent home with 'inappropriate' book titled 'Daddy's Roommate', which details the lives of a gay couple and their son

Post by Syl Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:55 pm

Four year old kids are too young to understand about any sort of sexual relationship.
I am honestly confused now about the new curriculum.
The cover of that book alone, along with the title is a bit creepy imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Outraged Muslim parents claim school is 'brainwashing' children after boy, four, is sent home with 'inappropriate' book titled 'Daddy's Roommate', which details the lives of a gay couple and their son Empty Re: Outraged Muslim parents claim school is 'brainwashing' children after boy, four, is sent home with 'inappropriate' book titled 'Daddy's Roommate', which details the lives of a gay couple and their son

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:21 pm

Syl wrote:Four year old kids are too young to understand about any sort of sexual relationship.

Why a young boy? I guess perhaps a girl and a boy would have been less creepy?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:26 pm

Roommate? Why not just say "partner" or "husband"?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:20 pm

I do wonder though if the Muslim parents are being totally honest.
They say their only objection to this book being given to four year olds is not the content of the book but the childs age....which I imagine will get lots of support from other parents whatever their faith.

Will those same parents welcome this sort of book given out when their kids are 10, 12, 14, and so on?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Syl wrote:Four year old kids are too young to understand about any sort of sexual relationship.

Too young to understand that their own parents are two dads or two mums?

Or a single mum or a single dad?

That their parents are not together?

You see this is what is really and utterly silly, when people can claim to say, what is age appropiate. On things that such children of these ages are within said families daily

I mean look at how happy these children are?

Tell me, how do you think they are not able to understand different relationships?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsG-byFIfTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Nobody wants this type of pro homo propaganda being imposed on their children!

Section 28 needs to be reinstated!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Nobody wants this type of pro homo propaganda being imposed on their children!

Section 28 needs to be reinstated!

So explainging to children some kids have single parents is now propaganda to you then Tommy?

Does section 28 cover single parents?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Oh and before i go, I would just add. Why is it that Tommy wants to censur free speech?

I mean, the man constantly craps on about democray and yet wants to superscede the majority view of the country on homosexuality.

I mean the vast majority of people in this country back gay marriage and equal rights for gay people.

So why does Tommy stand against the democratic view of the majority of the people and want to introduce a claus. To ban any mention of people in same sex relationships?

The man is a complete fraud, whenm you break down his poor homophobic views

He has no objection to children learni ng that some kids have one parent and does not call this propaganda, but two dads and he invokes some bullshit. In order to to deny children the ability to know they have friends that have different parent set ups

Go figure

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:23 pm

phildidge wrote:

You see this is what is really and utterly silly, when people can claim to say, what is age appropiate. On things that such children of these ages are within said families daily

Tell me, how do you think they are not able to understand different relationships?

All a 4 year old needs to know is they are loved and cared for. Teaching a 4 year old to accept and respect others is enough imo. Time enough when they are older to introduce talk of relationships and their various differences.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:24 pm

Syl wrote:
phildidge wrote:

All a 4 year old needs to know is they are loved and cared for. Teaching a 4 year old to accept and respect others is enough imo. Time enough when they are older to introduce talk of relationships and their various differences.

This is about teaching about respecting others

So why then do you have an issue here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:32 pm

Muslims have the same right to petition the government as anyone else. As do gays. The beauty of the system, is all views get to be considered.

The right decision-makers will come up with the right answers.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:Muslims have the same right to petition the government as anyone else.  As do gays.  The beauty of the system, is all views get to be considered.

The right decision-makers will come up with the right answers.

Of course they have a right to peptition

What these parentsb have to consider is also they live in a secular country

That means everything is taught

They may not like this, but its not going to be compulsary soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:40 pm

I also love how these parents bemoan brainwashing children. When this is why they are up in arms. As their brainwashing of their children, is being challenged.

That is the reality here. They want to control the views of their children and deny them the ability to think for themselves. Its fear more than anything that is driving this. That if anything conflicts with their islamic beliefs. That they will do everything to ensure they continue to manipulate their children into their own beliefs

This shows everything that is wrong with radical religious people. They want to stiffle their children. Denying them having an understanding in British society. 

The protests are a crock of shit at the end of the day

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:44 pm

phildidge wrote:
Syl wrote:

I have absolutely no issue with teaching children from a very young age to respect and accept everyone in society.
That would cover everything and everyone (obviously within the law) without division.
As a child matures and asks questions that's the time to go into detail about differing relationships.

That is my opinion as a parent and a grandparent.....and if I had young kids at school now it would still be my opinion.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:00 pm

Syl wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I have absolutely no issue with teaching children from a very young age to respect and accept everyone in society.
That would cover everything and everyone (obviously within the law) without division.
As a child matures and asks questions that's the time to go into detail about differing relationships.

That is my opinion as a parent and a grandparent.....and if I had young kids at school now it would still be my opinion.

So you have no issue with this teaching then

Thanks

I am sorry, and yes i understand how you hold ambigious views on what children can or annot understand. But this is only teaching kids to understand, and respect others. You may think its too young, but is this effecting them mentally being taught this?

The answer is a resounding no

In fact its going to have more benefits. We already know this from the last two decades where now more children grow up. Being more accepting of otherds within the younger generation

Maybe you can explain to me, how that is a bad achievement?

Laters Syl

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Roommate? Why not just say "partner" or "husband"?

I know. It's a bit odd.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:58 pm

Syl, you got it right !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Roommate? Why not just say "partner" or "husband"?

I know.  It's a bit odd.

If you're going to teach kids about gay relationships why try to hide it by calling someone a "roommate"? It's pointless.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I know.  It's a bit odd.

If you're going to teach kids about gay relationships why try to hide it by calling someone a "roommate"? It's pointless.

Exactly. It's like they want to be PC but are being too PC to be PC.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:46 pm

"...A 2013 study by the Office for National Statistics revealed that there were 12,000 same-sex couples raising children in the UK..."

So... why the fuk do young children have to be bombarded with so much pro homosexual/same sex parent propaganda...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

"...A 2013 study by the Office for National Statistics revealed that there were 12,000 same-sex couples raising children in the UK..."

So... why the fuk do young children have to be bombarded with so much pro homosexual/same sex parent propaganda...!?

If it helps stop the hate, why not? I do agree books like this are a bit silly, but that's not because of what they are supposed to portray but rather the way they are portraying it.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:56 pm

nicko wrote:Syl, you got it right !
Thanks Nicko,
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:38 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

If it helps stop the hate, why not?   I do agree books like this are a bit silly, but that's not because of what they are supposed to portray but rather the way they are portraying it.

What "hate" do 4-5 year olds do, that needs all of them to be subjected to such pro homosexual propaganda...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:48 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

If it helps stop the hate, why not?   I do agree books like this are a bit silly, but that's not because of what they are supposed to portray but rather the way they are portraying it.

What "hate" do 4-5 year olds do, that needs all of them to be subjected to such pro homosexual propaganda...?

hate is learned. Hopefully, teaching kids that being homosexual is perfectly normal, just different, will stop them thinking it's disgusting and perverted as they grow up...a mind set they learn from adults.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:22 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I have to ask

What is wrong with being accepting of people who are homosexual?

What you call being pro-homosexual?

More to the point, what on earth has it to do with you?

People again are rightly accepting of people who are gay and the main reason. Is that two consenting adults in love does not effect anyone else, but the two people involved. 

So your view to say its wrong to say we should teach people to be accepting of people in lov. Means two factors here

1) You want to actually allow hate to festor against homosexuals. As why else would you be against children learning acceptance of many people? Kids are not born to be homophobic, they learn this hate from people like you tommy

That is why you are so anti this teaching. Just as many dogmatic people are with their beliefs, when they are challenged. They want to be able to control people and not allow them to think for themselves. Hence why you want to deny children the ability to see things for themselves. By denying training in acceptance. You actually want future generations to be hostile to homosexuals

I mean,. what does that say about you and that you call this pro-homosexual. Its as iff you think its some how wrong. When its neither moral or immoral. Yet you want to allow hate to festor by denying children the ability to understand the differences in people

2) 4-5 year olds learn hate, from the likes opf people like you tommy. I mean, why else would they come to view something as wrong, if not taught by people like you. Its why you are so in fear that kids will have the doors open to them on different views and you want to shut this down and deny them the ability to think for themselves.

That is why you are so anti this

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:06 am

all I see is some losers saying...

" don't indoctrinate my kids with modern values representative of the society we are blessed enough to live in.... I want to indoctrinate them with some archaic hill-shepherd Lies not fit for modern society"

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Fuck'em they're idiots and the children will be better off without the parents brainwashing Outraged Muslim parents claim school is 'brainwashing' children after boy, four, is sent home with 'inappropriate' book titled 'Daddy's Roommate', which details the lives of a gay couple and their son 2387050134
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:52 am

Also, is this book about two parents or one parent and their partner? If it's the former, aren't they both daddy?

I might have to get the book to find out. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:00 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Also, is this book about two parents or one parent and their partner? If it's the former, aren't they both daddy?

I might have to get the book to find out. Laughing

A man and his lodger from the sounds of it
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:03 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

hate is learned.   Hopefully, teaching kids that being homosexual is perfectly normal, just different, will stop them thinking it's disgusting and perverted as  they grow up...a mind set they learn from adults.

But it's not normal or natural... normal and natural is a mother and a father in a heterosexual relationship...

And it's not "hate" to say that... it's just the truth...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

hate is learned.   Hopefully, teaching kids that being homosexual is perfectly normal, just different, will stop them thinking it's disgusting and perverted as  they grow up...a mind set they learn from adults.

But it's not normal or natural... normal and natural is a mother and a father in a heterosexual relationship...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=614k_UoFa2U&t=127s

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:20 pm

So... is heterosexuality unnatural...!?

lol!

Can't both be normal...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:24 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

So... is heterosexuality unnatural...!?

lol!

Can't both be normal...

Why can they not be both normal?

Of course they are both normal/naturaL and both are found within countless species

Even neurology shows how very much its normal within people

Unsure how you struggle to understand something so simple it seems

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Waffle...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Waffle...!

And I see Tommy has invoked Tommy bot default mode as per usual

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:31 am

No... you are just talking waffle...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No... you are just talking waffle...!

Why cant both be normal or natural Tommy?
It would be unatural to force you to be homosexual just as it would be unatural to force a homosexual to be hetrosexual.

Having a mum and a dad parenting 2.2 children was always the more traditional way a family would form, but nowadays I should think one parent families, or families with a step parent is possibly more common.

There are many variations of normal.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:55 pm

Outraged Muslim parents claim school is 'brainwashing' children after boy, four, is sent home with 'inappropriate' book titled 'Daddy's Roommate', which details the lives of a gay couple and their son 3489511464

Once again poor widdle Tommy Monkey-brain is attempting to rewrite 'natural laws' to fit his own narrow-minded view of the universe...

The same Tommy Monk who has previously flooded this forum with his anti-climate, anti-science, pro-fascist propaganda puff pieces..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Would you say that to his face you "key board warrior" ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:22 pm

nicko wrote:Would you say that to his face you "key board  warrior" ?

Laughing Englishmen are overweight and slow, while Aussies are lean and mean. I would never pit an Englishman against an Aussie.

Too dangerous. Razz Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Laughing   Englishmen are overweight and slow, while Aussies are lean and mean.  I would never pit an Englishman against an Aussie.

Too dangerous.  Razz Razz

Yeah right....this is what I imagine the Australian forum keyboard warrior to look like. Wink

Outraged Muslim parents claim school is 'brainwashing' children after boy, four, is sent home with 'inappropriate' book titled 'Daddy's Roommate', which details the lives of a gay couple and their son Lespat10
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Laughing   Englishmen are overweight and slow, while Aussies are lean and mean.  I would never pit an Englishman against an Aussie.

Yeah right....this is what I imagine the Australian forum keyboard warrior to look like. Wink

Outraged Muslim parents claim school is 'brainwashing' children after boy, four, is sent home with 'inappropriate' book titled 'Daddy's Roommate', which details the lives of a gay couple and their son Lespat10

Exactly what I expect an englishman to look like (is that genteel English Garden in the background?).  Here's my take on the rugged, outdoor/sportsmen Aussies:

Outraged Muslim parents claim school is 'brainwashing' children after boy, four, is sent home with 'inappropriate' book titled 'Daddy's Roommate', which details the lives of a gay couple and their son Shirtless-soldiers-123

Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:54 pm

Seriously though Quill, you dont really imagine that blokes that looked like that would spend all day abusing defenceless little old grannies on a forum do you? Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:28 pm

Syl wrote:Seriously though Quill, you dont really imagine that blokes that looked like that would spend all day abusing defenceless little old grannies on a forum do you? Wink

No, but we do hear of Aussies base jumping, bungee jumping, para gliding, white water kayaking and all sorts of outdoor activities that require young, healthy and trim bodies, as well as nerves of steel.  Nicko's challenge wasn't about old ladies, but in-your-face testing.

The Aussies are a game bunch when it comes to a challenge.

Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Seriously though Quill, you dont really imagine that blokes that looked like that would spend all day abusing defenceless little old grannies on a forum do you? Wink

No, but we do hear of Aussies base jumping, bungee jumping, para gliding, white water kayaking and all sorts of outdoor activities that require young, healthy and trim bodies, as well as nerves of steel.  Nicko's challenge wasn't about old ladies, but in-your-face testing.

The Aussies are a game bunch when it comes to a challenge.

Laughing

Many Englishmen also do everything in your above post too Quill....and they do it all in the rain with a stiff upper lip. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:42 pm

Razz

Who you calling a "keyboard warrior", turkey brain...

You're the last one should be throwing your empty insults around on here..

You fascist-supporting little twerp.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:55 pm

Dear Wolfie , you'v just proved my point,your a little keyboard Wanker, insults from behind your Pc , your a poor little excuse for a "man" ,any Woman could tan your soft little arse,! You'd most likely enjoy that wouldn't you ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:

How many Englishmen do you know?
When was the last time you came to England?
Where are facts to back up your claim?
Why would you generalise when you hate other’s doing so?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

No, it's your truth. What the fuck is normal? Normal is only normal when it's a majority?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next