NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'He shouted 49! Yes! Yes!... I was shocked': This is what it's like being a Muslim in Manchester now

5 posters

Go down

'He shouted 49! Yes! Yes!... I was shocked': This is what it's like being a Muslim in Manchester now Empty 'He shouted 49! Yes! Yes!... I was shocked': This is what it's like being a Muslim in Manchester now

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:10 pm

Since Friday eleven incidents, nine of which took place on Twitter and Facebook, have been reported to Greater Manchester Police.

Two people have been charged with a racially aggravated public order offence following an incident in Rochdale. While seven people have been arrested over comments made about the New Zealand attacks.

But police believe much of the Islamophobia experienced by Muslims across the city region is not reported.

One such incident happened in the affluent suburb of Altrincham just hours after the attacks in New Zealand. At that point the death toll had reached 49.

Ghazala Yasmeen was with her 14-year-old daughter when she popped to her local Co-op on Washway Road.

As the mum walked back to her car a driver rolled down his car window, grinned at Ghazala, raised his fist into the air and shouted: “49! Yes! Yes!”

“I was shocked. I took me a second to comprehend what had happened,” the mum says.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/he-shouted-49-yes-yes-16001700
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'He shouted 49! Yes! Yes!... I was shocked': This is what it's like being a Muslim in Manchester now Empty Re: 'He shouted 49! Yes! Yes!... I was shocked': This is what it's like being a Muslim in Manchester now

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:17 pm

hmmm...utterly wrong isnt it, to celebrate the slaughter of 49 innocent souls at prayer

just like it was wrong to celebrate the 100's of souls killed going about their daily lives in 9/11, when within hours of that Muslims were holding street parties in celebration thereof..and I SAW that (in Nottingham)

I wondered what the sudden festivities were about until I learned of the atrocity....

I have a LONG and accurate memory..........
yet it was never reported AFAIK
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

'He shouted 49! Yes! Yes!... I was shocked': This is what it's like being a Muslim in Manchester now Empty Re: 'He shouted 49! Yes! Yes!... I was shocked': This is what it's like being a Muslim in Manchester now

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:56 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:hmmm...utterly wrong isnt it, to celebrate the slaughter of 49 innocent souls at prayer

just like it was wrong to celebrate the 100's of souls killed going about their daily lives in 9/11, when within hours of that Muslims were holding street parties in celebration thereof..and I SAW that (in Nottingham)

I wondered what the sudden festivities were about until I learned of the atrocity....

I have a LONG and accurate memory..........
yet it was never reported AFAIK

Yes, that happened in Manchester too. I had a friend who was in Cairo when 9/11 hit, and there were hundreds in the streets celebrating. She said it made her feel really uncomfortable. Sad, but it seems to be common for a percentage of people to wish ill on others or celebrate in their suffering.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:50 pm

As far back as the IRA bombs in Manchester I recall Irish clubs being full to capacity to celebrate.

It's not a competition to see who can be the biggest loudest arsehole….they all qualify equally.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:48 pm

Assholes in every group -- that's what I keep trying to make everyone see. The good people aren't all one color, religion, blah blah blah, and neither are the bad people.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Puzzler Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:57 am

Hardly surprising after how Manchester suffered at the hands of Islam.
The Puzzler
The Puzzler
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:27 pm

The Puzzler wrote:Hardly surprising after how Manchester suffered at the hands of Islam.

The majority of Mancunians dont think or act like that, the aftermath of the latest terrorist attack at the MEN proved that, the city was overflowing with genuine love for all, had you been there you would know that.

If anything people who have been through similar are more inclined to empathise than feel hatred.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down